Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Ibushi vs ZSJ was probably my favorite match in last year's G1 outside of the block finals and tournament final, and definitely my favorite one that wasn't the main event of its night. I'm looking forward to the rematch so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can Zack Sabre counter a balcony moonsault into some sort of submission hold?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man Zack Sabre has great taste. IDLES and Napalm Death? Awesome.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Can Zack Sabre counter a balcony moonsault into some sort of submission hold?

Yes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

wrt to the CEOxNJPW wrestling show in Florida in June

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/972916492290461696

Pretty funny that a fighting game competition guy is taking a bigger risk on NJPW than NJPW did

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't know Zack's opinions on the lovely Brummie grindcore pioneers/death metal bighitters, but that is a reference to a Stewart Lee bit, which confirms my theory that ZSJ is my Platonic ideal of a wrestler.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I am gonna be real mad if we don’t get a YTR vs Chuckie T quarter-final

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Well Yano just beat DBS so

The dream is alive!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah that was possibly the cleanest Yano singles win I’ve seen in a while

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Main event Chuckie T coming up :dance:

e: He's even coming out second, this is great

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Come on Chuckie keep this dream alive.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

What the hell? Why'd they block out Chuckie's theme?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DBSJ makes me feel kinda uneasy every time I see him so I’m glad he lost

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

wonder what chuck's muted theme is?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

What the hell? Why'd they block out Chuckie's theme?

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/969713311188246530 I hope its because they actually listened to him

:lol: @ Milano giving Paradise Lock instructions mid match.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Feel like a good 40% of Chuckie's offense in NJPW is people running at him in the corner.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Ishin posted:

Feel like a good 40% of Chuckie's offense in NJPW is people running at him in the corner.

Well if everyone in NJPW has the "Run at the corner" spot it makes sense that he'd work to counter all of them.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:smith: chuckie...

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Awww :(

Well maybe we can get an undercard match between Chuckie and Yano at some point.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
On one hand I'm happy because he showed he can have a singles and deliver in front of those fans, on the other hand CHUCKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Was that Chuck's first singles match in new Japan? Bit of a trial by fire jumping into a 20 min main event.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Good showing by Chuck. LIJ had to have some representation in the quarter-finals though.

Ibushi has the hardest road to the Finals it looks like. SANADA has Yano next which should be fun. I feel like we'll get Elgin vs. Tanahashi and Ibushi vs. SANADA as the semi-finals. Then Ibushi vs.Tanahashi finals.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Off day tomorrow, 2nd round begins Wednesday with Tana vs Fale and Juice vs. Elgin.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Was that Chuck's first singles match in new Japan? Bit of a trial by fire jumping into a 20 min main event.

yeah, his only other appearances were the WTL and various multimans at the beginning of this tour.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

RIP Chuckie T, SANADA was just too handsome & powerful for you

That was a good match. Would love to see more of Chuckie in singles matches.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

when chuck set up for the full chaos dunk version of the awful waffle i freaked out

man gently caress this tournament and that stupid handsome fucker sanada

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's a Good Lad :britain:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm still getting caught up on matches but I was not prepared for main event Taichi. That match was crazy.

One of my anti-internet wrestling buddies was just telling me how Tanahashi can't go anymore and I just chuckled.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
how does dbs jr have two awful ring gear choices

how does he simultaneously use the tightest, tightest jeans i've ever seen on a man that big, jeans that turn his legs into basically immobile sticks, and then a big baggy white diaper when he's not wearing the jeans.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

shiksa posted:

how does he simultaneously use the tightest, tightest jeans i've ever seen on a man that big, jeans that turn his legs into basically immobile sticks, and then a big baggy white diaper when he's not wearing the jeans.

KES is basically about making terrible life decisions constantly.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

shiksa posted:

have you seen how he dresses outside the ring? The man is the anti-SANADA

And Milano giving his critique on the failed Paradise Lock was the best part of the show.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i saw davey boy leaving the tokyo dome hotel on jan 4 and he was wearing red silk pyjamas
did someone have to go wake him up for the show

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

That’s sounds like a really dang comfortable outfit. I’m coming around on Davey Boy

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I just got caught up on the New Japan Cup and at this point, my hope is that the finals come down to Tanahashi and ZSJ, so ZSJ can rip Tanahashi's arm clean out of the socket and he can finally take the time off until he's healed the G1 Dontaku the Road To Dontaku shows.

Also

Ishin posted:

:lol: @ Milano giving Paradise Lock instructions mid match.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Can't wait to see Tanahashi attempt an armless High Fly Flow

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I shouldn't be surprised that Tanahashi is wrestling with a busted bicep and knee still

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

purkey posted:

That’s sounds like a really dang comfortable outfit. I’m coming around on Davey Boy

he was smiling ear to ear so I bet it was
he is a very big boy and had to duck to go through the door, but this did not diminish his good cheer

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

shiksa posted:

I'm really pleased that he wanted to pay tribute to his dad and of all the choices, went with his No Mercy attire.

Hopefully he levels up and gets some drat braids next.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

checksin posted:

i saw davey boy leaving the tokyo dome hotel on jan 4 and he was wearing red silk pyjamas
did someone have to go wake him up for the show
Sounds like he got some of the bizzarre from his dad.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I don’t know what world required a 20 minute Yano match against a dude who wasn’t really much fun to do all the Yano tricks on. His G1 Run was a delight, but this FELT long.

I am god damned HERE for the Taichi push though. Go on you Theatre Nerd, be your best self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I shouldn't be surprised that Tanahashi is wrestling with a busted bicep and knee still

Surprised he took a month off tbh. More than he did for just the bicep