Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Digirat posted:

Hard the weirdest bug on the forest level from the phase 3 beta, a second troll spawned not far after a first one, except it was stuck endlessly running against a tree and mzbundifund could not see it at all

we beat it down to the point where it regenerated, which it did without stopping running against the tree, and then its health just stopped going down anymore so we left it and went to the end. Except there was this random green junk in front of the dropdown blocking us from actually crossing and finishing the level, which we can only guess was due to the troll somehow. we had to quit

I had the same issue in the Phase 3 (I think?) beta, troll got stuck in running animation against a cart in Against the Grain. Registered no damage. Managed to dislodge him with a bomb, after that it was business as usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Digirat posted:

Saltzpyre was referring to medical supplies as bombs, and said that the dwarves were loyal allies after being healed by kruber

Bizarrely I learned tonight that Kerillian has a line for "UGH, SOMEBODY HELP THE ELF", I know this because I was playing some more Kruber and that came out from my PoV when the pub elf went down. :psyduck:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

For all the people hating on the elf for running off to her doom, 90% of the time the player that does that is Slayer Bardin. Seriously.

Why the gently caress would you jump into a pile of rats 90000 miles from the rest of us? Yes, we know you're a midget blender. No, you're not invincible and can't face tank 700 billion rats. Yes, we know your ability is a fancy jump. No, we don't care. Jump to us, not away from us. Holy poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gonkish posted:

For all the people hating on the elf for running off to her doom, 90% of the time the player that does that is Slayer Bardin. Seriously.

Why the gently caress would you jump into a pile of rats 90000 miles from the rest of us? Yes, we know you're a midget blender. No, you're not invincible and can't face tank 700 billion rats. Yes, we know your ability is a fancy jump. No, we don't care. Jump to us, not away from us. Holy poo poo.

One, that is a slayers job, to die
Two, slayer is harder to get to than elf, so I doubt this

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
lol first attempt at champion since launch spawned a horde, two ratling gunners, a chaos warrior patrol, a globadier, an assassin and a troll at the first barn on against the grain.

it did not go well and I took it a little personally tbh

bolt staff with heat sink feels absolutely ridiculously strong since the fix to huntsman and BH, heat sink is probably getting nerfed when the masses discover it

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'm guilty of jumping face first into a mass of incoming horde as Slayer. It goes poorly unless I'm already engaged with them. It's such a low cooldown and so fun man!!!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Being bad at Slayer means I’m just being good at roleplaying Slayer.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Martout posted:

lol first attempt at champion since launch spawned a horde, two ratling gunners, a chaos warrior patrol, a globadier, an assassin and a troll at the first barn on against the grain.

it did not go well and I took it a little personally tbh

bolt staff with heat sink feels absolutely ridiculously strong since the fix to huntsman and BH, heat sink is probably getting nerfed when the masses discover it

I played Athel Yenlui on Recruit last night and it felt like every 10 steps we took there was a horde, and we had a boss spawn at the beginning and just after the ruins. Fatshark pls

Also, I'm wondering about trying Huntsman with a handgun. He isn't gonna delete bosses now but maybe he's useful as a special sniper. Still think a blunderbuss is nice for Foot Knight since he's always in the mix.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Playing on recruit my group is already struggling somehow, get to the barn door, here comes the wave, no problem right? Nah time to let the troll out at the same time. :psyduck:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
A friend of mine recommended this game to me because I like Killing Floor 2 except its more melee focused?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
With HowitzerKruber dead, I'm glad I took the time to learn how to use the longbow with him. Did a number on a Stormfiend in Athel something, where otherwise we'd have gotten nowhere since it was in a narrow canyon thingy and melee was an impossibility with all the fire.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Are there hidden debuffs going on in Skittergate because lol. I had only 3 stamina when I should have had 4, my passives weren't even working, then Bloodlust stopped working.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Bought and played a bit today. Got my sorceress up to a level where she got the bolt staff blueprint. The blueprint alone was doing more damage than whatever I had before so I got excited and decided to craft something based off it. The blueprint has 5 power, the thing I crafted has 51, and the damage is exactly the same between them when attacking the dummy in the lobby. I know the power number is there just to make your overall total higher which affects a few different things but one of those things is damage so it seems a little weird that it had no visible effect on the dummy.

Now if I could just get one with heat sink...

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

toasterwarrior posted:

With HowitzerKruber dead, I'm glad I took the time to learn how to use the longbow with him. Did a number on a Stormfiend in Athel something, where otherwise we'd have gotten nowhere since it was in a narrow canyon thingy and melee was an impossibility with all the fire.

For Huntsman I was mostly using either the harquebus or the longbow - for special sniping or ranged horde clearing - rather than the coach gun, even before the nerf, and those still seem very viable. You can headshot chaos warriors with the handgun easily and you can stack headshots-give-ammo talents to make sure you never run out of ammo for it. The same talents make the longbow an incredible meatgrinder for hordes if you learn where to aim to hit the heads of rats and chaos.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

For Huntsman I was mostly using either the harquebus or the longbow - for special sniping or ranged horde clearing - rather than the coach gun, even before the nerf, and those still seem very viable. You can headshot chaos warriors with the handgun easily and you can stack headshots-give-ammo talents to make sure you never run out of ammo for it. The same talents make the longbow an incredible meatgrinder for hordes if you learn where to aim to hit the heads of rats and chaos.

Dunno why but I've had a hell of a time actually confirming headshots with the Handgun, so I only use it with the Merc for special sniping. The Longbow though...that thing is a beast, and with some care and luck you'll have nigh-infinite supply of ammo to work with too. It's great just picking off stragglers with the thing instead of risking getting hit because of lag or whatever.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I can't play until Monday:. Did the launch changes touch waystalker being stupidly good or either of Salty's BH delete buttons?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Gonkish posted:

Lore appropriate

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

I can't play until Monday:. Did the launch changes touch waystalker being stupidly good or either of Salty's BH delete buttons?

I think only the first shot gets the bonuses for Salty now so you can't unload an entire repeater handgun for a bazillion damage with his BH career.

Waystalker seems to regen less and only regens to 50% of max HP, but that's based on watching my fiancee's health bar cuz I don't usually play elf but she loves it

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
BH Saltz having the free shot not even need a reload got me thinking about using a crossbow with him instead of pistols, on the assumption that a crossbow bolt is more powerful and pierces more bodies than a pistol shot, and the way I intend to use it (right in melee) is less reliant on accurate shooting. As a bonus, you can double-tap the crossbow shot if there's something particularly dangerous you need to die quickly.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Why in the hell did the devs nerf kerillians waywatcher career path into the ground. They made some of her skill under that career completely useless. She now only regens at half health making her party heal and arrow heal useless. Also was there a point to taking away her double ammo capacity or was that agin just to make the other bows outside of the rapid fire hunting completely useless. Hagbane was hard to keep stocked now it’s just a loving waste. If you run out of ammo on a ranged based class fast there is no point in having her on the team, especially since her healing aura will not activate until she is at half health which does gently caress all for the team on higher diff. Devs should have taken their time to balance instead of listening to the asshats who only play on recruit, which any character can breeze through no matter the abilities .

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The Swiftbow is still the worst option. Hagbane isn't as bad as it was, though it's rate of fire remains kind of poo poo and it's useless against 70% of the enemies you face. As for the Longbow, like, it's still the only option and I'm pretty sure at this point you can't even be feasible until you get the Level 25 talent to restore ammo on active. Without that she just can't use anything else besides the Longbow adequately, that's for sure. The Regen being made half is lame and makes her level 15 talent tree on Waystalker completely superfluous but what can be said now.

At least all of her melee got the unfair nerfs off, like Spear which is now usable again. The Glaive has AP on light swings, other things feel stronger too. Just an all around less frustrating experience.

That doesn't mean the other two classes got anything better though. Handmaiden's buff was making her level 10 talent +15% power instead of 10% and the talents for holding grimoires are +15% instead of +25% now. And they still don't explain where the backstab angle is. Oh and I guess dash makes enemies bleed now :lol:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 9, 2018

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008
What exactly did they do to the spear to buff it? It already felt strong as gently caress in the beta with the reach, attack speed and mobility. I mostly ask because in reddit some people were whining that the spear got nerfed because they reduced the stamina from 8 to 6.

e: It does suck that the regen is mostly useless and straight up broken in the case of the ammo regen only working at under 50% hp, but I feel like a constant health regen with no downsides just doesn't work in a game like vermintide.

Small and Blue fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 9, 2018

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
because you had a character with infinite ammo, infinite health, and homing missiles. add in a couple off attack speed trinkets and you can use the faster weapons to stun lock any non boss enemy into submission. I was using it a bit yesterday and it was comically easy to just blend entire hordes solo, it probably needs more nerfing if anything

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
The glaive is a lot of fun to see in use. Penetration on light swings explains why I was seeing her wreck Rothelms and Chaos warriors

e: all the ranged careers got ammo capacity nerfs anyway but most of them have some form of ammo recovery baked in plus orange guns can restore ammo via a couple traits

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

Why in the hell did the devs nerf kerillians waywatcher career path into the ground. They made some of her skill under that career completely useless. She now only regens at half health making her party heal and arrow heal useless. Also was there a point to taking away her double ammo capacity or was that agin just to make the other bows outside of the rapid fire hunting completely useless. Hagbane was hard to keep stocked now it’s just a loving waste. If you run out of ammo on a ranged based class fast there is no point in having her on the team, especially since her healing aura will not activate until she is at half health which does gently caress all for the team on higher diff. Devs should have taken their time to balance instead of listening to the asshats who only play on recruit, which any character can breeze through no matter the abilities .
...source your quotes?

But in case you're serious, its because Waystalker in particular, and ranged classes in general, were ridiculously over the top. She still gets plenty of melee abilities and its not like she doesn't get to equip a melee weapon and go to town that way too. Her first two talent options include (unless it changed from beta) 5% increased attack speed and 30% more powerful crits as long as she's above 30% health, neither of which are ranged dependent and are pretty drat good. I never read that the ranged careers were supposed to be ranged-only, but better at range. You're not supposed to be able to ignore the entire melee system altogether. I admit that I haven't played with the changes, but nothing that has been said about the patch changes seems ridiculous. The ranged careers seem back in line with the other classes and aren't the standout best option for everyone except for Bardin (and Sienna, obviously). That seems like a good change to me.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Ravenfood posted:

...source your quotes?

But in case you're serious, its because Waystalker in particular, and ranged classes in general, were ridiculously over the top. She still gets plenty of melee abilities and its not like she doesn't get to equip a melee weapon and go to town that way too. Her first two talent options include (unless it changed from beta) 5% increased attack speed and 30% more powerful crits as long as she's above 30% health, neither of which are ranged dependent and are pretty drat good. I never read that the ranged careers were supposed to be ranged-only, but better at range. You're not supposed to be able to ignore the entire melee system altogether. I admit that I haven't played with the changes, but nothing that has been said about the patch changes seems ridiculous. The ranged careers seem back in line with the other classes and aren't the standout best option for everyone except for Bardin (and Sienna, obviously). That seems like a good change to me.

The way they nerfed WS's regen makes her level 15 talents near-pointless, though. The party regen doesn't kick in unless kerillian herself is < 50% HP, which is retarded.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Ravenfood posted:

...source your quotes?

Yeah.

Steam forums are fun right now.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fishstick posted:

The way they nerfed WS's regen makes her level 15 talents near-pointless, though. The party regen doesn't kick in unless kerillian herself is < 50% HP, which is retarded.
Yeah, that's stupid. It needed a nerf but that's just a terrible way to do it. Mostly, I think that nobody should have gotten regen at all, but what can you do?

e:

Fat Samurai posted:

Yeah.

Steam forums are fun right now.
:( Sorry I didn't get it. loving elves are the worst I swear.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 9, 2018

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Passive health regen was dumb. Passive ammo regen should have instead been the trait all along, which you could then double or share with allies via talents. Viola - balanced character.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Stiff tails

Chance to gain arrow ammunition when skaven are killed

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
OK, this Rapier/Crossbow quickswitch combo for Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre is aces; I can recommend it. Still have to figure out a weapon of choice for Zealot Saltz though...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I love that Saltzpyre will do a little salute with his rapier after finishing a killing spree.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Night10194 posted:

I love that Saltzpyre will do a little salute with his rapier after finishing a killing spree.

And it cleans the blood off the blade, but not the hand guard. Great touch.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

toasterwarrior posted:

OK, this Rapier/Crossbow quickswitch combo for Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre is aces; I can recommend it. Still have to figure out a weapon of choice for Zealot Saltz though...

If the rapier is not an option, the falchion tends to be my number 2. It's fast, it cleaves decently well, it has a good anti stormvermin/chaos warrior charged attack.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Try Saltzpyre's hatchet again if you didn't like it before. It can hit multiple Slaves now, and it sends the big guys loving flying.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Eager to try this after the first Vermintide completely passed me by. Figured $22 on GMG was a decent enough gamble for someone who's never played L4D or anything Warhammer.

Aside from breaking off from the group and getting swallowed up, what's the second dumbest thing new players regularly do?

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 9, 2018

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So my beloved shotgun Kruber -> Nerfed to the ground

Bounty hunter? still broken as poo poo

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Bounty Hunter's active has been neutered and is an afterthought on Legend, though. Doubt it's much better any earlier. The Level 25 talents are a bit boring now. Buckshot can't kill hard targets with the crit anymore, does no damage to the bosses either. The middle one is like a sniper option but the damage it does is just under what you can do with something else.

Repeater Pistol is probably still the good burst dps though.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Well either way Huntsman feels weak as all piss now on Champion, and I play Mercenary only to never to get into fun big cleave situations as Bounty Hunters continue to simply stand in a choke point keep poo poo down forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

quote:

:v2: Patch 1.0.1 :v2:

Bug fixes:

Fixed issue with too many Grimoires on level Fort Brachsenbrücke.
Enabled Twitch game mode.
Fix for knockdown bleed persisting even after being revived, causing rapid health loss followed by death.
Fixed looping sound issue when presenting mission end experience summary.
Fixed issues with hat icons.

Trait balancing:

Resourceful Sharpshooter: Reduced cooldown reduction from 5% to 2%.
Resourceful Combatant: Reduced cooldown reduction from 5% to 2%.
Hand of Shallya: Reduced healing from healing ally with First Aid Kit from 80% to 35% of missing health.
Barrage: Fixed bug causing it to stack up to 10 times instead of intended 5.

RIP anyone using that now.