Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I don't know how anyone can watch debate videos. At least one participant will not act in good faith, they will talk past each other, and end up deep in the weeds arguing over a minor point which is tangential to the topic of the debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Watch? I have it on in the background while I do menial shite I can turn my brain off for.

32 minutes in and Carlgon is saying that Marxism is wrong because people are getting richer worldwide, and less of the world is living on less than a dollar a day now.

Unruhe points out that purchasing power parity is not the same, saying that it's all well and good to have a two dollars a day in Ghana but that's lost on a single loaf of bread. Carl is offended that a loaf of bread can cost so much money, saying bread isn't that price in the UK (spoiler: it is). Unruhe says you can look it up, Carl refuses to believe this or Google it.

This leads to Unruhe getting into the point that more people having ten dollars a day in the world isn't them necessarily the same because of purchasing power parity, which Carl says he's never heard of and doesn't think it sounds relevant. Unruhe is flabbergasted and patiently tries to point out that it's a rather important concept, to which Carl says they can discuss that another time because it's a different subject, and Unruhe pushes back that it's rather important to discussing Marxism in the modern day.

Carl moans that he doesn't have any data on this (the only thing he's cited so far is that loving Pinker book, which Unruhe pointed out is omitting information in order to not undermine his own arguments), and now Unruhe is trying to send him OECD data so he can explain to carl the basics of purchasing power parity.

Bless Unruhe for his patience because I'd have used some choice words by now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

This is magnificent :drat:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
constantly watching three hour long monetized alt right videos to own the chuds

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

the milk machine posted:

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Watch? I have it on in the background while I do menial shite I can turn my brain off for.

32 minutes in and Carlgon is saying that Marxism is wrong because people are getting richer worldwide, and less of the world is living on less than a dollar a day now.

Unruhe points out that purchasing power parity is not the same, saying that it's all well and good to have a two dollars a day in Ghana but that's lost on a single loaf of bread. Carl is offended that a loaf of bread can cost so much money, saying bread isn't that price in the UK (spoiler: it is). Unruhe says you can look it up, Carl refuses to believe this or Google it.

This leads to Unruhe getting into the point that more people having ten dollars a day in the world isn't them necessarily the same because of purchasing power parity, which Carl says he's never heard of and doesn't think it sounds relevant. Unruhe is flabbergasted and patiently tries to point out that it's a rather important concept, to which Carl says they can discuss that another time because it's a different subject, and Unruhe pushes back that it's rather important to discussing Marxism in the modern day.

Carl moans that he doesn't have any data on this (the only thing he's cited so far is that loving Pinker book, which Unruhe pointed out is omitting information in order to not undermine his own arguments), and now Unruhe is trying to send him OECD data so he can explain to carl the basics of purchasing power parity.

Carl is a text book example of a guy who read some books, but cant apply anything from them. All he can do is regurtitate quotes. He's the guy going "kafka-esque" at random.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the milk machine posted:

being fair I normally don't, I've only watched a bit of the RooshV Warski stream to watch him get owned by a bunch of women he despises, and then this one, and it's more to watch Unruhe's sisyphean task of making Carl of Swindon less stupid

also does it still monetise it if you play it via embed?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Archer666 posted:

Carl is a text book example of a guy who read some books, but cant apply anything from them. All he can do is regurtitate quotes. He's the guy going "kafka-esque" at random.

Lady at legitimate Swindon massage parlor: “no meat-touching, please.”

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Tesseraction posted:

holy poo poo, Carl making Unruhe look smart?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He named himself after the German word for anxiety disorder? That’s even stupider than the rest of them, although probably more honest.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

boner confessor posted:

manafort wants to be in prison so he doesn't have to be the test bed to figure out if putin can poison people on us soil too without consequence like he can in the uk

seriously manafort is filthy with russian connections and mafia ties and he is absolutely safer in solitary confinement somewhere
Pretty sure if Putin wants to have someone murdered in an American prison he can pull it off.

business hammocks posted:

He named himself after the German word for anxiety disorder? That’s even stupider than the rest of them, although probably more honest.
Or Unruhe is his actual surname? That's a pretty common one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Tesseraction posted:

the milk machine posted:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

lmao it's exactly what you'd expect

this is loving amazing. What was even funnier was seeing how they ripped GiantBomb vids for the clipshow, though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Watching a guy who got married in a Taco Bell shoot people in the head over and over in Fallout 4 instead of having a serious look at gun violence is extremely funny, and upsetting.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

business hammocks posted:

Lady at legitimate Swindon massage parlor: “no meat-touching, please.”

I get this joke!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/971832445367652352

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Shoehead posted:

Watching a guy who got married in a Taco Bell shoot people in the head over and over in Fallout 4 instead of having a serious look at gun violence is extremely funny, and upsetting.

Like it is literally just, “WELL LOOK AT THIS OVER HERE INSTEAD” and there are people who will gleefully buy it. I mean I don’t think most people are but somebody is. It’s hilarious.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tokamak posted:

I don't know how anyone can watch debate videos. At least one participant will not act in good faith, they will talk past each other, and end up deep in the weeds arguing over a minor point which is tangential to the topic of the debate.

it's lovely reality tv for people who delude themselves into thinking they are somehow too clever for lovely reality tv

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

woke cabbie country sounds like Narnia to me. there's probably one liberal cab driver on the planet and god personally sent him to own laura loomer.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
trump isn't popular with the non-politicians in dc, either

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There are good debate videos. They just involve not dumb internet randos obsessed with internet drama, but actual people with something to say. Personally, I really like IQ Squared. Here's one of their latest videos as an example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31CcclqEiZw

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

the milk machine posted:

trump isn't popular with the non-politicians in dc, either

2 years ago the cabbie would have made an obama joke and loomer would have jumped on it in order to say that even the worker class in dc hate obama

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
How do you laminate your brain so perfectly that you can listen to multiple hours of pundits going NANNY NANNY BOO BOO and not get all the Stupid AIDS from that :shrug:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flesh Forge posted:

How do you laminate your brain so perfectly that you can listen to multiple hours of pundits going NANNY NANNY BOO BOO and not get all the Stupid AIDS from that :shrug:

it helps if you already have stupid aids

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In somewhat related news, Martin Shkreli got 7 years and broke down blubbering like a pissbitch in the courtroom as he was sentenced

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DLC Inc posted:

In somewhat related news, Martin Shkreli got 7 years and broke down blubbering like a pissbitch in the courtroom as he was sentenced

the best part is that the "wu tang" album he bought is fake and he was the perfect mark

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wanna see those big blubbery tears.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

DLC Inc posted:

img-sicko-yes.png

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

boner confessor posted:

the best part is that the "wu tang" album he bought is fake and he was the perfect mark

wait loving what

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

codenameFANGIO posted:

wait loving what

various members of the wu-tang clan (method man, u-god) have claimed their verses were recorded under the pretenses of being for a project by some dude named cilvaringz, not an official wu-tang album. also, they never got to hear anything which is not the way they record big name projects for the wu-tang clan.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

codenameFANGIO posted:

wait loving what

long story short it was made by rza's protege cilvaringz, who got some (but not all) wu tang affiliated rappers to contribute some verses to what was understood to be a cilvaringz album. which was then sold as if it were a one of a kind wu tang album, but the rest of the wu tang clan including people who were on that album were like "uhh this is news to us"

so shkreli definitely bought a rap album, it is definitely one of a kind, and it definitely has some wu tang rappers on it. but it is not a wu tang album, and it is nowehere near worth a hundred grand let alone two million or whatever that idiot paid for it

they really found the perfect mark because not only was shkreli rich enough to afford to bid it up and stupid enough to pay for it, he then sat on it and didn't let anyone else listen to it. in the alternate timeline where he released the album people would have very quickly figured out that it's not a wu tang album

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/martin-shkreli-wu-tang-album-may-be-fake.html

quote:

In 2015, Shkreli famously shelled out big bucks in an online auction for what was then billed as the only copy in existence of the rare, storied Wu-Tang album Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, making it the most expensive album ever sold. Since then, he’s been the album’s sole owner — terms of the sale were supposed to have barred him from ever selling it — bragging rights he’s made sure to rub in Wu-Tang fans’ faces. However, Method Man’s manager, rappers Killa Sin and Shyheim Franklin, U-God’s manger, and two unnamed Wu-Tang affiliates now corroborate the widely held theory that the album is virtually worthless because it was never made as a sanctioned Wu-Tang album.

They all point to RZA protégé and producer Cilvaringz (Tarik Azzougarh) as the mastermind behind the alleged scheme; he brought in various affiliates to record verses under the impression that they would be used on his own album. They later found out that Cilvaringz and RZA then pieced together these verses, along with others from official members like Raekwon, to make Shaolin. “It’s not an authorized Wu-Tang Clan album. It never was,” U-God’s manager Domingo Neris tells Bloomberg. “We would never have authorized anyone to put together a project and call it a Wu-Tang Clan record without us ever looking at it, hearing it, or being in the same room together.” (U-God has since sued over unpaid royalties on the album.) Method Man’s manager James Ellis adds that the confusion extends to the top of the crew: “When we did the verses, it was for a Cilvaringz album. How it became a Wu-Tang album from there? We have no knowledge of that.”

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Honestly at this point the funniest thing would be for Wu to release the album for free.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Busket Posket posted:

Richard Spencer’s lawyer is “cutting ties” with an alt-right group he helped create, after journalists dared to slander him by describing the group. The old “using actual facts hurts my reputation and feelings so I’m going home” maneuver. :qq:

honestly if anything cripples/kills the alt right more, its poo poo like this. all these dudes hate each other just like the original nazis.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tesseraction posted:

i dislike unhruhe personaly. (tankie assadist/DPRK jackoff) but good on him for stomping a sophist fucktard like carl. it shows how weak the alt right is if loving fringe tankies can stomp their poo poo.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Honestly at this point the funniest thing would be for Wu to release the album for free.

I think the best thing is to have Bill Murray and the Wu Tang Clan to stage a "theft" as a performance piece, even if it's a poo poo album.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mistle posted:

I think the best thing is to have Bill Murray and the Wu Tang Clan to stage a "theft" as a performance piece, even if it's a poo poo album.

Easily one of the most amazing friendships ever

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

wow the procedural filings from the bill o'rielly suit are insane

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
That butt kissing paragraph cannot be real, it's too much like the pooping back and forth forever line from Steel Magnolia. It's also too gross to imagine o'rilley saying that.

I mean I believe it is real, but holy poo poo!

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Is it another Pixelated Boat masterpiece like The Gorilla Channel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7/status/972213320395706369

this is a step up from the analingus pic

• Locked thread