Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It will be fixed in 3 months or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

6 months, after the implement opt-in clan chat.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
This is an actual question: is PC in game text chat highly desirable?

I'm trying to imagine an instance of where that'd be helpful on the PS4. And I'm coming up empty handed besides "I could yell at random people in the Tower."

Is this more of a long cultural need for it? Versus actual utility? Wouldn't PC people have even more external options to talk to clan mates or connect with potential LFGers?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Not having clan chat in the game from launch (and I guess until May or whatever lol) is really really dumb. They already put a chat box in the game it just does nothing other than whispers and opt-in fireteam chat. I don't think anybody wanted tower chat and I have nfi why bungie prioritised that.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Oh okay, so like clan chat, so you can mass ping your friends. Not like a public chat function. Got it.

I was sort of imagining text chat mid crucru or random Tower people yelling at you.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Insane Totoro posted:

This is an actual question: is PC in game text chat highly desirable?

I'm trying to imagine an instance of where that'd be helpful on the PS4. And I'm coming up empty handed besides "I could yell at random people in the Tower."

Is this more of a long cultural need for it? Versus actual utility? Wouldn't PC people have even more external options to talk to clan mates or connect with potential LFGers?

the way of finding other LFGers for raids on PC is pretty bad and isn't really conducive to doing so quickly

you need to jump through a bunch of hoops on the bungie fireteam site, or be paying close attention to whatever discord you're hanging on

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Insane Totoro posted:

Oh okay, so like clan chat, so you can mass ping your friends. Not like a public chat function. Got it.

I was sort of imagining text chat mid crucru or random Tower people yelling at you.

Yeah its like instead of just asking in an in-game clan chat if anybody wants to run a nightfall or whatever and inviting people through that you open up discord, ask in a bunch of channels or wait until someone else asks, add each other to your friends list through the battle.net launcher, go back to the game and then the invites go out.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Moola posted:

give me my luck back you piece of poo poo

it is delicious but fine here take it and then some

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's literally an issue with milestones giving the same exotic over and over again FYi

Bungie patented RNG, again working as intended.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I know consoleros grew up shouting obscenities at each other in CoD etc., so I guess that's why they're ridiculously afraid of the racism and yelling at random people in the Tower or whatever, but this is really not hard:

Public (text) chat lets you ask for or offer help in zones eg. with public events or with quests/patrols/whatever if a player is new, and you get to form groups for content without the help of matchmaking and more importantly: without having to use third party resources the other players may or may not be using.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's literally an issue with milestones giving the same exotic over and over again FYi

Source? Also :laffo:

orcane fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 6, 2018

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Destiny 2 is hitler.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
This game needs mmo style global channels and its insane it doesn't have that already

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Moola posted:

This game needs mmo style global channels and its insane it doesn't have that already

What part does it remind you of an MMO other than Weekly Lockouts, insane grind, poo poo drop rates and a completely unbereable pubbie community?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Warframe has clan chat and also has alliances, where you can have multiple clans together in one big channel. Imagine if Destiny 2 had launched with both of those features, and all of the goon clans could've joined an alliance to put parties together instead of being in sixteen discords.

Global channels are the worst, though. Zone chat would be nice to tell people how heroics work, but giant channels inevitably end up dumpster fires.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Elysiume posted:

Warframe has clan chat and also has alliances, where you can have multiple clans together in one big channel. Imagine if Destiny 2 had launched with both of those features, and all of the goon clans could've joined an alliance to put parties together instead of being in sixteen discords.

That’s the facts right there. One of their many and biggest gently caress ups they made was the communication framework they didn’t put in.

poo poo is dead—just bring on D3 already.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Isn't Warframe's text chat literally IRC?

Destiny 3: Lootboxes, random gun perks, AND 6 months until we patch in opt-in public tower text chat

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That’s the facts right there. One of their many and biggest gently caress ups they made was the communication framework they didn’t put in.

poo poo is dead—just bring on D3 already.

Destiny 3 will just be one big lootbox you have to pay for to play. Twenty dollars and this time you got a raid, a strike and a level four hunter! Hooray!

I would, actually, just play a destiny mobile game instead.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Okay good it wasn't just me

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Destiny 3 will just be one big lootbox you have to pay for to play. Twenty dollars and this time you got a raid, a strike and a level four hunter! Hooray!

I would, actually, just play a destiny mobile game instead.

In D3, all missions will require specific tokens that you can only acquire from lootboxes. The first several story missions and a couple of adventures will be common enough that most players will get them in the game's initial wave of free currency and lootboxes, but there'll be a couple of mainline story missions at the midpoint and endgame that are rare enough that you'll have to spend on average at least $500 to acquire them.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

QuantaStarFire posted:

In D3, all missions will require specific tokens that you can only acquire from lootboxes. The first several story missions and a couple of adventures will be common enough that most players will get them in the game's initial wave of free currency and lootboxes, but there'll be a couple of mainline story missions at the midpoint and endgame that are rare enough that you'll have to spend on average at least $500 to acquire them.

Don't give Bungie ideas you satan!!!!! :ramsay:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol @ no radar

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

orcane posted:

I know consoleros grew up shouting obscenities at each other in CoD etc., so I guess that's why they're ridiculously afraid of the racism and yelling at random people in the Tower or whatever, but this is really not hard:

Public (text) chat lets you ask for or offer help in zones eg. with public events or with quests/patrols/whatever if a player is new, and you get to form groups for content without the help of matchmaking and more importantly: without having to use third party resources the other players may or may not be using.

ubisoft: if people say bad word they will be banned. there will even be a global announcement for all players that someone was banned for saying bad word

bungie: idk guys what if they say bad word

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Just hide it all unless you click through 800 boxes to be really really really sure you're okay with someone maybe saying poop or rear end...... or worse!!!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Minrad posted:

ubisoft: if people say bad word they will be banned. there will even be a global announcement for all players that someone was banned for saying bad word

bungie: idk guys what if they say bad word

Bungie "oh God what if we ban A Buff Gay Dude, do we have to announce it?"

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If a tree falls in a forest, etc

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
haha I thought the iron banner 'season reward' would be something cool

of course its an emblem and some shaders

gently caress me

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I played like 5 rounds of Iron Banner to finish my Titan armor and scored a MWK Anvil. I was so ready to grind that out and the game just went “Hey we respect that you’re trying, but go play something else.”

Anyway I like it Much More than Origin Story, so yeah it’s a good fun.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Bust Rodd posted:

I was so ready to grind that out and the game just went “Hey we respect that you’re trying, but go play something else.”

Rotfl, what?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I just found out you can right click an engram and it will tell you what possible items are inside

if you wait a few minutes it will refresh and you can get a chance to roll on different items

except this doesnt work because I rolled my 6th DARCI despite it not being on the list

this game owns

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Moola posted:

I just found out you can right click an engram and it will tell you what possible items are inside

if you wait a few minutes it will refresh and you can get a chance to roll on different items

except this doesnt work because I rolled my 6th DARCI despite it not being on the list

this game owns

it’s only showing you a sample of what you can possibly get. engram contents are actually determined on pickup, not on decryption.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Legs Benedict posted:

it’s only showing you a sample of what you can possibly get. engram contents are actually determined on pickup, not on decryption.

gently caress this poo poo

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Also I think the preview actually isn't the same as the actual loot pool lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah that's just Bungie being really bad with interface stuff for the 69millionth time

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bust Rodd posted:

I played like 5 rounds of Iron Banner to finish my Titan armor and scored a MWK Anvil. I was so ready to grind that out and the game just went “Hey we respect that you’re trying, but go play something else.”

Anyway I like it Much More than Origin Story, so yeah it’s a good fun.

Your word choice reveals a lot here!

"Hey we respect you're trying, but go play something else."

vs.

"Oh hey I got the thing that I set out to do in the first place"

Insane Totoro posted:

Also I think the preview actually isn't the same as the actual loot pool lol

Yes, it's only a fraction of the total loot pool.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Moola posted:

this game owns

If it makes you feel any better I keep coming back to this thread because there's a chance I'll see some new reaction from you about Destiny Bullshit like you had in the Age of Sigmar thread when that first released

Bright Engrams are the new pointy aelf helmets

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
funny you should mention slgmar because im playing vermintide 2 now

a much better game than destiny 2

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Waffle House posted:

Yes, it's only a fraction of the total loot pool.

Actually I think in some early cases it was an inflated preview, meaning some of the options would never drop.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Moola posted:

funny you should mention slgmar because im playing vermintide 2 now

a much better game than destiny 2

How's the narrative-forging?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

mp5 posted:

getting really tired of the aelf calling everyone mayflies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

mp5 posted:

sir this is 2018 not 2016 ;)

• Locked thread