Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Hello Spaceman posted:

keep seeing people say this and it's wrong
local copies remain, with changes/deletions syncing. only infrequently accessed files become online only.

usually when you say something is wrong you don't go on to agree that it happens two sentences later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
3d touch responds to a degree of pressure, force touch is just 2 levels

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Millstone posted:

3d touch responds to a degree of pressure, force touch is just 2 levels

both of these are dumb and stupid methods of interaction

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i'm pretty sure 3d is just force touch + vibration feedback (so phones only), and force touch is just pressure sensitive input

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

3d touch is cool and good

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

look at these dummies who dislike good+nice things

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Plank Walker posted:

i'm pretty sure 3d is just force touch + vibration feedback (so phones only), and force touch is just pressure sensitive input

no. 3D Touch uses capacitance to measure microscopic flexing in the screen glass to get an analog value.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
someone just sent an heic image to a mailing list I’m on. I’m sure she was unaware of it. anyway it’s the cutest doggo ever and people without good devices can’t see it. anyway this is going to start happening a lot.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

The Management posted:

someone just sent an heic image to a mailing list I’m on. I’m sure she was unaware of it. anyway it’s the cutest doggo ever and people without good devices can’t see it. anyway this is going to start happening a lot.

j thought it was called heif??

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

j thought it was called heif??

heif is image format, heic is file format

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

actually, heif images can be in following file formats - heic, heics, heif, heifs

heic because its a product of hevc

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

The Management posted:

more cute dog pic less words

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

The Management posted:

sure

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
is heic in the community codec pack because thats where the real codecs are

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

what's that long oval strip on the top-left of the magic keyboard do?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i thought ios converted images to do i look like i know what a jpeg is when you shared stuff in other apps?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

sleepwalkers posted:

i thought ios converted images to do i look like i know what a jpeg is when you shared stuff in other apps?

dont worry ios will convert heic images to jpg as needed for the benefit of your green bubbled friends and other apps that dont support it yet

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

pff like id talk to a green bubble

or anyone ever

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

so why does itunes dump both songs and music videos under "songs" while having separate library sections for those?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

cinci zoo sniper posted:

so why does itunes dump both songs and music videos under "songs" while having separate library sections for those?
courage

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also, imessage keeps notifying me that messages may incur charges from provider and ive had to enable faceid in mobile appstore at least twice

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

notification system isn’t getting any better either, hopefully ios 12 will do something about it

otherwise cool stuff tho, really liking the phone and the watch

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i used to be excited about new ios releases but there’s really nothing exciting or special that gets added anymore. i mean bug fixes sure but i just don’t see there being a lot of dramatic upgrades like notification center or apple music integration

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i dunno, seeing how they've gone and further hosed up the ui, or broken basic functionality like displaying imessages in sequential order is always exciting

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Casual Encountess posted:

i used to be excited about new ios releases but there’s really nothing exciting or special that gets added anymore. i mean bug fixes sure but i just don’t see there being a lot of dramatic upgrades like notification center or apple music integration

new ios releases haven't been exciting since ios 4

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Imagine getting excited about telephone operating system updates. just lol

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
I’m v excited for whatever iOS brings back EXTREME skeuomorphism

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

I’m v excited for whatever iOS brings back EXTREME skeuomorphism

:yeah:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i'm excited to get the latest security fixes

any other change is undesirable

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

guess what music videos usually have in them? get this

songs

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i'm excited to get the latest security fixes

any other change is undesirable

yeah, same. it's essentially good enough

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Last Chance posted:

guess what music videos usually have in them? get this

songs

so do regular songs without video. both seem to have a separate category in itunes, but one appears twice

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Plorkyeran posted:

usually when you say something is wrong you don't go on to agree that it happens two sentences later

people are saying that enabling icloud desktop sync deletes your files. it doesn't.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Sync literally means delete in Apple and will lose data if you use it.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

your files were just too messy to fit in with the aesthetic jony was going for

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

what you didn't like the new system calendar in ios 11

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/axlrose/status/971602735144435713

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

so do regular songs without video. both seem to have a separate category in itunes, but one appears twice

guess what mp3 and m4a files don't have in them? get this:

video

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Last Chance posted:

guess what mp3 and m4a files don't have in them? get this:

video

guess what my library shuffle plays? same song twice in a row, because i had the audacity to store both the song and the music video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

not even going to comment on apple music conveniently display song and a music video on my phone concurrently, just what i wanted. at least i have unlimited traffic