Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

binge crotching posted:

I got all excited until I saw that it's soy not pork.

Wait wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if any of yall are seriouspostin about not knowing what al pastor is, it just means "shepherd style" and is supposed to be meat grilled with a giant spit made with a special marinade

a thing which is basically impossible to do with textured veg protein

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I'm glad I never ordered one, because it's a crime against food.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
A rare misstep by the costco food court :| what a shame.

To add insult to injury, some Mexico costcos apparently have a real al pastor pizza!!!!

The Costco in Cabo also has all manner of delicious tequila for insanely cheap, as an aside.

Taima fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 11, 2018

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

GORDON posted:

Who is Al Pastor?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

They have Alpastors at a little breakfast n' bar by where I live, and they are really drat good. Also thank you all for the suggestions. I'll be fine with a few slow smart choices, after I budget the next paycheck and then line up the dates and deadlines. Then I can work out something and go shop on a quiet day and have my pick of the trove. Might get foodstamps, yeah! If I land an interview this June though, I won't have to worry about stamps, but not before another good half year stretch, since I'll need to get my license renewed, and will need to buy a new/used car. Maybe a fiat if that whole $99 month poo poo is true and not a dirty trap. Realistically I'll try first through Costco!! I have to see if I even make the interview. This is a new and exciting leap into unknown territory in a bloodhanded stake to claim some freedom through a ladder rung leap, and Costco has helped make the pole less greasy. I want the credit card very bad, but I was turned down for just plain not having credit from a lifetime of weird spending precautions to never have debt. Think I've said as much before. I need to get one through my bank and pray to build enough good credit fast to grab onto the card and reap the benefits in an attempt to escape growing poverty.

If this all lines up on the knife's edge it's bleeding on, I'll finally fuckin' give and just once say the holy word you Happy Happyists all keep hailing with. Promise.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Good al pastor can actually be difficult to find. I think the marinade is difficult to get just right, and some Mexican places/taquerias just aren't good at it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Forgive me costco for I have sinned, I went to the petrol station down the road that was slightly more expensive but only had two cars in the queue.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

if any of yall are seriouspostin about not knowing what al pastor is, it just means "shepherd style" and is supposed to be meat grilled with a giant spit made with a special marinade

a thing which is basically impossible to do with textured veg protein

Legit have never heard of it before.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

GORDON posted:

Legit have never heard of it before.

That makes me sad, because tacos al pastor are one of the great things in life.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

I'd put one in my mouth, see what's up.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

holy guacamole

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

They're awesome

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Al Pastor salad has been in Orange County forever. Never noticed if it was soy. Will have a closer look.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

The Al Pastor salad has been in Orange County forever. Never noticed if it was soy. Will have a closer look.

Yorba Linda is in OC and has the brisket suckwich.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Yorba Linda is in OC and has the brisket suckwich.

Corona is just 10 more miles down the road and has the rare Costco Burg'

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

binge crotching posted:

Seriously! Everyone owes it to themselves to try al pastor tacos. You gotta go to multiple places though, don’t just try one and think that’s it. Some places it’s amazing, others it’s just “good”.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

FCKGW posted:

the burg is getting more common, we just got it in cen cal. Haven't tried it yet, is it good?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Taima posted:

Haven't tried it yet, is it good?

Probably as good as a burger prepared in a commercial pizza oven can be.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Wait seriously? They cook them on the pizza conveyer?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Can you customize the burg? Like tell them to leave off the sauce or pickles or whatever? Or do they just come as they are only?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

After checking out the reviews it sounds like they cook the burgers to some kind of insufferable medium consistency on the pizza conveyer. Hard pass.

The burger is 5 bucks, that's a problem for Costco. That's too much for a mediocre burger.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Can you customize the burg? Like tell them to leave off the sauce or pickles or whatever? Or do they just come as they are only?

They come out before you’re even done paying so I don’t think so

Taima posted:

After checking out the reviews it sounds like they cook the burgers to some kind of insufferable medium consistency on the pizza conveyer. Hard pass.

The burger is 5 bucks, that's a problem for Costco. That's too much for a mediocre burger.

It’s a 1/3 and pretty heft though so if you just want meat in your face it’s not a bad deal.

I ate one and posted pics earlier in the thread.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Fair enough. 1/3 pound is really good for 5 bucks. In fact that's pretty incredible.

e: I checked out your burg. Not bad. I've also been to that Costco. I'm from central CA tho

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i feel legit sorry for people who don't know what al pastor/adobada is.

anyways CHECK OUT this poo poo that i found at the Burbank Costco a few days ago.

Very sweet. Good coffee taste and dece caffeine. Chocolate syrup is Hershey quality.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
PBUC that looks tasty as gently caress

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
The mocha is so good that I buy it when we arrive at Costco and drink it while we make the rounds.

It's made with Kirkland beans, cold-brewed - nice coffee, nice flavor, great chocolate.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Chocolate syrup is Hershey quality.

Pretty sure it is Hershey, since they have a giant pump of it for the hot mocha.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

FCKGW posted:

The 10 miles between Yorba Linda and Corona might just be the longest 10 miles in all of Southern California though.

I don't know what the Tustin Costco has at the food court because I don't eat that stuff. I had half a hotdog once and it was pretty good but still just a hot dog.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Good al pastor can actually be difficult to find. I think the marinade is difficult to get just right, and some Mexican places/taquerias just aren't good at it.

It has a lot of regional variations, there is no One True pastor.

In central/south America, the pastor tacos often come with a huge piece of pineapple in them.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Good Dog posted:

I don't know what the Tustin Costco has at the food court because I don't eat that stuff. I had half a hotdog once and it was pretty good but still just a hot dog.

burn him on the steak

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Good Dog posted:

The 10 miles between Yorba Linda and Corona might just be the longest 10 miles in all of Southern California though.

JUST A HOT DOG???????

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I bought a ceiling fan from Costco, and it's winds bless me still

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Good Dog posted:

MODS

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Has anyone returned prints to their Costco's photo center? I used it for the first time today to print 8x10s and I was really happy with the results until I got home and inspected them more closely. 3 of the prints have noticeable ghosting and a good 1/3 of them are trimmed badly with whites showing on the edges still. I can fix the trim with a paper cutter at school, but I'd like to get the ghosted images re-printed properly.

Overall though without those problems, the dry creek printer profiles they provide matched up relatively accurately to my uncalibrated monitor's color rendition which I actually found surprising.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 12, 2018

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
Rumor has it we might be getting a Costco in town. I have never been to one, but i have heard they are skilled in the art of removing your money.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I bought a 1.75l bottle of the house brand rum for $15. Holy poo poo I need to go to Costco liquor more.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

bradzilla posted:

I bought a 1.75l bottle of the house brand rum for $15. Holy poo poo I need to go to Costco liquor more.

Ya that poo poo rules

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
The thought of a goon buying a hotdog and soda to walk around a grocery store with or to eat in their car in the parking lot cracks me up but shouldn't surprise me.

Hot dogs are great to enjoy at the ballpark or in your backyard on a nice day.