Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Max posted:

Please do not grab my butt.

:grabs glutes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

:grabs glutes:

o7

Captain.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

peramene posted:

would you mother fuckers express a loving preference instead of being so goddamn gracious and demure

I know dick all about this game or its lore, so I'm going to do what I always do - be everyone's best friend until I get lured away by the promise of nookie and murdered.

The real tithin died the same way to gaspy in 2015, I've just been operating the account with a poo poo posting ai since then

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

peramene posted:

I hate that you do that

I literally have a text replacement set up. ;)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

Completing step 1 of 3

Will complete the rest when I'm home

Podima, I'm coming for u :q:

:eyepop:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Podima posted:

I'm speaking for myself here and not with my Mod Hat on - peramene has put a TON of time and effort into prepping for this game (flavor included), and will put a ton more into the actual running of the game. If you come in with a plan to just shitpost and gently caress around with blatant off-flavor stuff, you're doing her and the other players a disservice. I don't recommend going down that route!

edit: yeah you'll also probably get killed if you do that

edit2: that being said, the character who licked everything as his one defining character trait ended up being a minor audience favorite by the end so :shrug:

i had other character traits
I was a supporting character rather than a main character so i get that I'm mostly going to be remembered for my wacky side character antics, but i like to think I played the game fairly on level and had a pretty consistent character who made a decent impact on the plot. I mean i did singlehandedly save one rather important character (who never gave any respect for that but whatever) and played a part in killing 4 others so it's not like i just stood around with my thumb in my mouth the whole time. my characterization was more built on my relationships rather than hardline beliefs that lead to big actions

i get that you weren't trying to be pointed or anything here i just feel a bit defensive because i actually did care a lot about myst ok

peramene posted:

I think it might serve as a prescient warning that despite the fact that it is factually inaccurate in both cases, the two players who made a point of going off alone but said so in public and were suspected of wrongdoing as a result both hyperbolize their (awful) game exits as "out on the first day".

Both were assassinated by another player.

yo i also did this and never got assassinated by another player

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

No butt should remain ungrabbed

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

i had other character traits
I was a supporting character rather than a main character so i get that I'm mostly going to be remembered for my wacky side character antics, but i like to think I played the game fairly on level and had a pretty consistent character who made a decent impact on the plot. I mean i did singlehandedly save one rather important character (who never gave any respect for that but whatever) and played a part in killing 4 others so it's not like i just stood around with my thumb in my mouth the whole time. my characterization was more built on my relationships rather than hardline beliefs that lead to big actions

i get that you weren't trying to be pointed or anything here i just feel a bit defensive because i actually did care a lot about myst ok

Yes no offense meant, sorry about that! Your points are fair and correct.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hmm I signed up for this drunk last night still seems p good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Please note I have not read any of this thread's chatter and also last played anything involving Myst was when I played riven over a decade ago

Those cable cars were rad as heck

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

If you come in with a plan to just shitpost and gently caress around with blatant off-flavor stuff, you're doing her and the other players a disservice. I don't recommend going down that route!

this is actually my background/flavour so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Warrior buddy~! :glomp:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Isn't myst just a puzzle game anyway?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

busb posted:

Isn't myst just a puzzle game anyway?

The real puzzles are the friends you make along the way.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Leatherman posted:

The real puzzles were the friends you made along the way.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Warrior buddy~! :glomp:

He was a merc buddy, thank you very much.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

He was a merc buddy, thank you very much.

im talking star signs :colbert:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The real puzzles are the friends you make along the way.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Your real friends are the puzzles you overcome to kill strangers.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

KhediveRex posted:

Your real friends are the puzzles you overcome to kill strangers.

Uhhh, yeah, what he said.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I've been ripping my hair out over this for the last six months and it finally hit me that any arguing about it can happen in march rather than wasting game time for it --

this is an open call for flash games, silly challenge ideas, things like that, that'll work for duels. If you don't already know: duels circumvent the usual combat system for a 1 on 1 contest with another player, no stats involved. You set your own terms, and one of those terms is how you and your adversary will do glorious and honorable battle SO

hit the thead the gently caress up

To be accepted, it's gotta meet this criteria:

• The results must be definitive, objective, and demonstrable via screenshot or video so that all players can observe the duel-in-fact.
  • The challenge cannot be any form of endurance challenge whatsoever, and the definition of what comprises an endurance challenge is entirely up to peramene’s judgment. Stay very clear from this line.
  • It must only involve the participation of the duelists - no involvement of other people, even if they’re outside the game and including peramene.
  • It cannot involve any expectation or requirement of financial expenditure. Games which are already purchased, such as both players owning a competitive Steam game that one or both of them can record, are absolutely okay.
  • It cannot involve any expectation of the divulgence of personal information, including video containing faces or voices.
  • It must reasonably take no more than two hours to complete.

On that last point, I would much rather see faster, more entertaining contests than long, drawn out nonsense. Drop some suggestions yo -- also feel free to comment on each other's suggestions. I was hoping to build a list of at least 20 but hopefully 50 so that I could justify rolling some dice and declaring that the contest; let's see how we do.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Everyone buy a copy of warioware

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Note that my dumb rear end did not forget about this I will be able to finish signing tomorrow

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i will not sully myself by partakign In these so called, “MiniGames”

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
1) Egg Game
2) Egg Game
3) Egg Game
4) Egg Game
5) Egg Game
6) Egg Game
7) Egg Game
8) Egg Game
9) Egg Game
10) Egg Game
11) Egg Game
12) Egg Game
13) Egg Game
14) Egg Game
15) Egg Game
16) Egg Game
17) Egg Game
18) Egg Game
19) Egg Game
20) Egg Game

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Maybe some kind of challenge involving getting the lowest possible score in world 1 of Super Mario Bros....

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I used flash mini golf last time and it was Underwhelming but serviceable

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

Maybe some kind of challenge involving getting the lowest possible score in world 1 of Super Mario Bros....

some rear end in a top hat already holds the record so it'd be boring

egg game is already on the list asiina.

I used flash mini golf last time and it was Underwhelming but serviceable

I much preferred flash mini golf to "Prisoner's Dilemma so we can get the gently caress out of here already" but UGH there has to be things to do better

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
also owing to my loquacious nature, the best ideas I have all circle around to being 24-hour endurance challenges which is exactly why it's a rule because heaven help us all for when the day finally arrives that I do that again

this is a preemptive apology. I know that isn't going to make anyone feel better. But there it is.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Can you give some past examples, such as what egg game actually was?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hot potato via text

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
cube slam - so the way this works is that every time you visit the site it generates a new 6 letter URL which you then share with the other person and you play 3d pong in your browser

also you can practice by fighting a bear

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 13, 2018

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

your head a splode

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
vektor space is like 3d lightcycles and might be neat; drawbacks are it's windows only and requires someone to host the game (so port forwarding, welcome back to 2005)

gate 88 is ... hmm. it's classified as an rts? I dunno, download it, play around with it, it's kinda cool but maybe too much for a duel, i leave that to the wisdom of the crowd

nidhogg is usually cheap on steam and is definitely a duel!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Can you give some past examples, such as what egg game actually was?

The Amazing Dare Dozen, that impossible harlot called the devil and satan who decieveth the whole of creation, look not upon it lest you too be burned.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
let's just play rounds of trivia murder party and/or guesspionage

though I suppose that would require one person involved to own jackbox games so scratch that

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

peramene posted:

24-hour endurance challenges

Aka cpig autolose

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jackbox is a great idea - bonus being only one person needs to own it on steam to transmit

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

tithin posted:

Jackbox is a great idea - bonus being only one person needs to own it on steam to transmit

i know it steps all over the "don't involve other people" rule but tbh i could host streams for this too

thinking about it I wouldn't even technically need to know who was playing if I just started the stream and walked away from my computer for 15 minutes :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

for real though I consider myself a challenge beast and when reading your survivor season I tried this challenge for fun and holy poo poo I couldn't even come close what the gently caress.