Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Dwarves share my enthusiasm for killing rat scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Ruzihm posted:

i want to say its still in because someone would have come in here mad about it otherwise

Emalde posted:

:rip::rip::rip: kruber's howitzer. i will miss you my darling

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

ah, i thought that was a comment about the power, not the audio :kiddo: my bad

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Even if they're borked atm, I still find it real cool they actually did career voices.

i wish that sienna and kerillian had them tho; assuming that they're not bugged and that im also not just missing hearing them somehow

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

steam group: Goonintide

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I feel like I am playing an entirely different, better game than the first technical test.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Mr. Pickles posted:

steam group: Goonintide

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonintide

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh hey you used my thread title suggestion yay. :3:

Can't wait to get home from work so I can ratfite.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
everyone's doing the f2 f2 head start thing at the start of maps now so its no longer fun

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i am annoyed that there is not just a single clip of saltzpyre screaming holy sigmar bless this ravaged body that i can spam my friends with on all of youtube

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Bardins Battlebrew talent has had it's icon changed to a bomb and thats what specials seem to have a chance of dropping now, but the tooltip and name are unchanged.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

dmboogie posted:

i wish that sienna and kerillian had them tho; assuming that they're not bugged and that im also not just missing hearing them somehow

Conceptually I feel like Sienna's are gonna sound pretty similar outside of Unchained, Kerillian's I dunno, if she has significantly different ones it could be Handmaiden making her no longer a poo poo and then Shade just being even more edgy.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I didn't play the first game but total warhammer convinced me to buy this

Wanna smash some fuckin rats

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Yardbomb posted:

Conceptually I feel like Sienna's are gonna sound pretty similar outside of Unchained, Kerillian's I dunno, if she has significantly different ones it could be Handmaiden making her no longer a poo poo and then Shade just being even more edgy.

If anything wouldn't the handmaiden be even more haughty and the shade be a more relatable "boy I sure love some murder!"

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ammanas posted:

I didn't play the first game but total warhammer convinced me to buy this

Wanna smash some fuckin rats

Congrats on your good decision.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

It's kinda weird how Warhammer is experiencing this sort of ip renaissance years later

Power of nostalgia plus underrated IP??

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ammanas posted:

It's kinda weird how Warhammer is experiencing this sort of ip renaissance years later

It turns out trying to keep it out of videogames was a huge loving mistake that got corrected when GW's old CEO got shitcanned.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ammanas posted:

More that Games Workshop doesn't defend the IP in the bizarre way that they do 40k, so things like VT got the opportunity to show that there is a market for it.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ammanas posted:

honestly I genuinely think it's that GW stopped worrying about videogames set in the Old World competing with their miniature sales + micromanaging things once they decided that they'd Sigmar everything up, which opened the door for people at game studios who liked the old IP to do things right

(since GW is currently bad at both game design and setting development)

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Does anyone have a video of the Kruber kannon I want to hear it and I never got the chance

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

CongoJack posted:

Does anyone have a video of the Kruber kannon I want to hear it and I never got the chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpAaHtNH7Ys

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

More that Games Workshop doesn't defend the IP in the bizarre way that they do 40k, so things like VT got the opportunity to show that there is a market for it.

Yep, given that Fatshark is OK at making games, unlike say, Mythic who managed to gently caress up both the MMO and the pvp-based Warhammer: wrath of heroes, which was an awesome game with great potential

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

Yep, given that Fatshark is OK at making games, unlike say, Mythic who managed to gently caress up both the MMO and the pvp-based Warhammer: wrath of heroes, which was an awesome game with great potential

Honestly Mythic wasn't the problem there, EA just crushed them over and over and over on Age of Reckoning, remember how they twisted their arm to release for the holidays, at a point where the game actually shipped missing classes because of it? Not to mention how basically every other update was "FIX THIS *Cuts staff*" followed by "QUICK FIX THIS *Cuts staff*" until Mythic were pretty much a stump. Game was a lot of fun but it was brutal watching EA grind them down.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Cowcaster posted:

i am annoyed that there is not just a single clip of saltzpyre screaming holy sigmar bless this ravaged body that i can spam my friends with on all of youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr-RAVozAM

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
holy poo poo man, bless this ravaged body

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Is full release out yet or is that tonight?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

it's out, you need to download 20gigs gogogoooo

Yardbomb posted:

Game was a lot of fun but it was brutal watching EA grind them down.

yeah, it was kinda awesome. We'd still be playing it :(

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Pubs are pretty bad at learning new maps. Vote kick is gonna get super abused.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't mind the careless whisper so much but i want one without all the distortion :colbert:

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

The ranger healing potion drop got taken out. It gives a grenade 1 in 3 now instead. All the range specs got hit pretty hard, which is probably good for the game, but I'm kinda sad I don't get double ammo anymore.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They sent a cease & desist to the largest fansite for the Warhammer MMO, which was so big it was the de facto forums for devs to hang out until Mythic opened their own.

GW is a pretty poo poo company.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mr. Pickles posted:

yeah, it was kinda awesome. We'd still be playing it :(

Without turning this into an MMO HMO thread, there's actually a pretty competent private server out there! Look up Return of Reckoning if you ever wanna take a stroll through the game again some time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Frustrated posted:

The ranger healing potion drop got taken out. It gives a grenade 1 in 3 now instead. All the range specs got hit pretty hard, which is probably good for the game, but I'm kinda sad I don't get double ammo anymore.

wait, what? i thought it was the potion one that got replaced.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The zealot and Elf look waaaaay too much like Skaven/Chaos sometimes.

Just saying, not my fault if I shoot you in the back sometimes.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Cowcaster posted:

i don't mind the careless whisper so much but i want one without all the distortion :colbert:

Don't say I never gave ya nothin': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m33YBG9MyFI

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Gamerofthegame posted:

correction; I think at round start one is chosen at random and it goes from there because knightly kruber keeps talking about woodsy stuff

its based on the host's classes

so if you host you can enjoy your class

i think

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Ammanas posted:

nah, games workshop still fucks plenty of things up. ask me about warhammer conquest :negative:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

This game is really hard, the mini bosses are incredibly tough

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

wait, what? i thought it was the potion one that got replaced.

So the left most talent still says healing draught, but it has an icon of a bomb and defintely gives bombs. I haven't tried the one on the right to see if it gives healing instead of potions though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It's funny how Stormvermin are almost quaint between the berserkers and the mini-chaos warriors. They go down easier than shieldrats.