Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
You can quit. You don't need to watch the pack open either, once you click open pack if you enter a game it'll just tell you what it had after that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

I've tried changing my connection from wireless to wired

sorry about ur luck but this fixed all my problems, 9 ping owns

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Thief posted:

sorry about ur luck but this fixed all my problems, 9 ping owns

im from australia bud i'd struggle to get 9 ping to my own router

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wish wired was an option for me, because 9 ping does own, but I didn't have any problems before this season.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’ll be on the PS4
Kinda feeling that way but oh well. Free weekends are a blessing.

Do they have free weekends on consoles too? I thought it was only on pc.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

im from australia bud i'd struggle to get 9 ping to my own router

Are you playing with the AusGoons?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Tumble posted:

There is a dope-looking SWAT clone coming out in the future called Ready or Not. They're putting a ton of work in enemy AI:

Oh yea there is also supposed to be a crazy gore system :nws::nws::

Ooo I like the look of this, swat 4 is one of my favorite games.

If this can replicate the random nature of swat 4 with all the added bits I'll be happy.

Maybe along with the ultra realistic violence they could give you the option to apply first aid on downed suspects in an attempt to keep them alive for prison!

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’ll be on the PS4 so the concept of text chat coordination is even more hilarious.

Kinda feeling that way but oh well. Free weekends are a blessing.

I'll have to counter this a little as I've been playing at weird times due to family (baby, kids etc) and solo queuing in Casual and I still find the game fun. I have a mic but rarely use it and find that I'm usually the only one doing call outs and trying to help by using cameras after I'm dead. The people who use mics in PS4 casual fall into four rough categories: Tryhard toughguys who swear all the time, 7-10 year olds who talk constantly but still are more useful than the first category, high people and normal people. The first three groups vastly outnumber the fourth.

Terrorist Hunt is what I originally bought the game for when it first released. It is much better now -- I find it quite challenging and more like a puzzle than anything which is nice when you don't feel like playing with others or need to do something interruptible. It is very fun but I would agree that the multiplayer is the real fun part. It is daunting to jump into but when you have good rounds against humans, its quite rewarding.

Pardon my ranting a little below but I'm hoping for some perspective on this from someone who has been playing a while:

I see a lot of what I'd consider baffling behavior happen but maybe, being new to R6 I've missed them being a thing. Generally these things are done by people of a physical age (judging by voice) that you'd think they knew better. I realize I'm being too optimistic. How do you guys deal with this?:
-- people votekicking someone who picks a character they wanted? why? pick another one?
-- people team killing someone in the start of the next round when they commited some unknown infraction.
- Examples of teamkil-worthy infractions are:
- Hitting them with a stray bullet when the tryhard ran in front of them during the last match because they wanted the kill
- Being mad because their victim couldn't win the last round when they were 1 v 4.
- Shooting their foot when they ran in front of someone shooting a drone in the objective

Also, I find it ironic that when you end up being the last one left on the team and can't make use of the shouted "help" from your team, you *suck* because you die. Don't they see the irony that they already died? Maybe they suck more? The level of super toxic machismo and stupidity is off the charts with these guys. Someone makes a mistake and they are willing to play short handed for the rest of the match? I tend to say "what the gently caress is wrong with you?" and leave immediately when I see a "team member" team kill at match start -- let them play down 2 players instead.

Anyway, I'd say the majority of the games I play are with some percentage of decent people but I'd love to play with goons because the shithead quotient heads rapidly towards zero when you have an all-goon team in games. It is just rough with the schedule. Also I'm probability a liability because I'm new and don't know the maps or what I'm doing in general. Apologies in advance.

Thanks for listening.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I got trapped by my teammates yesterday by them reinforcing every wall of a small room I was in (I don't think it was malicious to begin with though). I was playing smoke and had no way of getting out of there so I was pretty much just hanging out in the steam browser. Eventually they all got killed and the enemy team had one guy left. He was sniffing around the wall I was trapped behind, so I threw a smoke which ended up killing him through the wall. Too bad he had planted a defuser already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This game is pretty fun, although I am terrible at it.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Defenders can press a button to quickly remove any doorway or window barricade. You can also shoot or melee your way through any doorway or window barricade.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shockeh posted:

Are you playing with the AusGoons?

Thats BigSwag2745 whom you have played with regularly

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

keyframe posted:

Do they have free weekends on consoles too? I thought it was only on pc.

Yes, they've had multiple free weekends on console.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Only place I can think of is that one side passage in the cargo section in Plane. Is there somewhere else?

E: For getting trapped by your tea. , I mean.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

The Kingfish posted:

Defenders can press a button to quickly remove any doorway or window barricade. You can also shoot or melee your way through any doorway or window barricade.

But there's no way to remove reinforcements right? I didn't get any button prompts

Azran posted:

Only place I can think of is that one side passage in the cargo section in Plane. Is there somewhere else?

Yeah that was the place haha

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Azran posted:

I once walled myself in there while playing Echo, just for fun.
Unfortunately opfor opened it up while I was sitting on my drone.

They must've been hella surprised though, cause I managed to hop off my drone and kill one of them before they got me.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

when you drunk and want to go to bed but your crew begs you to do one more match

https://streamable.com/nll78

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

he1ixx posted:

I'll have to counter this a little as I've been playing at weird times due to family (baby, kids etc) and solo queuing in Casual and I still find the game fun. I have a mic but rarely use it and find that I'm usually the only one doing call outs and trying to help by using cameras after I'm dead. The people who use mics in PS4 casual fall into four rough categories: Tryhard toughguys who swear all the time, 7-10 year olds who talk constantly but still are more useful than the first category, high people and normal people. The first three groups vastly outnumber the fourth.

Terrorist Hunt is what I originally bought the game for when it first released. It is much better now -- I find it quite challenging and more like a puzzle than anything which is nice when you don't feel like playing with others or need to do something interruptible. It is very fun but I would agree that the multiplayer is the real fun part. It is daunting to jump into but when you have good rounds against humans, its quite rewarding.

Pardon my ranting a little below but I'm hoping for some perspective on this from someone who has been playing a while:

I see a lot of what I'd consider baffling behavior happen but maybe, being new to R6 I've missed them being a thing. Generally these things are done by people of a physical age (judging by voice) that you'd think they knew better. I realize I'm being too optimistic. How do you guys deal with this?:
-- people votekicking someone who picks a character they wanted? why? pick another one?
-- people team killing someone in the start of the next round when they commited some unknown infraction.
- Examples of teamkil-worthy infractions are:
- Hitting them with a stray bullet when the tryhard ran in front of them during the last match because they wanted the kill
- Being mad because their victim couldn't win the last round when they were 1 v 4.
- Shooting their foot when they ran in front of someone shooting a drone in the objective

Also, I find it ironic that when you end up being the last one left on the team and can't make use of the shouted "help" from your team, you *suck* because you die. Don't they see the irony that they already died? Maybe they suck more? The level of super toxic machismo and stupidity is off the charts with these guys. Someone makes a mistake and they are willing to play short handed for the rest of the match? I tend to say "what the gently caress is wrong with you?" and leave immediately when I see a "team member" team kill at match start -- let them play down 2 players instead.

Anyway, I'd say the majority of the games I play are with some percentage of decent people but I'd love to play with goons because the shithead quotient heads rapidly towards zero when you have an all-goon team in games. It is just rough with the schedule. Also I'm probability a liability because I'm new and don't know the maps or what I'm doing in general. Apologies in advance.

Thanks for listening.

The "why" is because the internet is full of dumb lovely people. That's all there is to it.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The "why" is because the internet is full of dumb lovely people. That's all there is to it.

That really seems like the reason. It doesn't help that I have been playing a lot of Warframe which has some of the nicest people I've ever met playing it. Switching back and forth is giving me "lovely person" whiplash.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I killed 4 out of 5 team members as they grouped up to come in on Plane with a c4 and it was marrrvelous.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

he1ixx posted:

That really seems like the reason. It doesn't help that I have been playing a lot of Warframe which has some of the nicest people I've ever met playing it. Switching back and forth is giving me "lovely person" whiplash.

Yeah, something about the nature of the game brings out the loud, obnoxious types. I guess it's just a popular FPS thing. It's been a while since I've encountered so many (ironic?) racist, mic spamming kids in my video games, despite playing almost exclusively online multiplayer games.

So far it hasn't hurt the experience, mostly just left me amused and confused at why people are so terrible. Clicking the toxic button when a player is being an rear end in a top hat, not helping the team, and on top of it spamming the n-word, feels good though

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Has anyone had a person on their team eat poo poo for a toxic ban while playing?

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

amusinginquiry posted:

Yeah, something about the nature of the game brings out the loud, obnoxious types. I guess it's just a popular FPS thing. It's been a while since I've encountered so many (ironic?) racist, mic spamming kids in my video games, despite playing almost exclusively online multiplayer games.

So far it hasn't hurt the experience, mostly just left me amused and confused at why people are so terrible. Clicking the toxic button when a player is being an rear end in a top hat, not helping the team, and on top of it spamming the n-word, feels good though

It only really hurts my experience when I or someone else are killed at the start of the match due to a perceived slight to some fragile gunbaby poopypants. Otherwise its fine and the game is fun as heck.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I rarely ever see team killing or racism when I solo queue. I must be blessed.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Has anyone had a person on their team eat poo poo for a toxic ban while playing?

Four times this weekend

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

If you play on PS4 and I haven’t added you yet, feel free to add me

PSN:BostonZombie

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Legs Benedict posted:

Four times this weekend

Nice! I'm still waiting for it. Some guy on an enemy team was being really cavalier about his racist poo poo. He got blocked out of OBJ and could not get through my castle baracades before timer ran out so he just started talking mad poo poo in chat.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

littleorv posted:

If you solo queue ranked and is high mmr you won't see it much if ever.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Man, I can't get enough of Ela's silenced shotgun. Perhaps it's just confirmation bias, but so often it seems I blast a guy away and as second later their teammate will blithely walk right into me because they heard no shots. :allears:

https://streamable.com/ttmhb

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

keyframe posted:

If you solo queue ranked and is high mmr you won't see it much if ever.

nah, I'm king of the casual solo queue. I should do my placements soon and get owned by coordinated teams

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

littleorv posted:

It's way more common on the US servers apparently.
I don't see it that much on EU servers myself.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Jack Trades posted:

It's always like this in any online game

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

Go. loving. Figure.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

He might not be pro league tier but God drat run-outs and flanks with kapkan's new impacts are just great, and all the traps nailing overzealous boosted rushers is icing on the cake

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Did he get his traps boosted? They feel like they do more damage.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

Did he get his traps boosted? They feel like they do more damage.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's still 60 damage, like usual.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The whole Finka / Lion meta change may just be causing
more rushing because I am seeing a lot more kapkan deaths

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

The whole Finka / Lion meta change may just be causing
more rushing because I am seeing a lot more kapkan deaths

Definitely. Kapkan, Frost, Smoke, Lesion are really good against that.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just had a boatload of racism in two games on EU, nightmare. Also on a hacker who was instant pistol banging people until we could drop him. JUST clawed a loss off them, gutting!

Also, Mira owns.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Does anyone know of a quick video (or a timestamp in a longer video) that shows the animation for canceling a Dokkaebi hack? I wanted to show someone but just found piles of 15m videos and apps/animations for it. Ideally one that isn't an awful montage or some other garbage.

e: Whatever, sent them a garbage one and just told them to ignore the music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Elysiume posted:

e: Whatever, sent them a garbage one and just told them to ignore the music

pls don't link to my dank vids w/out my permission or face reportion and enjoy ur ban