Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

There'll only be four to debate because know Gordon will be the fifth.

How can I stuff the ballot box for Harry Gant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

There'll only be four to debate because know Gordon will be the fifth.

Did all the team owners nominate themselves?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iospace posted:

Gordon
Gibbs
Penske
Roush
Kulwicki

Early impression vote: Gordon, Gant, Baker, Kulwicki, Stefanik/Rudd; Guthrie.

I wouldn't mind seeing McGriff, Wilson and/or Farmer get in based on their age, though.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Gordon, Baker, Kulwicki, Guthrie, Hunter/Seagreaves

NASCAR has to get their stooges in.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Slickdrac posted:

Gordon, Baker, Kulwicki, Guthrie, Hunter/Seagreaves

NASCAR has to get their stooges in.

The last three are up for the same award.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/03/06/nominees-announced-nascar-hall-fame-class-2019/

It's hard to read a list so poorly formatted :mad:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/22681957/kevin-harvick-stewart-haas-racing-penalized-window-violation

Harvick losing 7 playoff points for the window, that's pretty severe.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Though it is oddly refreshing to see a penalty applied finally that actually has impact

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:agreed:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

SpitztheGreat posted:

Guys, I'm going to Richmond for the April race. Where should I sit? I'm thinking the Commonwealth Tower would be awesome. See the whole track without ever having to turn your head!

At home. :v:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

No it's not. He's guaranteed a playoff spot with 2 wins.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

daslog posted:

No it's not. He's guaranteed a playoff spot with 2 wins.

1 win because the 2nd win doesn't count anymore but either way that's getting in, the harsh part is the playoff points carry through Homestead.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

1 win because the 2nd win doesn't count anymore but either way that's getting in, the harsh part is the playoff points carry through Homestead.

To, not through. You could win every race all year and come in second at Homestead and all those points mean nothing.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Slickdrac posted:

To, not through. You could win every race all year and come in second at Homestead and all those points mean nothing.

Yeah, they can get you in the final but after that it's pure finishing position. The point is playoff points mattered last year when it came to advancing past the cut offs so it's a pretty harsh penalty.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kyle Larson is apparently having second thoughts in the near term about running Indy:

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/972196675317092354

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rain delays in Phoenix?

Also, doing a 1 mile shootout to end stage 2 after a red flag rain delay is an interesting decision on Nascars part, although nothing happened except for Kyle Busch winning stage 2.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/nascarman_rr/status/972503292990369793

E: Thread title

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 11, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Morgan Shepherd sells merch

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am curious if the 1 or 2 lap end of stage green is something Nascar actually wants to do when there is a late stage caution and they are able to get the green flag out for just 1 or 2 laps before the end of the stage?

Seems like a really good way to tear up some cars in the middle of the race.

Especially with the Xfinity today, they were red flagged and went 1 lap yellow, 1 lap green, end of stage 2 yellow.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
They don't exactly have a formal procedure for late-stage cautions. Knowing NASCAR you know they're not going to end a stage under caution and they'll bend the rules in order to assure that.

They could just finish out the caution as normal, taking as many laps as they need to, and then have a two-lap dash under green to end the stage even if it's a few laps beyond the original scheduled stage ending. Seems simple enough.

quote:

A Little Known FACT: Burger King's Bacon King is superior to the Baconator.

It is, actually.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

When they interviewed SRA today I yelled at the TV "GIVE US HATS YOU gently caress".

My coworker was confused.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea it is better. Whoever got me tbe red text must diagree.

I could see them doing a green white end of stage in the future. Would be a lot better than making them do the 1 yellow 1 green on cold tires that had been sitting for a 30 minute rain delay that they did today.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Part of me hopes this guy wins a race again, the other part of me thinks it'll be more likely he'll have a stroke in a race.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Part of me hopes this guy wins a race again, the other part of me thinks it'll be more likely he'll have a stroke in a race.

I hope he just roller skates into heaven...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Harvick every week.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Your 2018 champion, Jimmie Johnson probably

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe all the other team owners shouldn't have fired all the experienced drivers.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Maybe all the other team owners shouldn't have fired all the experienced drivers.

Profits before wins

Today was a pretty good race though, especially when Hamlin, Harvick, and Busch were fighting for the lead.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Decent race, better than last weeks Cup race.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I enjoy that they busted Harvick for possibly cheating last week after dominating 2 races, then he just comes back and wins again anyway.

Losing 7 playoff points not going to matter much if you win every race :smug:

Jimmy John's gotta love having their "freaky fast" car win every week.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

He wants revenge for Indy last year.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
gently caress Kevin Harvick. And Kyle Busch.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
https://twitter.com/NickBromberg/status/972965979734134784

@NickBromberg: A+ troll, Kevin Harvick https://t.co/oLJRyG06vt

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I like Kevin Harvick now.

Fight me :colbert:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Kevin Harivck has always been great.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I like Kevin Harvick now.

Fight me :colbert:

Not a whole lot of folks on here are going to disagree. He's one of the last characters left in the sport and quite a driver to boot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Harvick's kind of funny because at about the halfway point in his career he seemed like he'd be going down as an underachiever and now it's "imagine how many wins he'd have if he hadn't stuck with RCR for so goddamn long"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mischief posted:

Not a whole lot of folks on here are going to disagree. He's one of the last characters left in the sport and quite a driver to boot.

He has the best pit sign and no one will convince me otherwise.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Give me a thousand Harvick wins if Kyle never wins again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'd be willing to accept Dale Jr being outed as a child rapist in exchange for Kyle never winning again.