Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would have bought a million dollars of taco bell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Croatoan posted:

Agreed. The cars or weed are goods and are part of an economic system. Burning money in some nihilistic artistic bullshit is stupid as gently caress.

It is definitely arguably stupid, but it is not morally wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/971159438609600512

Yeah well you just have to flush again

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That blonde older brother was playing teen high school characters for the next 10 years after the show was over.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I always get confused and think Joseph Gordon Levitt was on Home Improvement instead of Third Rock From The Sun.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Didn't one of the kids divorce his parents and go psycho bible thumper and marry into cult or something?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

:master:

Didn't they bring back Home Improvement anyway, just with a different name? And then it got like, six seasons?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everybody in that picture looks like a cardboard cutout.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

IRQ posted:

Didn't one of the kids divorce his parents and go psycho bible thumper and marry into cult or something?

The kid from 2 1/2 Men

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The youngest kid from Home Improvement definitely got weird, marrying a woman like 17 years older than him, suing his parents to get his money and then ending up in a messy divorce with his much older wife.

The one from 2 1/2 Men was the one who joined a fringe religious group I believe.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The last thing I heard about the youngest kid from Home Improvement was that he turned into a total hippie. Went full vegan, was working in sustainable farming, married someone like twice his age (although I think they got divorced), etc.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't done any acting since Home Improvement ended or shortly after.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

precision posted:

That's not even the most awesome thing the KLF did!

They hired a thrash metal band to perform with them as part of their departure from the music industry!

Then they burned the million quid they made off that single

I loving love the KLF. Best (and, possibly, only?) Discordian band ever.

Yeah, they pulled some daft stunt last year too. My friend is one of the touring musicians for Extreme Noise Terror these days. I should demand he does a reunion.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Tomorrow, Imma let Jessica Jones season 2 be inside me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Huh, usually they come out on Fridays

CNN Review posted:

The result, initially, drops "Jessica Jones" from the top tier into the shallower end of the Marvel-Netflix gene pool, joining "Iron Fist" and "The Punisher." At the very least, it feels like the producers are trying to tease out about six hours worth of story over 13, counting on binge-happy viewers to stick with them.

Punisher bottom tier eh

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 7, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tomorrow's International Women's Day, that's why it's Thursday

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

zoux posted:

Punisher bottom tier eh

To be fair, stretching 6 hours of content into 13 is a valid criticism of every Marvel Netflix show except maybe Daredevil season 1.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

swickles posted:

To be fair, stretching 6 hours of content into 13 is a valid criticism of every Marvel Netflix show except maybe Daredevil season 1.

OH WHAT ABOUT DEFENDERS EH

Also they've only seen the first five episodes so

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

Also they've only seen the first five episodes so

Yeah saying they stretch out the episode count without even having seen most of the episodes is kind of baffling.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Every Marvel season could stand to be a bit shorter for sure but I don't think it's as crushing a problem as people make it out to be.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“Go beat off in the corner, ‘cause I don’t give a dead moose’s last poo poo.” is a real line of dialogue from Jessica Jones season 2

it’s gonna be bad

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

zoux posted:

Punisher bottom tier eh

yeah, that's horseshit. Punisher s1 is the second-best of the Netflix Marvel series. I'll be fine with JJs2 as long as it's atmospheric, thematically interesting, and doesn't pull any stupid villain bait-and-switches (like, every series so far has done this except the first seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

look, it's Cottonmouth, he's the bad gu-oh no it's Mariah who's - oh no it's Diamondback
look, Gao's totally the bad guy of Iron Fist, except wait....who's this Bakuto douchebag. wait, no. He's dead. IT WAS HAROLD MEACHUM ALL ALONG
look this Alexandra lady is totally scary, man, it's going to be cool seeing the heroes take her...oh, Elektra killed her????

even Punisher kinda does this, although it's more effective because Billy Russo gets a full season of buildup, and is a superior antagonist to Agent Orange anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Punisher is the best Netflix Marvel show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Madani is hot

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I enjoyed Punisher more than I thought I would. I thought he was great for his short stint in Daredevil but I had thought I had my fill by the end. But they had really nice moments and had fewer "mow down shemps" episodes so I stayed engaged throughout. Nice stuff and nice villains.

I'm five episodes into The Runaways and I think it might be a very bad show. I was into the non-superhero tone and pace for most of the pilot episode and it keeps getting worse as I go in. Like they introduced time travel in the span of two minutes and used it for a throwaway "high stakes" imagery before discarding it.

Is there some rainbow on the horizon or should I move onto Inhumans to see if it lives up to its reputation?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Ape Agitator posted:

I'm five episodes into The Runaways and I think it might be a very bad show. I was into the non-superhero tone and pace for most of the pilot episode and it keeps getting worse as I go in. Like they introduced time travel in the span of two minutes and used it for a throwaway "high stakes" imagery before discarding it.

Is there some rainbow on the horizon or should I move onto Inhumans to see if it lives up to its reputation?

Runaways is a very bad show, and not in any kind of interesting way.

Inhumans is a hilariously bad show, but isn't quite bad enough to be enjoyed on that level. (It's no Olympus.)

(But between them, I'd honestly pick Inhumans.)

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I lasted about 3 episodes into Runaways before bailing. I have no idea why it got so much critical praise.

Re: Home Improvement reboot; Jill better have divorced Tim's rear end or I will be sorely disappointed.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Runaways’ cast is actually quite good.

But that’s pretty much it. The dialog is the usual melodramatic, overwritten nonsense you get out of any teen show, plot progression is almost nonexistent, and anytime anyone does anything super it’s not well done and feels like an afterthought.

Other shows have done the balancing teen life and superpowers better, and it doesn’t really seem like the show runners are particularly interested in the teens—most of the arcs are about their parents, with some teen drama stuff (Molly wants to be a cheerleader today for some reason!) tossed in as an afterthought.

I think the pilot got really good reviews because it was a pretty good adaption of the first issue of the comic book series, and critics and fans alike were optimistic that the rest of the season would follow the rest of the comic. Even though the next few episodes... didn’t, I kept watching was because I was hoping that they’d stop spinning their wheels eventually and get to the... “moment” that the comic is famous for but by the finale, plot-wise they’d only made it to the end of the second issue.

After watching the show, and revisiting the entire run of the comics, I’m thinking that the only person who actually knows how to write Runaways properly is Brian K Vaughn himself. Which sucks, because I love the characters, concept and setting of his original run and I’d love to see it done justice in another medium.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I haven't watched marvel Netflix since Luke Cage but JJ season one was my favorite so I'm definitely giving two a chance. Hopefully not watching the latest 3 shows won't matter too much.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Punisher is a standalone series and makes zero references to any magic or ninja stuff. I don't remember any references to Marvel actually.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't watch that one cause I just don't like the Punisher in general

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why do you hate America

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

If nothing else the Punisher series introduced me to the song "Wish It Was True" by the White Buffalo, which is really great and thematically in line with the show's commentary on the treatment of veterans.

Also the show itself was just generally really good, at least my third favorite season of Netflix Marvel stuff

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

The Punisher is a standalone series and makes zero references to any magic or ninja stuff. I don't remember any references to Marvel actually.

Karen Page is in it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I meant more like shoehorned references to calling Thor or Iron Man for help. Karen Page barely counts as a character. She changes to whatever the show needs her to be, either an office assistant or a journalist, or in the next one I'm sure it will change again. Also the writers used her to rail against gun control.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

All this talk about bad marvel shows makes me anxious about the Cloak and Dagger series on freeform.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I somehow have 27", 14", and 13" CRT TVs sitting in the basement. I'm moving in a few weeks and I just hope some will buy them for like $50.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really don't get complaints so far that JJ season 2 is too slow in the episodes screened for critics.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Legion is pretty much the only comic book TV show I can remotely tolerate. Like, aping the Oldboy hallway scene but not as good + poo poo like that doesn't really impress me enough. There's too much to binge, too much to watch, too much media, so there's nothing wrong with hyper critical snobby standards these days. I mean poo poo I still haven't taken the time to watch Better Call Saul or The Wire yet (or The Shield but I have the feeling that's less urgent...)
Disappointing to hear Runaways is bad though, since that is the rare comic book thing where I'm familiar with and enjoyed its source material. A waste.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I worked it out, the reason we didn't catch UBL is because of all the agents loving boring private lives taking up all their time holy poo poo this episode was pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TV Zombie posted:

All this talk about bad marvel shows makes me anxious about the Cloak and Dagger series on freeform.

It’s a show on Freeform and is about Cloak and Dagger so... yeah, I have no hopes that the series will be any good at all.