Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

One thing that strikes me as odd is that apparently the survivors are 'restored' to their pre-despair selves but Hinata doesn't seem to be completely down with the idea of turning into some super talent zombie. I'm not sure if that's part of what they meant by it being imperfect or if Naegi/Junko just aren't entirely sure how it'll work out.
There are two possible outcomes here (the reset doesn't count). Either they Graduate, and the consciousnesses they have right now will be returned to their bodies, and Hinata will no longer be super-talented, because all of that will be wiped away. Or they activate the Shutdown, meaning the consciousnesses they had before the program started will be restored, and the Hinata we've known all this time will be gone forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Yeah, the implication is that Hinata is so different from Kamukura that he'd basically be committing suicide if he goes with the shutdown sequence(unlike the others, whose pre-program selves are an unknown factor & corrupted by Despair but still easy for them to see as themselves). Hinata's understandably a little hesistant about that. :v:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: ............................................... :siren:

: ...

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I'm out of looping jokes now.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Oh no... Hedgehog Day.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Hey, you guys ever get the feeling of déjà vu?

Eh, probably nothing.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Repeat

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's probably a test. Keep repeating until we win.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm ready for the story to move forward now.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
It's fun seeing people's reactions :allears:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
And with this, the world will continue to loop!

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
There had better be at least eight of these.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We got the good ending

got the good ending We

the good ending We got

good ending We got the

ending We got the good

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

And with this, the world will continue to loop!

An eternal game utopia sounds like fun.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

We wanted....this...?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Um.

Folks.

There's already three training regiments on the island now. And a regiment is like 1000 soldiers.

Maybe... we should try to break out of this loop before the island gets too crowded?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

XavierGenisi posted:

We wanted....this...?

I think... that I did?

I must have wanted this at some point.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hmmm

> shoot self

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Poltergrift posted:

There had better be at least eight of these.

:laffo: and they didn’t even have the decency to give them new outfits every cycle

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

This works better in game and not here, sitting through a minute each day

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

rannum posted:

This works better in game and not here, sitting through a minute each day

Yeah, but at least we are getting updates once a day. Also, knowing that we’ll continue getting them once a day until the end makes it a bit easier to swallow, too.

I’ve waited almost 5 years to see how this goddamn game ends, what’s a couple days more. :lol:

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

DaveWoo posted:

An eternal game utopia sounds like fun.

I guess it's fine to stay like this for a while...

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: ............................................... :siren:

: ...

You guys...I need your help...

I can't get through to Hajime... He's not responding...and it doesn't seem like the in-game help function that's been assisting him this whole time is working either.

If Hajime can't break out of this loop, he and everyone else will be trapped here forever. But they can't stay trapped here. They're not meant to be part of the game.

...We need to get through to him. Please help Hajime figure out what he needs to do.

I'm counting on you all...

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Have you tried turning your Hajime off and then on again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We got the good ending

got the good ending We

the good ending We got

good ending We got the

ending We got the good

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
*Starts clapping* "I do believe in Hajime! I do. I do!"

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Shoot eternal game utopia

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I'm not sure, sir, but I think it's a white hole.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Can we absorb either of the two concepts "eternal game utopia" or " not part of the game" and shoot the other with it?

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
Maybe if we use up all of Hajime's focus gauge trying to slow down all of the non-existent White Noise, he'll get tired enough to want to take a nap.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Fedule posted:

I'm not sure, sir, but I think it's a white hole.

A white hole?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RedMagus posted:

Can we absorb either of the two concepts "eternal game utopia" or " not part of the game" and shoot the other with it?

That is one of the game mechanics.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Blasmeister posted:

A white hole?

:sigh: Remember when Red Dwarf was still on point, Grand and Naylor hadn't split and the final season didn't even exist in nightmares?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the universe: a white hole returns it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This happened to me once when I spilt water on my Hajime. Nothing to do but go out and buy a new one.

suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.
I feel like we have to make a bullet out of "not part of the game" and then use it on "eternal game utopia". It would make sense to stop the loop by reminding Hajime that most of these people are gone, right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Real suggestion: quit the game

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Rarity posted:

Real suggestion: quit the game

Yeah this feels a lot like a meta-game prompt so I'm gonna go with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Have you tried turning your Hajime off and then on again

Just adjust the antenna

• Locked thread