Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to assume there was something special about the chakra that enabled it to chop off Yoyo's arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I think yoyos arms were cut off when she returned back. If you think about it, she always has to return to where she started, so if you know she's going to use her powers, throw your boomerang right at that moment. She probably didn't realize she was being targeted and as soon as she snapped back is when the boomerang was actually released and more or less instantly dis-armed her.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Yeah, I thought they made that fairly clear by having a second devoted to Slice Spice gauging Yo-Yo's starting/returning point. I'd guess she had registered how long it took Yo-yo to snap back the first time, and the second, she timed it so the flight of the chakra coincided with her reappearance.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SpartanIvy posted:

I think yoyos arms were cut off when she returned back. If you think about it, she always has to return to where she started, so if you know she's going to use her powers, throw your boomerang right at that moment. She probably didn't realize she was being targeted and as soon as she snapped back is when the boomerang was actually released and more or less instantly dis-armed her.

Habibi posted:

Yeah, I thought they made that fairly clear by having a second devoted to Slice Spice gauging Yo-Yo's starting/returning point. I'd guess she had registered how long it took Yo-yo to snap back the first time, and the second, she timed it so the flight of the chakra coincided with her reappearance.

Watch it again. Not-Xena throws it to intercept Yo-yo. She got her arms cut off as she was running forwards towards Mack then stops when it happens. Yes it's stupid and makes no sense.

Also with your theory she would get to Mack and do nothing before warping back since Mack was still struggling with the robot.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Habibi posted:

Unless she had a her arms raised like a zombie going for braaaains it doesn't really make much sense where ever she was when they got chopped.
I'm guessing the girl is a robot like the soldiers, probably upgraded version, hence her super anti Yo-Yo reactions and magic throwing abilities.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Finally got to watch the episode. Disappointed the thread title hasn't been changed to "We have a small but active fan base."

Very glad to be back in the present where the team can go outside and get down to spy hijinks like Daisy the social worker. I'm a bit confused about Ruby's motives but I guess she is a sheltered assassin prodigy so her being all over the place and not acting like a person makes a bit of sense. At least her villain outfit looks rad.

As for the Yoyo question, I'm of the mind that she lost her arms in a new way this time but it's throwing her into a fatalist spiral.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I need to have that Quake poster in the new the girls room ASAP.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The episode was ok but goddamn Yo-Yo losing her arms was irksome. Are all speedsters on TV destined to suffer from stupidity?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

The episode was ok but goddamn Yo-Yo losing her arms was irksome. Are all speedsters on TV destined to suffer from stupidity?

I don't know about the others, but Yo-Yo was, because It Happened In The Comics.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Can someone describe the stinger at the end of the episode? I missed it.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Kheldarn posted:

I don't know about the others, but Yo-Yo was, because It Happened In The Comics.

I read this the other day.

I'm going with the show version being dumber. No one should ever be able to touch her but in the show it makes no sense how a thrown chakram somehow hits her while running to cut off both arms above the elbow. At least the faster than light swordsman had an obvious target.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is her power in her arms?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Josh Lyman posted:

Can someone describe the stinger at the end of the episode? I missed it.

Creel (absorbing man) is jogging along and an SUV pulls up. He says "I'm out, I don't do that hitman stuff anymore," General :commissar: says "I don't want a hitman, I'm putting together a team" and he gets in.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
Calling it now. Creel's gonna absorb gravitonium. Either as the catalyst for the world's destruction or as a heroic sacrifice.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Oh hey Lash, fancy seeing you here...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
FEAR DIMENSION

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the FEAR DIMENSION

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Dethlok coming

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is this episode gonna be Coulson's memories and thoughts as he dies?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Codependent Poster posted:

Is this episode gonna be Coulson's memories and thoughts as he dies?

I will say, Coulson dying this quickly into the tease would be quite the "game changer" they've been promising...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Welp, LMD Simmons was freaky.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Well, at the very least we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that was Mack's greatest fear...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well...it's kinda Deathlok

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Hey, it's decidedly not-Dethlok!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is a really clever manifestation of fear

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well this would be a bold direction

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

This is good, and hell if it's true it'd be a great explanation as to why the movies don't reference any of this poo poo...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lol it's not true guys come on

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Hi real Deathlok.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hi Deathlok

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh hey there's the real Deathlock

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

THERE'S MY REAL BOY IN THE FLESH (and metal)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hell yeah, Deathlok is back!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell yes

Good poo poo

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Deathlok making up for lost time and owning poo poo right off the bat.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I love Deke.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IT'S HAPPENING FOLKS

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

:3: :3: :3:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wedding! :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

This is a stupendous ending to the 100th episode...