Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1) B. We have no use for such paltry trinkets.
2) -
3) F. Moroni. If we find Moroni we find the linchpin. His name translates to Heart of Fire so he has/is the key. He designed the infrastructure. He’s too important to ignore.
4) H. Sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1. C Yeah no reason to keep that lying around.
2. See if some of our contacts have any information / can get us information on the artist behind the Infrastructure, Maroni. Also the Tic Toc Cops. Probably don't ask about both of them to the same people. (If we suck at research, might as well see if we can get people that don't to search for us!)
3. D
4. H

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

What kind of car does Kind normally drive? Is Ruin trying to tell us that Kind is a robot/has a robot impersonating her? I do not trust her just showing up here and now like this after getting that meme from Ruin, is there any way we can subtly determine if the thing that looks like Kind trying to get us in a car is actually Kind?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

1.C
Follow up on the robocops a bit, we probably can't do much from here right now but there's gotta be SOMETHING even if it's just looking through what Alex gave us.
3. DG
4. I

I'm not about to get in that car unless we know it's actually legit Kind and not a robocop, the meme's got me spooked.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I think it's saying they asked Kind to help Tone. Maybe? That's basically the inverse of what the meme actually says though, so I could be abstracting it too much.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1C
3EGD
4H

EDIT: Is there something we can roll to decide if the music is a funny coincidence or not?

Kavak fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 2, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

What kind of car does Kind normally drive? Is Ruin trying to tell us that Kind is a robot/has a robot impersonating her? I do not trust her just showing up here and now like this after getting that meme from Ruin, is there any way we can subtly determine if the thing that looks like Kind trying to get us in a car is actually Kind?

Stepford is code for Kind, they were just letting us know she was stopping by. The clue there was probably the picture of someone being repaired. They might want us and Kind to do some pacting to patch their covers before they come back above ground. Or whatever it takes to repair a demon that got hit by the equivalent of an RPG.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh you know what, I just googled Stepford Wives. The picture makes a lot more sense now, before I didn't get the reference beyond the vague idea that "Stepford Wives" refers to something to do with, like, submissive 50's housewives? I wasn't familiar with the actual story, now that I read up a bit the fact that the lady is a robot is FAR less concerning.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. C
2. Find a way to stash incriminating stuff, since guns keep falling into our lap like the first stage of a plague, and worse poo poo is bound to follow. Also, figure out a way to get more Resources
3. D - Wouldn't hurt to have a spare
4. H - Shopping!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1C This gun may have been used in crimes, it could be stolen, and it's broken anyway. Ditch it.

3 DGE

4H

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

Crazycryodude posted:

You spend an Aether and feel..nothing. There is no Aether coming off her. The two most likely scenarios are either this is a vanilla human who has been surgically altered to look exactly like Kind and is driving Kind's car. Or this is Kind herself.

Kavak posted:

EDIT: Is there something we can roll to decide if the music is a funny coincidence or not?

I'll do this one for free. Songs like this just sorta of happen to Demons. Something about your supernatural nature just makes reality lean in on the joke a bit. Sometimes glitches make it more overt, like the same song following you around or trying to warn you about something. But this is just "normal" for you.

Also, something I forgot to mention in the last update. Mabin's last name, and Fleur's first and last name, are taken from Louise Erdrich's Tracks. You can find the second chapter of it ("Fleur") easily online as it was a seperate short story for a long time. Reading it wont give you any hints to the game or anything, it's just a good story that I make my Native American Literature students read every year.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

1 C it's hot and busted so~
2 Stashwork and anything else suggested that does not interfere with stashwork. I don't know if we have any personal storage big enough to In My Pocket a safe but sure why not.
3 F / Moroni and anything else suggested that does not interfere yada yada yada.
4 Yes :allears:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

NinjaPete posted:

1. Do you take the snub-nosed revolver?

C Nope, but we’re gonna toss it down a drain.

Who knows what crimes are associated with this gun, we don't want to be caught with it and having to explain all the shootings we didn't commit.

NinjaPete posted:

2. Do you do anything else before bed?

1) Stash the gun we did keep.
2) Digital dead-drop the 'Boys' to make sure they're okay.
Perform general Demon 'wellness and awareness check' - I'm sure there are news sources and 'channels' we 'read' on a regular basis to keep tabs on the world, stay in touch and connected, that sort of thing. Let's check our 'baffles' to make sure the world isn't somehow imploding around us.

NinjaPete posted:

3. How are you prioritizing your goals for the day?

D. Find some Cover, either by buying something of a Demon.
G. Keep in touch with Ruin and Tone.

Moscow Rules; keep to our routine, don't raise suspicions, don't raise the stakes until after the debrief.

H. Yes

I'm sure we're needed for some specific purpose; we're not really going shopping.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
Semi 24 hour notice. Busy weekend but I'll get an update in.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
“Can I get my stuff first?” you ask Ms. Kind, who dramatically rolls her eyes and allows you to do so.

You grab your prep bag, and pry up the section of loose wood flooring you discovered last night, there is a small shoe-box sized cubby underneath, not enough to hold more than a few IDs or trinkets. Or one gun. You take out the pistol and shove it in your jacket. You spend a minute making yourself presentable. You’d already tried to look nice for Fleur, but Mrs. Kind ran in much more affluent circles. Once ready you leave the building and hop in her car. The vehicle is somehow immaculate and cluttered at the same time. Everything has its place, but there are a lot of places. A child’s car seat, various electronics, a absurdly well stocked car emergency kit.

“I’m playing chaperone today.” Mrs. Kind says. “Ruin suggested we be mobile when they are “under the weather”. Since Mabin and Alison are social together it shouldn’t trigger anything.”

“Yeah but we’ve never really hung out.”

“Hence the shopping. I’m treating!”

“Great," then, changing subjects, you ask, "What do you know?”

“Well, I suspect the same as you. Ruin and Tone got your breakdown, which they forwarded to me, they went to investigate and gather some intel, and something nasty came for them. Might have damaged their cover”

“One of them is hurt.”

“It’s Tone,” she says. “I have a girl in his office, he didn’t come in today.”

“He might just be too compromised to go in.”

“Larson is never not at work, him calling in sick would raise more flags than it would keep down. The only way he’s not there is if he literally can’t be.”

“Do you know if they’ve been blown?”

Ms. Kind shakes her head at that. After a few moments of silence she says, “I don’t think they are though. I’m dropping off a few supplies for them, part of our chores, and I don’t think they would need these if their covers were totally gone. I think they are just shaken, maybe flagged, and need some shoring up.”

You drive in silence for a few minutes, as you try to think through your options, you run your face in an uncharacteristic signal of exhaustion, Ms. Kind picks up on it.

“Listen, Ink, I know that you like keep things close to the chest, I get that. All of us have these other lives we must keep separate from each other, but you need to start trusting us a little bit. I don’t know your story before you hooked up with us, though I suspect you’ve been around for a bit. You’ve probably been burned by one of us before so I don’t begrudge you for running off by yourself. But, since we last met you’ve almost gotten yourself tagged, twice, and we’ve lost half our Ring or an indeterminate time. It’s getting colder out there,you can’t do this yourself. The boys are spending the night with their grandparents, hubby’s out of town, and Alison is supposedly at a spa day trip. So, I’m free for whatever you need to do."

After thinking about it, you finally say, “I need a Cover, I need to track down Moroni, and I need to figure out this drat Infrastructure.”

Kind nods. “We’ll talk about Cover in a bit. What do we know about Moroni?

You recite the information you learned last night while researching, “Aldo Moroni is sculptor who specialized in installations.. He does a lot of arts education. He is known for his ceramic and mixed media cityscapes. Right now, he is working out the California Building collective.”

“California Building?”

“Artist loft in Northeast.”

“That’s some free agency territory right?”

“Yeah, but I have no idea which one.”

“Neither do I, they change so fast,” Ms. Kind pulls off of 35W as she asks her next question. “His art tell you anything about why the God Machine wanted him?”

“No. Even looking at his other stuff versus the ones on the river, nothing jumped out.”

“So, you think we should hit him up?”

“At least check him out. The Infrastructure is practically screaming something that translates to his name. It’s too much to totally ignore.”

“We’ll pop by later. But first, Covers. What exactly are we looking for?”

This is a tricky issue. Despite your age you have not divested yourself from being an Angel as much as others, thus your Primum is very low and you cannot readily maintain multiple Covers at once. You may hold Soul Pacts, or even strengthen Mabin, but you cannot be multiple people at once without raising your Primum, which you could do with intense focus and expenditure of resources.

1. What are we looking for? Vote for all that interest you at this time.

A. We need a brand new Cover, we might need to abandon Mabin.
B. We could do with a Facade. A paper thin cover that won’t hold up to scrutiny, but will allow some ease of movement.
C. We might not need a totally realized Cover yet, but we should try to get some Soul Pacts, so if we are burned we can easily take a new life.
D. We don’t need a new cover yet, we need to strengthen Mabin.

" Who are your suppliers?”

“Oh, I..uh..I don’t really have any.”

“Wait, you’ve never bought a Cover?”

“Well, I built Mabin.”

Yourself? You didn’t just get a bunch of Pacts from others?”

“...no?”

“Oh Ink. Maybe you’re not as world weary as I thought. Okay. In today’s political climate, you have a few options. You can do your own Soul Pact, or make a Patchwork, which you are familiar with. Or you can buy Pacts from a few enterprising people. The Home Office is more upfront about selling Pacts than the Capitol. They have a whole Acquisitions department devoted to getting Pacts from Humans, or trading them for intel.”

“What do they charge?”

“An arm and a leg for an arm or a leg,” she laughs at her bad joke. “They are pricey, but they are custom made jobs, or close to. Say you want a good combat model, you can go bone cheap to buy some gangster or pay more for a good ol’ vet or merc. Same with socialite. You wanna be a Viking? I think half the team has papers. There’s also the possibility of using an Independent Dealer. I know a guy, well actually Tone knows him, he’s paranoid, but he has a few patch jobs and even soul pacts. They are cheap, but you’re getting something from River Folk soo....ah, here we are.”

Kind has pulled into a large parking lot. With some surprise you see a strip mall dominating the landscape. Near to you are a Pottery Barn, a Crate & Barrel, and a Williams-Sonoma.

“Wait, we’re actually going shopping?”

“Sort of,” Kind says. She looks pensive as she adjusts her makeup in the mirror. “Listen, Ink. I’ve kept this from a lot of Unchained, including the boys. And I would appreciate it if you kept it on the downlow please. It’ll paint a target on my back and I swear to loving god I cannot deal with baseball season and assassins right now. So, Mum’s the word right?”

“Uh, sure.”

She smiles and opens her door. You follow her, a little haltingly, into the Williams-Sonoma. The place is a high-end kitchen and cooking store, gleaming pots, walls of knives, all sorts of bamboo and slate plates, boards, and utensils that you have to guess at the function of. Kind slips away from you and heads to the checkout line, where she is greeted by a chorus of “Mrs. Baum!” by the girls working there. You wander for a bit, eying the knives, before a service person approaches you and asks if he can help you with anything, you say no and they drift off. A minute later, another service person comes and does a similar song and dance, and they too drift off, at least to the end of the aisle, where they make themselves busy rearranging pepper grinders. When the third person comes to greet you, you’ve figured out the deal. Shabby-looking young person of semi-swarthy hue? Potential shoplifter who will abscond with our precious avocado slicers.

“Hello, are you finding everything alright?” a young girl says to you.

“I’m with Ali, er..Mrs. Baum,” you say pointedly. The girl does not seem able to process this, but you wave to Kind and she waves back, extracting herself from the gaggle of workers and headed towards you. As she approaches, the girl seems rattled.

“Oh, I’m sorry ma’am. I didn’t know..Mrs. Baum I am so sorry if we were bothering your friend. We just had that new loss prevention training you know, and--”

“Becca,” Ms. Kind says. “Kindly shut the gently caress up now.”

The girl stops mid sentence.

“Go, and if I see you talk to my friend again, you’ll be busted down to custodial so fast it’ll make your pretty little head spin.”

“Ye..yes mistress.” she turns and practically flees.

“Do you work here?” you ask Kind.

“When I want to.” she says as she leads you to the staff area, and then through a second door to a small but very stylish office. She gestures for you to sit down as she unlocks a filing cabinet with a key from her purse and starts to rifle through it.

“That’s your cult,” you say. “Like..a real deal cult.”

Kind grins, and continues to go through the files.

It wasn’t too surprising. Many Demons started cults as a way to spread their influence. You have never seen an actual demonic cult, but you have heard stories. Demons pretending to be a prophet for a higher power and performing miracles, demons sharing their true nature with humans and gifting them powers, an entire army worshiping a Demon as the second coming of christ. All sorts of weird stories.

“They don’t seem like the satanic type though,” you say. “What are you telling them? What are they worshipping?”

“Capitalism,” Kind says. “They believe that Alison Baum has fused Eastern inner strength with the Western competitive edge and endless drive to better one’s self. A guru for basic bitches. If they sign on with me, through our collective positive thinking, they will gain power, whatever that is in their heads. I am a guide, nothing more.”

“But..it’s a loving kitchen supply store.”

“Originally I set this up at a Lululemon, but that was just too blatant. The type of people who work here are young, driven, upper-middle class who are under the impression they are just “temporarily embarrassed millionaires”. In their eyes they are made for something much more than working at a loving kitchen supply store. I provide a service for them, nudging them in the right direction, giving them money, power, great hair, bigger tits, a cock that works, whatever they want.”

“What do they give you?”

“Whatever I ask,” Kind holds up two pieces of paper. They look like some sort of tax form, but unlike any you have ever seen. “These are two minor pacts for two of my employees. One is an affair he had with his best friend’s sister in Barcelona, and the other is three summers as a counselor for Language Camp. These’ll fit Ruin and Tone right?”

2. What do you think of this cult business? Answer as many as you want.
E This is utterly evil.
F It seems cruel, we don’t want to deal with anything like this.
G There seems to be benefits here. And, the cultists seem..happy?
H. It is highly effective, at least in getting Pacts and servants.
I. Welp, new goal.

“Anyway,” Kind says tucking the Pacts into her purse. “We still need to help you. Now, I have some things here, even a few Soul Pacts. But, if you want to be something other than waifish girls with low self-esteem and daddy issues, I think we’ll need to look elsewhere.”

3. Where are we Pact Hunting?
J. Let’s see what Ms. Kind has to offer. She has some WASPy Pacts.
K. We can try the Home Office, they will be more expensive, but we have a lot of options to choose from.
L. Let’s check out this demon that Ruin knows. He has some low-life “eclectic” options.
M. You know, we should just work on making our own in our Neighborhood.
N Something else.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Failed to Discover any weird things about Moroni’s art, switched it to a Dramatic Failure for a beat.

This was a bit of a weird update to write, just because we are basically shopping but we don' know what for yet. Also, I was doing coaching and chaperoning for a good chunk of the weekend and I am distracted. So this might be more choppy and full of spelling errors than I like. So I apologize for that.

Character Sheet

World Map

Dice Rolls

Conspiracy/Plot Board

NinjaPete fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 5, 2018

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. CD
2. HI
3. J

We need to start building up our own reserve in case things go FUBAR.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1. CD
2. HI
3. J

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
2. I i've always wanted to start a cult... so i did!
3. M go with what you know

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

D
I
M

I don't really feel like getting rid of Mabin yet. On top of just being an interesting character, it's pragmatic to keep her because she's already pretty solid, has decades and decades left in her, and the activist/YouTube journalist lifestyle means we can get away with wandering around and doing demon poo poo way more freely than someone who has to hold down a full time job or whatever. So let's just shore her up, no reason to throw away a good thing.

Cults are cool and good, plus we can obviously put our own spin on the idea and not be too exploitative. More friends and resources are always better.

As for who to get bits of cover from, I think we should keep on how we've been. Buying from a dealer is a lot easier and probably more professional, yeah, but 1) that's expensive 2) there's not always gonna be a dealer around so we should keep our own skills sharp and 3) if our dealer ever gets caught they could rat us out. Or even if we just end up pissing off the faction we buy from later, they could burn us. Not worth the risks imo, and Pacting for bits of cover around Mabin's neighborhood will make sure she's properly flavored for her exact life in a way that a professionally produced cover might not bee.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 5, 2018

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Was that intentional or a happy accident?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

MinutePirateBug posted:

Was that intentional or a happy accident?

I will admit that I was originally gonna vote DIK until I typed it out and realized lol

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

BD
GH
M

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1. CD
2. G
3. M

We started getting worried about Pacts because we thought our ring was maybe about to fall apart. If that's not as much of an issue, the need for a new cover isn't as pressing. I'm rather attached to Mabin anyway. Also, I'm not sure I want anything to do with a Cult. Also also, how the hell do we get better at researching?

E: What kind of prices are we talking about from these other sellers, anyway? Favors? Money?

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 5, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Low life is fun life.
Create a 1UP.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 5, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

BCD
GHI
M

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

1. BC. Our ring may be compromised and securing some escape route may be wise.
2. H. Actually this seems less unscrupulous than Pacting some desperate people.
3. LN. We are not used to WASP covers. Besides, buying from Kind is a bad idea - if she goes down, both her friends and her entire cult goes under scrutiny. We shouldn't hold all our eggs in the same basket.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1.BCD Something we can burn besides Mabin to deal with the Infrastructure would be good, but we can't leave our rear end totally open
2.FH We wouldn't want our own Hell to be shaped like this- probably.
3.JM We need something that melds with Mabin's life experiences.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Dr Subterfuge posted:

1. CD
2. G
3. M

Also also, how the hell do we get better at researching?

E: What kind of prices are we talking about from these other sellers, anyway? Favors? Money?

We get better at researching one of three ways.
1) we spend Xp to get better at it. In this case Ink gets better at researching.
2) We find a mortal who is good at researching and buy that skill from them, or buy such a Pact from a demon. We gain XP that can only be used on Cover. This doesn't grant us dots in Researching, but it helps with.....
3) Legend! Mabin is semi-college educated and smart in general, she should be able to do some researching. We can basically use that general assumption about her to temporarily trick reality into making the assumption a fact. We need to spend Aether and it's only temporary though.

As for prices, favors, intel, Aether, that type of thing. It also costs willpower points to bind a Pact to us in this manner.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1 DB Mabin is fine. I think it's easier to make Mabin seem like a normal somewhat shifty character than it is to establish a brand new persona. Mabin also has a lot more flexibility with her time, so we're able to spend just a few hours a day keeping the cover from deteriorating. Kind has to be home with her children every day, and Tone's cover suffers damage if he misses work. gently caress that noise.

If we had enough Primium to maintain 2 covers it might be different, but it building a new cover means abandoning Mabin than it's not worth it. A Facade is probably worthwhile though.

2. GH Humans crave belonging to something bigger than themselves, and community bonds have never been weaker. This cult gives the humans things they value for relatively little cost vs. getting the same things through conventional means. Cults can be real harmful, but this one seems to be a non-violent, non-sexual cult that is no more exploitative than capitalism itself.

I wouldn't be opposed if we decided to do something similar to help out Mabin's people (and ourself). Building up the community, giving the youth an outlet, help them stay in school and build up non-criminal opportunities, etc. I'm not voting I simply because OOC it could get cringy as hell.

3. J For a Facade a WASPy waif with daddy issues is fine. Having the Facade able to wear the same size clothes as Mabin could be useful in an emergency. And being able to turn into a nice blond republican dream girl could be real handy for dealing with mortal authorities in an emergency. "Please help me officer, I think that man is following me, I'm so scared."

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

NinjaPete posted:

1. What are we looking for? Vote for all that interest you at this time.

C. We might not need a totally realized Cover yet, but we should try to get some Soul Pacts, so if we are burned we can easily take a new life.

Let's be ready if this 'bridge-gate' thing goes south.

NinjaPete posted:

2. What do you think of this cult business? Answer as many as you want.

G There seems to be benefits here. And, the cultists seem..happy?

Its got potential, if we need to go this route maybe we can pull the 'Mystic Indian' routine like Grandma.

NinjaPete posted:

3. Where are we Pact Hunting?

J. Let’s see what Ms. Kind has to offer. She has some WASPy Pacts.

We're already here, let's take a look at what Kind has before moving on.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

DIM

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
1d2gh3j and also you're a great writer!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. D - Initially, I thought we should be working on a backup, but, right now shoring up Mabin seems like a better priority.
2. G
3. J - May as well see what she's got since we're right here.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DIM

I love that Kind's cult is Martha Stewart filtered through Hell.

Discord users, feel free to request a Minnesota: The Demoning role over there for update notifications!

edit: Fixed the state, i r geography gud. Thanks dbmtm

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 6, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

DGM

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
“I think when it comes to another Cover or some greater Pacts, I’ll deal with Mabin’s circle.”

“making GBS threads where you eat is dangerous,” Kind remarks.

“A little. But your cult here actually has given me some ideas. Besides, it’s easier to patch Mabin with something she knows. Still..” you pause. “I’m running into issues with researching. I can do legwork fine, but I need help delving into obscura.”

Kind flips through her files, humming to herself. Finally she lays four forms (which you have decided to call W-666s) in front of you. “These might work. If you want to pass, pass. Otherwise we can draw up a Bill of Sale before we leave.”

1. Which Pacts should we take? Descriptions and prices are below. In addition to listened prices Ms. Kind’s price is “A favor that is not to be refused.” Vote for as many as you want, but we’ll take the one with the most votes.
A. This one specifies a relationship with Chase Hanson. Chase is a trust fund kid currently pissing away his allowance running an occult bookstore in St. Paul. He is a smart buy, but a creeper. He’ll have an infatuation with whoever holds the Pact. In Exchange, the Mortal who entered into this Pact will gain money. (This will cost 2 Willpower points and give you one Cover Experience in the form of creeper Mcgee)
B. This Pact gifts the holder enrollment as a Sociology major at UMN. Looking about 2 and a half years into your four year degree. This would require you to attend classes. But it would give you access to UMN resources and professors. (This costs 3 Willpower and would give you 2 cover Experience, and the added responsibility of being a non traditional college student).
C. This pact is a bit different. Tara Andreason has sold herself for intelligence and the skill to be top of her class. This is not a Soul Pact but rather Tara would be a cultist for you. You can pitch her any story you’d like, but Tara is aware that she has given herself for a year of service in exchange for a year of academic excellence. (2 Willpower. You gain Tara, a Type A law student as a cult member for a year.)
D. A more simple one. A mortal wished to quit her job at the Minneapolis Central library in exchange for not working again. A pretty cheap Pact, but requires you to have a part time job. And based on the terms of the Pact, your supervisor would be a dick. (1 point of Willpower for 1 cover experience and a job).
E. Let’s pass on all of these. We can do our own in a few days.

After saying her goodbyes Ms. Kind drive you to St. Paul. You both grab something to eat and then struggle to find parking downtown. After some near-fender benders and a litany of curses provided by Kind, you find a spot and park the suburban as you both duck into an alley. Ms. Kind walks up to a decorative tiling on the side of a building seemingly at random, and pushes it in, then twists the whole tile. She takes off the tile, revealing a small cubby hole. She takes out a piece of paper and replaces it with the two W-666s.

“I figure their crashed somewhere close to here,” she says as she looks at the paper. “There’s no signal I was told about to alert them these drop was used. So, they can either see us now, or they’re close enough to check it regularly.”

“Or they have a camera somewhere,” you say, looking around.”

“Possibly. Tone it properly paranoid though, he might not trust video,” she hold up the paper. “Say’s Game night it on. They must not be too dinged up. You need to leave them any message?”

2. Is there anything we need to let them know about before we see them tonight?

Kind replaces the tile and you hit the road again.

Feb. 9th 2:37 pm.

The California Building’s six stories and brutal concrete facade look out of place in the relatively residential area. The building is actually two structures joined together. The larger building is all studio and gallery space, while the smaller building acts as studio, administrative offices, and the occasional doomed restaurant.
You look around the street, making sure you aren’t being observed. And side from a troubling billboard propped up next to the building you don’t see anything weird.

Yet, as you look at the larger of the two buildings, it changes. The six stories seem a lot less intrusive as they once were. The rows of windows blend in with the flat grey concrete. Looking at the building you find yourself bored, and wanting to do something - anything - else. You feel a small shock of realization as the building reveals itself.

“Concealment,” Ms. Kind says in the driver’s seat next to you. “The whole building is hiding something. Can you please open the glove compartment?”

You are still looking at the building as your hands nervelessly fumble open the glove box and it flops open. Inside are a registration form, a travel pack of tissues, and two semi-automatic handguns.

“You keep these in the car?”

“In the car, in the house, in my purse if I have a big enough one to match my outfit.”

“How..how do your kids not find them?”

“They are told they may not open the glove box, only Mommy can.”

“And they listen?”

“I am very persuasive,” She checks the two guns, cocking them in a way that you think it mostly for show. “Okay, Moroni is in there. He might be the key to this whole thing. What is the plan?”

3. What is the plan? Vote for what you want.
F. ...Maybe I should just take the bus back home. We can’t do anything.
G. Let’s just do some investigation today, check out the neighborhood, maybe look at the building itself. Do not go in, do not engage.
H. Let’s sneak in. We’re both stealthy, as long as we don’t trigger anything we’ll be okay.
I. We need a Cover story, but we should just walk in and talk to Moroni. Maybe Alison is a patron of the arts?
J. Kick down the door and “extract” Moroni. We’ll ask questions later
K. Something else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pacts were close. We just want to build up Mabin, and the source of the Pacts were pretty split. Getting ones from Mabin’s area was the winner, but it was close enough that I figured I’d toss in some cheaper and simple ones from Mr. Kind. And since cults...intrigue us, I threw that in as well.

On thing to consider with Question 3, Ms. Kind is pretty set on going in there, you can try to talk her out of it, but it’ll be a contested roll.

Character Sheet

World Map

Dice Rolls

Conspiracy/Plot Board

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. C
2. "Stay safe Kind"
3. G

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wait a minute, those forms are marked State of California, are they valid in Minnesota? :crossarms:

3.I

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1 B Part time college student will make us seem a little more legit to certain kinds of people. And potentially make contacts that will help shore up Mabin's cover for decades to come. Plus if we do decide we need a new cover or something, it's an environment full of people under pressure constantly making poor decisions.

2 No.

3 I Not really sure here, if someone comes up with a better option I'll change my vote later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1 B does sound like it has the most long-term utility. Not sure that we couldn't pull a Pact like this off on our own, though. Hopefully Kind is nice with her favors.
But we'd have to pay. Sooo E
2 saying "hi" to Maroni
3 I We could use Authorized to be an artist who works there?

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 7, 2018