Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

authors of pain pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

They just posted an open challenge on Twitter for the titles.

Rumor is it's going to be 2 singles guys teaming up and not a tag team.

tbh that'd be an appropriate way to wrap The Bar's story up. Defeated by two guys just coming together, the same way they started out. Also be a good way to get two guys on the card, since there's still plenty of guys without a spot.

I just kinda want them to do Cesaro vs. Sheamus and bring that whole story full circle too before Sheamus really can't go anymore.

AoP or Sanity would also be great.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It’ll end up being.....*checks list of old tag teams because NOSTALGIA.TXT*.....Demolition?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonz posted:

It’ll end up being.....*checks list of old tag teams because NOSTALGIA.TXT*.....Demolition?

DEAR GOD NO :gonk:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Rarity beat me to it but gently caress it

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

boar guy posted:

i dunno, the uso's are cutting a lot of good promos lately

The Usos are fantastic but suffer from Smackdown having undercut all of its teams who aren't The New Day, whom the Usos have already wrestled a billion times in the last twelve months, and the Bludgeon Brothers, who are barely a thing. It's the same problem New Day had back before the split: No matter how great your act is, if you don't have anything to do it's gonna get tired. You could have done good feuds with Benjamin/Gable, Rusev Day and Breezango, but they've all been made into non-things.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VJeff posted:

tbh that'd be an appropriate way to wrap The Bar's story up. Defeated by two guys just coming together, the same way they started out. Also be a good way to get two guys on the card, since there's still plenty of guys without a spot.

I just kinda want them to do Cesaro vs. Sheamus and bring that whole story full circle too before Sheamus really can't go anymore.

AoP or Sanity would also be great.
I'm going to guess Bray teams up with Matt after their battle at the compound

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The battle at the hardy compound is only gonna be good if they let matt write all of it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh my, that'd be brilliant.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

achillesforever6 posted:

They'll have the compound match early at Mania, and stumble out together looking hosed up and answer the open challenge.

And then they kiss.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That match is supposed to be on Raw before WM sometime.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Usos deserve a mania match though they've been so good, and I know smackdown sucks but they put on good matches with the new day so just do that so we can have one fun match on this poo poo card

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Then the match should end with them punching each other on the back of a truck that drives off into the sunset, and then they reappear at mania driving said truck.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Matt chucks Bray into the Lake of Reincarnation and he reemerges as Husky Harris.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
bray wyatt loses and then just goes away forever because he's a terrible wrestler and human being, get it done Matthew

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

It should be a network exclusive.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Abroham Lincoln posted:

They'll have the compound match early at Mania, and stumble out together looking hosed up and answer the open challenge.

And then they kiss.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

You mean The Ultimate Deletion or the bar's open challenge?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

100% assuming this and they just stand in the ring cackling wildly until someone drags them out of there.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

And then they kiss.

Wrestlemania Live Sex Spectacular. Like nothing you've ever seen before.Their drawers will be on the floor. You don't wanna hear them begging for more. :gonk:

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 6, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

You mean The Ultimate Deletion or the bar's open challenge?

The Ultimate Deletion match is (probably) going to be before WM.

The Bar's challenge is specifically for WM. It's a one off, not an ongoing thing.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I guess it makes sense that the Ultimate Deletion wouldn't be at Mania. I feel like it's tough to justify a 30 minute segment on the jumbotron at the biggest live event of the year

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

I guess it makes sense that the Ultimate Deletion wouldn't be at Mania. I feel like it's tough to justify a 30 minute segment on the jumbotron at the biggest live event of the year

Yeah it already kind of blows live, at Wrestlemania half the crowd won't even be able to see it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

at Wrestlemania half the crowd won't even be able to see it.

so it's like a live match then

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Im getting pretty hype for the WM ramp.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rare Magic card l00k posted:

basically nash is the guy who if you're his friend he's the best friend ever

I'll forever love Nash just for his part in John Wick. Smartest man in that film :allears:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Professor Funk posted:

Being on RAW is also better since they're more likely to go balls-to-the-wall weird with it. Being on WrestleMania would guarantee the maximum amount of meddling from on high, where the goal is to be as "mainstream" as possible, creating spectacle and momentsTM that have little relation to the week-to-week programming.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I wrote a big thing about the history of Roman Reigns at WrestleMania and I hope somebody out there enjoys it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wasn't the WM30 ramp pretty reasonable?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

Roman Reigns at WrestleMania

Gavok posted:

I hope somebody out there enjoys it.

Well it would make a nice change! :haw:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

At this rate they’ll need 70s-esque bullpen carts or those mini-ring carts from wrestlemania 6 to carry wrestlers to the ring

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

At this rate they’ll need 70s-esque bullpen carts or those mini-ring carts from wrestlemania 6 to carry wrestlers to the ring

behold, leaked footage of the new wrestlemania ramp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08lWlzqV8NY

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Read it and it was a very good and concise refresher on just why we are where we are with Roman. Thank you Gavok :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In all seriousness, this was a good article and it reminded me of stuff I had completely forgotten, like the fact Sheamus of all people beat Roman for the title at one point :psyduck:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This was good :)

IMO 2014 Rumble was their best shot at getting Roman truly over and him never being booed again between then and now but they had just brought back Batista ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

In all seriousness, this was a good article and it reminded me of stuff I had completely forgotten, like the fact Sheamus of all people beat Roman for the title at one point :psyduck:

That ruled because that night people were like “hell yeah gently caress Roman” then the very next day everybody realized “oh, right, it’s Sheamus”

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Thanks, goonbros.

Jerusalem posted:

Well it would make a nice change! :haw:

The answer's been in front of them all this time. Just bring back Roman's skull mask.

And maybe give Brock a Giant Gonzalez bodysuit so people boo him. I may be off-base on this one.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

More like:

https://imgur.com/gallery/etLh4

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Abroham Lincoln posted:

quote:

NOTE: This ride was in utah, some mountain in wherever i was just visting :P ALSO sorry for the gay voices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gavok posted:

The answer's been in front of them all this time. Just bring back Roman's skull mask.

Rename him Immortan Reigns, he comes out riding atop a V-8 demolition derby car while someone plays a flame spewing guitar during his entrance.

• Locked thread