Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
So today I discovered shield ops ads in like 0.0001 seconds when finka boosted. If you want to witness hilarity play montagne with the revolver and have finka boost you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010
battleye: the gold standard of anti cheat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2RNzhxN14

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!

Gregen posted:

battleye: the gold standard of anti cheat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2RNzhxN14

Well that's terribly unlucky, I haven't played against a cheater in like almost ever since they updated the anti-cheat :shrug:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Is there an optimal attachements, post or something regarding which guns don’t actually lose like shots to kill with silencer?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Mostly DMRs, I think.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the russian LMG and the german AUG are alright with silencer. I think people slap it on frost's 9mm just cuz as well.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I object to using LMG silencer because the fun for me is spraying at a wall for 10+ seconds then getting shot from the side by someone whose footsteps I didn't hear. Without that, I might as well just use some kind of normal gun with only 30 round magazines!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How is this game on the PS4 for solo play if I’m completely fine solo queueing CoD/BF/every other mp game? This didn’t catch my interest early on but I’ve been searching everywhere for a new shooter and can’t avoid the Siege hype.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

There's a bunch of ps4 goons playing. Also siege is like CSGO were it's single rounds no respawn

CoD and BF1 is essentially deathmatch, siege is not

You can solo easily, the game is good and you'll enjoy it, but it's a lot better with a crew

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Well on one hand that sounds good solowise but I didn’t realize it was no respawn. I’m not into that at all unfortunately. Is terrorist hunt still a thing?

This guy
Jul 29, 2007
YES
its there but its really bad. do not buy siege for thunt

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Well on one hand that sounds good solowise but I didn’t realize it was no respawn. I’m not into that at all unfortunately. Is terrorist hunt still a thing?

Don't knock it till you've tried it

It might just be your jam, baby

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Terrorist Hunt is a glorified target practice mode.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Minrad posted:

the russian LMG and the german AUG are alright with silencer. I think people slap it on frost's 9mm just cuz as well.

It does reduce the stk on Forst, but it makes it laser accurate and it also removes tracers, so the person you're shooting at doesn't get an idea of your location until you hit them.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Terrorist hunt is okay but I don't think it's worth buying the game for terrorist hunt alone.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
if you want pve you may as well just get one of the older R6 games. even the og one from decades ago is better than Thunt

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Well on one hand that sounds good solowise but I didn’t realize it was no respawn. I’m not into that at all unfortunately.

A round is at most 3 minutes long.
Seriously don't let this stop you from getting this game. It is seriously something special.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Thief posted:

if you want pve you may as well just get one of the older R6 games. even the og one from decades ago is better than Thunt

There is a dope-looking SWAT clone coming out in the future called Ready or Not. They're putting a ton of work in enemy AI:

quote:

Artificial Intelligence

For the last year, we’ve been writing Suspect and SWAT AI that will challenge the player and act realistically. Our suspect AI can be surprisingly spontaneous and very lethal. For example, failure to restrain a suspect may result in them getting up when the SWAT are no longer around, and finding something to defend themselves with. Players will have to be strategic and mindful of their surroundings, and use the tools provided to ensure rooms are safe before and during entry

For single-player, players will be placed in the shoes of the SWAT team leader with four officers under your command. The AI for our SWAT needed to be both robust and independent, in the sense that they will act in a manner that conveys a high level of tactical training whilst also being able to act dynamically if needed. This means realistic entry techniques, holding smart angles when waiting for commands, and so on. SWAT will drop chem-lights in cleared rooms, make arrests and collect evidence in their vicinity upon command if the area is clear.

Oh yea there is also supposed to be a crazy gore system :nws::nws::

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Jesus christ that’s too much. No Thank You

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I added a bunch of PS4 names to my invite list. Hoping to get in on some goon action! Psn: ElJebus0

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Well, that sounds neat. I want to arrest dudes.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

hahahaha woooah holy poo poo. Yeah I looked into Ready or Not recently but they haven't updated in a couple of months. But yeah I'm definitely interested.

Anyways I thought the desire for Ultra Realistic Gore died with Soldier of Fortune 2, don't know if I need to see a hostage eat a grenade and it be modeled realistically in 4k 10bit

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Honestly that level of gore makes it seem like they missed one of the big themes of SWAT 4's gameplay mechanics and scoring.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Davin Valkri posted:

Honestly that level of gore makes it seem like they missed one of the big themes of SWAT 4's gameplay mechanics and scoring.

Not necessarily.
That kind of realistic gore might be there to disincentive you from killing the suspects.

See:

Legs Benedict posted:

Jesus christ that's too much. No Thank You

Hopefully there will be plenty of non-lethal options cause that's how I played SWAT 4 and I've been itching for another SWAT game.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
e: Ehhh probably not the right place

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Penpal posted:

hahahaha woooah holy poo poo. Yeah I looked into Ready or Not recently but they haven't updated in a couple of months. But yeah I'm definitely interested.

Anyways I thought the desire for Ultra Realistic Gore died with Soldier of Fortune 2, don't know if I need to see a hostage eat a grenade and it be modeled realistically in 4k 10bit

I on the other hand am super-down to see just how graphic a realistic game can get.

Davin Valkri posted:

I'm not sure if they're going to be focusing on making it exactly like SWAT but they do have less-lethal stuff and you can arrest dudes. They seem to be trying to make a CQB simulator as much as they want to make a spiritual successor to the SWAT games.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The footage from Ready or Not where the suspect on the ground rolled behind a vending machine for cover immediately sold me on it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Legs Benedict posted:

Jesus christ that’s too much. No Thank You

Naw, it's fine

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
see terrorist kneeling in shock, rubbing their hands across the floor trying to find the missing teeth that have been knocked out of their skull from the 3 flashbangs going off at once 1 foot from his head. arrest or kill? the choice is yours.

The Bananana posted:

Naw, it's fine

sledge main spotted

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Shoot him repeatedly with beanbag rounds and pepperballs is usually my choice of tactics

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tumble posted:

There is a dope-looking SWAT clone coming out in the future called Ready or Not. They're putting a ton of work in enemy AI:

Oh yea there is also supposed to be a crazy gore system :nws::nws::

This is so gross I loving love it. I hope that’s coming to the PS4!

I’ll still consider Siege. I hate no respawn shooters but if this game is really something special it might be worth giving it a shot. I wonder if there’s going to be another free weekend? I missed the last one.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uuNpfZGP5U

:chord:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’ll still consider Siege. I hate no respawn shooters but if this game is really something special it might be worth giving it a shot. I wonder if there’s going to be another free weekend? I missed the last one.

It's worth mentioning that since a huge part of this game is about intel from watching cameras and stuff, the round doesn't really just end for you once you die, there's still a bunch you can do by observing and giving callouts and stuff. I hate no respawn in CS but it pretty much never even crosses my mind in Siege, you nearly always feel busy. YMMV in solo queue though, I don't do that much and I bet people don't bother listening to your callouts as much.

also yeah there will definitely be another free weekend at some point, they seem to happen every few months or so.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Koramei posted:

It's worth mentioning that since a huge part of this game is about intel from watching cameras and stuff, the round doesn't really just end for you once you die, there's still a bunch you can do by observing and giving callouts and stuff. I hate no respawn in CS but it pretty much never even crosses my mind in Siege, you nearly always feel busy. YMMV in solo queue though, I don't do that much and I bet people don't bother listening to your callouts as much.

also yeah there will definitely be another free weekend at some point, they seem to happen every few months or so.

Yeah that’s the thing, I don’t mic up or play in groups soooooo. Might be boned on that end.

I’m absolutely going to play the next free weekend and try to get into it. The love this game gets is refreshing since the gaming community usually just shits on everything.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah that’s the thing, I don’t mic up or play in groups soooooo. Might be boned on that end.

This game is probably not for you then.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Don't buy Siege if you plan on trying to get by with solo text chat. Not a good time for anyone.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tried booting this game up and playing a casual match for the first time since the update.

Completely unplayable. Constant rubberbanding that would face me in a completely different direction. Totally disorienting, every 3rd shot was a noreg, despite having 17 ping the network icons were flashing like crazy along the top of my screen. I don't know what the gently caress happened or if it's on my end, somehow, but it's the worst the game has ever been.

Also three of the people on my team got zero kills.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Don't buy Siege if you plan on trying to get by with solo text chat. Not a good time for anyone.

I’ll be on the PS4 so the concept of text chat coordination is even more hilarious.

keyframe posted:

This game is probably not for you then.

Kinda feeling that way but oh well. Free weekends are a blessing.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Tried booting this game up and playing a casual match for the first time since the update.

Completely unplayable. Constant rubberbanding that would face me in a completely different direction. Totally disorienting, every 3rd shot was a noreg, despite having 17 ping the network icons were flashing like crazy along the top of my screen. I don't know what the gently caress happened or if it's on my end, somehow, but it's the worst the game has ever been.

Also three of the people on my team got zero kills.

I get this too. I have no idea what the gently caress. My connection is stable, I can't find any explanation for my issue anywhere. I've tried changing my connection from wireless to wired, fuckin' ethernet over power, enable upnp, disable upnp... if you ever fix it please fuckin post about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Do you have to stick around for the lottery wheel to spin for an alpha pack or can you just quit after you get to the scoreboard.