Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Some people feeling emboldened to post their extremely wrong opinions today I see

Oh are we doing that? Jessica Jones was a good show that wasn't' at all boring garbage.

Whew, feels good to air some wrong-rear end wrong opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
season 3 is the best season of Fargo

don't @ me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I rest my case.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/971794484999503872

:woop:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought the pacing in Jessica Jones was fine. :shrug:

I guess it helps that I liked David Tennant and Krysten Ritter going in, and that I watched the first season over the course of a few days.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm excited for more Sopranos. It says we'll probably see Tony's dad, Junior, and Livia again. What a nightmarish trio.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I want to be cynical about that but I can’t HELL YES gently caress YEAH

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm excited for more Sopranos. It says we'll probably see Tony's dad, Junior, and Livia again. What a nightmarish trio.

I hope young Livia will be played by Lena Dunham

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Escobarbarian posted:

I want to be cynical about that but I can’t HELL YES gently caress YEAH

Imagine the deft touch of the Columbus Day episode applied to the entire civil rights movement and stretched out to feature length.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I watched all of Jessica Jones S2, I'm going to take the controversional stance that it was... ok.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rarity posted:

I watched all of Jessica Jones S2, I'm going to take the controversional stance that it was... ok.

I'm sorry, it's either the best thing ever or basically TV vomit.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait how the gently caress did I not realize it was out today.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

I would have loved for the first half of JJ to be Jessica doing sleuth work as we get to know her and Trish, etc. Slowly tie her case(s) into the Killgrave stuff instead of going straight into it and dragging it out all season. Either that or have SOMETHING else for Killgrave to do other than keep getting away b/c it takes Jessica six episodes to realize maybe the collateral damage isn't worth avoiding the guilt of just killing him already.

I also would have loved for JJ to be played by someone else, but eh. Ritter is great for most of it, I just don't buy it when she tries to sell vulnerable and dramatic stuff. She's great at the sarcastic, drunk rear end in a top hat stuff tho.

:agreed:

Yea it's amazing how instead of giving her a few episodes of doing her PI job / worldbuilding, they decided that Killgrave escaping a ton was the better option.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't like how the new season of Jessica Jones ends very much at all and it's kind of soured me on the prospect of a third season even if the rest was generally fine-to-good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix is real fuckin good

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Good to hear, was peeping that for my next binge.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

precision posted:

We had just dipped our toes in so I'm glad that's got some nice destination.

Cutting ties with Runaways and I'll give a trip report on Inhumans in a few days.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I've been away from the thread for a couple of weeks but I've finally caught up. Chiming in with the following:

-Everything Sucks was good. The haters are wrong. Sure, you could groan a little but that show is no where near offensive enough to hate. And outside of the soundtrack (which will usually be the opening song, credits song and maybe one other) the egregious 90's references die out after about 3 episodes. Agreed the lead actress looks exactly like Dustin from Stranger Things (I looked it up they're not related)

-Counterpart is goddam AMAZING. I love how low key they play the sci-fi stuff and love that lean heaps more on the spy stuff than the sci-fi stuff. The reveal at the end of episode 6 had my heart pumping.

-Sneaky Pete is back! I haven't watched any but Seppinwall (who loved the first season) said Season 2 has a heap of issues. No Cranston and all the characters getting their own plots in which Ribisi isn't necessarily involved apparantly make it a bit more of a slog.

-Season 2 of ACS is a bit of a bore. The storytelling structure kind of sucks and spending time getting to know a bunch of characters who were killed off 3 episodes ago via flashback is kind of...pointless. The fact that we saw him kill all of his victims in the first 4 episodes and this is a 10 episode season makes me worried what flashbacks they are gonna resort to now to keep dragging this poo poo out.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

drat shame to hear that about Sneaky Pete Season 2. I caught Season 1 on a whim and binged the show in a few days. It's a shame that there's a drop in quality in the second season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm sure it'll be fine. The trailer definitely had some awesome stuff in it

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Dang, Librarians has been canceled.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/librarians-canceled-at-tnt-1093288

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not exactly a huge surprise as it doesn't fit with the whole "prestige drama" image that TNT is trying to promote. Also all extant story/character arcs have concluded so it isn't like there are unfinished plots.

Although something I'm wondering, since the season finale made it so that the entire season didn't happen, did this change Darrington Dare's past too? I guess with Flynn and Eve still remembering the previous timeline they could make sure things have a similar outcome.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Regy Rusty posted:

I didn't watch that one cause I just don't like the Punisher in general

I normally hate the Punisher, but this series was surprisingly good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I normally hate the Punisher, but this series was surprisingly good.

Same. It was especially good because it made Frank a real person suffering from ptsd.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Done with the Looming Tower. Some interesting parts about how we failed to go after the terrorists but half the show is about the CIA and FBI people having lovely personal lives and it's boring as hell. The Jeff Daniels character is juggling a wife and two girlfriends.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I need a new TV show to watch while I chill in bed on Saturday mornings. Should I go with Altered Carbon, Counterpart, American Gods S1 or ACS S2?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rarity posted:

I need a new TV show to watch while I chill in bed on Saturday mornings. Should I go with Altered Carbon, Counterpart, American Gods S1 or ACS S2?

Neither. Watch EVERYTHING SUCKS, grit your teeth through the 3 episodes worth of abundant 90s references, and enjoy what is both a wonderful coming out story and a fantastic story about the value of a friendship over romance.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So even the two biggest JJ stans in this subforum are saying it’s okay-to-good at best? Guess I’ll give it a miss.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

So even the two biggest JJ stans in this subforum are saying it’s okay-to-good at best? Guess I’ll give it a miss.

Yeah, same probably. I'll watch it for Trish one day when I get bored.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm enjoying it, the story is fairly straight forward.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Rarity posted:

I love both Counterpart and American Gods. Honestly if I had to pick I think Counterpart is better than American Gods, but American Gods is such a different type of watch. It is so visual and fun to watch while Counterpart is so serious (but funny in its own way). Altered Carbon overall was a disappointment, and not worth watching when you have other great series to watch.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah it’s good. And if you’ve watched ep 2 you’ve already had the worst song, so
The songs were definitely the least favorite part of it so far so let's see where this goes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Of this list, ACS s2 is probably the best. But you can’t go wrong with Counterpart or American Gods either.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Escobarbarian posted:

Of this list, ACS s2 is probably the best. But you can’t go wrong with Counterpart or American Gods either.

I know I’m going to feel like an idiot but what is ACS?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Counterpart ist very good so far and J.K. Simmons is fantastic in it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

nate fisher posted:

American Crime Story.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

American Crime Story. The latest season about Versace’s murder(er) is seriously loving good and so much better than I could have expected. Darren Criss is incredible as the lead. It’s not quite as good as the OJ season, but it’s very close.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

nate fisher posted:

American Crime Story I think. I still haven't watched any of that yet, but I may give it a shot for my new crime show. I'm not sure I'm going to finish s4 of The Killing, I heard it gets kind of bad.

Also question about Frankenstein Chronicles, I'm only a couple episodes in Is there any supernatural elements to this, or is it just a regular murderer inspired by Frankenstein?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also chill and acs dont go together. Show makes you feel very sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I just remembered Love season 3 is out today, and we all know it is the best Netflix show released this week.

esperterra posted:

American Crime Story.

Oh yes. I loved season 1, but I've been saving season 2 up for a binge watch.