Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sir Potato posted:

"I'm gonna kick my rear end." would like a word with you.

it was an episode of lines, i'll give it that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zebulon posted:

Why do I get the feeling that Ava is Sara's daughter or something based on the abrupt secret that Sara apparently isn't allowed to know.
Why does the internet always default to incest?

Rip's daughter was the first thought I had but it could probably be a lot of things. Or the abberration thing kind of makes sense. But the fact that Rip called Ava "special" suggested to me that he cares about her so the daughter thing makes sense.

nine-gear crow posted:

Pretty much. I've read a couple of interviews with him and he says he won't kiss anyone on camera and doesn't do hard swearing or taking the Lord's name in vain because he's a practicing Catholic IRL, but other than that, game on, let's have some fun. And I respect that in him. Dude knows his limits and he's just having a blast with Darhk.

I love the line drawn that he can play a genocidal magic man who sells his daughter to a demon to be resurrected but saying "drat" would be crossing a line. That's just charming.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I thought Rip had a son, not a daughter?

If Ava is related to someone it will be from Flash/Arrow to setup a crossover episode.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TyrantWD posted:

I thought Rip had a son, not a daughter?

Tell it to Sara Diggle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, time fuckery has an established gender swapping affect.

I mean, its all baseless speculation. It was just my first thought since Rip seemed to be less worried about Ava as some kind of a threat to Sara and more connected to her and wanting to hide some truth. It could be just about anything I suppose. Maybe Ava is the daughter of Nora and Ray and Rip is worried Sara would be upset she's hooking up with a Darkh? Who the hell knows? The daughter thing was just the first thought I had.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Gideon called Rip "Director Hunter" because he's the director of her heart.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
anway
https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/972251260291309568

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I assume Ava is the mystery totem in human form. Then at some point she's going to have to sacrifice herself to stop Mullus.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

frgildan posted:

I assume Ava is the mystery totem in human form. Then at some point she's going to have to sacrifice herself to stop Mullus.

I'm pretty sure the 6th totem is "death" based on some article I read recently. Also, Rory becomes the fire totem bearer, so they aren't bringing Jax back.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

Plus, Gideon literally wants to bang him, she is that close with him at this point. That has been confirmed. She is in love with him. So if it came down to a coin flip of Rip v. Time Idiots, she’s side with Rip pretty much every time, I think, unless he was 100% demonstrably wrong about something and she knew that he was.

I actually disagree with this. Gideon's been getting more and more independent/sassy the longer she hangs around this crew. Eventually, Rip's going to run out of triggers and/or clout and Gideon'll tell him to knock it off or go gently caress himself.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mollusk!!! :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Nate will do anything to get his hairdo back.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wally using his speed to solve every problem is good.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
"Elvis Presley is the keeper of the Death Totem".

Makes sense.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Of course Ray would make an encrypted box for the totem then leave it sitting on the countertop.

I love my Time Idiots

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Honestly, that was a pretty middling episode. The main plot never really worked, but it was still Legends and therefore fun.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Honestly, that was a pretty middling episode. The main plot never really worked, but it was still Legends and therefore fun.

I disagree, I actually found it pretty moving, even if it was a little cheesy.

Also, Elvis was briefly the sole arbitrator of life and death.

That's something I typed that 100% happened.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wally fits well.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I was honestly hoping they'd make an exception and let Elvis join the team, just so Mallus could ultimately be defeated with the power of rock and roll in a rousing muscal episode.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
CTV's bumped Legends back to 10PM tonight. gently caress you, American Idol premiere :argh:

loving zombie show, should have took the hint the first time and stayed dead.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Any episode with Mick scarfing down and spitting out communion wafers is cool in my book

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, a priest can just get the sherriff to arrest his nephew for playing music? I'm going to assume the uncle is the local Grand Dragon.

I can also get behind Zari and Wally.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I love how Nate gets hosed up in the dumbest ways by celebrity-related anachronisms. George Lucas doesn't make Indiana Jones? Dude becomes a yoga instructor. Elvis doesn't popularize rock & roll? No pompadour, bitch!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
This episode had a rat funeral and sick burns on ska. These categorically make it The Best.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I was not prepared for the death of Axl.

RIP

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Wait, did the rat actually die? What the gently caress :stonk:

Also lol Axl gets an In Memory Of stinger but Stein doesn't.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Laterite posted:

This episode had a rat funeral and sick burns on ska. These categorically make it The Best.

I cracked up hard when Mick went for the box with his heat gun

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I love how Wally actually behaves like someone superspeed and all that implies now that he's not on The Flash. Barry is the worst.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Damien Darhk, Ska Fan

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gonz posted:

Damien Darhk, Ska Fan

Truly evil incarnate

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea I loved how instead of “depowering” Wally, they just told him to not solve everything with superspeed so that the others get something to do. So far he’s been great on this, I hope he sticks around. :D

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Avalerion posted:

Yea I loved how instead of “depowering” Wally, they just told him to not solve everything with superspeed so that the others get something to do. So far he’s been great on this, I hope he sticks around. :D

Young black mechanics with super powers don't grow on trees.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I love how they're setting up the premise of the episode as getting the guitar and then Wally just grabs it in half a second.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Argue posted:

I was honestly hoping they'd make an exception and let Elvis join the team, just so Mallus could ultimately be defeated with the power of rock and roll in a rousing muscal episode.

Sooooo... this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-a-Doodle Because I think I'd be down with that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Elvis has come a long way.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
One thing that scares me is that I pretty much love every character on the show now (and now Wally) that I'm afraid they will have to bump some of them off the list because they have so many.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Did it seem like Elvis' uncle flip flopped super quick? I mean he went from seeing something supernatural and deemed to be the work of the devil in his mind, to somehow getting Elvis thrown in jail and taking his record, to giving up the record after a roughly 30 second speech? Seriously thought he was just going to take longer to have an epiphany or at least smash the record and the Legends would have to do something silly to fix it like re-record it themselves...but nope, he just hands it over and goes "Man, am I that easy to read. I just wanna understand the youths!"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

discworld is all I read posted:

Did it seem like Elvis' uncle flip flopped super quick? I mean he went from seeing something supernatural and deemed to be the work of the devil in his mind, to somehow getting Elvis thrown in jail and taking his record, to giving up the record after a roughly 30 second speech? Seriously thought he was just going to take longer to have an epiphany or at least smash the record and the Legends would have to do something silly to fix it like re-record it themselves...but nope, he just hands it over and goes "Man, am I that easy to read. I just wanna understand the youths!"

I was 95% sure he was about to smash it and two different points this episode.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I absolutely love that Uncle Pastor comes around with a rousing speech and that he wasn't really evil. That was refreshing. Also can't get enough of Wally using his powers like you'd expect a speedster to, which is nice given how they kept inventing ways for Firestorm to be benched. I'm sure him using powers competently won't last, but Wally is a great addition to the show after being wasted on The Flash for too long.

Mick is still the best, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wally running in and out of rooms doesn't really stretch the CGI-budget thankfully.