Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
COREY BREWER GOT BUCKETS LMFAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Corey Brewer game going on now?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

CBC radio just (re)aired a great episode on the life and work of Hannah Arendt. I was listening during the end of the Celtics/T-Wolves game
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/ideas/the-human-factor-hannah-arendt-1.2913887

Very timely considering our earlier discussions about whether Kevin Durant is truly evil or just a basic bitch following orders.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just got home and re-watched the Jaylen fall. Goddamn that was a lot scarier to watch up close; those facial expressions and catatonic movements...

:( Be OK buddy.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just got home and re-watched the Jaylen fall. Goddamn that was a lot scarier to watch up close; those facial expressions and catatonic movements...

:( Be OK buddy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/971954072210345984

From the reports he's doing pretty well, I'm sure he had a concussion of some sort but it's looking like a dodged bullet for the most part

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/971954072210345984

From the reports he's doing pretty well, I'm sure he had a concussion of some sort but it's looking like a dodged bullet for the most part
Yeah that could have easily ended up in a skull fracture the way his head slammed into the floor like that.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: The magic went to see Book of Mormon in Sacramento
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/971909002140385280

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
All these people acting like Durant won't finish easily as one of the top-10 players of all time.

I think him versus Hakeem is a wash basically, but saying Hakeem is better because "he's a legend" is silly.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dream shook people, Durant is just shook.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Papercut posted:

All these people acting like Durant won't finish easily as one of the top-10 players of all time.

I think him versus Hakeem is a wash basically, but saying Hakeem is better because "he's a legend" is silly.
Why in the world are we comparing Durant to Hakeem...

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Papercut posted:

mods

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Crazy Ted posted:

Someone asked earlier who you'd rather build a team around

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

creamcorn posted:

I feel like Hakeem would be even better in the modern game than he was historically; his touch and footwork were impeccable. If the corner three was being emphasized like it is now, he’d have been capable of developing the ability to shoot those.

It's harder to score on post ups now because zone is legal and 2/3 of the league isn't starting some talentless stiff like Greg Ostertag whose only skill is being big anymore

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Steven Adams is made of steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbfv4Ysonzw

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Papercut posted:

I mean Magic is a top-5 player of all time most likely...

https://youtu.be/Jo-i0nskgQQ?t=23s

Paul Zuvella posted:

its really funny to me how good the raptors have been this year and I have literally 0 confidence that they will succeed in the playoffs.

BBR currently has them as the title favorites. I do not agree with this but still remarkable.

DeimosRising posted:

Which currently hot teams are doing the annual “hot streak at the end of the year makes a mediocre team look good” maneuver? Everyone then overrates them going into the next season and are shocked when it doesn’t carry over

76ers/Hornets have the easiest schedules to close the season.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/971973260979011584

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Last year someone said that if Wilt played right now he'd be DeAndre Jordan. :discourse:

NBA owners remind me more of villains from Road House by the day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDMfIPRm7jY

Time posted:

It cannot be overstated how bad some of those rockets squads were outside of Hakeem. The first ring he won is probably the worst basketball team to win a ring in the modern era outside of Hakeem. Vernon maxwell was a key player

Based on the career numbers...Otis Thorpe is one of the most underrated players in NBA history.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

CRISPYBABY posted:

Is there any place that it gives you per game stats based on a subset of their game log?

If you open a game log page and then sort the data by clicking on a header and then click two separate rows of data it'll open up a window that shows averages etc.

Lockback posted:

I mean, Lillard is probably in that somewhat crowded 3rd tier of "probably not MVP but worth kicking around", and 1 or 2 of those guys will end up on 4th and 5th place ballots, so "Dark Horse MVP Candidate" is probably not strictly wrong.

#1 PG in WS this year. Due to Curry coasting.

Panzeh posted:

seemed like a decent post to me

https://youtu.be/Q-bDppEz23c?t=1m42s

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've ever hated a player more than Draymond Green.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't think I've ever hated a player more than Draymond Green.

Zaza?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

In a Warriors/Rockets series, I think the matchup is so close because both teams are essentially even. GSW might have the advantage because of their experience playing together deep in the playoffs but man the Rockets are so good

The Rockets have a junky D FG% relative to league average. It's always been the kiss of death for title teams. Although this team remains somewhat intriguing due to their having three of the top four WS/48 players right now. Their level of synergy is unprecedented in the annals of the NBA so they're an anomaly right now.

OTOH, the Warriors are in that weird situation where they've won so much that it's becoming detrimental. Kerr has said their brains are fried. Winning every year becomes a burden.

Paul Zuvella posted:

What kind of loving dumb-rear end idiot is going to give a billionaire a $35,000 interest free loan

Millionaires/billionaires can get huge loans with zero interest. I wonder what they're going to do with all this fan cash.

R.D. Mangles posted:

how dare you nic cage owns

speaking of cage, this dude should have gotten a fuckin oscar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo-i0nskgQQ

No Oscar for this either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Honestly Draymond annoys me more. Zaza is a bigger piece of poo poo probably, but he doesn't actively irritate me as often.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lamarcus Aldridge is the worst crunch time player in NBA history

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Teague is worse because neither Zaza nor Draymond attacked my friend Ricky

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Offensively? Sure, I don't think he'd be able to keep up with everything Durant can do. Players like Durant didn't exist back then but I could be wrong! David Robinson was awesome

I will accept this as well

David Robinson was capable of doing a 70 point QD. I'm not sure KD will ever do it.

DR also had a 20 WS season. In the last 45 years only LBJ and MJJ can also say that.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Ewing was real good...I think he's hurt by playing at roughly the same time as Hakeem, Robinson and Shaq, because there would have been large chunks of time where he would've been considered the best centre in the game.

What large chunks?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Time posted:

It cannot be overstated how bad some of those rockets squads were outside of Hakeem. The first ring he won is probably the worst basketball team to win a ring in the modern era outside of Hakeem. Vernon maxwell was a key player

That team wasn't particularly talented but they were playing a different game of basketball; a preview into what a modern offense was. They were bombing (for the time) from 3 and giving Hakeem room to work in the post. They were built a lot like that Dwight Magic.

Rodman refused to play the team defense that was being coached because he thought it was stupid that he'd have to help on Hakeem in the paint and then recover to Horry on the three point line.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

D. Rose has the staying power of a horror franchise monster.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Looks a lot better. I just can't help but think he's going to get blocked a whole lot due to his shot being so slow and low but Lonzo is doing fine so who knows

Lonzo has turned a corner. He's no longer the worst scorer this year:

code:
NP	Player
349.32	James Harden
340.64	Stephen Curry
338.4	LeBron James
329.64	Kevin Durant
309.6	Karl-Anthony Towns
308.28	Anthony Davis
272.84	Giannis Antetokounmpo
259.72	Damian Lillard
256.04	Kyrie Irving
222.48	Klay Thompson

-26.92	Josh Huestis
-27.68	Marcus Smart
-29.16	Michael Carter-Williams
-35.36	Malik Monk
-36.64	Lonzo Ball
-38.76	Josh Jackson
-44.68	Tyler Ulis
-45.68	Jawun Evans
-49.24	Dennis Smith
-53.52	Frank Ntilikina

Zogo fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 9, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are CP3's techs down this year? I looked it up and he's tied for 12th in the league with 8 with a bunch of guys. I feel like he'd have had more at this point in the season with the Clippers, though I could be entirely wrong. I just feel like Doc fostered a culture of bitching.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Are CP3's techs down this year? I looked it up and he's tied for 12th in the league with 8 with a bunch of guys. I feel like he'd have had more at this point in the season with the Clippers, though I could be entirely wrong. I just feel like Doc fostered a culture of bitching.
Well he's not on a team surrounded with a bunch of shitheads who whine so much that the refs are looking to T one of them up as soon as possible.

Doc Rivers most certainly fostered a culture of whining.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Zogo posted:

The Rockets have a junky D FG% relative to league average. It's always been the kiss of death for title teams. Although this team remains somewhat intriguing due to their having three of the top four WS/48 players right now. Their level of synergy is unprecedented in the annals of the NBA so they're an anomaly right now.

We should talk a bit more about the Rockets defense because it seems like they're going to finish out the season as a top 10 defense. If you asked me at the start of the season I would have guessed maybe 10-15 mostly due to adding Mbah a Moute and Tucker

Capela is of course brilliant and went from having his minutes capped in the low 20s because of foul trouble to being a really good P&R defender in one year

Harden and Gordon are clearly trying. They aren't good, but they are trying. I actually caught Harden barking out defensive assignments last night.

D'Antoni also deserves some credit for going against his natural instincts and starting PJ Tucker/Luc Mbah a Moute over Anderson some games and playing them pretty heavily. I think this is going to be the best ranked defensive team D'Antoni has ever coached, not counting that Knicks year where he quit halfway through and they somehow got to #5. Jeff Budzleikskskoek was a really good hire by the Rockets

chunkles fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 9, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

chunkles posted:

We should talk a bit more about the Rockets defense because it seems like they're going to finish out the season as a top 10 defense. If you asked me at the start of the season I would have guessed maybe 10-15 mostly due to adding Mbah a Moute and Tucker

Capela is of course brilliant and went from having his minutes capped in the low 20s because of foul trouble to being a really good P&R defender in one year

Harden and Gordon are clearly trying. They aren't good, but they are trying. I actually caught Harden barking out defensive assignments last night.

D'Antoni also deserves some credit for going against his natural instincts and starting PJ Tucker/Luc Mbah a Moute over Anderson some games and playing them pretty heavily. I think this is going to be the best ranked defensive team D'Antoni has ever coached, not counting that Knicks year where he quit halfway through and they somehow got to #5. Jeff Budzleikskskoek was a really good hire by the Rockets

Bzdelik being a good hire is vexing to me as a Wake Forest fan.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Aw god dammit, last year when I went to GS@POR Curry didn’t play and it’s happening again :boehner:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

MourningView posted:

It's harder to score on post ups now because zone is legal and 2/3 of the league isn't starting some talentless stiff like Greg Ostertag whose only skill is being big anymore

They play plumlees don't they

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Papercut posted:

"He's a Legend" was just shorthand for saying that he's on a completely different level above Durant

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Yeah, one season of being a shot-blocking free safety is not the same as being literally one of the greatest defenders of all time.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

IcePhoenix posted:

"He's a Legend" was just shorthand for saying that he's on a completely different level above Durant

Durant could shoot 3s way better than Hakeem, my friend.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Zogo posted:

Lonzo has turned a corner. He's no longer the worst scorer this year:

His 3P% is actually respectable for a rookie.

They still have to rework that shot in the offseason

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Panzeh posted:

Durant could shoot 3s way better than Hakeem, my friend.

That's easier to replace than what Hakeem does

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
The dream > durant
The Admiral > durant
Rik Smits > Durant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah I can definitely hear arguments for Robinson. He was about as physically impressive as any player has ever been

Was about to say "yeah but Karl Malone" but then I looked at some pics and christ I forgot how ridiculous Robinson's arms were (still are?).

• Locked thread