Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They altered Bounty Hunter so that it's 10 seconds per crit shot rather than 8... but also kept the "reset on melee kill" part. Talents unchanged. Whew lad

those potential 2 extra seconds on my free hand-cranked triple railgun shots will be agony though, I tell you what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Who keeps leaving these bombs discarded in random crates/farmsheds/sewers/graveyards? This is extremely irresponsible in regards to explosives accountability.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Apparently they made Huntsman's ult unable to red crit, and it only lasts about half as long. Seems pretty useless now imo. Not sure what it's going to be good for in Champ+. It's a bummer too because the rest of Kruber's classes are pretty boring.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Little changes I noticed

-The UI is a bit cleaner in having information organized better.
-Shields for stamina are now orange :yay:
-Materials you currently own for crafting are always present in the crafting menu.
-Test dummy now uses numbers more in line with the End of Game stats instead of the mega numbers it had before.
-Dummy is also less buggy in general
-The lovely weapons they give you for leveling (so you always have one as a template to craft) have a more distinct icon
-Instead of cancelling the beam to charge, the beam staff now seemingly does nothing but generate a shitload of heat if you right click while beaming

Orv
May 4, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

Who keeps leaving these bombs discarded in random crates/farmsheds/sewers/graveyards? This is extremely irresponsible in regards to explosives accountability.

:warhammer!:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

its really annoying to have to download assets i already have just to update some text files and maps

the UI has been heavily redesigned in many places actually, i'm surprised at how different this is from the beta

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ChickenHeart posted:

I'm more wondering at the farmers who have crates of buckshot, cannonballs, balls, arrows, bolts, and gunpowder but no actual weapons.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I'm more wondering at the farmers who have crates of buckshot, cannonballs, balls, arrows, bolts, and gunpowder but no actual weapons.

they DID but things happen, you know

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
im surprised there isn't any grenade launchers

i mean those are actual things kruber people have flamethrowers why are you holding back

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

BH's extra ammo appears to be only an extra half load now, not double. Irrelevant with the crit-no-ammo perk, but whatever.

I do wish that the dummies were actual enemies from the game. It doesn't matter if my sword does 5 damage if I don't know how much health enemies have.

E. Legendary difficulty added :getin:

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 8, 2018

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Lightning weather effects are miserable. Any clue how to disable them possibly?

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

I didn't realise we'd get the first games skins as well, is that due to owning the Vermintide 1? In any case, mistaking the elf as a rat is back in :v:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
:rip::rip::rip: kruber's howitzer. i will miss you my darling

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

Just need to find an excuse to pop home to restart steam. I want to do butt stuff with flame when I get home.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Emalde posted:

:rip::rip::rip: kruber's howitzer. i will miss you my darling

did they get rid of the bass too? :ohdear:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Here's how to play Rat Game 2

- Pick Ranger Bardin so you can have double ammunition
- Get a 1H axe so you can be a can opener
- Get a fuckin GRUDGE RAKER

WELCOME TO HELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxGzsJKg8zw

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

Here's how to play Rat Game 2

- Pick Ranger Bardin so you can have double ammunition
- Get a 1H axe so you can be a can opener
- Get a fuckin GRUDGE RAKER

WELCOME TO HELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxGzsJKg8zw

if you are a doomdwarf veteran from VT1 you will be pleased to know that doomdwarf has never been more viable.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

the UI has been heavily redesigned in many places actually, i'm surprised at how different this is from the beta

I know we're supposed to be mortal enemies right now or something, but it never ceases to amaze me how fast Fatshark are with iterating through their game to fix and polish things up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

I know we're supposed to be mortal enemies right now or something, but it never ceases to amaze me how fast Fatshark are with iterating through their game to fix and polish things up.

homie

DeathSandwich posted:

Regardless, don't bring this drama into the new thread or I will lose my poo poo.
could you NOT

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

First chest I open in release is an orange, Fatshark is bribing me. What is the deal with the flail's charge attack?

E. not super impressed by Natural Bond trait. I guess if you have some perk health regen it's cool, but relying on having health kits for bursty damage is rough.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 8, 2018

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

berserkers got nerfed and/but plague rats spawn more

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

homie

could you NOT

It was meant to be taken as a bit of tongue in cheek humour so please take it that way.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

It was meant to be taken as a bit of tongue in cheek humour so please take it that way.

homie

could you NOT

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Coolguye posted:

homie

could you NOT

don't be weird weirdo

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I've been on a work trip so long I've missed the preorder beta and I still won't be home for a few days. I just want to smash rats. :smith:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
DON'T MAKE ME TURN THIS THREAD AROUND.

Stop trying to get parting shots in. Stop. Just stop.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Two mins into a non-beta map and I get so jammed into map geometry that I have to leave the game. *playtesting*

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

homie

could you NOT

I really hope you are doing OK.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Holy poo poo the axe sends people flying now, and can hit more than one rat! Smite motherfuckers with a hatchet every day.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
That wonderful feeling when a Chaos Spawn pops into being juuuuust to drop down from the roof of the bandit hideout exit as you get off the bridge, land on you and slap you so hard you think the game's still in Alpha as you careen back off the bridge into death.

(Though next game, I had one of the easiest times killing the drat thing with a potion of strength, an elf spear and benny hill music playing in my head, so hey ho)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DID THEY LEAVE THE HUNTSMAN SUBWOOFER BLUNDERBUSS IN OR NOT

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Cowcaster posted:

i want to say its still in because someone would have come in here mad about it otherwise

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Ruzihm posted:

i want to say its still in because someone would have come in here mad about it otherwise
unfortunately this is not the case, rip subwoofer

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Now that Kruber's Kannon has been nerfed, I might give a bow or rifle a shot and maybe play around more with Knight Kruber

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

career voices are still broken

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

career voices are still broken

honestly BH saltz should be using WHC voices anyway

when he goes full judge death pulling his magnum you loving believe him

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

correction; I think at round start one is chosen at random and it goes from there because knightly kruber keeps talking about woodsy stuff

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I got in a few games and almost closed out act 1. Except for Halescourge.

The boss at the end is a teleporting chaos sorcerer with boss armor and fast ranged wave attacks that act like troll bile when they hit you. Also apparently has some ability to immobilize party members like a special, and also has lots of little adds.

Wasn't fun yet, but there's still time I guess. Enjoyed pretty much everything otherwise.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Bounty Hunter Crit Ammo perk doesn't require a reload *single tear runs down cheek as I prostrate myself before god*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Even if they're borked atm, I still find it real cool they actually did career voices.