Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

Nah they're paying him out in full

It isn’t all included in their cap though*

*i think

Anyway they forced him out because he is poo poo relative to how much cap space he was occupying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It is all included in their cap, it's just less because there's no match payments or other bonuses

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
He was forced out because Longmire hates him with a burning passion and so do most of the players

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sinclair is capable, but they'll need two.

Some of these Journo Ladder Predictions are :laffo:

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 7, 2018

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Wasn't Sinclair's best year when he was carrying the ruck load solo? He might be a Stef Martin type who needs the responsibility.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"ENGLISH Premier League-style short-term player loans could be introduced this year as the AFL continues its push for a mid-season player movement period."

No, please don't model anything after the premier league.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I like the idea of loans except that it will save Sydney from its current state of self ownage

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I mean it sucks that Nasmith is out for the season but Sydney chose to force Tippett out and then begged for sympathy afterwards. Their wounds are self inflicted

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I like the idea of someone from the Black Diamond league being called up as an enforcer for two weeks

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Short term loans but limited to country leagues might actually be a fun thing to watch.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/03/07/major-finals-shake-up-on-the-cards-for-2019/

I'm torn about this.

You could argue that it gives less teams a guaranteed finals spot (from 8 down to 6), which rewards better performance. The flipside argument is that it rewards mediocrity by expanding the amount of teams who qualify to make 'finals' (8 up to 10). More teams will now qualify for finals than those who miss out, which is stupid.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

In even stupider news, Eddie McGuire says something stupid.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/en...307-p4z36p.html

gently caress the both of them.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

In even stupider news, Eddie McGuire says something stupid.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/en...307-p4z36p.html

gently caress the both of them.

Caroline Wilson wins two Walkleys for reporting on the Essendon Drug Scandal.

Sam Newman wins a Walkley for ... umm ... just telling it like it is, y'know? He also talked about HIV once.

I'm sure a proud and serious organisation like the Walkley Foundation would see the obvious merit here.

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 8, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I’m shocked to see a Collingwood president stand up for racists

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I hadn't seen a photo of sam newman in years, he looks really loving weird these days. Seems like they've been pulling the skin on the back of his head even harder.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sorry hawks, we're the power rangers now.
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/971635301608140800
That or our AFLX guernseys showed up late

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
You need 3 more to form the megazord, but there isn't a pink team in the league so I think you're a bit hosed tbh

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

You need 3 more to form the megazord, but there isn't a pink team in the league so I think you're a bit hosed tbh

Demons. The hawks have a pink jumper too, but we can’t be two parts.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Football bad.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I was cooking football and doing some plastering for the first half, then tuned in for the 3rd quarter.

I agree, football bad.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Stalking horse Cal Twomey signposting the AFLs new plan to take away Next Generation Academy protected draft selections from teams, but still keep charging them the money to run the operation

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I can't wait to see how the demons crumble under the weight of expectations this year

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

I can't wait to see how the demons crumble under the weight of expectations this year

Needing only one win or draw from the last ten rounds to guarantee finals, the demons players realise they already made plans for September and throw every match.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I accidentally flicked to the Footy Show and Billy Brownless and Shane Crawford were having a rap battle in the middle of the crowd.

2018, what a time we live in.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Windmill Hut posted:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/03/07/major-finals-shake-up-on-the-cards-for-2019/

I'm torn about this.

You could argue that it gives less teams a guaranteed finals spot (from 8 down to 6), which rewards better performance. The flipside argument is that it rewards mediocrity by expanding the amount of teams who qualify to make 'finals' (8 up to 10). More teams will now qualify for finals than those who miss out, which is stupid.
It is stupid and kind of makes that last home-and-away round a wash if the middling teams get a second chance, but it's preferable to 17/5 though (they probably still want to do that too).

EDIT: Oh Garry Lyon said this OK (takes with grain of salt)

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 8, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Crow girl goes on the ground to take possession of the ball, afterwards a Docker girl runs into her and falls on her back, whistle is taking out the legs and an easy shot at goal for Freo, well done academy umpires

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I like Eloise Jones, she looks like she has a tolerance for bullshit forged on SA, one idiotic decision from the umpire away from launching into a full on verbal spray

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Melbchief/status/972015441534009345

*sad trombone*

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Good win from the Crows, keeps faint hopes alive. One legged Phillips still decisive.

quote:

Sam Newman looked to be back to his old tricks, taking aim at Herald Sun columnist Susie O’Brien with a series of derogatory remarks.

Newman’s barbs included “I am keeping her in business, I reckon she wishes I would chat her up” and “I don’t think she has ever got to worry about the #MeToo movement because I don’t think that will ever visit her”.

How is he still allowed to be on the air anyway

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yay Crows are 2nd on the ladder for the next 18 hours or whatever.

Also people should all just agree to stop listening to anything Sam says or watching anything he's on or caring about his opinion on anything ever.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

"Women's football is too soft, they don't go in hard, and that's why no one watches it"

https://twitter.com/Adelaide_FC/status/972057494980718592

"Something needs to be done about the rules in women's footy to reduce contact, people don't want to see women hurt and bleeding, and that's why no one watches it"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

How does she keep getting so busted up lol, is she tackling in a certain way like throwing her face into peoples oncoming shoulders?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This time she was chasing and tackling a Docker player, and in the process of kicking the ball the Docker threw her arm back and caught Marinoff in the face with an elbow

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
173k viewers means the old duck probably aint long for this world. 24 years is a heck of a run but I havent watched the show since the early aughts I'd say.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

More people were watching television about people watching television

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

The Deadly Hume posted:

More people were watching television about people watching television

Post modernism has taken over

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

hiddenmovement posted:

173k viewers means the old duck probably aint long for this world. 24 years is a heck of a run but I havent watched the show since the early aughts I'd say.

Channel 9 are dumb as bricks. The show needs an entire cleanout of everyone and start afresh.

Chris Judd is about the only inspired inclusion theyve thought of in a long time.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
The weird thing is that there are heaps of people with well thought out football opinions out there but they have Sam Newman and Eddie McGuire on there

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

oh hey the seasons alive again thanks pies (that felt gross)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

this male commentator is maybe the worst I've ever heard