Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Ammanas posted:

This game is really hard, the mini bosses are incredibly tough

Theyre brutal, just started this tonight and they really surprised me. The puking troll rat and the armoured rat with the horrid conjoined back-fetus in particular.

When I was lucky and joined a decent group its pretty easy but if 2 or more players are bad it gets rough quick.

Brasseye fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
So, did they nerf every class at release version, or just make the descriptions of their abilities and passives way less detailed?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Brasseye posted:

Theyre brutal, just started this tonight and they really surprised me. The puking troll rat and the armoured rat with the horrid conjoined back-fetus in particular.

Oh you poor soul, the chaos troll used to be SO MUCH worse, he's almost cute now comparatively. His puke used to be "lol hold block and pray" for how bad it crippled.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Zelmel posted:

So, did they nerf every class at release version, or just make the descriptions of their abilities and passives way less detailed?

If you pull up the character's talent tree it lists the sub-abilities right under the main ones on the top. I don't know why they changed it.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If you pull up the character's talent tree it lists the sub-abilities right under the main ones on the top. I don't know why they changed it.

Thanks. It looks like there's a ton of random little UI changes that may end up being largely for the better but are super weird right now.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Oh you poor soul, the chaos troll used to be SO MUCH worse, he's almost cute now comparatively. His puke used to be "lol hold block and pray" for how bad it crippled.

Jeez.. I only remember rat ogres from my time on the first game (and only played an hour or so of the beta) though so all this variety is a nice surprise.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Seems like instead of nerfs there've been a lot of buffs. Elf Spear is back to where it should be. Glaive has AP on light swings again.

But this is made up for the fact the enemies have been balanced heavily. And have you tried Legend?

All Ambient spawns become Stormvermin & Chaos Maulers. Otherwise it's doable but you need a very strict team and to avoid all idle poo poo in the map. And of course have a plan for the motherlode of specials.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Can anyone comment on how this game runs on an older video card? I have a 770 GTX and I am afraid my framerate will be complete poo poo.

(I'd like to upgrade, but the GPU market is all fucky right now.)

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Lunethex posted:

Seems like instead of nerfs there've been a lot of buffs. Elf Spear is back to where it should be. Glaive has AP on light swings again.

But this is made up for the fact the enemies have been balanced heavily. And have you tried Legend?

All Ambient spawns become Stormvermin & Chaos Maulers. Otherwise it's doable but you need a very strict team and to avoid all idle poo poo in the map. And of course have a plan for the motherlode of specials.

no fuckin' way.

Uh. On that note: does anyone know if the orange Barkskin trait procs on receiving temp HP still?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Just ran a vet game with a level 29 dwarf that was using Drakefire pistols and using the temp health on kill to cool the guns. Dude ended up with 213 kills, 14 of which were melee.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
lol I get to do the little tutorial again, I almost forgot how much I liked this

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Did they make the flaming sword charged attack come out a little quicker? I wanted to like it but it was so ridiculously slow.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brasseye posted:

When I was lucky and joined a decent group its pretty easy but if 2 or more players are bad it gets rough quick.

The puking troll is not a rat. He is just a troll.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Well, while I wait for this ungodly huge download, anyone mind answering a question? I thought I saw some friendly NPCs in some screenshots. Am I imagining things or are there little skirmishes in some levels?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Huntsman Kruber seems pretty lovely now. With a full prowl damage build I can only shoot a boss like 4 times with a shotgun, and it does like baaaaarely more damage than just shooting him normally. It doesn't buff damage really, and it barely works as an invis (things rarely drop aggro), so I'm not entirely sure what it is supposed to be good at. Kruber in general seems to be a lot worsem or at least way more boring than the other classes.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tagichatn posted:

Did they make the flaming sword charged attack come out a little quicker? I wanted to like it but it was so ridiculously slow.

are you holding it down the full duration? holding it down just long enough to turn it into a "charged" attack does the same exact damage

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
"chaos sorcerer is kind of rough" - someone in here

HOLY gently caress HE'S loving GOKU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

are you holding it down the full duration? holding it down just long enough to turn it into a "charged" attack does the same exact damage

No, I mean the time it takes between releasing the button and the attack to hit. Most other weapons hit pretty quickly but the flaming sword took like half a second. I wasn't even overcharged.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Flaming sword is probably my least favourite weapon and Sienna is my favorite character. it's brutal

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Just did a deed with the fiancee for Against the Grain where every roaming enemy was basically a Rotblood Marauder or Berserker, and there were no item pick-ups. It was only recruit difficulty but it was still really intense.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I didn't get to play enough of the first game but I am excited to pick Saltzpyre and screech at rats

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
For those of us at work what area the heroic deeds like?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

In the grand tradition of "gently caress pubbies", just had an elf player kick a dwarf for having the self-healing amulet and loving up his game because he wouldn't carry a health pack (he was carrying a tome and there were three more packs down the road)

Then I get kicked for calling him out on it.

Why do people get such a power trip on this game.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the only thing that i absolutely hate nowadays is how pubbies will gently caress around for 5 minutes trying to find a book they don't know the location of and basically loving up the game anyways because we waste so many resources in one spot for some poo poo that probably harms the party anyways. i can already tell we're going to lose if i join a veteran game with like a level 5 character and they're searching every bit of geometry for a second grimoire or whatever the hell.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Raged posted:

From what I can tell based on the two my other half has acquired, they're maps with some alteration to the play. Both the ones she's picked up say roaming enemies are replaced by stronger enemies and there's no item pick ups. Both are Recruit difficulty, but one was blue and one was green. We got an automatic Emperors box for completing plus rolled for a normal mission complete box

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

DreamShipWrecked posted:

In the grand tradition of "gently caress pubbies", just had an elf player kick a dwarf for having the self-healing amulet and loving up his game because he wouldn't carry a health pack (he was carrying a tome and there were three more packs down the road)

Then I get kicked for calling him out on it.

Why do people get such a power trip on this game.

I had been playing elf for ages and switched to the dwarf last week. Except for a select few people all elf players I have come across are assholes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Raged posted:

Simple mutators. Stuff like "only these enemies spawn" or one down and out and that sort. Traditional levels otherwise.

edit: boss levels need a hella reward for quick play, screaming bell and chaos sorcerer levels are two veeeeery different things

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 9, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Raged posted:

I had been playing elf for ages and switched to the dwarf last week. Except for a select few people all elf players I have come across are assholes.

I should do the world a favor an main elf so that I take up that spot in my games.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

fadam posted:

Huntsman Kruber seems pretty lovely now. With a full prowl damage build I can only shoot a boss like 4 times with a shotgun, and it does like baaaaarely more damage than just shooting him normally. It doesn't buff damage really, and it barely works as an invis (things rarely drop aggro), so I'm not entirely sure what it is supposed to be good at. Kruber in general seems to be a lot worsem or at least way more boring than the other classes.

Same. Not only is the damage severely reduced by the ult, it doesn't last as long. Completely hosed the class.

Also, I looked at the 50 or so lobby games going and not one, not one, had a game where the Elf wasn't being played. These devs really know their audience.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
When myself and two friends play, one of them is usually an elf so the chat log is filled with people joining and leaving when they realise they can't play their precious elf waifu.

comatose fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 9, 2018

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

BH salty seems like it got nerfed as well- looks like maybe only one of the pellets of his active sidearm blast gets the benefit of his passive guaranteed crit, which puts a real crimp in your ability to just delete bosses

the free crit triple railgun shots/mega shotgun blast every 8 seconds/on melee kill still seems like a strong benefit to the spec though

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

fadam posted:

counterpoint:

"SIR KRUBER! HAHA!"

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What have people noticed changed between beta and release?

Against the grains opening segment got changed a little, no dropdown from the opening fields and you no longer move the cart but drop down from it.

The new chaos warriors with chainmail helmets and headspike shoulderpads help them stand out among the other chaos chaff.

The ranged classes got a deserved nerf, but they might of overdid it in places, I hope it's not a sign they will come for fire grandma next once the general playerbase gets enough levels to find out how good she is after struggling for 25+ levels and some RNG orange items.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm not sure if it's the weapon I was using (Zweihander) or something new after release, but rats with spears were consistently too far away for me to knockback with a push but still close enough stab me immediately after. I don't remember that happening before.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

DreamShipWrecked posted:

In the grand tradition of "gently caress pubbies", just had an elf player
my condolences

do they have trinkets for % chance to not consume potions, and do they stack? we were able to hit 5x speed from multi-chugging in v1 last week and it was loving amazing we didn't fall off a cliff

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like gunners still shoot through walls, fences and everything else.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Actually had my first stereotypical elf player in a while in my first game tonight. Dude ran ahead alone straight into a patrol, died, and started swearing over voice that it was our fault for letting him fend for himself.

Also, I've had quite a few Handmaiden players do pretty well with her tonight, is it finally viable?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

comatose posted:

Looks like gunners still shoot through walls, fences and everything else.

I think they will always try to shoot if they have line of sight, that line of sight might be the size of a keyhole, but goshdarnit they are going to try and shoot through it, one bullet is bound to get through.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Actually had my first stereotypical elf player in a while in my first game tonight. Dude ran ahead alone straight into a patrol, died, and started swearing over voice that it was our fault for letting him fend for himself.

Also, I've had quite a few Handmaiden players do pretty well with her tonight, is it finally viable?

It's viable in that it can function.

It isn't viable because Kruber and Bardin already has actually real good defensive characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

Spoilers for the final level+bugs during it: Skittergate felt a little anticlimactic, once you’re done there doesn’t seem to be much change in the keep (bar the uppermost level unlocking, but nothing really there?). Also the boss in norsica, and the grey seers pet just walked in place, no attacks.

Plus playing with bots, I had no ammo left, so the only option was to charge attack while jumping to hit the seers’ feet through the floor. It did not feel like the...correct way to complete that fight. Finally, the related achievement did not unlock. The rest of the maps were enjoyable, just the final one ended on kinda a sour note.