Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
What was that wrestlemania with almost 0 1v1 matches? 2000? Let’s do that again.

TV Zombie posted:

50 man Royal Rumble? That sounds like a clusterfuck in the making.

Imagine the returns though. “OH MY, ITS DUKE DREOUSE”

Breezango still won’t make it into the rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blaise330 posted:

What was that wrestlemania with almost 0 1v1 matches? 2000? Let’s do that again.
Coincidentally, WM2000 was also the first Mania where the heel went over in the main event

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

fart blood posted:

I prefer to think the vitriol is against Roman and Nia’s booking moreso than them. I know that’s the case with me.

Roman and Nia are never gonna be this generation’s Rock and Dump Matsumoto, but their booking is hindering their ability to get better.

Going by the trajectory of her booking, Nia may not even become this generation's Bertha Faye.

Seams posted:

imagine if this is his heel turn like bret hart's post WM 12 run

Cena: "FRUSTRATED ISN'T THE GOSHDARN WORD FOR IT!! THIS IS FARTJUICE!!!

Tato posted:

Nia crying after a loss like a bitch. Send her to the junk bin like Kharma, the loser bitch. Where she can stand next to Finn and Seth, the impotent non-over bitches who will lose to The Miz in a bitchin match. At least it will be better than The Big Bitch Roman Reigns still getting booed for his big bitch tits he has under his vest while doing everything they can to make dumb bitches boo Brock for owning. What a bitch. Bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycw58kKdQXI

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

piss tape israel posted:

she started crying like big show lol

Man, that is making it sound so much more fake and stupid than it actually was.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This article is excellent by the way, a really loving good read.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cabbit posted:

I am super excited to enjoy but ultimately feel let down by the Ultimate Deletion.

I hope they make two versions, give one to Vince to ruin, then get Borash to slip the real one into the computer on the night.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wait. so are we getting Ultimate Deletion next week or at Wrestlemania?

If it is next week, then this will be the second time Detroit gets a pre-taped match like this for their Raw, since they last got the Wyatt Compound thing against New Day.

I remember my friend that attended saying that nobody cared about it and it was just a huge piss break

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider's Mike Johnson says WWE's talking about bringing Del Rio back. Again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I bet Paige is real happy about that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Astro7x posted:

Wait. so are we getting Ultimate Deletion next week or at Wrestlemania?

If it is next week, then this will be the second time Detroit gets a pre-taped match like this for their Raw, since they last got the Wyatt Compound thing against New Day.

I remember my friend that attended saying that nobody cared about it and it was just a huge piss break

Dude, the stupid loving ring of lights completely blocked my angle of the titantron and I could not see poo poo during that entire loving segment. Also, some loving Kroger signs or something were partially blocking the Jumbotron so that was a no-go too. I strongly remember nobody caring about it at all. Some people half-heartedly waved their cellphone lights when, I guess, they realized they weren't gonna get to do it for an actual Wyatt entrance.

Joe Louis Arena sucked so goddamn bad. :mad:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Maybe they'll keep him on Smackdown or something.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

How did ADR reach Jeff Hardy status where companies are clamoring for him regardless of what a huge gently caress up he is?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think it's seriously as simple as "He's handsome, well-built, tall, is a pretty good worker, and speaks English. We'll corner the Hispanic market!" and then several months later you're left with a giant bill, somehow are involved in a handful of lawsuits and he's talking poo poo about you on twitter.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alberto Del Rio is the super-genius chessmaster people pretend Jeff Jarrett is.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I highly doubt that Cena will be in the WWE Championship match, if only because I have latched on to the idea that I am getting Shinsuke vs AJ at Wrestlemania and I'm clinging desperately to that idea.

I can't fathom Cena's record-breaking title win coming in a B-show multiman match he was inserted into twelve days prior. WWE definitely doesn't hold Flair's record on the same level as, say, Taker's Mania streak, but it's not just there either. It's something that just feels has to happen at a Summerslam or Wrestlemania.

Chris James 2 posted:

Third time's the charm, perro.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm sure Vince looks at his body and see money and also a chance to stick it to a guy that left before whereas ADR probably just sees them as another quick buck.

God if they stick him with Rusev again I'll be very angry

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I can't fathom Cena's record-breaking title win coming in a B-show multiman match he was inserted into twelve days prior. WWE definitely doesn't hold Flair's record on the same level as, say, Taker's Mania streak, but it's not just there either. It's something that just feels has to happen at a Summerslam or Wrestlemania.

It'd be the most WWE thing ever if they messed up the sure money angle of Cena breaking Flair's record so watch them do it on a B show or out of nowhere

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm sure Vince looks at his body and see money and also a chance to stick it to a guy that left before whereas ADR probably just sees them as another quick buck.

God if they stick him with Rusev again I'll be very angry

but this would mean rusev gets on tv

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That Goldust promo was really really good, I enjoyed that. I also like that Asuka is being pushed and booked well, nice to see! The Raw had it's moments, like Iron Man 2 and whatnot. Well Iron Man 2 was actually pretty solid, "Get out of that donut!", or however Nick Fury puts it. If you guys haven't seen that movie, it's worth a watch quite frankly. Mickey Rourke with the Lana accent and whatnot, not bad.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It'd be the most WWE thing ever if they messed up the sure money angle of Cena breaking Flair's record so watch them do it on a B show or out of nowhere

Isn't that how he tied the record?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Iron Man 2 was okay but it started the trend of Marvel movies undercutting their serious moments with jokes that's grown really annoying. Black Panther didn't do that, and that's why I thought Black Panther was pretty good.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Bitch, happy Women's History Month, bitch!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Personally I'm staking all my hopes in Wrestlemania on a watered-down rehash of an ok match from another company.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh man, the Mizzies! I always cry at awards shows :cry:

Kurt Angle finally got an award, it was long past time :unsmith:

I hope that Finn's family stays safe for Wrestlemania weekend :ohdear:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hahahaha. Remember when Alberto Del Rio came back and ended John Cena's awesome US Title run and immediately became just another guy and left the company like six months later? Hahhahahahaa.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

alberto's gonna come back and do some weird move that isn't his finish to roman reigns and pin him in like 2 minutes and then be bad for several months

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

mike said its bullshit on twitter.

however what's not bullshit is apparently wwe thinks the cruiserweight division is deep enough for tag titles???

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rhonne posted:

It was at the Royal Rumble

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

hello i'm going to beat you up, bitch, because i want your title. which is also a bitch.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

KungFu Grip posted:

mike said its bullshit on twitter.

however what's not bullshit is apparently wwe thinks the cruiserweight division is deep enough for tag titles???

gently caress deep enough, they don't have enough screen time for it. They barely have enough time for a singles division.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I think the story they’re trying to tell is that Roman busts his rear end for the fans weekly while Brock doesn’t give a poo poo about them

IMO if there was one single competent writer at wwe i think it’d be interesting if they played up Roman as 'he's out here doing shows every day even though the crowd boos him nonstop'. however no one at wwe could pull that off without it backfiring hilariously

Yeah but as it is they ran this angle on the same night they ran an angle on how petty, evil, and weak the people who run the company are.

This poo poo sucks and is everything wrong with WWE booking in a nutshell. Throw in Smackdown being the Shane McMahon show and holy poo poo I'm now becoming a Maoist thanks to wrestling

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that was a joke by the way I'm not actually a maoist

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

IMO if there was one single competent writer at wwe i think it’d be interesting if they played up Roman as 'he's out here doing shows every day even though the crowd boos him nonstop'. however no one at wwe could pull that off without it backfiring hilariously

They'd need to acknowledge that Roman is the most hated wrestler in the company to do that.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Seams posted:

brock has been loving the belt

worked for Xavier

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Thanks for sharing this, was a great read.

Apparently they announced an Australian show on Raw? At the MCG? They're out of their loving minds if they think they can fill it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GlenMR posted:

Thanks for sharing this, was a great read.

Apparently they announced an Australian show on Raw? At the MCG? They're out of their loving minds if they think they can fill it.

The claim is this has been in the works for awhile and is meant to be a PPV too? Even so, the biggest show they ever did in Australia was 50k right? And that was their first time there in a long time (ever?) with an absolutely stacked card during the height of the wrestling boom, from memory.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yeah but as it is they ran this angle on the same night they ran an angle on how petty, evil, and weak the people who run the company are.

This poo poo sucks and is everything wrong with WWE booking in a nutshell. Throw in Smackdown being the Shane McMahon show and holy poo poo I'm now becoming a Maoist thanks to wrestling
Ugh Maoism, why would you want to be forced to be a farmer comrade? Eh could be worse, could be trying to make me read their zines like the Trots.

But anyway I think Nia would play a better face than heel because I think she's just too nice to pull off the monster heel gimmick, despite the rumors that she has a huge ego and is refusing to improve and running to the Rock for protection. Would it have been better if she spent a year or two in NXT? Sure, but she is also pretty old.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 6, 2018

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

achillesforever6 posted:

Ugh Maoism, why would you want to be forced to be a farmer comrade? Eh could be worse, could be trying to make me read their zines like the Trots.

But anyway I think Nia would play a better face than heel because I think she's just too nice to pull off the monster heel gimmick, despite the rumors that she has a huge ego and is refusing to improve and running to the Rock for protection. Would it have been better if she spent a year or two in NXT? Sure, but she is also pretty old.

Bobby Roode was 40 when he got called up and Bobby Fish is 40-something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Has anyone said Cry-a Jax yet?

I hope she doesn't fight Balding Botcha Stanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhonne posted:

At the time everyone figured he was getting the quick tie in on a nothing PPV so that he could break it at Wrestlemania, but then he fought the Miz in a wife match.

• Locked thread