Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

guess what my library shuffle plays? same song twice in a row, because i had the audacity to store both the song and the music video

sometimes i get this because i store different rare/versions of songs because im an autist and guess what i use:

skip track button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Last Chance posted:

sometimes i get this because i store different rare/versions of songs because im an autist and guess what i use:

skip track button

why should i skip a video in my songs when there is a separate category that has just videos? how hard is it to reciprocate and make song category for songs alone?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

*in extremely intelligent apple defaults voice* lets h ave a default folder for just all video files, a default folder for all video and audio files, and no default folder for just all audio files

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
itunes is unbelievably terrible

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
itunes is for the handful of albums not on spotify, also never let it manage videos

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Shaggar posted:

itunes is unbelievably terrible

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol i'm a teenager in 2009 I put music videos on my telephone so I can watch them at maxed out volume in the back of the bus

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

it's me, the itunes sperg

make a smart playlist, pick "kind" and tell it to only have music in there. play from this playlist instead.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

emoji posted:

Sync literally means delete in Apple and will lose data if you use it.

lol ok

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

IUG posted:

make a smart playlist, pick "kind" and tell it to only have music in there. play from this playlist instead.

IUG posted:

thank you!

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Problem with people being correct?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

it really says something about axl rose that notorious starfucker tim cook wants nothing to do with him

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
praying that timb will make good of his promise to focus on QA the next software releases because poo poo's really been piling up

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
if you guys wanna have a good laugh about swift check out the mac app store Xcode, the swift IDE, reviews

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/xcode/id497799835?mt=12

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the Apple battery replacement experience, online support will order a battery to be delivered to your store...

quote:

The Apple Store will hold your battery for 7 days after it is received by the store. A Genius Bar reservation will not be required to complete service.

go to the store “oh we’re out of reservations let’s book you for tomorrow”

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

if you guys wanna have a good laugh about swift check out the mac app store Xcode, the swift IDE, reviews

219 ratings.... heh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

219 ratings.... heh

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Has iOS reached os9 levels of bad yet?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

maybe these idiots should stop making an ide based on the shell of iTunes

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
How much soundjam code is still in iTunes?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
iTunes was the last Mac first party application to go 64-bit (not counting the Xcode iOS simulator which had a legitimate need for it). for a while it was the only 32 bit app shipping with macOS. this was because they were depending on some carbon code in there and it just could not be fixed. when carbon was killed, they had to find a solution. obviously that solution was to statically link in their own carbon mini library to keep that code running.

I think they eventually managed to kill it since it is 64 bit these days but lol, those guys are terrible at software engineering.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

iTunes was the last Mac first party application to go 64-bit (not counting the Xcode iOS simulator which had a legitimate need for it). for a while it was the only 32 bit app shipping with macOS. this was because they were depending on some carbon code in there and it just could not be fixed. when carbon was killed, they had to find a solution. obviously that solution was to statically link in their own carbon mini library to keep that code running.

I think they eventually managed to kill it since it is 64 bit these days but lol, those guys are terrible at software engineering.

Mary J Blige. That is all.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
oh, and every time there was a new iPod they had to build a new iTunes with support for it. this meant like a 50 meg download, which was a big deal for many people at the time, for the tens of millions of iPod owners.

it is unclear to me why they weren’t able to just pull a library to add support for the new iPod instead of downloading the whole thing.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cis autodrag posted:

Mary J Blige. That is all.

I don’t know what this means but she performed at the Christmas beer bash once and it was pretty good.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

I don’t know what this means but she performed at the Christmas beer bash once and it was pretty good.

There's a story related to her and lovely iTunes hacks but I don't think I can tell you if you don't already know :(

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
iMessages still appear out of order

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

There's a story related to her and lovely iTunes hacks but I don't think I can tell you if you don't already know :(

God drat it I want to know this so badly

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Honestly I consider iTunes a huge engineering feat. It's playing songs to my HomePod right now from the same library I started in 2003. yeah yeah, MS is great for backwards compatibility, sure sure, but who used and still uses Windows Media Player from the same era to stream music?

no one.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Last Chance posted:

Honestly I consider iTunes a huge engineering feat. It's playing songs to my HomePod right now from the same library I started in 2003. yeah yeah, MS is great for backwards compatibility, sure sure, but who used and still uses Windows Media Player from the same era to stream music?

no one.

Amazing that a company with 300billion dollars is able develop software that can handle a database as large as 100mb!

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

leftist heap posted:

iMessages still appear out of order

sure do. it’s bad.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Well sure its a music db, but i also used it to sync and airplay to a shitton of devices, like my first third gen ipod, all the way up to whenever iCloud backups didn't exist, a few diff. speaker setups with atvs and optical connections, idk, there's a lot of things itunes has done for me.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

jony neuemonic posted:

sure do. it’s bad.

it's been a bug since december

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

leftist heap posted:

i honestly don’t understand how. it should just order them by a timestamp right? are they throwing away seconds or something?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

leftist heap posted:

there is no such thing as december

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

in 2005 i ripped my whole cd collection with itunes and it was just so fuckin easy. hell i even ripped a cd into ALAC the other week so i could airplay it with even less lag because it doesn't have to transcode it.

i shudder to imagine the piles and piles of old code that all of this is stacked on, but i still consider that a good feat bc i can still listen to my music and i don't think about the interface or slow gui or w/e. it just plays music thats all i want

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
man_increasingly_trying_to_justify_bad_decisions.txt

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Last Chance posted:

in 2005 i ripped my whole cd collection with itunes and it was just so fuckin easy. hell i even ripped a cd into ALAC the other week so i could airplay it with even less lag because it doesn't have to transcode it.

i shudder to imagine the piles and piles of old code that all of this is stacked on, but i still consider that a good feat bc i can still listen to my music and i don't think about the interface or slow gui or w/e. it just plays music thats all i want

Winamp could also do that without being 150mb

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Management posted:

lmao that sounds like the kind of thing we would do at work, and we are basically the legacy software company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

man_increasingly_trying_to_justify_bad_decisions.txt

idk what am i supposed to build new libraries and playlists? i dont have time for that poo poo