Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Faffel posted:

No

It's PVP and it is not even slightly tacticool if your idea of tacticool is even slightly ground in reality

Good for the tactical anime fan though

Uh he's talking about outbreak, there is a new PvE mode the entire season is themed around

Anyways the game is tactical in the sense you have to think about engagements and the environment compared to other games where there's a respawn and abilities amount to bigger grenades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

No I don't recommend buying the game for the permanent bad terrorist hunt or temporary PVE zombie mode. Zombies aren't even tactical.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Penpal posted:

Uh he's talking about outbreak, there is a new PvE mode the entire season is themed around

Oh is the PvE mode not actually out yet? I guess I'll just keep an eye on how the thread feels about it once it's out in case it turns out great.

Faffel posted:

No I don't recommend buying the game for the permanent bad terrorist hunt or temporary PVE zombie mode. Zombies aren't even tactical.

I feel like you didn't take my initial statement about their tastes literally enough, but you've still answered my question so thanks :v:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Outbreak might be fun but my opinion is a big lol at buying it for that specifically because it's not permanent. It's a fun game, but t hunt loving sucks. Maybe Outbreak could be fun for starter edition money but then you're hosed if you want to keep playing.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Faffel posted:

PVE Hostage Extraction is fun to dick around in for an hour or so here and there but yea it's primarily a PVP game.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

"You don't have to buy Outbreak loot packs, you can just unlock them by completing weekly Outbreak-challenges!"

"We haven't actually included any of those for the first week."

:allears:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is it me or do the operator icons look different?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Perestroika posted:

"You don't have to buy Outbreak loot packs, you can just unlock them by completing weekly Outbreak-challenges!"

"We haven't actually included any of those for the first week."

:allears:

Oh, really? I thought the outbreak packs were R6 cash only.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Flipswitch posted:

They do.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Kikas posted:

Oh, really? I thought the outbreak packs were R6 cash only.

They're giving people one a week, four total, for doing weekly challenges. I thought they'd just hand them over

Also the outbreak mode will get newbies used to the shooting and operator mechanics so people will probably play a couple of rounds of that then jump into casual

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Count Uvula posted:

Oh is the PvE mode not actually out yet? I guess I'll just keep an eye on how the thread feels about it once it's out in case it turns out great.

It's out now. It's fun, but not overly exciting.

Flipswitch posted:

They modified them a bit to have more contrast between icons. Mostly they added a lot more blackened bits and some "weathering."

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Flipswitch posted:

Didn't they say they were gonna make them easier to tell apart or something? I feel like I remember hearing that and also being like what why are they hard to tell apart.

Edit: ∆ all that.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cheers dudes, they do look quite snazzy now.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Finka is cool because she gives attackers a false sense of confidence and makes them easy to bait into traps.

Mute's jammer range w/r/t lions drone is so small it may as well not even have an effect at all, which is really disappointing. There's pretty much no incentive to play mute as a lion counter.

Lion's gun is comically good, using lion/jackal as an anti roaming ability is hilarious

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aren’t the icons just the same detailed ones that were only visible on the operator loadout page?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Legs Benedict posted:

just played a match against a dude who was basically a roaming tachanka and that was some weird poo poo

Roaming as Tachanka is much fun, also the only way to learn how to place turrets without risking your entire team should you fall.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I got an alpha pack right before the server went down and now it's gone and I lost the percentage :mad:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

El Burbo posted:

Aren’t the icons just the same detailed ones that were only visible on the operator loadout page?

Yep. Always found it funny they weren't used outside that screen. Also the loadout models are much higher rez and weapons are shown at a better angle.

Got my free Outbreak packs but no Ash skin :(

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jack Trades posted:

"Technical Limitations".....? :thunk:

Bro we all knew and said that the technical limitations were the Accounting department saying "technically, this would limit our revenue for next quarter"

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Reddit link sure, but drat both Valk and IQs new elite skin animations rule

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/82gxbt/both_new_elite_skins_mvp_animations/

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

tracksuit IQ do the punch dance :dong:

also, I'm the top tier secret spec ops person disregarding SOP. also I brought this cellphone.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 6, 2018

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

^^^^ drat, for the first time I'm actually tempted to spring for an elite skin. ^^^^

I'm seeing a lot of Lions just slamming out their ability all the time and way too early, when the defenders can just sit tight and nothing happens. Only once so far have I seen one use it to cover planting the bomb, which was pretty neat and effective.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 6, 2018

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I didn't get the free Ash skin, I didn't get the free Outbreak packs, and every time I click to see the Outbreak collection my game crashes. I was going to buy some new outbreak packs but I get an error every time I try to buy R6 money.

Coming from playing a ton of Killing Floor 2, Outbreak mode feels mediocre. I guess it's less of a horde shooter and closer to an objective mode like L4D was, but I've never played L4D so I can't compare. Doc seems to be the handiest, it's great to have extra heals replenishable with the gadget box, and his shotgun has no problems one shotting the Metal Gear Survive zombies.

What's the trick with the big guy with the glowing red weak spot on his back? My guess is you're supposed to bait his charge attack so he's stunned and you can melee him in the back, but my dumbass team kept shooting that spot instead, causing him to turn around and melee me every time I tried to get close, so I couldn't test that theory.

Bilal fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 6, 2018

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Bilal posted:

I didn't get the free Ash skin, I didn't get the free Outbreak packs, and every time I click to see the Outbreak collection my game crashes. I was going to buy some new outbreak packs but I get an error every time I try to buy R6 money.

Coming from playing a ton of Killing Floor 2, Outbreak mode feels mediocre. I guess it's less of a horde shooter and closer to an objective mode like L4D was, but I've never played L4D so I can't compare. Doc seem., no problems one shotting the Metal Gear Survive zombies.

What's the trick with the big guy with the glowing red weak spot on his back? My guess is you're supposed to bait his charge attack so he's stunned and you can melee him in the back, but my dumbass team kept shooting that spot instead, causing him to turn around and melee me every time I tried to get close, so I couldn't test that theory.

Damaging the big guy with explosives causes him to start a charge pretty much instantly most of the time. Impact nades are best for that, but you can usually make do with frags or even claymores. I think the explodey enemies also work.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I'm genuinely salty that the outbreak packs contain the best looking seasonal weapon skins. Every other item from the packs looks dumpy so no I'm not paying 200 dollars for a seasonal weapon skin, gently caress you ubisoft

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

Minrad posted:

I'm genuinely salty that the outbreak packs contain the best looking seasonal weapon skins. Every other item from the packs looks dumpy so no I'm not paying 200 dollars for a seasonal weapon skin, gently caress you ubisoft

LOL!!! Really?
God drat do they want to chase Counter strike so badly with their skins. They just need too introduce skin trading/selling and they're set.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

WaffleLove posted:

LOL!!! Really?
God drat do they want to chase Counter strike so badly with their skins. They just need too introduce skin trading/selling and they're set.

Yeah, there's two alright seasonal skins available to buy for credits (for 23,500 instead of 22k lol) but the other two are locked to outbreak packs, including the (imo) best looking retro steel skin

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I DID manage to buy some outbreak packs with real money but I didn't get anything decent in them, but that's gambling for you, so I wasn't upset. What I was not happy about is that I played a round of casual and lost, and then it took my 25% of getting an alpha pack and lowered it down to 0%.

This might be the buggiest I've seen a game on a new update. Nearly everything I've tried to do has been broken today.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Bilal posted:

This might be the buggiest I've seen a game on a new update. Nearly everything I've tried to do has been broken today.

New to Siege, eh?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Damaging the big guy with explosives causes him to start a charge pretty much instantly most of the time. Impact nades are best for that, but you can usually make do with frags or even claymores. I think the explodey enemies also work.

Just shoot him in the front a couple times and it'll charge without fail. You can shoot the back weak spot to kill it but it'll take longer to do then just stab it three times for no particular benefit.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_OkCsexjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le94gwhacxk

once again ubi gave me exactly what i wanted immediately so idk if i can keep pretending like i hate these lootcrates

also lmfao the floating warlock mage things own and are clancyverse canon now

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm really less concerned about the new ops and more that this new season has already brought out all the sweaty try hards that are still Ash/Jaegar/Cav'ing it up while half the attacking team is mostly useless at the moment.These new ops seem even more communication based than even Dokkabei is, since at least you can just use the phone whenever and you may help sombody find a corner camper or something. I've seen the Lion drone do jack poo poo the whole round, or Finka's that use their nanomachines at terrible times.

Like yeah i get that the content is only a few hours old now but i feel like it's gonna be harder to get more casual uses from their abilties as a whole. I will say that Finka is good at making me put down my controller a second to early thinking i was already dead about twice over during a gunfight soooo there's that?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Minrad posted:

Well I mean 95% of the Outbreak skins are poo poo by design, to get the people who want the good stuff to keep spending

Anyways I'm just glad the game runs better and looks better in general. Feels like they put all the graphics they took out for Operation Health back in

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Hey the outbreak mode blows

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
agreed

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Bro we all knew and said that the technical limitations were the Accounting department saying "technically, this would limit our revenue for next quarter"

That's cool, bro.
I'm glad you knew that, bro.
One day I wanna be just like you, bro.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

algebra testes posted:

Echo uses Yokai to record his "Gunfight from one room away" sounds Tumblr.

this needed more attention imo

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Jack Trades posted:

That's cool, bro.
I'm glad you knew that, bro.
One day I wanna be just like you, bro.

You're really bad at haiku

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

mp5 posted:

Hey the outbreak mode blows

game reviewer: but it was free

9/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
It finally happened. The game stole an alpha pack from me.i may never feel safe again.