Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Guillermus posted:

This happened to me many times when buying game bundles on PC. Also, years ago, I almost purchased the same game for my 360 twice, in the same week and in the same store.
I think I got Kiwami when it released last year. I thought I had passed on it at the time, because I already had Zero, and even now have only really had a chance to play a couple of hours of it so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
So, I have the disk copy of bloodborne, but if I download the digital version my saves should still be there as they are both the same game as opposed to the GOTY or complete edition which the saves might be separate? Though I probably just start a new game again, as I don't like picking up games where I left off if its been a bit since I played.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Shnag posted:

So, I have the disk copy of bloodborne, but if I download the digital version my saves should still be there as they are both the same game as opposed to the GOTY or complete edition which the saves might be separate? Though I probably just start a new game again, as I don't like picking up games where I left off if its been a bit since I played.

Yes this should be fine.

Also am I wrong or is the "Complete Edition" uniquely a European territory SKU?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

univbee posted:

Yes this should be fine.

Also am I wrong or is the "Complete Edition" uniquely a European territory SKU?

NA definitely doesn't have it on disc

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Backtracking a couple months of PS+ games here - but I just played Batman episode 1 and appear to be in a dead end after the credits have rolled. I scrolled through the list of my "choices" and now see a list of them all stacked up, but no buttons seem to do anything. The music keeps playing so I don't think it has crashed per se. Am I supposed to just quit the app or is this actually a problem that will affect my progress into the 2nd episode?

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Apologies if this is the wrong thread - can someone recommend a decent but inexpensive headset for a PS4?

TIA

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

pr0k posted:

Apologies if this is the wrong thread - can someone recommend a decent but inexpensive headset for a PS4?

TIA

Define "inexpensive". Also, do you want wireless? If so, I think the Sony Gold headsets are likely your best bet, but if you're willing to go wired (to your controller) there are a lot of other options people could suggest.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

pr0k posted:

TIA

Turtle Beach P50 is great, I got it for about €40 and it's served me very well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For wired I've used a HyperX Cloud for a couple years and it's worked out pretty great.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I know the store's not done updating but I see a Square Enix sale in the store with nothing listed, is this a sale from last week that's being taken down or a new sale for this week that's being put up?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Minidust posted:

Backtracking a couple months of PS+ games here - but I just played Batman episode 1 and appear to be in a dead end after the credits have rolled. I scrolled through the list of my "choices" and now see a list of them all stacked up, but no buttons seem to do anything. The music keeps playing so I don't think it has crashed per se. Am I supposed to just quit the app or is this actually a problem that will affect my progress into the 2nd episode?

That happened to me in the same spot. All the episodes after that went back to the menu. Closing the app and reopening didn’t cause any issues.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Auxiliary Treats posted:

That happened to me in the same spot. All the episodes after that went back to the menu. Closing the app and reopening didn’t cause any issues.
Yeah I force quit since the game clearly wasn't letting me do anything else after waiting for a while. Local save data seems fine as my Codex entries are up to date, including new story developments since the last time I had access to the Batcave in-game. Not sure if there's any weirdness on the Telltale server's end though... when I check "Your choices" from the main menu I just get the background animation on loop, with nothing else loading and no way back to the main menu. I started Episode 2 and the opening recap seems to reflect the choice I made at the end of e1... not sure if that's an indication that previous choices have been properly recognized, or if there's just a default recap that happens to match what I did in that instance.

Is Harvey gonna remember that? :ohdear:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

melodicwaffle posted:

I know the store's not done updating but I see a Square Enix sale in the store with nothing listed, is this a sale from last week that's being taken down or a new sale for this week that's being put up?

Must be a new sale if you're in the US, last week was a Critic's Choice sale

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I see a Call of Duty sale but I also see Squeenix games on sale under All Deals so we must still be in the no man's land before the store finishes updating

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PS+ games are up as well. The Hunt is on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna get hammered and playing mighty number 9 this weekend

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm gonna get hammered and playing mighty number 9 this weekend

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Does Bloodborne somehow run/stutter worse on a PS4 Pro or has it always been this bad? I don't remember it bothering me so much.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Can someone give a real quick, basic explanation of how the BB multiplayer works for dumb babies like me who never played souls games?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

enojy posted:

Does Bloodborne somehow run/stutter worse on a PS4 Pro or has it always been this bad? I don't remember it bothering me so much.

Do you have boost mode enabled in your system properties?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

univbee posted:

Do you have boost mode enabled in your system properties?

Yup -- is that what's making it worse by chance? I'll try turning it off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bloodborne runs at a highly cinematic 23.96 FPS...makes every move feel awesome

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In Training posted:

Bloodborne runs at a highly cinematic 23.96 FPS...makes every move feel awesome

:eng101: 23.976 is the true drop frame rate (a video editing term, the 23.976 is a locked framerate)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apologies

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Reminder: this is the last day for the "spend $100, get $15 back promotion"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

enojy posted:

Boost Mode improves the overall frame rate of BB but it’s uncapped, meaning it arguably looks even more stuttery when you transition from moments of low to high load.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fix posted:

Can someone give a real quick, basic explanation of how the BB multiplayer works for dumb babies like me who never played souls games?

You get an item early on called the Beckoning Bell. Using it costs one point of Insight, a stat you gain in various ways (entering a boss arena, killing a boss, using certain items, etc.). This will (hopefully) summon another player into your game (who has used the Small Resonant Bell item) to help you. They'll disappear if you're killed, they're killed or if you beat a boss. However, using the Beckoning Bell opens you up to being invaded by a player who has used the Sinister Resonant Bell item. BUT, if you kill the Chime Maiden enemy who appears when you use the Beckoning Bell that will stop invasions while still allowing you to summon players

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The Royal Edition upgrade is only $15, not 20. Suck it, haters.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You get an item early on called the Beckoning Bell. Using it costs one point of Insight, a stat you gain in various ways (entering a boss arena, killing a boss, using certain items, etc.). This will (hopefully) summon another player into your game (who has used the Small Resonant Bell item) to help you. They'll disappear if you're killed, they're killed or if you beat a boss. However, using the Beckoning Bell opens you up to being invaded by a player who has used the Sinister Resonant Bell item. BUT, if you kill the Chime Maiden enemy who appears when you use the Beckoning Bell that will stop invasions while still allowing you to summon players

To add to this, random meet ups are fairly rare (probably less so this month) but you can set a password in the game options to match with a friend for jolly cooperation. You can also still get invaded by randos like this, which is fun.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

elf help book posted:

In Canada it's $20, RIP

Actually still better since I was expecting it to be $20US/$27CAD or some such.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

elf help book posted:

Still needs to have more than three hours of new content to be worth buying full price (I don't know that it does, but 'we added a small new dungeon and some random tweaks' doesn't inspire conference).

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

irlZaphod posted:

I bought Bloodborne months ago and haven't played it yet, I think it's probably still in shrinkwrap.

Me too. I bought it a few months ago, but I've just been messing around with MGSV and Overwatch, haven't gotteb around to Bloodborne yet.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

How's Bombing Busters? PS4 doesn't have a proper Bomberman game, I'm willing to settle for a clone if it's well made.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Wolfsheim posted:

Still needs to have more than three hours of new content to be worth buying full price (I don't know that it does, but 'we added a small new dungeon and some random tweaks' doesn't inspire conference).

You can fight Omega and he looks like a long fight. I think there's some more bosses too but it's hard to tell what's just part of the patch and what's RE Upgrade.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Got a problem with purchasing through the store site and adding funds.

I added some money to my account via a debit card (for PSPlus). That went fine and well, and through my PS4 I was able to add funds again to fill out a purchase amount for a game. However if I try to add an amount through the site again it tells me my card info is wrong (it isn't) and if I try to purchase something through the store via website, it tells me there's an error when I try to confirm purchase. I've tried deleting and adding the card a couple times, signing in and out, etc. Any ideas?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Kingtheninja posted:

Got a problem with purchasing through the store site and adding funds.

I added some money to my account via a debit card (for PSPlus). That went fine and well, and through my PS4 I was able to add funds again to fill out a purchase amount for a game. However if I try to add an amount through the site again it tells me my card info is wrong (it isn't) and if I try to purchase something through the store via website, it tells me there's an error when I try to confirm purchase. I've tried deleting and adding the card a couple times, signing in and out, etc. Any ideas?

PSN working as intended.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sarchasm posted:

How's Bombing Busters? PS4 doesn't have a proper Bomberman game, I'm willing to settle for a clone if it's well made.

It’s free right now with ps+ so download it and find out.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s free right now with ps+ so download it and find out.

That's why I'm asking. I won't have any time for the next few days, I was wondering if someone else had already tried it out.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Someone talk me into or out of buying the new DJMax game. tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I didn’t realize it was $50 :( I’m sure it’s worth it but $20 or so would’ve been a way better price to see if I like it or not