Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Josh Lyman posted:

I somehow have 27", 14", and 13" CRT TVs sitting in the basement. I'm moving in a few weeks and I just hope some will buy them for like $50.

If you are lucky, you might be able to pay someone $50 to take them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bull3964 posted:

But sir, what about your AUTHENTIC RETRO GAMING EXPERIENCE???

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bull3964 posted:

I like the apartment method of getting rid of things: Leave them to the hallway.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Best Buy takes CRT's under 32" for $25/ea so yeah maybe find a sucker.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is there even any legitimate use for a CRT in 2018 other than an obsessive retro gamer who will never see my Facebook/Craigslist ad?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

I really don't get complaints so far that JJ season 2 is too slow in the episodes screened for critics.

Literally nothing has ever surprised me less.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Josh Lyman posted:

Is there even any legitimate use for a CRT in 2018 other than an obsessive retro gamer who will never see my Facebook/Craigslist ad?

Dismantle it for parts

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Josh Lyman posted:

My roommate still uses a 27" one, I recently got my dad's old 47" LCD and she refuses to switch over to my old 32" LCD.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

Literally nothing has ever surprised me less.

Hey dude I really don't wanna have this conversation again but if you're going to continue to passive-aggressively mock me for liking a show, especially when you haven't even seen the season I'm talking about, kindly consider loving off instead

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

My roommate still uses a 27" one, I recently got my dad's old 47" LCD and she refuses to switch over to my old 32" LCD.
Dat color spectrum and contrast ratio tho

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Josh Lyman posted:

The vacuum tubes probably explode pretty cool if thrown off of something.

But you shouldn't do that on account of the lead and poo poo in them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I haven't finished Handmaid's Tale yet and JJ coming out a day early means there's too much STRONG FEMINIST TELEVISION to watch (it's as good as everyone says though even if the premise is a bit farfetched)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Dismantle it for parts

Using the focusing lens from a big screen projection TV to build a solar death ray ftw...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/971763423854854145

You might be surprised to learn this is somewhat of an Online Controversy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t imagine having any sort of strong opinion on this one way or the other.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

Didn't he also do Revolution which everyone agrees stank hard after the first episode?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh sorry, the controversy has nothing to do with Favreau's talent or concern about the quality of the show.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Hakkesshu posted:

Every Marvel season could stand to be a bit shorter for sure but I don't think it's as crushing a problem as people make it out to be.

Oh it was a crushing problem with Jessica Jones season 1. That show had so much potential, but by the time I got to the last episode I never ever wanted to see another episode of JJ again. It is a bad show.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
And now for some more fighting about Star Wars.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Favreau is the embodiment of the 40 degree day.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My favorite Marvel show is JJ.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JJ,,,,, is good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

And now for some more fighting about Star Wars.

Wrong it's time for fighting about Marvel shows!

Mu Zeta posted:

Favreau is the embodiment of the 40 degree day.

He's gonna be on the motherfucker LIKE A 40 DEGREE DAY

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman are hosting a reality show on NBC centered around arts and crafts and holy poo poo I am actually going to watch a reality TV show.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/07/making-...rtainmentweekly

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Arist posted:

JJ,,,,, is good

Abrams?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I can’t imagine having any sort of strong opinion on this one way or the other.

Diversity of voices in filmmaking is very much in the zeitgeist at the moment, and Disney just announced its next in a long line of white guy directors on National Women's Day in Women's History Month, right after Black Panther just released to a massive success in Black History Month. A lot of people are going to have opinions, regardless of the merits of Favreau as a filimmaker.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Is Crazy Ex-girlfriend good? I watched a couple of episodes and still can't quite decide whether I like it or how much.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes it's great.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it’s good. And if you’ve watched ep 2 you’ve already had the worst song, so

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zoux posted:

I'm not sure I have it in me to care about another new Star Wars thing anymore

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TV Zombie posted:

All this talk about bad marvel shows makes me anxious about the Cloak and Dagger series on freeform.

:same:

the trailer actually looked decent from what i recall

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

Didn't he also do Revolution which everyone agrees stank hard after the first episode?

it actually recovered and got pretty drat good by the end of season 1/season 2 but everyone had already stopped watching

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

nate fisher posted:

Oh it was a crushing problem with Jessica Jones season 1. That show had so much potential, but by the time I got to the last episode I never ever wanted to see another episode of JJ again. It is a bad show.

Yeah, same. And it took me like a year to even bother watching the last 4 episodes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

swickles posted:

Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman are hosting a reality show on NBC centered around arts and crafts and holy poo poo I am actually going to watch a reality TV show.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/07/making-...rtainmentweekly

Come on, they're not calling it the Great American Make-Off? The reference is right there!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have an insanely hard time finding a CRT TV...

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have an insanely hard time finding a CRT TV...

Go to any local Goodwill. They'll probably have 4 or 5 at least.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Jessica Jones was so bad I couldn't even finish the first season. There are interesting ideas and a good cast, but the writing is awful and it's horribly paced. JJ is one of those shows where they only had enough story for a short arc or a movie, so they have to keep artificially extending the story by having everyone act like idiots. JJ would have been much better if the Killgrave stuff were condensed to the second half of the season and they spent the first half letting you settle in with the cast instead of immediately going full bore with the "this is a serious show about rape for adults" thing

I'm not really surprised that there's been virtually no hype for S2, JJ was so singlemindedly focused on the Killgrave story that I'm not sure what a second season would even entail.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
The Circle was bad. Also I have no idea why they changed the book ending. In the book Mae actually betrays Ty (the guy that Boyega plays in the movie), and she goes all-in with the 2 other founding partners (the ones played by Hanks and Oswalt) in pushing the Circle's idea of a lack of privacy.

Still while that ending would have been better nothing could have saved this movie.

HorseRenoir posted:

Jessica Jones was so bad I couldn't even finish the first season. There are interesting ideas and a good cast, but the writing is awful and it's horribly paced. JJ is one of those shows where they only had enough story for a short arc or a movie, so they have to keep artificially extending the story by having everyone act like idiots. JJ would have been much better if the Killgrave stuff were condensed to the second half of the season and they spent the first half letting you settle in with the cast instead of immediately going full bore with the "this is a serious show about rape for adults" thing

I'm not really surprised that there's been virtually no hype for S2, JJ was so singlemindedly focused on the Killgrave story that I'm not sure what a second season would even entail.

I don't know if you made it to the hospital showdown, but for a second I was like 'oh this is all going to be worth it'. Instead this whole setup was nothing more than a 'wet fart'.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 8, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

HorseRenoir posted:

I would have loved for the first half of JJ to be Jessica doing sleuth work as we get to know her and Trish, etc. Slowly tie her case(s) into the Killgrave stuff instead of going straight into it and dragging it out all season. Either that or have SOMETHING else for Killgrave to do other than keep getting away b/c it takes Jessica six episodes to realize maybe the collateral damage isn't worth avoiding the guilt of just killing him already.

I also would have loved for JJ to be played by someone else, but eh. Ritter is great for most of it, I just don't buy it when she tries to sell vulnerable and dramatic stuff. She's great at the sarcastic, drunk rear end in a top hat stuff tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some people feeling emboldened to post their extremely wrong opinions today I see