Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Wait.

Guys.

I just realized there's something we didn't give praise to...

...Kurt Angle didn't flub his lines on Raw!

:woop::woop::woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He said he had 5 kids instead of 6, that counts.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Baron Corbin posted:

i hope brock no-shows wrestlemania

This would be the best thing.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
That Cody Rhodes article is loving incredible and everyone should read it

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Jerusalem posted:

The claim is this has been in the works for awhile and is meant to be a PPV too? Even so, the biggest show they ever did in Australia was 50k right? And that was their first time there in a long time (ever?) with an absolutely stacked card during the height of the wrestling boom, from memory.

And the stadium that show was held at is roughly half the capacity of this coming show.

This whole idea is bananas. Etihad Stadium seats 40-ish thousand for AFL games. The MCG can seat close to 100,000. Even if they cut off a quarter of the seats for a stage, a whole lot of people will still be on the deck. The idea of a sold out crowd is kinda laughable.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh yeah, guess what was announced tonight for Smackdown?

We get to revisit one of our favorite feuds!!!

Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal. :confuoot:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

He said he had 5 kids instead of 6, that counts.

He called his boss Stephanie Man

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

If he meant Triple H that's fine.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh yeah, guess what was announced tonight for Smackdown?

We get to revisit one of our favorite feuds!!!

Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal. :confuoot:

The storied rivalry!!!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I admit I wasn't paying attention.

So I guess Kurt did gently caress up his lines.

Oh well. :smith:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Endless Mike posted:

I cringed when he said that

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Glad I didn't watch Raw.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Braun murdering Elias with various musical instruments owned

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
looking forward to wwe champion buddy murphy in the lead up to the MCG show

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

That Cody Rhodes article is loving incredible and everyone should read it

It really is. Mad respect for Cody, glad things seem to be working out for him. And of course WWE Creative is absolute garbage OBVIOUSLY (pretending to type on a laptop to humor him, even Road Dogg was pissed)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Watched that Alexa/Nia bit again and although I kinda hate that they're going with this angle, both of them knocked it out of the park, which makes me interested in it, even though I know I'll hate it. Gotta be a simple term for that; you could've used it for that Eddie/Rey SummerSlam feud too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Schadenfeud

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Roman Reigns, good in the ring, is in a dumb worked shoot storyline where we're supposed to like the pro-corporate guy instead of the one just trying to get money easy. Hell, I don't like watching Kevin Nash in the ring but I loving love the dude for just trying to make the most money with the least work possible.

why does everyone praise Nash for being a loving grifter. like yeah great good for you, making a product worse by exploiting the business, but that doesn't make it more fun to watch for me.

I haven't watched Raw/SD in like 3 years and idk how anyone does it, it sounds miserable though the current Cena storyline sounds pitifully hilarious. Company is doomed to infinite McMahon/authority/big dog bad storylines.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DLC Inc posted:

why does everyone praise Nash for being a loving grifter. like yeah great good for you, making a product worse by exploiting the business, but that doesn't make it more fun to watch for me.

Bischoff deserved it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bischoff deserved it

fair enough though I'd also add "Russo deserved it"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman Reigns' idea is that Brock Lesnar, by getting a sweetheart deal is actually on the side of management and not labor. He is a class traitor.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Ronda came out and after too long a back and forth, she said her contract which offers her no special treatment also dictates she gets a Wrestlemania match against whoever she wants.

WWE_Writing.txt

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Good news everyone:

quote:

Former WWE, AAA and Impact Wrestling champion Alberto el Patron (fka Del Rio) was at WWE HQ in Stamford, CT last week, PWInsider.com has confirmed. We are told Patron was in Stamford last Wednesday, filming interview material for an upcoming WWE project related to Rey Mysterio. That would be the day he flew to Europe to make an appearance for Five Star Wrestling.

While Patron was in Stamford, he also met with Vince McMahon, numerous sources have confirmed.

The meeting with McMahon is very interesting, because, as I noted in my Elite audio update yesterday, there have been rumblings of late within WWE that McMahon was very much for Patron returning to the company, as he's always been extremely high on Patron as a performer and a character. Patron left the company in September 2016 after requesting a release, at the time unhappy with where he had been slated within the company.

Patron has been with Impact Wrestling since March 2017 and his current deal with the company is slated to expire next month. As we reported yesterday on PWInsider.com, Impact management made it a priority over the weekend in Canada to meet with talents who's deals were coming close to expiring in order to negotiate new deals, including Patron, who by all accounts would be the biggest "name" talent in the company and likely the highest paid. Impact sources yesterday noted that those conversations with all talents were positive and expressed hopes all, including Patron, would be inking new deals.

Patron is scheduled to headline the 4/22 Impact Wrestling Redemption PPV, challenging champion Austin Aries.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

Braun murdering Elias with various musical instruments owned

While true, I am incredibly sad that Elias did not go through the bass drum

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

While true, I am incredibly sad that Elias did not go through the bass drum

Yeah that's bullshit. At least hit him with a cymbal, come on.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The beginning and end of Raw were both insultingly poo poo.

The Ronda thing is already a disaster and Roman/Brock is just frustrating.

"Hey look guys. The Wrestlemania main event is the guy you hate vs. the guy who clearly doesn't give a gently caress anymore."

Heyman coming out alone with the belt was laughable. That 10 second long house show match must have earned Brock a couple of weeks off. The champion should probably be on TV every week leading up to the biggest show of the year.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Good lord why does anyone want Del Rio. They're going to re-hire his useless rear end and he'll leave IMPACT with Don Callis clutching his leg like the Dixie/Hogan thing.

Never seen companies so eager to sign an expensive guy who sucks and doesn't draw any fan interest. But if you have a chance to throw money at an insane coke fiend who isn't over and abused one of the women on your roster, by god you have to do it. Dude was only over due to Ricardo, that's it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

worked for Xavier

Not so much for Brad Madox

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nia shouldnt be main eventing anything
keep cena out off aj-nakamura
i dont give a gently caress about ronda rousey if joanna champion or cyborg arent involved
kurt is pathetic just like foley last run was
toxic alexa reminds me of vampire lady i dont like that

#hottake #freergl #forzaferrari

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Not sure if this is a hot take but I think the Mania midcard is shaping up to be a lot of fun

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Why do they want to re-sign Del Rio when they have Almas sitting in NXT? Sure, he needs Vega as a mouthpiece but the pair of them are both way better than Del Rio and they're certainly more reliable.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vaguido posted:

Why do they want to re-sign Del Rio when they have Almas sitting in NXT? Sure, he needs Vega as a mouthpiece but the pair of them are both way better than Del Rio and they're certainly more reliable.

This.

Almas is the next big Latino star they've been looking for. Del Rio is a void of charisma who's only memorable feud was with Santa.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Vaguido posted:

They'll probably call Almas up after Mania and have him feud with Del Rio :shrug:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The claim is this has been in the works for awhile and is meant to be a PPV too? Even so, the biggest show they ever did in Australia was 50k right? And that was their first time there in a long time (ever?) with an absolutely stacked card during the height of the wrestling boom, from memory.

They typically book ~15k arenas in Australia. I went to see an NXT show in Sydney which was in their usual 20k arena, and there were roughly 2-4k people there. I have no idea how they are going to entice people to travel interstate to watch it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

This.

Almas is the next big Latino star they've been looking for. Del Rio is a void of charisma who's only memorable feud was with Santa.
yeah but one of them is over 6’ and the other is not

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it isn't going to cause any harm to them being welcome in australia when wwe moves to a smaller venue, pretending that a terrorist attack was called in on their 100k seat show because it only sold 22,000 tickets

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

This might be a hot take, but a wrestling company can have multiple Mexican people on the roster at the same time.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Well... just decided to get tickets to both MITB and NXT Chicago. The Combo Tickets were actually a decent deal. $200 for MITB solo ticket, or $220 for both shows. No brainer.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 6, 2018

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

This might be a hot take, but a wrestling company can have multiple Mexican people on the roster at the same time.

True but ADR stinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

nia shouldnt be main eventing anything
keep cena out off aj-nakamura
i dont give a gently caress about ronda rousey if joanna champion or cyborg arent involved
kurt is pathetic just like foley last run was
toxic alexa reminds me of vampire lady i dont like that

#hottake #freergl #forzaferrari

Pretty sure the Raw women's match isn't main eventing Wrestlemania, don't worry.

• Locked thread