Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sayara posted:

Strat is pretty much just rebirth every 15 or 30 minutes while buying highest augmentations you can afford at the end of your rebirth. I leave my time machine at 24, and get as many magic levels to it as I can, so I can buy 10 billion blood magics to increase number. After getting time machine I only buy energy busters. I don't know if you need to do longer rebirths with less stats though to keep increasing your number.

As for stats, I'm wearing full 2D-set, ascended ascended pendant, slab of meat, and King's Circle amulet (worthless for these, but cba to switch). Unbuffed stats: 188 energy bars, 7 480 000 energy cap, 188 energy power, 1400% attack and defense boosts, 2250 power and toughness, 18 magic bars, 720k magic cap, 18 magic power. Then from NGU 800% multiplier on attack and defense.

My recent level 100 was 2h03m, and I basically just did 40 into milk and whatever I could afford into the upgrade for milk. After that I bought the highest tier magic I could afford at the 15 minute mark.

I also spent 10 levels on time machine (4/6 split)

400K XP

level 100s are far easier than no aug runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sayara
May 10, 2009

pixaal posted:

My recent level 100 was 2h03m, and I basically just did 40 into milk and whatever I could afford into the upgrade for milk. After that I bought the highest tier magic I could afford at the 15 minute mark.

I also spent 10 levels on time machine (4/6 split)

400K XP

level 100s are far easier than no aug runs.

I tried milk now, but didn't get as much out of it myself as I seem to get from busters. I have only quarter of your exp though so that might be the reason.

How long your no aug runs have taken? The reason I'm doing these lvl 100s is to get wandoos as efficient as possible to help get through that challenge faster, but haven't even tried one yet.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sayara posted:

I tried milk now, but didn't get as much out of it myself as I seem to get from busters. I have only quarter of your exp though so that might be the reason.

How long your no aug runs have taken? The reason I'm doing these lvl 100s is to get wandoos as efficient as possible to help get through that challenge faster, but haven't even tried one yet.

5h or so?

Also you need to be using the upgrade too not just the augment. I think the end of my run I was using cannon and the missile upgrades because I could afford them. If you don't have the gold to buy 10+ upgrades you aren't going to see much of a benefit.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

pixaal posted:

5h or so?

Also you need to be using the upgrade too not just the augment. I think the end of my run I was using cannon and the missile upgrades because I could afford them. If you don't have the gold to buy 10+ upgrades you aren't going to see much of a benefit.

Oh, that's not so bad time, but I guess I'll farm those 24 hour ones first for exp as far as I can.

Yeah, I ran out of gold to upgrade them better. I think I got them to 11 or 12 so went with busters instead.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Realm Grinder: I reached R13 and all I got was this lousy Spiritual Surge and I have no idea what the numbers mean anymore. I honestly don't know what a Noqag is supposed to be.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

Realm Grinder: I reached R13 and all I got was this lousy Spiritual Surge and I have no idea what the numbers mean anymore. I honestly don't know what a Noqag is supposed to be.

Do yourself a favor and switch over to engineering notation in the options (or the inferior but still fine Scientific notation). It just gets weirder and weirder from here.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Falcon2001 posted:

Do yourself a favor and switch over to engineering notation in the options (or the inferior but still fine Scientific notation). It just gets weirder and weirder from here.

I dropped out of college so I don't know what those e mean but at least they seem more consistent :v:

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
RG: At what point do getting GB11 and SS7 become crucial to making progress in A2? I'm at R106 now and I'm still getting by without grinding for them but I'm thinking it might be better to start getting GB11 next R.

I did get the Goblin set today so that should make things a lot faster.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Samuringa posted:

I dropped out of college so I don't know what those e mean but at least they seem more consistent :v:
It's the number of zeros that have been snipped off.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ghostlight posted:

I thought about being more indepth but thinking on it that's the best answer, 10e3 is 1 with three snipped 0s. Noqag is most likely novemquinquagintillion or 10e180 if you care but seriously, don't, just stick with engineering style and let the old Latin die with dignity

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Ghostlight posted:

Ooooooh! That's much more simple!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

McSharpie posted:

RG: At what point do getting GB11 and SS7 become crucial to making progress in A2? I'm at R106 now and I'm still getting by without grinding for them but I'm thinking it might be better to start getting GB11 next R.

You'll get gb11 naturally on dragon line runs soon, and same with ss7. You'll know when you need to push for it because you'll slow down with everything else, though having goblin will make ss7 much faster

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Samuringa posted:

Is there... Mrs. Noqag?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
If million is one, and billion is two, then noquag is 49 because it's 9 after 40.
I've taken a break since the start of the year, but it's fun to not use sci notation, though I can read it just fine.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Chakan posted:

If million is one, and billion is two, then noquag is 49 because it's 9 after 40.
I've taken a break since the start of the year, but it's fun to not use sci notation, though I can read it just fine.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Chakan posted:

59, actually. :eng101: 49 would be noqad.

more than anyone could ever want to know about naming absurdly large numbers

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 10, 2018

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I would have known that if I was playing. Serves me right.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is realm grinder still what everyone is playing, or what?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Blast of Confetti posted:

Is realm grinder still what everyone is playing, or what?

A few of us are still playing, a couple people just started, most chat these days is about goon-made NGU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

A few of us are still playing, a couple people just started, most chat these days is about goon-made NGU

Anti-Matter Dimensions also gets a ton of mentions. I've seen some Trimps talk too, but I feel Trimps hype waned after magma. There's been a few 1-3 day long to beat games that come up every so often that are good too.

I feel this is a decent summary of the like 6-12 months of the thread when added to RG / NGU.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I still play trimps and they added a new mechanic last week that's interesting but I haven't got there yet. Magma is fun. I don't think there's a lot to talk about though :v:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I thought NGU was just a weird way to say Realm Grinder so that's why I began playing it :v:

But it's good.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Aurora posted:

I still play trimps and they added a new mechanic last week that's interesting but I haven't got there yet. Magma is fun. I don't think there's a lot to talk about though :v:

Optimal fluffy leveling strategies and Spire IV clearing techniques, I guess. I just got Fluffy to level 9 today and I just started a Spire IV run. There's a lot of prep to do starting around Z495 -- run Z505 maps to pick up equipment, then run BW for 515 for even better equipment, etc.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Aurora posted:

Trimps is still the best idle game overall. I'm not even that far because my progress stalled around 165 or something but it's got it all, and the visual appeal brings a lot compared to RG.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Kiranamos posted:

Trimps is still the best idle game overall. I'm not even that far because my progress stalled around 165 or something but it's got it all, and the visual appeal brings a lot compared to RG.

The new UI for RG is quite good (aesthetically), but Trimps does have a lot going for it in terms of just simplicity.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Realm Grinder gets the most discussion simply because there are lots of different options available at any given time. Antimatter is still fun and just had a major content drop, but comparatively it's extremely linear (get upgrades to get more power to beat the next challenge to get more power to get more upgrades) so there's not as much to discuss.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Any of tgese bad boys on sale?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Any of tgese bad boys on sale?

DaFrugalGamer, you're in for a treat.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Samuringa posted:

I thought NGU was just a weird way to say Realm Grinder so that's why I began playing it :v:

But it's good.
further confirmation that the entire genre is just Numbers Going Up

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Kiranamos posted:

DaFrugalGamer, you're in for a treat.

To expand on that, almost all idle games are free - Realm Grinder, Trimps, etc at least. There's been a few paid ones (SpacePlan Steam for example) but most all of them are entirely free and just have some extra premium stuff, but mostly it's all fine and unobtrusive. An idle game with lovely IAP/premium stuff generally is bad and doesn't get a lot of recos here.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I decided to try out Trimps today. When does it paradigm shift? I'm finishing up Zone 15, but it's seemed pretty samey so far.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Falcon2001 posted:

To expand on that, almost all idle games are free - Realm Grinder, Trimps, etc at least. There's been a few paid ones (SpacePlan Steam for example) but most all of them are entirely free and just have some extra premium stuff, but mostly it's all fine and unobtrusive. An idle game with lovely IAP/premium stuff generally is bad and doesn't get a lot of recos here.

Speaking of premium stuff, is ClickRaid any good? A friend's been playing it, and I put it on my Steam Wishlist on his recommendation

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Toshimo posted:

I decided to try out Trimps today. When does it paradigm shift? I'm finishing up Zone 15, but it's seemed pretty samey so far.

Once you beat Zone 20 and unlock portaling it starts to change. The core mechanics remain the same, but your limiting factors change over time. For example, early on being able to keep up with Coordinations is a big limiting factor -- your population just doesn't grow enough to support buying all the coordinations that are available. Later on, that's not a factor at all.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Serperoth posted:

Speaking of premium stuff, is ClickRaid any good? A friend's been playing it, and I put it on my Steam Wishlist on his recommendation

It's good for making numbers go up but it felt really poorly tied together. I think I got a bad impression because I got it during some valentine's event where hearts would spawn and give you comically huge amounts of various resources that are probably a lot harder to get normally so the progression felt really awkward. There are a number of systems you can increase (standard prestige artifacts i.e. tap titans, class levels, "raid souls" that buff your heroes, a second tier prestige), but it never felt good to me (possibly because as I said my game felt short-circuited by the event).

At the very least it's very idle-friendly because you can enable an auto-buy and auto-prestige. It wouldn't be bad for zero dollars but it's probably not worth the couple bucks they're asking.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

McSharpie posted:

I'm at R108 right now and I've still never been able to buy SS7. Haven't looked GB11 yet. Trying for the Ancestral Hourglass now but I'm on day 5 of my run and still my odds (i.e small values) are still crap. If I can't get it by monday I'm switching back to gem grinding.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Once you beat Zone 20 and unlock portaling it starts to change. The core mechanics remain the same, but your limiting factors change over time. For example, early on being able to keep up with Coordinations is a big limiting factor -- your population just doesn't grow enough to support buying all the coordinations that are available. Later on, that's not a factor at all.

coordinations are a big factor for a long time

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Aurora posted:

coordinations are a big factor for a long time

I've been playing Trimps for like a year so I forgot things about the early game. In TrimpsChat, I just beat Spire IV. I'm Liquifying up to zone 179 now, and I expect to be able to get my first Fluffy evolution pretty soon. I need to go through and push up my Challenge^2 zones a bit and do the Nerfed achievement at some point.

I also just broke through a progression wall in Antimatter Dimensions. I was stuck around e390 eternity points until I realized I could drop the 20x replicanti time study and pick up the middle and right paths through the first fork. It takes a bit longer to build up steam, but once it hits the replicanti cap, it's way better. 30 minutes after that, I could afford all the time studies and I'm rapidly approaching e415 EP.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Merijn posted:

I'm at R108 right now and I've still never been able to buy SS7. Haven't looked GB11 yet. Trying for the Ancestral Hourglass now but I'm on day 5 of my run and still my odds (i.e small values) are still crap. If I can't get it by monday I'm switching back to gem grinding.

I have no idea how to read the small values chart or how to manipulate it

You won't get ss7 without goblin set without doing a 5+ day run

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I've been playing Trimps for like a year so I forgot things about the early game. In TrimpsChat, I just beat Spire IV. I'm Liquifying up to zone 179 now, and I expect to be able to get my first Fluffy evolution pretty soon. I need to go through and push up my Challenge^2 zones a bit and do the Nerfed achievement at some point.

I also just broke through a progression wall in Antimatter Dimensions. I was stuck around e390 eternity points until I realized I could drop the 20x replicanti time study and pick up the middle and right paths through the first fork. It takes a bit longer to build up steam, but once it hits the replicanti cap, it's way better. 30 minutes after that, I could afford all the time studies and I'm rapidly approaching e415 EP.

i'm still in early magma so i have like 100+ coordinations sitting around unused v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Aurora posted:

i'm still in early magma so i have like 100+ coordinations sitting around unused v:v:v

idgi. Why do coords become not good at some point? I've just been slamming mine and enjoying the multipliers.