Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've heard rumors of a +50% renown boost this weekend?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Can confirm that Smoke beauties will not kill the doctor.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Can confirm that Smoke beauties will not kill the doctor.

:drugnerd:

i played a lot of smoke since the patch and he has been really good for spawn peeking. i mean he always was but now when you gamble with his bombs they are far more likely to kill someone since there is almost always a finka spamming their ability on cooldown from the first second in

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Hell yeah this is the first weekend that I can get in a good chunk of R6. :toot:

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/972194576755814401

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Any PS4 peeps wanna play tonight?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/pu7hIGB.webm

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I wish her over/under was an actual shotgun and not the slugs or w/e it actually is.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Would be cool if shotguns had it as an option in loadout. I know it might break the game on some but it would be cool.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Castles shotty with slugs would be dynamite.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I think I beat you!

It shouldn't be a contest :smith:

Did ... did you win, or did you lose?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

slap me and kiss me posted:

Deep.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

slap me and kiss me posted:

Yes.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One thing I like about lion is now the achievement for getting 200 penetration kills in terrorhunt is suddenly a lot easier.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Minrad posted:

don't expect anything to change, after one day of reddit "outrage" over outbreak packs they have now pacified themselves into calling everyone entitled and are now defending loot boxes

I paid 80 bucks for complete edition and 30 for a year 3 pass, you're drat right I'm entitled

boohoo i cant get colourful weapon skins for free, waaahhh

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I AM BRAWW posted:

lulz you really got em kek do you know de way????

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

nice another poo poo post

Anyone have the game crash more often? Had it crash twice today and it hasn't in months

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No but I have gotten matched into "full" games a bunch lately

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Lol, look at dis fuckin' guy

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

if they were cosmetics that you could use to blend in with your environment then yeah

but these are bright yellow hazmat suits. the people genuinely upset about this are as ridiculous as the paywall behind them

you could stretch really far and say that the yellow does actually blend in well enough with the newest korean map's entire 1st floor but there are easily a dozen brown/tan options that would work better for the renown

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Finally got this game while it was on sale. I have Gold edition so all the standard operators are unlocked, and they give you enough Ubibucks or whatever to unlock one additional operator from Years 1 & 2 from the get-go. So who do I go with first? I have 16 to choose from, I want to make this count.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hibana is a solid first unlock as she has a lot of versatility. Frost is a simple but good defender. Really though I'd recommend playing a little bit with the standard ops and get a feel for if you like being a breacher or intel oriented attacker or what not.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

TotalHell posted:

Finally got this game while it was on sale. I have Gold edition so all the standard operators are unlocked, and they give you enough Ubibucks or whatever to unlock one additional operator from Years 1 & 2 from the get-go. So who do I go with first? I have 16 to choose from, I want to make this count.

Unless you're really hard up for a newer operator, I'd save the monopoly money for skins you like or something. 25k renown doesn't take THAT long in the long term and almost all of the season 1 ops are still drat good. Otherwise Hibana or maybe Buck or Valkyrie.

Comedy option: Echo for another ACOG defender. He's immune to Dokk's IRS Scam calls and can screw up the Holy Priest's buffs too now.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

yeah, a lot of the dlc operator play out like hybrids between existing classes. hibana is probably one of the top pro picks because she is a perfect mix between ash/thermite/mira

the first thing i ever did in this game was unlock Cav because she is the stealth rogue/spy class. but you can sneak around with any operator if you are careful about the shuffling sounds you make

so making the most of renown really depends on what you want to do. but one thing for certain is that you can absolutely pick any operator that interests you for whatever reason and so just fine with them.

though there are certain operators that benefit more from unlocking early on at a low level because the longer you play the more likely you are to encounter players that know how to counter you which makes certain operators much more difficult to use as effectively

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Yeah I remember being absolutely terrified of cav when I was first playing now she is just a mild nuisance.

I'd say get Hibana just because of versatility. Her guns are good and I find her ideal use is popping reinforced hatches with her gadget to pressure the anchors on site.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Thief posted:

yeah, a lot of the dlc operator play out like hybrids between existing classes. hibana is probably one of the top pro picks because she is a perfect mix between ash/thermite/mira

Hibana is a top pick because there's still only 2 operators that can break through reinforced walls. As long as that holds true, they're going to be some of the most played operators forever and ever.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

With over 100 ops planned i'm sure there will eventually be more than 2 that can breach reinforced walls. Of course the flip side is that with over 100 surely there will be more ops that can do "defense" like Mute or Bandit right?

I also assume we will get more ops like Thatcher. As it is now only 3 EMPs is a little tight at times and it will only get worse as more ops can throw out more things.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
attacker idea no. 1: guy that deploys freeze paste on reinforced walls, after 10 seconds the wall becomes breachable with normal explosives for a small window of 5-10 seconds.

attacker idea no. 2: someone with a railgun gadget that can punch a small hole in reinforced walls. like 1x hibana spinner fidget explosion sized.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I want an attacker that has a gadget that somehow hard counters spawnpeeks and runouts.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Jack Trades posted:

I want an attacker that has a gadget that somehow hard counters spawnpeeks and runouts.

Go full call of duty and just have an op that can call in a hyper accurate cobra support helicopter that blasts anyone outside

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The main reason Cav is scary because of the one on your team that inevitably makes it a 4v5.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

An op that has a sniper buddy that can completely cover one of the cardinal directions of the map, chosen by the player, instantly pinging and downing anyone who comes into his line of sign.
So you can activate your sniper buddy and tell him to cover the north side and then if any defender tries to peek or runout from any of the windows facing north then they get insta-assfucked.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Flipswitch posted:

The main reason Cav is scary because of the one on your team that inevitably makes it a 4v5.

I take offense to that #ps4krew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWrt2kh_d6g

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Jack Trades posted:

Good news, that's on the next operator being released on attack.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nebiros posted:

Good news, that's on the next operator being released on attack.

It won't help me if I'm unable to hit the broad side of a barn. :colbert:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

even without the acog attackers have the advantage over spawn peekers when it comes to fighting outside

ubi doesn't want to stop jump out attacks. they put poo poo in the way to counter automatic spawn peeks but the area surrounding the main building is always incredibly detailed and setup very specifically to counter spawn peekers. on top of that they removed the filter that makes it harder to spot ppl outside

only someone predictably holding W or being careless about repelling/claymores should ever die to this

on top of it all ubi forces casual players to all spawn in the same place which may seem like an easy ace but in reality it makes it more difficult to survive ganking when half the team is panic shooting in you general direction

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Jack Trades posted:

It won't help me if I'm unable to hit the broad side of a barn. :colbert:

Touche goon sir.

Joking aside, if you know where the objective is, park your drone on the obvious peek/runouts or assume there's always going to be one on some spawn points. Back alley on bank comes to mind immediately.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Bank is the only map that I feel I can get reliably jumped out on and completely hosed by it due to the way the streetside spawns are set up. Back alley far less so.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Jack Trades posted:

Blitz :getin:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Good gaming tonight ps4 krew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

The Bananana posted:

Good gaming tonight ps4 krew

Agreed, good poo poo. Gotta solid ranked squad., just need one more dedicated person to fill out the 5th spot.