Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The new Screaming Females album is really good but that's not really a surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

The new Screaming Females album is really good but that's not really a surprise

Have you heard the cover of "No More I Love You's" by Annie Lennox on SoundCloud? It's pretty good.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.stereogum.com/1982353/screaming-females-no-more-i-love-yous-annie-lennox-cover/music%3famp=1

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

deadwing posted:

emo album of the year, Dog Bless by Gulfer is out today. Riyl Algernon Cadwallader, Snowing, all that good poo poo

https://open.spotify.com/album/0FWUzTuaOtIsE9eIv9ejxQ?si=JMQqddqOTwWjWfuwQPF7SQ

I'm halfway through and this is really good. I like the guitar dwiddling.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Propagandhi kicked major rear end last night. The sold out crowd was almost dangerously into it and the on stage energy matched them. Also their stage banter was extremely Canadian.

La Armada played like they owned the place and were also super energetic for the early hometown crowd. They were part of the first show I ever saw in Chicago and are one of the best local bands so it was awesome to see them play a big room on tour with a well known band. Their new material sounds way more mathy than their older stuff.

Iron Chic were okay. They would make sense opening for Propagandhi on a two band bill but their kind of earnest dad punk right after La Armada was weird.

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

How did you stray so far to end up here?
Stoked for La Armada's upcoming release!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh hey another new track from The Armed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5n_1FNWvaE

EDIT: They're also selling a single unplayable version of their record for $250 and I want it but somebody already bought it which is probably for the best.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 5, 2018

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

deadwing posted:

emo album of the year, Dog Bless by Gulfer is out today. Riyl Algernon Cadwallader, Snowing, all that good poo poo

https://open.spotify.com/album/0FWUzTuaOtIsE9eIv9ejxQ?si=JMQqddqOTwWjWfuwQPF7SQ

Yeah digging this. The guitar wankery reminds me of someone I can't place my finger on, but it sounds super early-2000s, which I'm hella into.

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 5, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Well, looks like Thursday are bringing the Full Collapse/War All The Time tour to NYC this winter?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Oh poo poo that’s gonna be amazing

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
They always do a holiday show at Starland, but that's a bridge! What does it mean?!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
When Thursday toured last year, a buddy had an extra ticket and I turned him down and I feel so ducking dumb for it. They were part of my first concert, but I was only there for Deftones so I knew nothing about Thursday but I hosed w them afterwards. Ah well, such is life.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
In case this thread hasn't talked about them yet, you guys should check out Super Unison. It's real good punk with the singer from Punch.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I am going to reiterate that Propagandhi kicks rear end, La Armada rules, and Iron Chic is dad punk but in the best way possible and you should go to this tour. Tonight was awesome.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Good Will Hrunting posted:

They always do a holiday show at Starland, but that's a bridge! What does it mean?!

Holy poo poo, I figured it meant Brooklyn and I thought that was gonna mean Brooklyn Steel but they're playing Music Hall of Williamsburg :swoon:

They also said these are their only holiday shows this year.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Inspector_666 posted:

Holy poo poo, I figured it meant Brooklyn and I thought that was gonna mean Brooklyn Steel but they're playing Music Hall of Williamsburg :swoon:

They also said these are their only holiday shows this year.

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Any onsale date?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Any onsale date?

General on-sale is Friday at 10AM, BrooklynVegan pre-sale Wednesday 10AM.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

New video/track from Wolves&Wolves&Wolves&Wolves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjDubICEfEU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I've always assumed Thursday is terrible since they were the #1 choice of every confirmed poser and wimp after they realized Blink182 and Newfound Glory was terrible/no longer cool in 2003.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nah, they were a diamond in the rough of a scene full of shite.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I remember being stunned when I found out that New Found Glory was founded by a guy from Shai Hulud.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I remember being stunned when I found out that New Found Glory was founded by a guy from Shai Hulud.

Shai Hulud have had so many members that they're probably two degrees from every punk or punk adjacent band of the last 20 years.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Similarly one of the guys in Fallout Boy was a member of Race Traitor and Vegan Reich.

James Dewees formerly of Coalesce went on to be in Get Up Kids, Reggie and the Full Effect, and My Chemical Romance amongst others.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Similarly one of the guys in Fallout Boy was a member of Race Traitor and Vegan Reich.

James Dewees formerly of Coalesce went on to be in Get Up Kids, Reggie and the Full Effect, and My Chemical Romance amongst others.

Yeah Andy Hurley has done a bunch of things, like he was in Enabler as well. Fall Out Boy are fans of tons of good poo poo. They are just completely unabashed sellouts.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Some bands from that era... I understand the appeal but don't enjoy them. Fall Out Boy... I never understood how they soared to that height. They have approximately two passable songs.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I never cared for them one bit, that whole era of terrible loving bands.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Some bands from that era... I understand the appeal but don't enjoy them. Fall Out Boy... I never understood how they soared to that height. They have approximately two passable songs.

It's Tiger Beat's approximation of punk/emo, and manufactured rebellion sells

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

EL BROMANCE posted:

And Enabler. All hail the void is a badass album

jagstag
Oct 26, 2015

umm yeah if you weren't like in middle/early highschool when those bands were popular and female/femme i can see why you weren't into them

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I loved senses fail when I was 16 ok lay off bro

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Majority Rule playing shows again is neat

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

you loving nerd i feel so cool irl now

I got to see these guys when I was 16 which i am both glad and surprised since bands so rarely came to my town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bSr7RRn1Ig

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

we all loved some poo poo

I loved Less Than Jake when I was 19 or whatever

I even tried listening to Pennywise earnestly at some point

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
hahaha same, ironically enough all my friends were metal heads because before going """""scene"""""" i listened to nothing but in flames, dimmu , and opeth

I'm gonna revisit every band I can remember listening to as a high school and rank them from cringe to passable

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Used's self-titled was incredibly my poo poo in high school and I thought I was punk as gently caress for listening to it.

(I still listen to it every now and then.)

Parachute
May 18, 2003
the only pennywise songs ive heard were from the first 45 seconds of the ones in top skater because that's about how long i would be able to play that game without losing

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Inspector_666 posted:

The Used's self-titled was incredibly my poo poo in high school and I thought I was punk as gently caress for listening to it.

(I still listen to it every now and then.)

I imagine that's going into my "I feel bad for still enjoying this to some extent" bucket. I feel absolutely zero shame listening to the first Alsxisonfire album right now. God drat Dallas had a pretty voice. I also thought I was edgy as gently caress for my AOF shirt

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The only really “scene” band I ever liked was Dance Gavin Dance, who remain a truly guilty pleasure with multiple downright embarrassing moments on most of their albums. I JUST REALLY APPRECIATE THEIR MUSICIANSHIP, OKAY?!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Henchman of Santa posted:

The only really “scene” band I ever liked was Dance Gavin Dance, who remain a truly guilty pleasure with multiple downright embarrassing moments on most of their albums. I JUST REALLY APPRECIATE THEIR MUSICIANSHIP, OKAY?!

DBM is super catchy, then their Death Star one was loving great too. The song with Chino :swoon:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DBM is super catchy, then their Death Star one was loving great too. The song with Chino :swoon:

Nah Death Star is the one that I disliked even back then. Too much lovely Jon Mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

JawKnee posted:

we all loved some poo poo

I loved Less Than Jake when I was 19 or whatever

I even tried listening to Pennywise earnestly at some point

Why not? Both have some good songs.