Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

warrior priest?

is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Just wanna crack open some raki with the drengbarazi.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

yo yo you folks playing the stealthy characters like the huntsman and the dorf ranger — your stealth makes you basically sneak attack guys for some time with ranged weapons, ignoring armor. It lets you shotgun chaos warriors n' poo poo, it's great

I didn't mention the elf because nobody cares

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Also because her's sucks.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

kaleedity posted:

yo yo you folks playing the stealthy characters like the huntsman and the dorf ranger — your stealth makes you basically sneak attack guys for some time with ranged weapons, ignoring armor. It lets you shotgun chaos warriors n' poo poo, it's great

I didn't mention the elf because nobody cares

in beta at least this is because bardin's poo poo gave him a guaranteed crit coming out of stealth (or functionally so, anyway, according to the dummies in the keep) - dunno if this has changed since apparently a lot has changed in the release version.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Rayjenkins posted:

Still liked whoever called it Ratboys 2: Enter The Rotboys.
;-*

Super pumped for this 20gb download to finish at 2am while I’m asleep and then I’m away til Tuesday! Guess I’ll entertain myself in a Skaven Total Warhammer campaign. That rat ogre spawning in your face when the dwarf’s a muffled growling lump beneath an assassin, Kruber’s on a hook and the elf is three arenas away sniping slaverats to pump their stats?

You’re welcome.

Edit: ^^ amazing

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

holy poo poo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

rip and tear your dongliz

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vermintide is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-rat cooperative e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Warhammer Heroes!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
IMPORTANT NOTE: Sienna actually got kicked out of wizard school. She's a middle aged wizard dropout and she's the best.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

THAT RAT OGRE IS HUGE! HE MUST HAVE HUGE GUTS! RIP AND TEAR!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is different between the beta and final release? What new if any game modes have been added and maps?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I said come in! posted:

What is different between the beta and final release? What new if any game modes have been added and maps?

A few patches and a few maps

maybe a balance change

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Grondoth posted:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Sienna actually got kicked out of wizard school. She's a middle aged wizard dropout and she's the best.
that girl has not been middle aged for about 10 years or so my dude

you are 100% correct about her bestness tho

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Grondoth posted:

and an addict, a near product of the school to prison pipeline were it not for the end times allowing her to overcome grievous systemic discrimination and

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

I said come in! posted:

13 maps instead of 4, including 3 (?) other map specific bosses (I think you see them all on the ride in the tutorial, the Chaos warrior that you fight in War Camp, the grey seer, the Sorceror lord, and the Skaven warlord)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Coolguye posted:

that girl has not been middle aged for about 10 years or so my dude

you are 100% correct about her bestness tho

I'm sure she's not older than her late 40s. The warhammer world adds like 20 years to people.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

she's honestly more of a Cool Fire Aunt than a Fire Grandma

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

and an addict, a near product of the school to prison pipeline were it not for the end times allowing her to overcome grievous systemic discrimination and

i think it's supposed to be a thing that all wizards are addicted to the winds of magic flowing through them to some extent

which really puts things into perspective in terms of the warhammer world since basically everything that wizards do is the equivalent of them snorting a line of coke

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

she played too much dancing & darlings in school :shrug:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

everyone in vermintide is an ugly old person and that owns

Except new kruber who apparently de-aged his beard straight from grey to brown in between games

so how’d that happen

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Vermintide 2 is the heart warming sequel to the tale of an angsty teen finding her way in the world with the help of her 3 gay uncles and pyromaniac aunt.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Digirat posted:

everyone in vermintide is an ugly old person and that owns

Except new kruber who apparently de-aged his beard straight from grey to brown in between games

so how’d that happen

booze

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Rayjenkins posted:

Vermintide 2 is the heart warming sequel to the tale of an angsty teen finding her way in the world with the help of her 3 gay uncles and pyromaniac aunt.

Cease your attempts to humanize the elf. This is NOT canon!!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

NeurosisHead posted:

Sienna is best described as an addict who has been told she needs to do this entire pile of cocaine to save the world, except the cocaine is fire and she needs to put it on rats.

She's having a very good month.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Haha, it's an entirely new client evidently.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They're not providing patch notes for 1.0, but apparently the Elf's regen only works for up to 50% health now.

Has anyone tested Huntsman Kruber yet? Did they ruin him?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Coolguye posted:

i think it's supposed to be a thing that all wizards are addicted to the winds of magic flowing through them to some extent

which really puts things into perspective in terms of the warhammer world since basically everything that wizards do is the equivalent of them snorting a line of coke

This pretty much. It’s why sanctioned wizards are under heavy scrutiny and unsanctioned ones that don’t go through a college of magic are hunted down and killed. The winds of magic flow directly from chaos and Tzneetch, the one most aligned with the ever changing winds, has a nasty habit of whispering of power, knowledge, and true control of the winds as a way of preying on Wizard addictions to get them to fall to Chaos. For Bright Wizards there’s also the fact their addiction has the added bonus that if they give in to much to their magic they have a habit of bursting into flames from the inside out, sometimes in a fireball big enough to take out entire regiments in armies!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

extremely good to have to redownload the whole game imo. love to have bad internet.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also human wizards were specifically taught a style of magic that lets you learn awesome spells in a human's lifespan. Elves don't use this style because it drives the user insane after about a century or two. But with humans? Nobody cares, pass the coke and watch as I start to literally turn into fire because I like fire so loving much.

Warhammer wizards are great.

E: Basically what I'm getting at is that Warhammer is a fantasy setting where every single wizard in it aspires to be airbrushed onto someone's van, doing something metal.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 8, 2018

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

juggalo baby coffin posted:

extremely good to have to redownload the whole game imo. love to have bad internet.

I hope it redownloads itself for me while I'm at work. Kind of excited to see how close I get to my 500gb monthly limit with this game, FF VX, and normal Netflix and poo poo.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

its really annoying to have to download assets i already have just to update some text files and maps

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
why in the poo poo is there fifteen steam cards

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
drat it I still can't hang pictures in these empty frames. :argh:

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015
My first match on 1.0 and i did horribly-ish this bodes well for the future

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Estranged On The Range posted:

My first match on 1.0 and i did horribly-ish this bodes well for the future

The only place to go is up from there though! Or down into a crater. Let’s hope for up

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
And to carry over from the other thread

Q: How do I melee properly?
A: Stop holding W and try dodging.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Zhulik posted:

Cease your attempts to humanize the elf. This is NOT canon!!

Look she’s only like 117 she’s still learning how the world works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

They altered Bounty Hunter so that it's 10 seconds per crit shot rather than 8... but also kept the "reset on melee kill" part. Talents unchanged. Whew lad

And can confirm that elf only heals up to 50% now, but it's unclear if the regen talent increases that.