Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nine-gear crow posted:

Also Darhk's stupidass Andy Warhol wig is fantastic :allears:

For no reason I take that as shout out to The Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This show is ludicrously stupid and wonderful for it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

It would have been a shout out if no one recognized him.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wally is fantastic finally. Show owns.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I loved how supportive Sara was with Wally.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Zebulon posted:

Why do I get the feeling that Ava is Sara's daughter or something based on the abrupt secret that Sara apparently isn't allowed to know.

They already slept together, the CW would never let that fly.

I'm guessing Ava is actually a robot or something.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bbf2 posted:

They already slept together, the CW would never let that fly.

I'm guessing Ava is actually a robot or something.

And why would that be a deep dark secret that Sara can never be allowed to learn? She'd totally bang a robot.

Maybe it's just Rip being a dick again?

Maxwell Lord posted:

I loved how supportive Sara was with Wally.

That was incredibly refreshing. On any other show, Wally chiming in with a dumbfuck "Hey I can help with meditation!" would be waved off with something like "You don't know how our team works yet, slow down, Hoss." Whereas Sara's just like, gently caress it go for it. And then he pulled out the win at the end of the day to cap it all off.

Legends has done better by Wally in two episodes than Flash did in two seasons, and I love it. Him accidentally burning Amaya right to her face was fantastic.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

She will turn out to be a time aberration and stopping Mollusk :v: will delete her somehow.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
*Edit* ^^^drat you, get out of my head!

My guess is that Ava is a time anomaly that rip caused because he needed someone to help him defeat Molluk, and when Molluk is gone Sara will have to "correct" Ava by erasing her.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:clint:: Gideon, delete file #3-7438-2. Sara must never know the truth about Ava.
:awesomelon:: Yes, Director Hunter.
[Rip steps through the time portal]
:awesomelon:: (Oh bullshit am I deleting Time_Agents_Gone_Wild_May_2462_Vol1.avi :wiggle:)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

That was incredibly refreshing. On any other show, Wally chiming in with a dumbfuck "Hey I can help with meditation!" would be waved off with something like "You don't know how our team works yet, slow down, Hoss." Whereas Sara's just like, gently caress it go for it. And then he pulled out the win at the end of the day to cap it all off.

It's a side of leadership that you don't see often enough in fiction- that of being encouraging and praising people when they do well and you know, morale. Sara is a good captain.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I adored the moment when Wally ran away from Amaya. Wally! You were always meant for better than the Flash!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

nine-gear crow posted:

And why would that be a deep dark secret that Sara can never be allowed to learn? She'd totally bang a robot.

Maybe it's just Rip being a dick again?

Maybe she was designed by Rip to seduce Sara, as some kind of contingency plan.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

:clint:: Gideon, delete file #3-7438-2. Sara must never know the truth about Ava.
:awesomelon:: Yes, Director Hunter.
[Rip steps through the time portal]
:awesomelon:: (Oh bullshit am I deleting Time_Agents_Gone_Wild_May_2462_Vol1.avi :wiggle:)

I'm assuming an eventual punchline of "you're not the captain anymore, Captain Lance is. You can't even order me to delete your shoe size."

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bruceski posted:

This show is ludicrously stupid and wonderful for it.

:agreed: It's so much fun!

Darhk using dad jokes and lying next to the guy who killed talking to him was perfect.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I assume Zari or Sara put in some kind of program to detect when Rip activates a thing on Gideon as well as a possible override because they've already been burned by that poo poo a bunch already.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Xelkelvos posted:

I assume Zari or Sara put in some kind of program to detect when Rip activates a thing on Gideon as well as a possible override because they've already been burned by that poo poo a bunch already.

They tried that the last time he did it too. Fundamentally it's his ship and he's from a way more advanced technological base than them. He'll never stop owning their dumb asses as long as they are on his ship.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mulva posted:

They tried that the last time he did it too. Fundamentally it's his ship and he's from a way more advanced technological base than them. He'll never stop owning their dumb asses as long as they are on his ship.

Plus, Gideon literally wants to bang him, she is that close with him at this point. That has been confirmed. She is in love with him. So if it came down to a coin flip of Rip v. Time Idiots, she’s side with Rip pretty much every time, I think, unless he was 100% demonstrably wrong about something and she knew that he was.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I love that they let Wally be goofy.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

howe_sam posted:

Given the name of the episode, I figured it was a blonde Anton Chigurh wig.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Mulva posted:

I like seeing Rip off balance and penitent. It'd be nice if the crew was finally on top of things with regards to his messing around with Gideon.

I don't understand why Darkh and Daughter work so well, but I'd watch that show too if they made it, with occasional guest appearances from the Time Idiots and the League of Doom.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Given the name of the episode, I figured it was a blonde Anton Chigurh wig.

I realized that's who it was they were parodying like five minutes after I posted Andy Warhol, but I didn't want to bother correcting myself :negative:

I do appreciate though that one of the other recurring themes of this season seems to be "What's the most ridiculous wig we can put Neal McDonough in before he finally says no?"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nine-gear crow posted:

I do appreciate though that one of the other recurring themes of this season seems to be "What's the most ridiculous wig we can put Neal McDonough in before he finally says no?"

It works out because Neal seems like he's down with anything.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

It works out because Neal seems like he's down with anything.

Pretty much. I've read a couple of interviews with him and he says he won't kiss anyone on camera and doesn't do hard swearing or taking the Lord's name in vain because he's a practicing Catholic IRL, but other than that, game on, let's have some fun. And I respect that in him. Dude knows his limits and he's just having a blast with Darhk.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Ava is Rip's kid, right?

Also, Wally is 100% better on Legends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, I was not a fan of Nora before this week's episode but she was a lot of fun.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
It's still kinda creepy to me that Ray bonded with Nora when she was a preteen and now he has the hots for her.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

It's still kinda creepy to me that Ray bonded with Nora when she was a preteen and now he has the hots for her.

If they keep it as a platonic father/daughter-esque relationship, I'd be okay with that. It'd still be a little weird because they're married irl though

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
My guess is Ava is a time aberration and something something but then Sara saves her because they're outside of time and:

Also Damian is a drat treasure I hope he doesn't (perma)die this season, which is amusing because I found him to be a pretty middle of the road Arrow villain.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Also Damian is a drat treasure I hope he doesn't (perma)die this season, which is amusing because I found him to be a pretty middle of the road Arrow villain.

Everything from Arrow becomes better the second it's not stuck being on Arrow.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

8one6 posted:

Everything from Arrow becomes better the second it's not stuck being on Arrow.

well then someone give them Slade.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Speaking of vague mysteries, did we ever find out what that hidden recording about not trusting the Flash was about?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Avalerion posted:

Speaking of vague mysteries, did we ever find out what that hidden recording about not trusting the Flash was about?

That was tackled during the crossover last year. Believe it or not, that was actually Future Barry explaining/confessing that he hosed time and created Flashpoint, so yeah it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to put a lot of trust in Barry Allen 2016, Massive Time Shithead.

And that was it. That was literally all it amounted to. Just a plot beat to create some drama and tension during Invasion! that was then resolved like 20 minutes later.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Slade on the waverider would be loving amazing but they've gone back to not being allowed to use him again.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I forget, have Slade and Sara had a chance to talk things out since poo poo went down on Lian Yu?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

I forget, have Slade and Sara had a chance to talk things out since poo poo went down on Lian Yu?

Sara helped Oliver fight Slade in Season 2 but they've never been together post Mirukuru.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

They can have a little scene where she punches him in the face and he's like I deserved that, and she's like yeah dick....alright moving on.

Mirakuru is a hell of a drug.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 7, 2018

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"We allow light to moderate theft on this ship. We like to call them souvenirs."

line of the episode.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

bring back old gbs posted:

line of the episode.

"I'm gonna kick my rear end." would like a word with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This is way meta knowing Courtney Ford is Brendan Routh's RL wife with all the Dissaproveing dad stuff at the start.

Also I discovered that she is related to 9/11 truther Roberto Orci.