Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hackbunny posted:

Oh yeah it's been well known for years. No, the real funny part about M5S is that they promised a "citizenship income" (a glorified unemployment check, modelled after the German system) and immediately after their "victory" (technically, they didn't win - the Lega-Forza Italia coalition won - although they are the single biggest party), some of their voters turned up at tax assistance centers demanding the forms to request it. They didn't take a "no" for an answer either, as many said that they'd escalate to city hall. How do you even begin to reach people so utterly naive and ignorant?

Promise them to build a wall around africa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

hackbunny posted:

Oh yeah it's been well known for years. No, the real funny part about M5S is that they promised a "citizenship income" (a glorified unemployment check, modelled after the German system) and immediately after their "victory" (technically, they didn't win - the Lega-Forza Italia coalition won - although they are the single biggest party), some of their voters turned up at tax assistance centers demanding the forms to request it. They didn't take a "no" for an answer either, as many said that they'd escalate to city hall. How do you even begin to reach people so utterly naive and ignorant?

what, this election?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

hackbunny posted:

Are you loving kidding me

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

a primate posted:

I thought la Lega was primarily a separatist party, at least originally.

Please tell me you're not really that naive

They must have hired a new PR firm a few years ago, because the more recent posters are mostly text and not as "innocently" racist

Kurtofan posted:

what, this election?

Like, yesterday

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

hackbunny posted:

They must have hired a new PR firm a few years ago, because the more recent posters are mostly text and not as "innocently" racist

oh yea that's the good stuff

I'm aware they're a bunch of animals, I was more asking about the history of the party. My post was more a question than a statement, sorry

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

hackbunny posted:

no, no this can't be real

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/968987417154936832

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Lawman 0 posted:

Some people can apply suspension of disbelief to electoral promises. The candidates create a new reality with their promises, and to some it's not a vote for a new government, they're like, voting for a waveform collapse. They wouldn't have voted if they didn't already picture themselves beyond the veil, already living in the utopia. Some can see the trick (and still buy into it, because after months, years of campaigning, the climax is all the sweeter), and some don't

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 15:16 on Mar 9, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that is some poo poo, holy

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

goddamn those posters :eyepop:

makes trump look like a mastermind of subtlety

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

MrWilderheap posted:

makes trump look like a mastermind of subtlety

People are voting for this lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lawman 0 posted:

People are voting for this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oorzwn4E5xc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

hackbunny posted:

Like, yesterday

Lmao

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

hackbunny posted:

Like, yesterday

What, no hook-nosed Jews?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

hackbunny posted:

Like, yesterday

lol holy poo poo this one is amazing

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

lol holy poo poo this one is amazing

Why is it a German and an Albanian?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

MrWilderheap posted:

They're (relatively) old. Back then, the League was a smaller party - 1.39 votes in the 2013 elections - and it was still controlled by the old guard (Bossi and Maroni). This year, after 5 years of Salvini leadership, they were up to 5.69 million votes, the biggest they've ever been. You can see that the messaging has changed under Salvini, it's more professional, less naive (Bossi was a brutish oaf with a gravelly voice and bad grammar shouting things like "Leaguers have a rock hard [cock]" - complete with obscene gesture - without a hint of irony). The party has also moved further to the right: like, while Bossi was insulted at being compared with Le Pen [he had also called Berlusconi drug-addled and thieving and swore he would never ally with him - months before doing so], Salvini is her Italian ally

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hackbunny posted:

i give their supporters 5 stars for being stupid as hell
what the absolute gently caress is this?!

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

i give their supporters 5 stars for being stupid as hell

The story might have been inflated by their enemies

what the absolute gently caress is this?!

It's a mystery. They were posted anonymously and the party distanced themselves from the campaign. I honestly can't tell if it's sincere (and possibly schizophrenic) or shitposting

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it appears to be a german man and albanian man having sex in front of a classroom of chinese children

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hackbunny posted:

The story might have been inflated by their enemies

It's a mystery. They were posted anonymously and the party distanced themselves from the campaign. I honestly can't tell if it's sincere (and possibly schizophrenic) or shitposting
it doesn't make a single bit of sense. what is a poster of a german boy loving an albanian boy (with a horribly photoshopped face to boot) in front of a bunch of chinese children trying to say from an italian politics standpoint? the only thing i can think of is that it's a troll

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it appears to be a german man and albanian man having sex in front of a classroom of chinese children

The avant-garde!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it doesn't make a single bit of sense. what is a poster of a german boy loving an albanian boy (with a horribly photoshopped face to boot) in front of a bunch of chinese children trying to say from an italian politics standpoint? the only thing i can think of is that it's a troll

there is a fear among conservative people here (south/southeast europe) that kindergarten/elementary school children are being taught how to have gay sex or whatever so this is a reference to that plus racism (a class full of chinese kids!) and anti-EU feeling (germany and merkel are usually stand-ins for the whole thing) all mixed up into one

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

you know how america is dumb as gently caress yet is still the global superpower?

this is what the us is competing against

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hackbunny posted:

lmao

is the guy on the right in the first pic, the mafia guy, supposed to be good?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
No because the Mafia are southerners

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Man I'm starting to think this EU business is a bad deal!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

large adult son posted:

there is a fear among conservative people here (south/southeast europe) that kindergarten/elementary school children are being taught how to have gay sex or whatever so this is a reference to that plus racism (a class full of chinese kids!) and anti-EU feeling (germany and merkel are usually stand-ins for the whole thing) all mixed up into one
i'm still not sure how the albanian fits in

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

well he's a refugee as well, a gay refugee willing to be penetrated in front of chinese children in a kindergarten
it has to be said that whoever made it has a very active imagination and could have a future in some creative industry

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Albanians are the OG criminal refugees. They're pretty passé as boogiemen nowadays so I suppose the author of that creative image is on the older side

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Albania is Italian territory that was unrightfully taken after ww2

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Albania is Italian territory that was unrightfully taken after ww2

Forza Nuova (reminder: minor party that can trace its lineage back to the original Italian Fascist Party) still demands the unilateral termination of the Paris peace treaty, and presumably the reacquisition of Istria, Libya, Eritrea etc. so they're the guys to vote if you're nostalgic for colonialism

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

hackbunny posted:

Forza Nuova (reminder: minor party that can trace its lineage back to the original Italian Fascist Party) still demands the unilateral termination of the Paris peace treaty, and presumably the reacquisition of Istria, Libya, Eritrea etc. so they're the guys to vote if you're nostalgic for colonialism

do they mention Corsica as well

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

do they mention Corsica as well

No, they specifically say "cessation of the peace treaty of [date of the Paris treaty]". It's almost cute that they're still obsessed with that, and specifically that (although I like to think it was added to placate that one guy who wouldn't shut up about the Paris treaties)

And, technically, Corsica has never been Italian

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

hackbunny posted:

yup, but I'm not familiar with the details of the Paris treaty.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

any upcoming elections interest my fellow cspammers? might make another thread soon

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

any upcoming elections interest my fellow cspammers? might make another thread soon
i'm interested in the upcoming brazilian elections. plutonis will probably bump the south american thread in C-SPAM to talk about it, but it wouldn't hurt to make a dedicated thread

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

hackbunny posted:

No, they specifically say "cessation of the peace treaty of [date of the Paris treaty]". It's almost cute that they're still obsessed with that, and specifically that (although I like to think it was added to placate that one guy who wouldn't shut up about the Paris treaties)

Why you gotta make Caesar cry?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

hackbunny posted:

so they hate foreigners but want a bunch of Albanians, Arabs, Ethiopians, Eritreans, and assorted Slavs? :thunk:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shark Sandwich posted:

so they hate foreigners but want a bunch of Albanians, Arabs, Ethiopians, Eritreans, and assorted Slavs? :thunk:

Like Mussolini,they want the birdcage without the birds (paraphrasing a quote of his about invading Corsica)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shark Sandwich posted:

(as subject peoples)

• Locked thread