Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Got the Outbreak Ash Elite skin on my 3rd free gamble crate, I feel like I got my money's worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Penpal posted:

Got the Outbreak Ash Elite skin on my 3rd free gamble crate, I feel like I got my money's worth

Why? It's a worse version of the one that everyone got for free?

On the flip side the game randomly gave me 4 additional free outbreak packs, and I got the Retro Steel legendary, which is the only thing I actually wanted, so that's neat.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
so i just dropped :10bux: on these packs out of curiosity and well...

they ain't that bad imo :allears:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Thief posted:

Yeah I got that one and Lion's Vector one, plus two purples I forget out of my four welfare packs. :smugdog:

I don't feel the need to spend my credits to fish through 46 packs of poo poo for the two Universal Skins that I would actually want.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Got 4 more free packs today, still no universal skin but free is free...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Minrad posted:

people are still being racist as poo poo and I just watched a guy named "iKillAllJew" c4 himself and two other people before leaving, so I'm not exactly seeing any action from ubisoft yet

I haven't seen anyone spam slurs in chat since the patch (though that's totally anecdotal), and on patch night I saw about half a dozen "banned for toxic behaviour" notifications which were presumably from pre-Chimera reports. They probably just need some time to start reviewing the reports.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/zkh07

Man, I should have been dead so many times over. But the Luison keeps surprising me with how useful it is even at fairly long ranges. :allears:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
As long as you don't get banned for saying something is gay, then I'm cool with it.

This opinion brought to you by Reddit

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

slap me and kiss me posted:

Kinda sad I'm never going to get to finish this

Not sure why but it seems to be worse when I play on the NA servers.
That said EU seems to be quite in chat/voicecomms in most games be it overwatch/etc

ClassicFascist posted:

On the flip side the game randomly gave me 4 additional free outbreak packs, and I got the Retro Steel legendary, which is the only thing I actually wanted, so that's neat.

I just want my first four freebies :(

Midtier
Mar 7, 2018

Salt of the Earth

Minrad posted:

how come when pulse turns on his gadget and looks at ela, there's no heartbeat

She died on the inside a long time ago, you can see it in those cold dead eyes.

Midtier
Mar 7, 2018

Salt of the Earth

Thief posted:

Is that red suit in the packs? I got a white one.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
It's the season skin that you can buy

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Krogort posted:

Is everyone getting that?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Krogort posted:

I think you got mine because I didn't get any at all yet

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

For the ash elite skin you had to log in and presumably play a match between Feb 10 or something and March 6th

They took a while to unlock but it should just be in your ash uniforms.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lots of people either don't know about or think it won't happen to them, with the new toxicity stuff. One of them said "Oh, you think slurs are toxic, how cute." then called me several of them.

:allears: Please don't disappoint me with this, Ubi.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Lots of people either don't know about or think it won't happen to them, with the new toxicity stuff. One of them said "Oh, you think slurs are toxic, how cute." then called me several of them.

Great opportunity to get rid of some shitters, my games have been either all silent no text or speech OR nonstop gibbering and slurs being thrown around

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah just use shadowplay and report them. I don't report often but when I do I have a clip of them being toxic provided.

Won 6 casual matches, played one ranked, it goes overtime and we lose. Rough stuff. Do most pc goons play ranked or casual?

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm starting to see a lot of "X was banned for Toxic behaviour" in the last 20 minutes :)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
"CommieLyncher91 was banned due to Toxic Behaviour"
It keeps happening.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
A tale in three acts:

Act 1

slap me and kiss me posted:

Kinda sad I'm never going to get to finish this

Act 2

Act 3

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

So epi acknowledged your post with all the toxic shitheads, and then a mod took it down because it had usernames and poo poo? Hahaha classic

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

they still need to just let people personally mute individual players but at least ubisoft can sell more copies of their game while simultaneously pandering to the average reddit user

Penpal posted:

Won 6 casual matches, played one ranked, it goes overtime and we lose. Rough stuff. Do most pc goons play ranked or casual?

goons like to race to highest rank they can asap but otherwise mostly default to casual because there tends to be an interesting diversity between active players. there are just as many bad and/or casual players that just dress up their cyber barbies and try stupid strats as there are people taking the game seriously. but you can certainly find a goon only group if you ask during peak hours

otherwise random solo placements in the first weeks are especially full of throwers trying to get into copper as easily as possible while others are ignoring the obj and abusing whoever is op or glitchable at the time to troll people that don't have the season pass

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Penpal posted:

So epi acknowledged your post with all the toxic shitheads, and then a mod took it down because it had usernames and poo poo? Hahaha classic

I checked their posting guidelines, they have an explicit moratorium on almost any screenshot that isn't meant to provide information relevant to gameplay. They do specifically state that they'll cull screenshots of a chat log regardless of content.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

its worth noting these are the same spergs running the "official" Siege discord whose volunteer mod team will seriously have a bot spam the 50 subchannel rules literally every chance they get over the most insignificant of infractions

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've been on the official Discord servers of a couple small Steam games (Oxygen Not Included, Subnautica) and I cannot even imagine what kind of a swamp the R6 one would be.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Penpal posted:

Yes, that's exactly it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ps4 crew!

Let's play tonight!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I've just had the most butt clenching game, down one player we turned a 0-3 into a 5-3 :psyduck: This is why I've been playing this game for over a year now, moments like this.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The Bananana posted:

Ps4 crew!

Let's play tonight!

I can probably make this happen.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

loving hell, I'm poo poo at this game! I can do the basic map knowledge, scouting and using my operator gadgets but I just get murdered in firefights. Always feel like I don't know where to land my shots and I get gakked immediately.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Flipswitch posted:

loving hell, I'm poo poo at this game! I can do the basic map knowledge, scouting and using my operator gadgets but I just get murdered in firefights. Always feel like I don't know where to land my shots and I get gakked immediately.

On defense just play Kapkan, Frost or Echo and let your gadgets do all the work. Sit in a corner with a shotgun and shoot anyone who comes in view.

On offense I dunno, pick Sledge and run around and open every window and hope your teammates make use of it. Or Hibana, there's basically no downside to always picking Hibana. I should probably get her.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

SpazmasterX posted:

I can probably make this happen.

Baller, someone to carry me

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thread title continues to be relevant in this post-Outbreak time

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Thief posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_OkCsexjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le94gwhacxk

once again ubi gave me exactly what i wanted immediately so idk if i can keep pretending like i hate these lootcrates

also lmfao the floating warlock mage things own and are clancyverse canon now

Out of the 4 free packs or whatever the gently caress you get mine were mostly meh but I did get the only helmet that lets you see Tchotchke's face a little

*edit* got this from an alpha pack

Basticle fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 9, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

his eyes look like his voice actor iirc

i guess a few of the operators do actually which is kinda neat

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

bewilderment posted:

On defense just play Kapkan, Frost or Echo and let your gadgets do all the work. Sit in a corner with a shotgun and shoot anyone who comes in view.

On offense I dunno, pick Sledge and run around and open every window and hope your teammates make use of it. Or Hibana, there's basically no downside to always picking Hibana. I should probably get her.
Kapkan is one of the operators I play a lot and do well-ish with, though I am struggling post buff to place all of his gadgets, I have a really bad habit of trying to place them as the attackers are entering the building. :v:

On the attackers, I tend to play mostly supportive ops, so IQ, Twitch, Dokkaebi and occasionally I bait myself into playing Ying or Jackal and get wrecked.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Can confirm that Lion, Dokeiebei and Fuze deploying their gadgets at the same time is a one way ticket to splattertown.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Flipswitch posted:

Kapkan is one of the operators I play a lot and do well-ish with, though I am struggling post buff to place all of his gadgets, I have a really bad habit of trying to place them as the attackers are entering the building. :v:

On the attackers, I tend to play mostly supportive ops, so IQ, Twitch, Dokkaebi and occasionally I bait myself into playing Ying or Jackal and get wrecked.

Jackal is great but you need to learn that the active version of his ability is very hit or miss (not in it's deployment but in that it can get you trapped/ killed by smart counter play). Just post up with his rifle and support a teammate pushing in and generally it works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, I've found so far he's really good but sometimes hard to capitalize on. I think I'm just bad at PC shooters in general. I am gonna start playing Finka once the initial hype has died down because I like the idea of her ability a lot.