Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean the most recognizable character in the franchise is a six foot tall cyborg who wears a light brite on his chest and is named "Darth Vader"

A guy in a cowboy hat is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Hell yeah it is. :clint:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Generic American posted:

Hell yeah it is. :clint:

Thanks to the Catholic church, i'm not a space captain, wearing that exact outfit.

It's a hurt that never goes away.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Nodosaur posted:

a character who's always been a whole lot of nothing like Fett

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
I always enjoyed Cad Bane and hated the Fett-fetishists, but the animatic of their duel works for me (spoiled because it's an ancillary, though official, source). It's a classic showdown, and Bane outdraws Fett but Fett, wearing a helmet, survives the shot and takes out Bane.

As for other TCW-original characters I like, Hondo is, with Chewbacca, the only character who is going to be confirmed alive and active in all three eras. He's one of the major characters in the Galaxy's Edge storyline, which will be canonical.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

twistedmentat posted:

The EU always mentioned there were Imperials who were just officers in the Republic who went "well, that's the government now, okay" and just kept doing their job. I think the only one we really got in New Canon is Yalaren?

Anakin "Darth Vader" Skywalker

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Test Pattern posted:

I always enjoyed Cad Bane and hated the Fett-fetishists, but the animatic of their duel works for me (spoiled because it's an ancillary, though official, source). It's a classic showdown, and Bane outdraws Fett but Fett, wearing a helmet, survives the shot and takes out Bane.

As for other TCW-original characters I like, Hondo is, with Chewbacca, the only character who is going to be confirmed alive and active in all three eras. He's one of the major characters in the Galaxy's Edge storyline, which will be canonical.

I especially enjoy how the attempted head shot by Cad Bane retcons the blast mark/dent in Boba Fetts helmet that's been there for years.

But I don't think that showdown actually ever became canon, right?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

No it didn't

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

No it didn't

It should be. Every dent on Bobas armor needs a Wookieepedia entry.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

There's nothing stopping anyone from writing about it, but I don't think there's much scope left for Filoni to put it on screen

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

AndyElusive posted:

It should be. Every dent on Bobas armor needs a Wookieepedia entry.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beard_suppressant

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bane and Ventress are still alive

In my heart

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

site posted:

Bane and Ventress are still alive

In my heart

In canon right now, Bane is alive, Ventress is not. Her death was worked in via the book Dark Disciple.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Test Pattern posted:

I can meet Hondo at Galaxys Edge?!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Yes, yes...and does he have a deal for you, my friend!

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Hondo is hands down my favorite character from the shows. I would watch an entire series of him wandering the Galaxy searching for his lost pirate son.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hondo honestly probably has more than one "lost pirate son" out there.

Probably a few daughters and other various non-binary offspring as well. Guy gets around.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
It is I, Hondo Carnage....

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I realize I’m in the minority here: I liked Hondo more when he had a more dangerous element to him. The “past his prime” thing in Rebels is a solid idea, but in practice, he’s a bit much for me.

That said, I can’t get enough of Chopper’s dumb antics. I have no idea why my tastes are the way they are.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hondo's in that weird place where the show obviously wants you to like him but also he does kinda horrible things like try to burn down a village and didn't care if the villagers died, and the finale has him saying there's nothing I wouldn't do for that boy like he actually likes Ezra but iirc had sold the kid out on more than one occasion

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

He's complicated.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

site posted:

Hondo's in that weird place where the show obviously wants you to like him but also he does kinda horrible things like try to burn down a village and didn't care if the villagers died, and the finale has him saying there's nothing I wouldn't do for that boy like he actually likes Ezra but iirc had sold the kid out on more than one occasion

If they'd played things right, Hondo and Chopper could have been really nice examinations of concepts like 'do the ends justify the means,' 'the journey is the destination,' 'are you willing to deal with the devil to do good,' 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions,' and all that sort of thing. I *think* they were trying to show that Ezra was moving Hondo along the good/bad continuum towards 'good,' but it didn't come across well.

Besides, Rebels will flop, in a single episode, between 'killing this guy would be ~*=wrong=*~' and 'lol we've packed every imp on the planet into this sphere, time to lift if off, blow it up, crash it into the ocean, killing them all, and perpetuating an ecological disaster to boot. And for some reason, we don't think this will somehow invite a retaliatory strike of some sort ranging from Star Destroyer shows up and glasses the planet to lets test our new bioweapon. Aren't our hijinks wacky?! '

Also, the way Zeb was weirdly racist towards Rukh was really weird. Constantly using terms like 'it,' 'creature,' 'thing' and so on.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

site posted:

and the finale has him saying there's nothing I wouldn't do for that boy like he actually likes Ezra but iirc had sold the kid out on more than one occasion

In a way, that's true- there's literally nothing he wouldn't do for Ezra... including things that aren't in Ezra's best interest. :v:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Lucky for you, I happen to like children today."

Hondo does whatever nets him a profit, and if losses and costs start to pile up, he'll duck out so as to not lose any more

He's a lot of fun to watch

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't think Hondo outright even betrayed Ezra unless it was a choice between that and Death.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Hondo has the death sentence in 14 systems, and he's my best friend

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Huh. I forgot that Poggle wasn't actually the real leader of the Geonosians.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That was good stuff. I was expecting absolutely none of how things turned out, but I thought that wrapped things up nicely. As someone else said, I am now totally down for an Ahsoka-Sabine buddy series exploring the Outer Rim looking for Ezra. Jacen Syndula was another surprise, but yeah they were totally hooking up, just not official and committed.

Nodosaur posted:

Huh. I forgot that Poggle wasn't actually the real leader of the Geonosians.

Now I want a Star Wars-themed Peggle sequel.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Jerkface posted:

Early reports are he'll be the "client" of the Millenium Falcon simulator ride.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

So is this just the general Star Wars TV thread now? Is there a timeframe for when the next show will be debuting?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Aces High posted:

So is this just the general Star Wars TV thread now? Is there a timeframe for when the next show will be debuting?

It will probably debut whenever Disney’s streaming service launches. The live action show has already been confirmed to be a streaming exclusive and it wouldn’t surprise me to hear the same about the animated show. We probably won’t get any solid info until SDCC (July) or D23 (aug/sept) at the earliest. They might even wait until Celebration 2019 (April) if they’re feeling sadistic.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

We probably won’t get any solid info until SDCC (July) or D23 (aug/sept) at the earliest. They might even wait until Celebration 2019 (April) if they’re feeling sadistic.

:argh:
:negative:
:cry:

etc.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I believe Pablo's said something about there being no new TV details until next year's Celebration, but I don't know if that still holds true after the Favreau announcement.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Disney probably wants something Star Wars to be out there consistently, so I cannot believe there will be a long wait for anything new. Between Solo and Episode 9 there will be something, as thats like a year and a half wait.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Well, we'll probably get something when IX begins filming this summer. I also wouldn't put it past them to announce their post-IX game plan at some point this year; they can't really wait until Celebration to do so if they've got a movie coming out in 2020.

edit: Oh, you meant something in regards to a fully-featured Star Wars product. Then yeah, I don't know.

It's somewhat of a dead year for books as well, but I guess we might get more Forces of Destiny content? Remember that Solo coming out in May also means a whole marketing cycle around a digital and BD release in late August.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 14, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The smart money is on the Obi-Wan movie for 2020, but yea, once we get something about IX there will probably be more. THey can't just do comic books and novels. They could do it with games but with EA's track record, I think people are hesitant to put any trust in that holding the torch while we wait.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Test Pattern posted:

What about R2 and 3PO?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

OldSenileGuy posted:

What about R2 and 3PO?

Test Pattern posted:

Hondo is, with Chewbacca, the only character who is going to be confirmed alive and active in all three eras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

The smart money is on the Obi-Wan movie for 2020, but yea, once we get something about IX there will probably be more. THey can't just do comic books and novels. They could do it with games but with EA's track record, I think people are hesitant to put any trust in that holding the torch while we wait.

Boba Fett movie in the style of John Wick

• Locked thread