Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think she was just guest hosting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
She fills in when Hoda or Kathy Lee can't make it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Lest we forget 2016, Today has a little relationship with the Bush family.

E: oh, though he wasn't there for very long. That I didn't know.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 6, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Wonderwall is an all time hated song for me, I wish they’d picked something better too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGn-aeBMQR0

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lost in Space trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzmM0AB60QQ

It looks great, I hope it ends up being good. I have a feeling it's going to live or die based on the child actors.

Also Luke Cage s2 is out June 22

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still remember my local Woolworths having at least fifty copies of this (on glorious cassette!) knocked down to 5p after nobody cared it after the the first week or two and it plumetted out of the charts.

Ah, I still remember the fun of picking up first week singles for a quid and taking chances on things, because £4 for a CD single the week after was a rip-off.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Lost in Space trailer:

It looks great, I hope it ends up being good. I have a feeling it's going to live or die based on the child actors.

Lost in Space 98 is a bit weird for the trivia fact that it was finally the thing that toppled Titanic off the top of the charts after 4 months.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The only good thing from LiS 98

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Lost in Space trailer:

Also Luke Cage s2 is out June 22

Parker Posey makes it a must watch for me. I saw the 98 film a while back and the kid playing Will was bad in an exceptionally bad child actor way.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like the visuals. Has that cold and sparse Interstellar look in some parts but the aliens and vehicles look like Mass Effect. That robot looks like a Geth.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Parker Posey makes it a must watch for me. I saw the 98 film a while back and the kid playing Will was bad in an exceptionally bad child actor way.

Yeah the way the trailer frames it seems like the "alien" Robot was actually built by Dr. Smith, or was is in some way related to her. Dr. Smith was a stowaway in the original show but it almost looks like they find her on the planet. (Incidentally the Robinson's left Earth in the original tv show in the far flung future year of 1997)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was working at a cinema for my first job when Lost in Space '98 came out. Some dude projectile vomited all over the place mid screening, and one of my fellow coworkers said "yeah, that movie does blow chunks."

That's my Lost in Space story

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gary Oldman hamming it up forever makes that movie worth it tbh.

Excited for the new show. Parker Posey makes it a must watch for me, too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

You thought people complained about LOST before, but now it's in SPACE?! The critics are going to have a field day with this :downsrim:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/parks-and-recreation-nick-offerman-amazon-neil-gaiman-good-omens-1202719109/

Variety posted:

Nick Offerman is the latest star to join “Good Omens,” the Amazon Prime Video adaptation of the Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman book. He will play the U.S. Ambassador and father of the child Warlock in the series, who is mistakenly believed to be the Antichrist.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I keep thinking that series has already wrapped and they keep making new casting announcements.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah it’s a good show if you don’t approach it with an “I HATE ALL REFERENCES” mindset

similarly, eating poo poo isn't so bad if you don't approach it with an "I HATE poo poo" mindset

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That Lost in Space series looks crazy expensive, but fun. Toby Stephens, Molly Parker, and Parker Posey guarantee the performances will be good. Let’s hope the writing can measure up to the performances and visuals.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zoux posted:

The only good thing from LiS 98

As iospace said, Gary Oldman was chewing every last bit of scenery in that movie. It's also kind of weird for being Jared Harris' first major role.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of Harris, the new The Terror series is getting pretty good reviews so far.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

X-O posted:

That Lost in Space series looks crazy expensive, but fun. Toby Stephens, Molly Parker, and Parker Posey guarantee the performances will be good. Let’s hope the writing can measure up to the performances and visuals.

I love Molly Parker so, so much.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

I can't watch with sound at work but I'm catching a strong Trek 2009 vibe, although I don't really have much nostalgia for Lost in Space outside of foggy Nike at Nite memories so sure why not.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmBIn9De-Yc

Legion full trailer.

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 6, 2018

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DVNO by Justice was playing on iTunes when I scrolled to this gif and it synced up pretty well

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Speaking of Harris, the new The Terror series is getting pretty good reviews so far.

They have Hinds, who is from Northern Ireland, playing Franklin, who was English, and they have Harris, who is English, playing Crozier, who was from Northern Ireland. :D

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Oh wow that's absolutely perfect casting.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Apparently at some con the guy who plays Shadow in American Gods says that in Season 2 Lakeview and Hinzelman are showing up That feels a little early right?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

achillesforever6 posted:

Apparently at some con the guy who plays Shadow in American Gods says that in Season 2 Lakeview and Hinzelman are showing up That feels a little early right?

They will be speeding up the show with the new guy in charge so as not to loose it's audience to boredom.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Isn't The Bridge(the swedish one) supposed to be pretty good? I may give it a shot soon. Not sure if I'm digging The Frankenstein Chronicles or not yet.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Isn't The Bridge(the swedish one) supposed to be pretty good? I may give it a shot soon. Not sure if I'm digging The Frankenstein Chronicles or not yet.

The characters and performances are good. The mysteries have the "everything is connected even when there is no point in it" and the killers being super geniuses problems you so often see.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I still remember my local Woolworths having at least fifty copies of this (on glorious cassette!) knocked down to 5p after nobody cared it after the the first week or two and it plumetted out of the charts.

Ah, I still remember the fun of picking up first week singles for a quid and taking chances on things, because £4 for a CD single the week after was a rip-off.

Fun fact about that single: The band trolled people by insisting their version was the original and the Oasis version was the cover.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha, looking at the wiki entry it sounds like Chris Evans got involved in that too.

Nothing will beat The Timelords and Doctorin’ The Tardis as best novelty record ever. KLF still the best thing ever.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm finally catching up on ACS: Versace and this is real drat good. I hope Darren Criss goes on to big things, which is something I never thought I would have said when I only really had his Glee work for reference. He was fine enough there, but Blaine was so one-note and that show was a mess 90% of the time anyway.

Really enjoying Cruz as Donatella, as well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ha, looking at the wiki entry it sounds like Chris Evans got involved in that too.

Nothing will beat The Timelords and Doctorin’ The Tardis as best novelty record ever. KLF still the best thing ever.

That's not even the most awesome thing the KLF did!

They hired a thrash metal band to perform with them as part of their departure from the music industry!

Then they burned the million quid they made off that single

I loving love the KLF. Best (and, possibly, only?) Discordian band ever.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean that seems pretty loving stupid? They could have given that money to needy people.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean that seems pretty loving stupid? They could have given that money to needy people.

Or they could have spent it on cars. There really isn't any argument against what they did unless you want to start telling everyone, ever, what to do with their money.

I spent probably $4,000 on weed last year. I could have given that money to needy people!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

precision posted:

Then they burned the million quid they made off that single

I loving love the KLF. Best (and, possibly, only?) Discordian band ever.

Nah this is the exact opposite of good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I spent probably $4,000 on weed last year. I could have given that money to needy people!

You didn’t burn it though

(the money, not the weed)

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Escobarbarian posted:

Agreed. The cars or weed are goods and are part of an economic system. Burning money in some nihilistic artistic bullshit is stupid as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006