Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
When i lived in Irvine the Costco there had a one armed guy checking receipts. He was remarkably quick, grab the receipt, check your cart, tuck the receipt under his chin, mark it and hand it back.

Also when I lived in Irvine I was two miles from three different churches. Almost made it worth living there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Math You posted:

What disturbed you exactly?

The fact that there was a carcass left over and you had to reconcile that you ate a living thing instead of just a hunk of "meat"?

Or the shame of eating a whole chicken in one serving?

First one basically

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bucnasti posted:

Also when I lived in Irvine I was two miles from three different churches. Almost made it worth living there.
That sounds really nice. I grew up in Santa Rosa and they always had one only up until early 2000s when they built one a few miles south in RP. Was super nice having a second one that was newer and much less busy to go to and not much further.

Sadly I basically just have my one serving like 500k+ people, and another one about 40+ minutes away (more if traffic) serving another 500k, and another like 40+ minutes away (more if traffic which is always) serving another half mill.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Picked up a ravioli lasagna at Costco for dinner last night, it was absolutely amazing. Definitely gonna get it again if I'm not feeling up to cooking on a lazy evening.

Costcotip: check your own receipts carefully for the time being. Got charged for an extra pack of canned chicken, and the guy at the podium taking care of the refund said they had a brand new register system and were still getting used to it. Not sure if it's nationwide or just my 'Stco, but word to the wise.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

actionjackson posted:

First one basically

I feel good when I clean the chicken down to a completely meatless husk, but I could see how that could be an icky factor for some folks.

That said, chicken for my family for 2 weeks for $4.99. PBUC

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Been thinking about a dog all weekend. Had to get gas. It was the logical conclusion.

PBUC

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

actionjackson posted:

First one basically

It is.certainly true that you ate a living.thing.

It is also true that if people didn't eat chickens, 99% of them would have never existed at all. Don't be a nihilist.

Sitting At the Co right now, have time to kill. Just partook, a wadded up.square of foil before me, smeared with deli mustard and stuffed with used napkins. I swear, these dogs are the size of two stadium dogs. I buy the quarter pound dogs.for home, and these store dogs are a third longer, and twice the diameter.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Xaris posted:

That sounds really nice. I grew up in Santa Rosa and they always had one only up until early 2000s when they built one a few miles south in RP. Was super nice having a second one that was newer and much less busy to go to and not much further.

Sadly I basically just have my one serving like 500k+ people, and another one about 40+ minutes away (more if traffic) serving another 500k, and another like 40+ minutes away (more if traffic which is always) serving another half mill.

I just checked in the Seattle area. 12 Costcos in a 40 mile range, with another being built in Bonney Lake. Plus 2 business delivery centers. All are, of course, busy as hell.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Meydey posted:

I just checked in the Seattle area. 12 Costcos in a 40 mile range, with another being built in Bonney Lake. Plus 2 business delivery centers. All are, of course, busy as hell.

Do not go to the SoDo location on a weekend unless you feel like getting into a Thunderdome situation.

I took communion this weekend at a better one and I was sad to see that crab pots are not being offered at the moment. Hopefully they will be again during the summer, PBUC

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Do not go to the SoDo location on a weekend unless you feel like getting into a Thunderdome situation.

I took communion this weekend at a better one and I was sad to see that crab pots are not being offered at the moment. Hopefully they will be again during the summer, PBUC

My regulars are Covington, Issaquah, and Tukwila
Gig Harbor is probably the best for crab pots

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Got gas at a far away Costco, now my truck runs better than ever!

PBUC

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

actionjackson posted:

First one basically

Studies are showing plants are far more aware of reality than we ever realized so you might have to just come to terms that life is cruel and existence is agony and live the best you can in spite of it.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I have become a weeknight shopper. Here in LA every church is packed regardless of time of day, but I've started going around 7-7:30 PM and it's been heaven. Ample parking, traffic-free aisles, checkout lanes 2-deep max. It's heaven.

Gripe: My favorite store has an ample local beer selection, but like 90% are IPA's. Pretty sure the only non-IPA's available in a case was Firestone Walker 805. The rest were in variety packs that contained at least one IPA. I have nothing against IPA's, but SoCal has such a great beer scene, it sucks that all of the shelf space is dedicated to one style of beer.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

That chicken would eat you if it could. PBUC.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah vegetarians are totally loving stupid. I’m not a total fuckhead that thinks you need to eat meat for every meal. I think it’s actually really smart to cut back vastly on meat just for health reasons and lessening the carbon footprint. Even if you hardly ever eat meat or basically not at all. To say that you will never eat a burger ever again under any circumstances is really loving stupid. Why create these “rules” to live by? So you can label yourself as something and feel like you belong?

You can never plan on eating meat and that’s great good for you. But your gonna totally rule it out and say that you’ll never ever touch a meat of any type again? Who gives a gently caress if 20 years from now you eat a chicken wing at an office party or a kids birthday. Or a goddamn shrimp or something, like get the gently caress over yourself.

nmagness
Sep 16, 2013

Harton posted:

Yeah vegetarians are totally loving stupid. I’m not a total fuckhead that thinks you need to eat meat for every meal. I think it’s actually really smart to cut back vastly on meat just for health reasons and lessening the carbon footprint. Even if you hardly ever eat meat or basically not at all. To say that you will never eat a burger ever again under any circumstances is really loving stupid. Why create these “rules” to live by? So you can label yourself as something and feel like you belong?

You can never plan on eating meat and that’s great good for you. But your gonna totally rule it out and say that you’ll never ever touch a meat of any type again? Who gives a gently caress if 20 years from now you eat a chicken wing at an office party or a kids birthday. Or a goddamn shrimp or something, like get the gently caress over yourself.

Source?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Don't you loving assholes dare start a vegetarian debate in this blessed thread.

Eat a dog or eat a slice of (vegetarian?) cheese pizza.

PBUC

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The church welcomes and accommodates all dietary choices under its hallowed roof.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i wonder what would be like the open and secret rituals of the sco

like, there would be the sunday dog and that would be an open ritual that you could tell your auntie bob about but there would also be dark chantings of blood under a moonlit night, with ecstatic dancing and knives and goats in the woods

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Praise be, my co is going to start opening at 9 am instead of 10!!

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

The Midniter posted:

Costcotip: check your own receipts carefully for the time being. Got charged for an extra pack of canned chicken, and the guy at the podium taking care of the refund said they had a brand new register system and were still getting used to it. Not sure if it's nationwide or just my 'Stco, but word to the wise.

This happened to me too. It was an item that had a coupon so we were erroneously charged for a second item and the coupon was automatically added on, the cashier realized the error, removed the item, but the $6 off coupon stayed. It feels a little like stealing from the collection plate, but it’s my fiancé’s account and there’s no way he’ll go back and wait in line at the service counter to fix it, so :shrug:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
My fiancé and I are specifically budgeting around having a Costco membership for when we move to the states

Can’t wait to have an 800 calorie slice of pizza (surprisingly low!)

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Pondering about those pups.

Also Co jeans are pretty good for the price.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

My Costco sells delicious imported Belgian beers, 375ml, for around $12 a bottle.

They're fuckin amazing, would recommend. You can't drink them in the store, so take your dog to go if you want a dog/Trippel pairing.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Prime NY Strips, precut and packaged, about $11 per pound.

An entire prime strip loin, $7.99 per pound.

Cut it up yourself into 14ish ounce steaks, vacuum seal them, and have the end pieces left over for delicious steak fajitas, you get 10 prime NY Strips for about $8 each. By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

Only cost effective if you already own a vacuum sealer. But then, why don't you?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats some high level costco skillz right there

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

GORDON posted:

Prime NY Strips, precut and packaged, about $11 per pound.

An entire prime strip loin, $7.99 per pound.

Cut it up yourself into 14ish ounce steaks, vacuum seal them, and have the end pieces left over for delicious steak fajitas, you get 10 prime NY Strips for about $8 each. By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

Only cost effective if you already own a vacuum sealer. But then, why don't you?

That is a PRO Costco post right there. Nice

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Their meat department is full of stuff like that.

Their ground beef is sold in ~6 lb packs for $3 a pound which was 50 cents per pound cheaper than my local grocer whose price was already on sale.

Weight out the pack into 1 pound blobs, place into freezer bags, press them out flat, then freeze until needed. Freezing them flat makes them thaw quickly when needed (I've thawed them in less than 30 min under a slow trickle of cool water).

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Huge_Midget posted:

Been thinking about a dog all weekend. Had to get gas. It was the logical conclusion.

PBUC

Hail our savings and dogs overlords. PBUC!

I'm doggin' later today you guys.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
chillin at 4AM watching costco videos, PBUC

brainin' bout them brats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wyyBscE_g

look how soft that cream cheese icing is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CprE-1ZDmFg

and the grand finale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8viAY2j1j_A

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Teikanmi posted:

chillin at 4AM watching costco videos, PBUC

brainin' bout them brats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wyyBscE_g

look how soft that cream cheese icing is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CprE-1ZDmFg

and the grand finale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8viAY2j1j_A

Man now I've got an erection at work, thanks a lot

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzxK0Knyhyo

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

don't dox me

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Money is about to get murderously, razor margin paycheck to paycheck tight, so suddenly needing to save and basically not eat or buy food for three months is pretty alright since one paycheck stopoff can usually load me safe for a month

Just gonna buy gross bags of nuts n' fruit for light subsistence snacking along with protein bars and lots of little salad maker bits and pretend my local mart I blow too much on for dumb poo poo no longer exists

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Black August posted:

Money is about to get murderously, razor margin paycheck to paycheck tight, so suddenly needing to save and basically not eat or buy food for three months is pretty alright since one paycheck stopoff can usually load me safe for a month

Just gonna buy gross bags of nuts n' fruit for light subsistence snacking along with protein bars and lots of little salad maker bits and pretend my local mart I blow too much on for dumb poo poo no longer exists

Pick up a 25 pound bag of flour and take up breadmaking. It's a cheap hobby and surprisingly easy, especially with no-knead techniques.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Laterite posted:

The church welcomes and accommodates all dietary choices under its hallowed roof.

Paleo Vegans can go gently caress themselves tho.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Costco chicken + Costco caesar salad yet again blowing my balls into orbit with freshly baked Costco ciabatta.... gently caress. God drat. Piss.

Why so good?????!!!!

and yes!!1 i read that article where its just full of delicious MSG!~

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Wirth1000 posted:

Costco chicken + Costco caesar salad yet again blowing my balls into orbit with freshly baked Costco ciabatta.... gently caress. God drat. Piss.

Why so good?????!!!!

and yes!!1 i read that article where its just full of delicious MSG!~

I also read that article, but the last time I picked one up I checked the ingredients list and I didn't see it listed. But I did see some nutjob MSG site that listed a million other ingredients that were supposedly secret ways to sneak in MSG, so maybe it has one of those? Either way, double-blind tests showed that the whole MSG is terrible thing is bullshit, so who cares?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Msg is fine, especially if it makes food taste better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I love Costco.