Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

I think you used span as the past tense of spin when referring to Spinda. It's spun.

Lanette is such an oddball addition to this series, I'm kinda curious why they didn't just keep Bill. He was around.

Flavor, probably. Every region gets their own admin and apparently they all hang together because Bill keeps giving out Eevees

I loke Kalos' admin since hes a punk guy who has to keep reassuring you he's legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

I think you used span as the past tense of spin when referring to Spinda. It's spun.

Whoops, I thought I did put spun. Fixed!

Also I did try and fit abilities someone on the graphic, but it just looked a bit tacked on. Maybe I could've put them inbetween the sprites and the name notes, but ah well, something to think about for next time, I suppose.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know it's not up for a vote, but I'm voting that you rename the skarmory you caught to Pinochopper.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

General Revil posted:

I know it's not up for a vote, but I'm voting that you rename the skarmory you caught to Pinochopper.

That's eleven characters.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 11: Meteoring Team Magma

Route 114

Right, let's properly go through Route 114.

Since Nimbus has 10 levels to gain and the opponent's trainers Pokemon refuse to go higher than the third rival battle for some confusing reason despite being nearly by the fourth Gym Leader, we'll be seeing her a lot. Level curves before Gen 4 just fuckin suck.

Nimbus will do just fine with Secret Power, if not being a crazy strong move. I also thought we'd just seen Water Sport, hence the second Mud Sport screenshot. Water Sport has 15PP and reduces the base power of Fire moves by 50% while the user is in battle. Only 3 Pokemon learn this move that already don't resist Fire moves and only one of those is actually weak to Fire moves (Masquerain of course). Do NOT mistake this move for Water Spout, an actually amazing move.

I don't want a POKEMON that's just cute. I adore cute ones that have a quirk or two!

Okay! I'll just fish me a bigger one!

So, bring on your POKEMON!

I think I'll try my luck at landing a big one at METEOR FALLS. There has to be something in there. I just know it.

At least the trainers being so weak means Nimbus can just beat them with little problems. Seriously, it's gonna be a couple updates before she catches up with everyone else. Also spoilers, there's no unique Pokemon to fish up in Meteor Falls, a miss opportunity I feel.

Oh, no! I just had a tasty meal. I'm getting drowsy...

Secret passage behind the house.

Ooh, handy. Persim berries cure confusion, which is useful for self confusion moves, or just to ignore that awful status.

Ahahahaha, good one. That's very funny. Haha... you dick.

I'm sorry everything is so cluttered... When I get engrossed in research, things end up this way... This is embarrassing... please keep this a secret in exchange for this.

You should organize your BOXES so you can tell which POKEMON are in them.

I'm not doing a Living Dex, so no thanks. You get a Seedot Doll in Ruby.

It has a lot of user-friendly features that make it fun and useful, too. It makes me proud that I played a part in its development. Here's hoping that you'll continue research in Storage Systems. From BILL.

(TYRA) Well, sure. I'm in the mood for it. I'll teach you a little about POKEMON.

"taught me!"

(TYRA) What an amazing battle style! I was teaching my junior IVY about Pokemon.

Man so many battles still. Good for catching up since I know my team was getting overlevelled, but getting a fourth and then fifth team member usually balances that out quite nicely.

Way too strong! I think it's great that I can go camping with my POKEMON.

A big body that's all lumpy and hard, enormous horns, and vicious fangs... Ufufufufu... I wish I had a Pokemon like that...

I can't wait for Wargreymon to evolve into a Pokemon like that.

Nimbus is gonna need all the help it can get. If I don't use an EV drink, then I'm saving it for later. Let's catch some cool Pokemon in this route!

Good to get the evolutions, kappa.

While Sing is really not the best move to catch Pokemon with, might as well use it while we've got it. As you'd expect, Nuzleaf is a 1% encounter.

What else is there... er, what's that hissing noise?

Sssssssssssso you want to use this sssssssssssnake? That's a good idea, those are some nice high, balanced attacking stats, if making it a bit fragile. However, it'll need some TM help, as, while it learns some STAB (crazy I know), both Poison Tail and Poison Fang kinda do the same thing and have the same strength. At least Sludge Bomb ain't too far and there are some crazy moves you can learn, like Flamethrower, Giga Drain and Earthquake, as well as Crunch at level 28. Still, is it the best choice for those TMs? With those stats? Yeah, actually, you can't go that wrong with this sssssssssserpent.

Well poo poo. Poison Tail has 50BP, 25PP and 100% accuracy that has a higher crit ratio and a 10% chance of poisoning the opponent. Bit annoying, but it'll pale in comparison to Sludge Bomb.

Nest Balls: still super good.

Holy poo poo this thing is good. Good Attack, good Speed and blows its rival out of the water by, one, already knowing SWORDS DANCE and, two, learning Slash very quickly. That'd be pretty good by itself, but it can also Quick Attack to pick off weakened foes, learns Brick Break, Shadow Ball and Aerial Ace and also has a large special movepool it can't use. It hits hard and that's all you need it to do, even if it'll fall over pretty easily.

Immunity prevents the Pokemon from being poisoned. Super nice, prevents Toxic stalling and gives it a nice edge against Seviper.

Considering I never found a Geodude in Granite Cave (10% on the first floor only, I gave up after 20 mins), I'm annoyed I haven't found one through rock smashing either. Like how rare is this drat rock???

Thanks for dousing my fire! You set my spirit on fire. Let's register each other! You really do have to be careful with any sort of fire in a forest. Don't underestimate the power of fire.

The mountains are unforgiving... In the winter, mountains turn deadly with blizzards and avalanches.

Oh, I see. That's good to know. Some POKEMON change so much when they evolve, it's startling!

You're supposed to shout "yodelayhihoo" since it doesn't echo here!

Everyone join in! YODELAYHIHOO!

When I was a wee tyke, I believed there was someone copying me and shouting back, "Yodelayhihoo."

Meteor Falls

Mmm, that's the good stuff. Hope there's nothing to ruin it.

Team Magma Encounter

Heh? I don't know who you are, but if you get in the way of TEAM MAGMA, don't expect any mercy!

Team Aqua Encounter

You're badly mistaken if you think you can have your way with the world!

Heh, it doesn't matter! We've got the METEORITE, so off to MT. CHIMNEY we go! Hehehe! Be seeing you, you TEAM AQUA dingbats!

Ah, so your name is YUKI. At the time, I thought you were one of TEAM MAGMA's goons. Humph... you're one odd kid. TEAM MAGMA is a dangerous group of total fanatics. They engage in destruction, claiming to expand the land mass. They are the rivals to us, the sea-loving TEAM AQUA!

There's no telling what TEAM MAGMA will do at MT.CHIMNEY! YUKI, you should keep an eye out for TEAM MAGMA, too. Farewell!

Meteor Falls

TEAM MAGMA asked me to guide them to METEOR FALLS... But they tricked me. They even took my METEORITE away... and then another similar bunch, TEAM AQUA showed up. After that... I don't understand any of it. But that TEAM MAGMA... what are they going to do with that METEORITE at MT.CHIMNEY?

Ah, very precious as we'll soon see. So yeah, Team Magma, Team Aqua, sounds interesting. Or dumb as hell, either or. Let's catch some Pokemon!

What a curious creature that actually gets STAB right from the get go, wow! Sure, it can't really make use of its Psychic STAB, but it gets Rock Throw and will even learn Rock Slide later on. Now that's something a lot of other Rock types can't claim... fuckin GF. It learns a few Fire and Grass moves with its sun theme, though it obviously can't use them. At least it gets Earthquake and Shadow Ball, but it's not that great, due to a load of weaknesses, though it can take a physical hit or two.

Rolling in items, man.

Unique to Sapphire. If Solrock can only use its Rock STAB, here's Lunatone only able to use its Psychic STAB. It also gets some nice early moves, but instead of Rock Slide, it gets Psychic, which I feel is a much better tradeoff. The only fun move it learns that is moon related is Ice Beam, which, hey, is a drat good move. Aside from that though, it just has a load of physical moves, so it has the same problems as Solrock who has too many special moves. At least it also gets Calm Mind, so it could do something, but it really doesn't get any coverage. Still, not the worst choice.

Route 115

With those two obtained, it's back to Route 115, how crazy.

I've been teaching my POKEMON karate. It looks like they'll get better than me. I'm excited about that.

More scales.

The sand acts as a cushion to reduce impact and prevent injury. This is the perfect place to train.

It felt like we hadn't registered anyone in a while and bam, there's two next to each other. Bluk berries do nothing!

Two levels up there, but I didn't screenshot Nimbus's stats for whatever reason. Hey maybe it'll learn something good?

Incorrect. Well, it could be more defensive, but I don't care about that for single player.

A powerful piggy. Spoink is an alright Psychic type, being pretty strong and bulky on the special side, like a pig is(?), but it has the same problem as Ralts in that it learns very little in coverage, only getting Shock Wave overall. It gets Psybeam for a while, which is nice, but its Attack is way too low to bother with, so don't bother with it and use status moves instead... I guess??? Still, Psychics are still cool and it's super cute, so go for it.

I was meditating with my POKEMON. But this pleace isn't very peaceful...

I have this rare POKEMON. It's enough to keep my satisfied.

Alright, we're done in this area for now. Yes, there's STILL more to Route 115 we'll get to in just a little bit.

Oh hey I finally got around to remembering these items are a thing. Woo.

Off we go back to Mt. Chimney.

Hippity hoppity. There's only like 4 times in the entire game you need to get the Acro Bike and you don't even technically need it for what's coming up, but it makes my life a little easier.

The Magma boys are gone, so up we go.

Cable Car

It's all out war up here.

Mt. Chimney

Perhaps... the truth is somewhere in the middle.

See for yourself what the fanatics of TEAM MAGMA are up to! They're trying to inject the stolen METOERITE's power into the volcano! Doing something like that will cause the volcano's eruption!

Nothing up this side, so the one we need to stop is on the left.

Like, if that thing's power made more land, there'd be more places to live. Everyone'd be happy!

I'm going to build it on hardened lava!

VS Team Magma

Not only do we have to deal with water weirdos, now ground weirdos enter the picture!

A kid like you, you ought to be splashing about in the waves!

Our BOSS says, "It will make everyone happy." But why does everyone keep getting in our way?

But you're too late! I've already delivered the METEORITE from METEOR FALLS to the BOSS!

Now you might be wondering why I'm not using official artwork of the Team Magma Admin Tabitha... well there isn't any for any of the admins, though they do have unique sprites. I'm not gonna use the remake artwork since they're pretty different characters. As in, they have a character. The teams are so much better in the remakes.

Even though I've lost, if our leader awakens that thing... BOSS, hurry! Give it the METEORITE's energy! Hehehe...

Cheers, Freesample, we might need it up ahead. While Tabitha had 4 weak and uninteresting Pokemon, who knows what the boss has.

"activity will instantly intensify...

Its energy will grow deep inside the crater and... fufufu...

"affairs."

It must be you he meant. Humph! So you're thinking of interfering with us, TEAM MAGMA? Now you listen. Long ago, living things used the land to live and grow. That is why land is all important! It is the cradle of all! That is why TEAM MAGMA is dedicated to the expansion of the land mass. It is for further advancement of humankind and POKEMON! And for that, we need the power of what sleeps within this mountain... Oh! There was no need for you to learn that much. But, no matter! I'll teach you the consequences of meddling in our grand design!

VS Leader Maxie

Why IS Dark special anyway? Well Mightyena might be a good boy, it's also not that... good. Sure, its Attack will do it just fine, but you're not getting any STAB and you've got a while until you have a better move than, uh, Tackle. Sure it can learn the good stuff, Return, Iron Tail, Shadow Ball, but notice how I'm listing these attacks for a good number of Pokemon that have no other options. You can only pick one after all, but Strength is a fine move until then. Its other stats are just mediocre so it's not gonna be wowing you anytime soon.

I, uh, don't think Nimbus is gonna do well here, so let's just switch. Also godDAMN this music.

Alright, off to a great start.

Yeah screw this. A Dark type can match up quite well to a Steel type if it dodges every fuckin hit.

Now see this is something Nimbus can fight no problem.

Now with two humps you're still really slow and weak to Water and Ground, but you've got great attacking stats. Getting Rock Slide upon evolving really helps and Earthquake isn't that far away. You've still got a while of using Ember before getting Eruption, but drat is it good, though Overheat might do you until then. Being able to make use of both your STABs and hitting hard with both Rock Slide and Return is pretty nice, but you'll get outsped all the time and the later parts of the game are gonna be a major problem, so beware.

Man this thing hurts.

Stop healing!!!

Wow that one turn confusion sure was helpful. Bleh.

Please stop being faster than everything and just die, thanks.

Mt. Chimney

But, enough. I will back off this time. But don't think that this is the last you've seen of TEAM MAGMA. Fufufu... Even without the METEORITE, if we obtain that ORB... Fufufu...

But... you... whose side are you on? Ah, it doesn't matter. We will remain vigilant and keep up our pursuit of TEAM MAGMA. YUKI, we shall meet again!

Alright, all the crazies have gone, so let's make sure the world doesn't end just yet.

Try one. It's just ¥200. Thank you, dear!

Lava Cookies are like Full Heals except much better cause they're like a third of the price. We will be stocking up on these, oh yes.

Jagged Pass

Now this is what I've always wanted in a mountain. This jagged bumpiness... it rocks my soul!

Yes, I did lose at POKEMON... but, when it comes to the love of the mountains, I have you beat.

Neat. Jagged Pass is one way street unless you have the Acro Bike, but there's not much use for it otherwise. There is one new Pokemon to find though.

Bounced its way into my heart... but not on the team, we've got a little while before member five.

What I am doing in a place like this? What business is it of yours?

Okay, oh-kay! I admit it--you're strong! Don't worry about me. Go wherever you want!

How completely not suspicious.

Will you ever be back in this area? If you do return, I'd like a rematch. Did you know? Some people cleverly ride their bicycles up this horribly bumpy pass.

You might think we'll have to make a few passes down this place since there's a lot of ledges. But nope! If you actually know where everything is, you can do it in one pass AND not need the Acro Bike. Crazy.

Hmm... what went wrong? What is that odd rock protrusion a little up the hill from here?

I feel like I'm falling apart... My bicycle bounced around so much, my rear end's sore...

See, if you know where this Great Ball is (like I, uh, totally did), then you don't even need the Acro Bike. Still crazy.

Can you register me in your POKENAV? If I had an ACRO BIKE, I'd be able to jump ledges.

That was the Jagged Pass and now this is Route 112.

That was Route 112 and now this is Lavaridge Town. Next update is gonna be quite hot, in more ways than one.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Let's cause this volcano that's smack dab in the middle of a landmass to erupt to expand the landmass! :downs:

Not surprising that this was one of the first plot points ORAS changed.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm going to enjoy my write up on Team Magma, but the quick summation of 'how' they get around the Admins... not really being the Admins from earlier in the manga, is they claim that the Admin names are actually more 'titles' than the person's real name. Also, the lack of official art for the Admins meant RS got uh... interesting

This was their take on Tabitha, Courtney is pretty close to her sprite

But the real interesting thing to talk about in regards to her is her overall character and how she plays into the plot. Again, it's going to be super interesting to discuss

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Let's cause this volcano that's smack dab in the middle of a landmass to erupt to expand the landmass! :downs:

Not surprising that this was one of the first plot points ORAS changed.

Team Magma is possibly less dumb than Team Aqua, but they're still pretty dumb!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

I'm going to enjoy my write up on Team Magma, but the quick summation of 'how' they get around the Admins... not really being the Admins from earlier in the manga, is they claim that the Admin names are actually more 'titles' than the person's real name. Also, the lack of official art for the Admins meant RS got uh... interesting

I'd say this was a very good change seeing how Tabitha is not only lacking in personality but also in design in RSE. Seriously, if you asked me to tell you what is different between Tabitha and a Magma Grunt, the only thing I could answer is "the pose", I didn't even realize the white strips on his pants until this very update.

Of course, then the remakes did the exact opposite and turned him into Kim Jong-Il, and that's hilarious.

Man, RS was such a drat good arc. Still the best.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Another thing ORAS improved in this section of the game: Maxie's defeat animation. :allears: someone please find and post it, I can't right now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

I forgot how incredible this was, perfect.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Beautiful.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Onmi posted:

The other interesting part is how they handled the bosses' personalities.

Specifically, they wound up giving them the opposite personalities they'd have in ORAS, with RSE arc Maxie being a hotblooded wild guy and RSE arc Archie being a cool composed guy. The plot got weird when it was time to explain why they were totally different personalities from before.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm rather curious how the manga intends to handle Ultra Sun/Moon considering

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Thank you :allears:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm rather curious how the manga intends to handle Ultra Sun/Moon...

Doesn't ORAS the game play with the idea of multiverse in Pokemon? And aren't the Rainbow Rocket (best team name) leaders from worlds where they win? Could work pretty easy.

Seviper is a cool snek and also my friend. Poison needs more love in general imo.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I remember Zangoose being pretty popular back when RS first came out.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Fuckin' Bill. Just leave your program with a bunch of limitations and a lovely text-only UI and leave it up to someone else to do all the work of making it into something that's actually usable. Typical programmer.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

BrightWing posted:

Doesn't ORAS the game play with the idea of multiverse in Pokemon? And aren't the Rainbow Rocket (best team name) leaders from worlds where they win? Could work pretty easy.

Seviper is a cool snek and also my friend. Poison needs more love in general imo.

Yes, ORAS and Sun/Moon take place in an alternate universe. USUM take place in the main pokemon universe, maybe. But all the villains Giovanni summoned were from universes where their master plans succeeded.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Kurieg posted:

Yes, ORAS and Sun/Moon take place in an alternate universe. USUM take place in the main pokemon universe, maybe. But all the villains Giovanni summoned were from universes where their master plans succeeded.

That sounds crazy, evidently I need to play USUM.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have to laugh at how :effort: Maxie's design for the remakes is. All he gets is a different coat, a turtleneck sweater underneath the coat, and fancy glasses. Meanwhile, everyone else got some serious overhauls, especially Team Aqua's admins.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

AradoBalanga posted:

I have to laugh at how :effort: Maxie's design for the remakes is. All he gets is a different coat, a turtleneck sweater underneath the coat, and fancy glasses. Meanwhile, everyone else got some serious overhauls, especially Team Aqua's admins.

I mean, he's a smug guy pretending to be a scientist guy in a coat. He didn't need a redesign to match the character they wanted to have, it conveys it perfectly.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

I don't know, it's not AS drastic as the others, but this is a pretty big step up from whatever his weird coat thing here is

his incredibly stupid shorts and shoes

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

MightyPretenders posted:

I remember Zangoose being pretty popular back when RS first came out.

It's still really popular with furries

rannum posted:

his incredibly stupid shorts and shoes

From the waist up it's smug, from the waist down it's autism. Perfect.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, those shorts, leggings, and boots are really ridiculous looking.

Solumin posted:

That sounds crazy, evidently I need to play USUM.

To be honest, USUM is a lamer version of SM aside from Hau becoming even better than he was before (even though I liked him in the original games) and the post-game involving Rainbow Rocket.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
USUM follows the third game tradition of being basically the same thing, only with a lot more side content and postgame stuff to do. It also speeds things up in a few places, notable during the intro and the pre-credits plot wrapup.

It just left a sour taste in some people's mouths because the stuff people were most hyped for(Rainbow Rocket, Ultra Space rides) was all postgame & it changed the motivations of the main villain enough to miss the point of her character in SM.

e: Also if we're talking Maxie's ORAS design, let's not forget that Archie got turned into even more of a pirate somehow.

Just rolling around with an anchor necklace, nbd.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 8, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

On the other hand, USUM has the best (or worst depending on who you ask) Legendary battle in the series. :allears:

Haifisch posted:

e: Also if we're talking Maxie's ORAS design, let's not forget that Archie got turned into even more of a pirate somehow.

Just rolling around with an anchor necklace, nbd.

I think Shelly got hit the hardest with the visual changes out of Team Aqua.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So I'm wondering which part of the manga to cover next, start tackling the gym leaders? Team Magma/Aqua? What would people be interested in seeing covered?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

I don't remember Gym Leaders being particularly special in the RS manga, so maybe start with theam Aqua/Magma cause they do a lot in that plot. Especially Magma.

Also, when we're talking about Archie/Maxie, I have to post this:

Kikas fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 8, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gym Leaders, then the evil teams.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I looked up rainbow rocket and I have to say its super cool how they direcrly adapted their original designs without much change.
Rainbow Giovanni is a chunky boi just like all of gen 1/2.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

This is my headcannon about how Archie catches Kyogre in his "I actually completed my plan and flooded the gently caress out of the entire world" alternate universe.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kemix posted:

This is my headcannon about how Archie catches Kyogre in his "I actually completed my plan and flooded the gently caress out of the entire world" alternate universe.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
:allears:

Maxie's plan makes slightly more sense in a 'wtf were you expecting' context(more land means less crowding and humanity can develop more and we all live happily ever after), but it's still pretty stupid. "Let's make this random inland volcano erupt, that'll make more land! Also let's throw rocket fuel in it just to make sure! :downs:'

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I am glad of these maxie/archie jokes and hope they continue well into the LP where the story gets dumber and dumber

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Ecoterrorists, somehow even worse than normal terrorists.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Haifisch posted:

:allears:

Maxie's plan makes slightly more sense in a 'wtf were you expecting' context(more land means less crowding and humanity can develop more and we all live happily ever after), but it's still pretty stupid. "Let's make this random inland volcano erupt, that'll make more land! Also let's throw rocket fuel in it just to make sure! :downs:'

Looking at this, the "power up Electric-types by enlarging the sun with a broken ghost detector" plan from Quartz almost seems reasonable.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
Now we can talk about how every single Aqua/Magma battle is the same three Pokemon, and the leaders just use their evolved forms. What the gently caress is that poo poo.

Now that I think about it, the whole game kind of drops the ball on interesting boss teams, doesn't it? Except maybe the last one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

magikid posted:

Now we can talk about how every single Aqua/Magma battle is the same three Pokemon, and the leaders just use their evolved forms. What the gently caress is that poo poo.

ORAS tries to fix this. And by tries, I mean that Team Magma and Aqua still use half of the same Pokemon, but Aqua uses Grimer and Carvahna lines while Magma uses Koffing and Numel lines.

It's a shame this game doesn't have a whole region full of new volcano, desert, and water areas with unique Pokemon that they could use instead. :shepicide:

• Locked thread