Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

The Leck posted:

waffle nut

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fun fact: that pistachio company has a private airstrip in the central valley called WONDERFUL PISTACHIOS AND ALMONDS AIRPORT

when i get my license i'm gonna try to get them to let me do a touch-and-go there because i desperately want that in my logbook

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

y'all thought i was playin

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i would imagine that it's not pictured because it doesn't resemble the number 9

and yet

i mean youre not wrong unless of course its on a flag pole i suppose

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Leck posted:

A wonut, doffle[citation needed], wownut, waffle-donut or waffle nut[citation needed] is a hybrid food made from a combination of the cooking techniques and inputs of a waffle and a doughnut.

somehow i read hybrid as hypothetical

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i am the wonut
goo goo g'joob

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Varlam Shalamov notes in one of his tales, that the Butyrka is extremely hot in summer; Eduard Limonov, in his drama Death in the Police Van, emphatically agrees. He says that, with the collapse of the Soviet regime, overcrowding has become a real issue; there are more than one hundred inmates in cells meant to contain ten people. Most of these people are politically unreliable subjects from the Caucasus. Since epidemics are a problem, the wardens try to fill cells entirely with people with AIDS, or with tuberculosis; however, this does little to curb the problem, since many inmates are drug users, and there is at most one needle per cell. Moreover, inmates are brought to the tribunal in overcrowded police vans, so that healthy inmates are exposed to tuberculosis.

On a lighter note, television has been allowed since 1995.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

fun fact: that pistachio company has a private airstrip in the central valley called WONDERFUL PISTACHIOS AND ALMONDS AIRPORT

when i get my license i'm gonna try to get them to let me do a touch-and-go there because i desperately want that in my logbook

less fun fact: that company is responsible for depleting a hinge chunk of California’s water supply and lobbying for destabilizing sanctions against Iran

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the guy from the big short latched onto california nut farm investments as a way to leverage water which he sees as the next big thing

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

The first known mention of the word was in the third century AD in a book called Liber Medicinalis (sometimes known as De Medicina Praecepta Saluberrima) by Quintus Serenus Sammonicus,[6] physician to the Roman emperor Caracalla, who in chapter 51 prescribed that malaria[7] sufferers wear an amulet containing the word written in the form of a triangle,[8] or "abracadabrangle"[citation needed].

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i can't tell if that's more tim & eric or look around you

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

List of culinary nuts this article may or may not be what you expect, depending.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

List of culinary nuts this article may or may not be what you expect, depending.

quote:

The almond is one of only two nuts mentioned in the Bible.

:thunk:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

A young girl finds the flower, and thus begins a 22-minute hell ride into your darkest fears.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

wow i didn't even notice the insane amount of detail put into that list. some fancrufty wiki editor really loves nuts! you could say, perhaps, that they go nuts for them :razz:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
In Japan, there are places like Macho Cafe[10] and Macho Meat Shop[11] where buff[clarification needed] men serve food and drinks for a limited time.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Macho Meat Shop

mods, please

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

wow i didn't even notice the insane amount of detail put into that list. some fancrufty wiki editor really loves nuts! you could say, perhaps, that they go nuts for them :razz:

that was not :thejoke: I was aiming for

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I am so happy this thread still exists

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

a testament to the worthlessness of wikipedia

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i've always been partial to the wikipedia game of finding which article is longer, for stuff like the moon vs the moon (dragonball z)

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've always been partial to the wikipedia game of finding which article is longer, for stuff like the moon vs the moon (dragonball z)

yeah it's pretty great. did that actually originate here or did we just adopt it?

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/wikigroaning/

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah it's pretty great. did that actually originate here or did we just adopt it?

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/wikigroaning/

p sure fyad started it back when wikipedia was real new

which led to the vandalism contests

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
it started here, the first wikigroaning article got an unreasonable amount of press

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
unfortunately the ratios showcased in all three of them have pretty much been rectified over the years :sigh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
plus it doesn't account for topics that are so broad they're broken up into sub-articles

like, yeah, maybe there are more words in the DBZ moon page than in the main moon overview page but almost every section of the moon page has a link to its own dedicated article and you'd have 2-3 times as much text if you merged them all together

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
really the point is that wikipedia just has an overabundance of spergs willing to write page after page on their fav animes compared to actual articles about the world

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
the best was “lightsaber fighting styles”

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i once met an actual human being who proudly declared that he lives by the jedi code

ah yes noted spiritual advisor geroge lucas

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

George posted:

i once met an actual human being who proudly declared that he lives by the jedi code

the best part of the last star wars was when yoda comes back from the dead to set fire to luke's collection of star wars books

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

George posted:

Japanese Star Wars Video Game Erotica :discourse:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Soricidus posted:

the best part of the last star wars was when yoda comes back from the dead to set fire to luke's collection of star wars books

i would smoke with ghost yoda

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

really the point is that wikipedia just has an overabundance of spergs willing to write page after page on their fav animes compared to actual articles about the world

a lot of real articles now have big sections split out into their own pages. using the moon example, the first detail section is formation and has "Main articles: Origin of the Moon and Giant-impact hypothesis" both of which are quite long articles on their own

the anime spergs got to wikipedia first but now "real" articles are pretty filled in. it only took what... 15 years?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Soricidus posted:

that's actually one of the worst parts because it turns out that rey had the books all along and it was a meaningless lie

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:wow:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lear_(1808_cricketer)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_players_with_unidentified_given_names

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_(baseball)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

that's actually one of the worst parts because it turns out that rey had the books all along and it was a meaningless lie

it wasn't meaningless to Luke, who believed it and was spurred into action by those events