Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

oh i remember this phase, just have paula use pray a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Go to the game's folder and remove the script files for all the dead characters.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

suddenly cats posted:

I feel like we have to make a bullet out of "not part of the game" and then use it on "eternal game utopia". It would make sense to stop the loop by reminding Hajime that most of these people are gone, right?

Yeah, this sounds like a plan... Let's try this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Shoot "eternal game utopia" with nihil

It's a bullet and it claims bullets are for shooting

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I think I agree with the line of shoot "Eternal game utopia" with "Not part of the game."

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Should shoot Hajime's loving Head with Eternal Game Utopia.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
You have to stick Hajime in rice overnight.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Have you tried updating your Hajime to the latest version? Try a beta release Hajime if that doesn't help.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Just adjust the antenna

:golfclap:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
H̶e̵y̴,̴ ̷d̴o̸ ̷y̸o̸u̴ ̴g̴u̸y̸s̷ ̴e̶v̸e̶r̶ ̵g̷e̴t̴ ̷t̷h̶e̸ ̷f̷e̴e̵l̷i̸n̴g̴ ̶o̵f̷ ̶d̴é̶j̵à̵ ̶v̴u̴?̵ ̷E̸h̶,̶ ̸p̴r̵o̸b̷a̵b̸l̵y̷ ̶n̴o̵t̵h̷i̸n̸g̵.̷ ̷T̷o̴ ̶s̴o̶l̵v̴e̷ ̵y̷o̴u̴r̷ ̵p̶r̵o̸b̷l̶e̸m̵,̷ ̵m̸a̵k̸e̶ ̸H̸a̷j̸i̴m̴e̸ ̷h̸o̴l̷d̶ ̶d̴o̴w̶n̴ ̴t̶h̶e̶ ̵t̴r̵i̶a̴n̸g̵l̶e̸ ̸b̶u̸t̶t̵o̴n̴ ̴a̸n̴d̴d̵d̷d̵d̶d̵d̸d̷d̴d̷d̸d̶d̵d̵d̷

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

FORD THE RIVER

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXE8LdXzeHM

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The thread posted:

> Shoot "eternal game utopia" with "part of the game"

Thank you everyone... Let's hope this works...

:siren: ............................................... :siren:

> Absorb "part of the game"!

: ...

> Shoot "eternal game utopia"!

: This world...!

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Cool, so no actual update then?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

The worst part of this "debate" is going through all of this dialouge to get to Chiaki's second statement, aiming for the eternal game utopia weak point... and missing. Twice :negative:.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Terper posted:

There are two possible outcomes here (the reset doesn't count). Either they Graduate, and the consciousnesses they have right now will be returned to their bodies, and Hinata will no longer be super-talented, because all of that will be wiped away. Or they activate the Shutdown, meaning the consciousnesses they had before the program started will be restored, and the Hinata we've known all this time will be gone forever.

Haifisch posted:

Yeah, the implication is that Hinata is so different from Kamukura that he'd basically be committing suicide if he goes with the shutdown sequence(unlike the others, whose pre-program selves are an unknown factor & corrupted by Despair but still easy for them to see as themselves). Hinata's understandably a little hesistant about that. :v:

His pre-despair self seemed to be cool with sandblasting his brain clean to get replaced with someone cooler, as Hinata was apparently a fanboy with delusions of grandeur. Apparently that's not the case now. Either this Hinata isn't much like the original, or Hinata might not have been willing the first time he got wiped.

Either possibility is kinda unsettling.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Cuntellectual posted:

His pre-despair self seemed to be cool with sandblasting his brain clean to get replaced with someone cooler, as Hinata was apparently a fanboy with delusions of grandeur. Apparently that's not the case now. Either this Hinata isn't much like the original, or Hinata might not have been willing the first time he got wiped.

The implication I always read was that Hope's Peak told Hajime he'd get Ultimate Talent, but not that he'd suffer personality death to get it. He didn't know.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

dancingbears posted:

The implication I always read was that Hope's Peak told Hajime he'd get Ultimate Talent, but not that he'd suffer personality death to get it. He didn't know.

Yeah - with the Reserve Class even existing at all pretty much said most of the staff is extremely unethical, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't consider warning their guinea pigs of the side effect.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Cuntellectual posted:

Or something happened during his time in the Reserve Course that put him up to it, something he now doesn't remember.

These guys are missing like, two, maybe three years of personal growth and development at this point? Lots can happen in that time.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Self-loathing is a hell of a drug.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Ah... It would seem I've picked the best possible time to binge the entire LP over a few days. Perhaps this is what the kids call... Ultimate Luck?

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010

Hjalmar posted:

Ah... It would seem I've picked the best possible time to binge the entire LP over a few days. Perhaps this is what the kids call... Ultimate Luck?

(Hjalmar's pets die as some sort of weird karmic trade-off)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hjalmar posted:

Right guys, you find the ropes and I'll knock him out

might be wrong
Oct 11, 2012
With all due respect, I think this whole sequence might have been more effective as a single video update.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
...As a single video update? Is the poster above referring to that part of the game?

(Yes it was thinly spread but narrative pacing. Refer to Team America's Montage for tips).

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: ............................................... :siren:

: Who...are you...?

: I'm just a part of the game...but you guys aren't, right?
: Chiaki...is that you...? Why are you here...?
: ...Hmm, I don't know.
: Does this mean you're my memory of Chiaki? Because...you should've already disappeared...
: ...Oh well, it doesn't matter.
: Anyway...don't you think they're messed up? Telling us the world's going to be destroyed and to sacrifice ourselves...? There's no way I can choose...
: For someone like me...I'm just not able to choose...
: Seriously...I've had enough... I'm tired of being mixed up in all this stuff I don't understand... Not only was I told that I have no talent at all, but if I get out, I'll go back to being Ultimate Despair... And on top of that...I was told I'm going to disappear too. Isn't that messed up?
: ...Hey, you don't want that either, right? I mean, if we lose our memories, there won't be a single trace of your existence left. You're going to completely disappear...and none of us will ever remember you...
: ...No I won't.
: ...Huh?

: Even if I cease to "exist"... Even if you guys never remember me again... That doesn't mean I will completely disappear. As long as everyone continues to move forward toward the future we created together, I will never disappear.
: What I lived for, fought for, and risked my life for will still exist.
: Y-You're right but...
: You're...probably just scared, right? Not just of disappearing... You're scared of moving toward the future with such a heavy burden, right?
: Yeah...I'm scared... I'm obviously terrified...of that...

: How much longer are you going to be this indecisive!?
: ...Huh!?
: Didn't you want to become someone with confidence? Isn't that why you admired Hope's Peak Academy?
: B-Bu...even Hope's Peak Academy tricked me...
: Hajime...you're had it wrong this whole time.
: ...Wrong?

: Having talent isn't the goal. There's something much more important than whether or not you have talent, right?
: ...What's important is that you believe in yourself. If you can't do that... No matter how much talent you possess, you will never be confident in yourself.
: Just like...how you were in the past.
: Y-You...
: Hey, who are you? I mean...you should've already disappeared, right...?

: But past Hajime is in the past. He's not the same Hajime who spent time with me and the others in this world.
: So it's going to be all right... I think it's time you finally had confidence in yourself.
: ...Hey Chiaki...can you tell me something? Which...which choice should I make?
: My hope...the world's hope...which one should I choose?
: You guys are the only ones...who have the right to decide your future. And the responsibility too.
: So you're saying...I should choose for myself?

: But if you can't choose either future... Why don't you just create one?
: Create...?
: Even if this world is just a game, you guys aren't part of the game. You guys don't have to just choose a future... You should be able to create one as well.
: Do you think someone like me...can do that?
: Since you're not part of the game, you don't have to worry about talent, skill or level. You guys...have a tremendous ultimate move that can overcome anything.

: I guess what I'm trying to say is...if you just do it, things will turn out okay!
: I-If I do it, things will turn out okay...
: Of course, games aren't very fun when they're easy to clear.
: B-But...this isn't a game, right?
: Hey, Hajime... This isn't for the sake of anyone else. You... You have to do this for yourself.

: Now then! It's about time you show me your cool side, Hajime. C'mon, I'll help out too...
: Help...?

: I was even betrayed by the academy I admired so much...
: I don't want to disappear...
: I'm not Izuru Kamukura...
: Who cares what will happen to the world...?
: I don't want to sacrifice myself...
: It's not like I'll be appreciated anyway...
: There's no way we can beat Junko!
: It's the Future Foundation's fault...
: Not mine...
: I can't choose the future...

: You should even be able to create the future.

Is this really me...?

It's totally...uncool...

: ...............

> Absorb "create the future"

> Shoot "I have no talent at all..."

> Shoot "even betrayed by the academy"

> Shoot "I don't want to disappear..."

> Shoot "I'm not Izuru Kamukura..."

> Shoot "Who cares"

> Shoot "sacrifice myself..."

> Shoot "not like I'll be appreciated"

> Shoot "no way we can beat Junko"

> Shoot "Future Foundation's fault..."

: Even so...

> Shoot "Not mine..."

: Even so...!

> Shoot "I can't choose the future..."

: Even so, I...!

: No matter what kind of future it is... As long as you guys move toward it, I will never disappear. Everything that happened here...it won't be meaningless...
: If you guys carried the burden of both hope and despair, you should even be able to create the future. Even if it's a convenient miracle... If you just do it, things will turn out okay!
: That's why you can't hesitate now. Resolve to throw everything away, and give it everything you got!
: I'll...be cheering for you, too...

: Ah, that reminds me...
: I forgot to say it again...

No Music.

: You can't lose hope!
: If the memories we made here disappear... I will not even remember...why everyone died...
: If we don't rid the world of despair...
: The Tragedy will start once again.
: I want to see Peko one more time...
: If we turn back into Ultimate Despair... We might be killed by the Future Foundation, right...?
: This is your responsibility since you're the ones who fell to despair...!
: It's not my responsibility... It's the Future Foundation's...
: They're both hope, and they're both despair! A conclusion will never be loving reached!

: .....tap..............A....

: ..keep.........tapping....................restore...........interface

: Almost....there..........one more...

: That does it! We're back!

: And we're just in time too! It looks like the others are in rough shape right now.
: We have no Truth Bullets to fight Junko with. But, like Chiaki said, why don't we just create our own Future instead!

: Hold A to store power!

: Keep storing...

: Almost there!

: Let's do this!

> Fire "Future"

: A conclusion will never be loving reached!

: No, that's wrong!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Hajime! Your gun is the gun that will shoot THE FUTURE! BELIEVE IN THE CHIAKI THAT BELIEVES IN YOU!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
And here we see Hajime's true talent: Super High School Level Saiyan.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0eJY95rMY

This immediantly came to mind.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
I can't believe Hajime was Ishimaru all along.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Between this and the ending of Automata it's been an awfully dusty week in the LP subforum...

Though man the delivery on that line does not even remotely live up to the art

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The conversation with Chiaki juuuust ruined me the first time I read through it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I didn't quite tear up but that conversation is definitely immensely moving if you're invested enough to play this far into the game.

That said, FPZero or someone else needs to do a simulwatch of DR3 to show how it ruins everything ever. :toot:

I was more thinking of The Gun That Can Kill The Past. :v:

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
The Hajime/Chiaki heart to heart is legit my favorite scene in this game, if not the entire series. It's just so good.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Those lip flaps on Chiaki are unfortunate, but yeah! Super Hajime God Super Hajime is go!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cyouni posted:

I can't believe Hajime was Ishimaru all along.

Clearly they've performed some form of fusion to become a greater Super Saiyan.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

SMaster777 posted:

The Hajime/Chiaki heart to heart is legit my favorite scene in this game, if not the entire series. It's just so good.

It’s definitely a cathartic moment after all of this despair and gloom. I, uh, might have surged to my feet the first time through doing the whole “reject Izuru” thing. It’s good to remember that this series, at least in my opinion, is very good at finales. (At least, the main series is... I won’t speak of those other things.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

No Music.

: There won't just be hope... There will probably be a lot of despair too...

: I don't know what kind of future awaits us...

: ...But our futures are ours! I won't let anyone take them!

: ...Huh? Who the hell are you?

: I've decided...I'm done running away...

: I will fight for my future! I will fight alongside the future that everyone created for me!

: It's not for anyone else's sake but my own!

: D-Don't tell me...Izuru? Hey, what the heck is going on!? I-Is this...a serious bug or something!?

: I...am not Izuru Kamukura...

: I am Hajime Hinata!

: We have Infinite Cuts available and Junko is panicking! We've got this!

: You despair because you yearn for hope!

: You yearn for hope because you despair!

: Let's finish this already!

: There's no need for you to choose!

: Close your eyes and cover your ears!

: Just shut the hell up!

: If you do that, this game is gonna continue forever!

: If you don't want that, just turn off the game!

: Even so, I...

: You don't have to look...at the hopeless future...

: > Slice "hopeless future..." with "Future"!

: I'll never let anyone choose again!

: Junko starts at Max Tempo, but it doesn't matter to us!

: We have Infinite Bullets, no Reload and no penalty for making a mistake!

: Just pop Fever Time at the start or save it to counteract her Negative Time!

: Junko doesn't stand a chance against the Future!

: You won't be able to do it...! You won't be able to do anything!

: Wh-What the heck is wrong with you...? Why is there a bug like this...all of a sudden.../

: Everyone...let's shut this game down...!

: Huh B-But...

: D-Don't you get it...? If we start the shutdown sequence, we'll...

: There's never only one choice to make... There's no way I'll allow things to end this way. The future everyone has created for us should have more possibilities than that.

: Let's leave this place with confidence, and from there we can just create it on our own.

: ...The future that we want!

: Wh-What are you saying!? There's no way something that convenient is going to happen!

: It wouldn't be strange if a miracle happened...

: This isn't a game! We can change the future as much as we want!

: E-Even if you talk big... If you leave here...you're just gonna forget everything... Th-That goes for everyone else...!

: Um... We just have to press these two buttons at the same time, correct?

: Um...I wonder... I do not really understand it myself, but...

: I just...I just saw it.

: When my body felt so heavy that I could not move, when I felt as though I was sinking into a deep, black sea... It was at that moment, I somehow heard Hajime's voice... And though it was just a flash, I saw it. Like a lighthouse beacon shining across an ocean of darkness... A warm, yet resolute, light...
: The one who shined that light...it was probably...

: ...You saw it too, right Hajime? The future we are going to create from this moment on, it is also the future that everyone has created, right?
: Then...there is no way we can stop now!

: S-Seriously...that's a suicidal decision...

: I'm well aware it might be an act of suicide. There's no telling how this'll play out... But...

: I...I heard her voice. In fact...I think it was the first time she ever yelled at me...
: Heh, I can't stand on my own two feet if she keeps treating me like a drat kid!

: I don't like thinkin' about complicated stuff... If there's someone strong worth fightin', I'll fight. That's just who I am, y'know?

: ...That's what it means to be confident, right? Then...I'm gonna choose this!

: Man...this sure is getting annoying again... But...if you're saying you're gonna do it, there's no way I can back out now...

: If I don't have any place to go back to, I should at least protect this place no matter what!

: Y-You all...why...?

: Why...? How...how can you guys throw yourselves back into the depths of despair!?

: Because we believe...

: We believe in our future... That's what makes us different from you... We believe that if we try new things, even difficult things, that everything will turn out okay.

: We believe we can even create our own futures!

: Th-That's impossible...that can't be hope...it's not even despair...

: Wh-WH-WHAAAT IIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS THIIIIIIIS!?

: Hajime... Everyone...

: ...Thank you.

: I'm not...the one you should be thanking.

: We may be able to create our own futures, but I just can't create one where I get an A rank for the trial!

: ...Well, let's get started.

: ...I didn't think it would end this easily.

: Huh? It's not the end, right?

: This is just the beginning...right?

: First, we need to let this game world end...

: And from that point on...we're the ones who are going to create.

Music fades out.

:siren: GAME OVER FOR JUNKO :siren:

No Music.

: Gyaha...gyahahahahaha... Man, this is absolute despair... I feel despair upon despair and despair toward despair yet again... How fun.

: Once you've experienced the despair I've suffered, there's no turning back.

: Living in the shadows of past memories... That's...too sad, you know...

: Ah, but I guess...I no longer...I no longer have to...hope for despair...

: That...is...just...so...hope...l...e...s...s...

: ...What was that just now? Why did Usami appear? She should have already disappeared.
: I guess...it's just as Hajime said.
: At least...this wasn't the ending prepared for them. This was...the ending they created.
: Are you saying...they're moving toward such an uncertain future on purpose...?
: Even so...the only thing we can do now is leave it to them. This game world is going to end soon... There is nothing more we can do.
: Regardless...there's no need for us to do anything.

: Man, it's collapsing...
: You're right...
: Um...I am sorry to trouble everyone but...
: Even if we awaken in the real world and forget about what transpired here...it will still have meaning, right?
: Of course, Miss Sonia. I don't know the proper way to say this...but I-I kinda feel the same way too!
: You're so bad at explaining things... Now that it's the end, you should at least try a little harder!
: ...People can't change that easily, y'know!
: Well, whether it has meaning or not, it all depends on us now...

: Time's almost up...
: ...I'm pretty scared.
: I am...scared too...
: But it's okay, right? It makes sense to feel scared, right?
: THAT'S THE FUTURE!

: Hey! I'll never forget you guys, or the others!
: You guys better remember me too! My name is...Kazuichi Soda!

: Heh, with your colorful personalities, there's no way I'd forget you guys that easily!
: Even if I forget...I will use all might might and remember!

: If you start talkin' weird later Hajime, I'll beat you up till you turn back to normal!
: That's a relief...but make sure you hold back as much as you can.

So this is the end...

But...it's just the beginning. ...Isn't that right?

It doesn't change how scared I am... I can't help feeling scared...so scared, but...

: Thank you...
: Thank you, Chiaki...

: Phew...I finally said it.

Music fades out.

: Me too... Thank you.

: I'll..never forget about you guys... I'll never...ever forget...

: I'll be cheering for you guys from now on...from somewhere.

: Cuz...we're all friends, after all.

• Locked thread