Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

so happy the gas mask is back

Gas mask + boy octoling outfit for that German rave look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How does the new salmon run points retention work? I haven't played SR in ages but Moray Towers is in rotation so ...eh...

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
A closer look of the returning stages.

Piranha Pit

Camp Triggerfish

and a sneaker image of the new Wahoo World

In Training posted:

How does the new salmon run points retention work? I haven't played SR in ages but Moray Towers is in rotation so ...eh...

If you're at Profreshional, points are now saved at 100 point intervals, rounded down.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

In Training posted:

Used to be it would reset at 40 regardless of where you ended at last shift. Now it will reset at 100, 200, 300 or 400 depending on where you ended at last shift. If you ended at 999, it will still reset to 400. This has made it less of a grind, but more difficult overall due to people more often having higher pay grades than they would have had in the old system. There is also a new intro when your team reaches the maximum pay grade. https://webmshare.com/play/g0bob

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they added more big sweaters and face masks, so this update owns

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
where the gently caress is saltspray rig

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

A closer look of the returning stages.

Piranha Pit

Camp Triggerfish

and a sneaker image of the new Wahoo World

If you're at Profreshional, points are now saved at 100 point intervals, rounded down.

Leaf Lock posted:

Used to be it would reset at 40 regardless of where you ended at last shift. Now it will reset at 100, 200, 300 or 400 depending on where you ended at last shift. If you ended at 999, it will still reset to 400. This has made it less of a grind, but more difficult overall due to people more often having higher pay grades than they would have had in the old system. There is also a new intro when your team reaches the maximum pay grade. https://webmshare.com/play/g0bob

Neat! I never played enough salmon run in one sitting to see the higher difficulties so now I can ramp towards that which is cool

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

After Skatepark and Dome had almost no changes, i'm surprised how different Camp and Pit are.

Also I see my favourite shirt is getting an inversion, so that's nice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm so bad at kelp dome...something about the doubly vertical lanes with the grills on that map gently caress me up

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I think I'm super new at Splatoon but I'm scoring like top 1-2 on my team?? Are dudes in my bracket just bad??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you mean in turf war than yeah probably. If you mean ranked the list on the results screen is based on you invisible ELO, so if you've won a few games in a row and then play terribly you'll still be listed as number 1.

Actually speaking of, I hope Rank X just shows you your MMR like they do during splatfests

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Yea Turf War. Seems pretty chill compared to other Shooters

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's on.

The yolks will be on you, science deniers!

edit: new shifty is nifty

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Go egg

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The Shifty Station is so much fun.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Go chicken!

The question was pretty silly so I just went with what I felt like eating at the time, some spicy grilled chicken would really hit the spot right now

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh boy am i off to a bad start

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The color scheme used for this Splatfest makes it easy to be confused about what's going on. If you're finding that happening to you, remember, you can turn on color lock to change the color scheme to something a lot more visually distinctive.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fetus posted:

The color scheme used for this Splatfest makes it easy to be confused about what's going on. If you're finding that happening to you, remember, you can turn on color lock to change the color scheme to something a lot more visually distinctive.

I did get splatted by a sticky bomb I swore was yellow, but it was not!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am getting demolished by aggressive chicken players

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Team Chicken are god-fearing warmongers, destroying those who follow logic and science.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Splatfest is probably the worst time for me to experiment, but how are people liking the Dark Tetra Duallies? The secondary and super seem neat in a tidy little aggressive package.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I like this shifty station, but it seems like whoever captures the center gets an automatic win unless their team is like, REALLY bad.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So far it looks like Team Chicken are gonna win just off a whole lot of people picking it for "Lol, semen".

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Bell_ posted:

Splatfest is probably the worst time for me to experiment, but how are people liking the Dark Tetra Duallies? The secondary and super seem neat in a tidy little aggressive package.

Splatfest is actually an amazing time to experiment because it's all Turf War so it's chill as hell and a couple wins or losses won't be THAT big a swing. So go ahead and try them, I want to try them too since they seem neat.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This Shifty Station is great. Can’t tell if I like it becuase everyone rushes to containment zones while I ink up enemy turf, or if other people just don’t know all the ins and outs and are idiots.

Every time I try to stay in the thunder dome and battle it out we lose. Holding the center doesn’t matter

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Bell_ posted:

I quite like them, though I'm not good with them. Being able to shoot while dodging on top of the extra dodges is really nice.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Thunder dome is great. I've seen matches where no one goes, and the locked territory decides the match, but I've also seen matches where one side over commits to the middle and loses in the last 30 seconds.

\/\/\/ :woomy: \/\/\/

Tenik fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Mar 10, 2018

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Pro tip: the launch pads in the thunderdomes count as super jumps.

https://twitter.com/ZeGermanButler/status/972374987884474369?s=20

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

While we were squadding it up, we bumped into these guys

It ended hilariously poorly

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
i dont think they were going to the bathroom at all

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

you don't know that

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

Youre right i should give them the benefit of the doubt

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Switch is portable; At least one of them could well have been playing on the toilet.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I can’t play the splatfest anymore the floors covered in egg yolk is nauseating me

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

ive been playing a lot more splatoon recently and have never done worse in a splatfest

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

EGG KING

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rexroom posted:

While we can salivate on the upcoming single player expansion, there's still stuff coming in the shorter period with the 3.0 update coming late April. That's soon.
  • Some old and new stages: Splatoon 1 staples Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish and a new stage called Wahoo World.
  • Hundreds of new pieces of gear to wear.
  • New weapons, of course.
  • And probably some tweaks and stuff.

Oh, and apparently it was suggested that more is to come. They're not over this game for some time.

I mean I just found this out the other day but in japan Splatoon 2 sold more than Odyssey, breath of the wild and Mk8

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

i hope theres some kind of gold jacket so i can complete a 18k shades and gold hi-horse/n-pacer au look

Or some kind of longskirt option so i can be a sukeban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

E2M2 posted:

I think I'm super new at Splatoon but I'm scoring like top 1-2 on my team?? Are dudes in my bracket just bad??

Maybe, but they may also be trying to go for splats instead of coverage and coverage is what wins

Man, are there not enough chicken players now? I’m getting some egg on egg violence here and there