Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Specifically because confirmed town is in my role PM but not my role info that would flip.

Yeah, I asked DBD in mason chat about it.
Ok what would you flip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lumpen posted:

What were your song lyrics?

My first post after replacement has them

the next few are evidence that I completely missed that quid was in the mason discord chat; that brought a blush to my cheeks, let me tell you. Perhaps you'd help me add a different kind of blush to a different set of cheeks?

insert low effort penis double entendre here

I hate you RF

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

Ok what would you flip?

Not copying it for fear of modkill, but Westworld host aligned Sweetwater mason.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Not copying it for fear of modkill, but Westworld host aligned Sweetwater mason.
Ok who are your characters? I know it's randomized I am not trying to make a flavor case.

And how do your claims fit in the show? That, at least, has followed the show pretty well, with the man in black and the snake lady and the prostitute.

Why would you have to put in song lyrics? I don't get it. Were you assigned the songs, or could you pick anything?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

Ok who are your characters? I know it's randomized I am not trying to make a flavor case.

And how do your claims fit in the show? That, at least, has followed the show pretty well, with the man in black and the snake lady and the prostitute.

Why would you have to put in song lyrics? I don't get it. Were you assigned the songs, or could you pick anything?

Wyatt. Just 4-5 lines from one of our favorite songs. Quid missed D2 due to it ending early so DBD let him do it a day later.

I don't know their character names, I don't think it matters.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
The fact that RF claimed he could "withhold" his funnytalks at all is pretty damning. My throwaway Tracker/Watcher distracting move that I was to have before Backup was absolutely required nightly. A Host reprogramming Hosts personalities (with negative consequences) really can't fit into the storyline, and RF hasn't made an attempt.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lumpen posted:

peter abernathy here, I do not know who that is but if you do, and like what you see, I'm ready and willing to get down and dirty

dude looks like he might be a naked 50 year old or so in my role pm

I don't know jack about this show beyond the sexbots and the wild west androids so I assume everyone involved in the masonry just hangs out in whatever sweetwater is in the show

we had to use the words sweet and water in D1 posts, then song lyrics from songs we like, then vote each other

why?

DBD only knows

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
If you're really Confirmed Masons who have the Town wincon... I don't really get the setup "hook" in what you've claimed. Like, you have to vote each other, you have to do these arbitrary things with songs and voting each other, why even have 3 Town Masons in this setup? It would be way more interesting if there was an Unconfirmed aspect, asking you to cooperate and do things in concert to test whether you believed each other. If you're Confirmed it just doesn't... seem right.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Ah, I forgot all about the whole Wyatt storyline... the cult leader in the show.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
GeneX is either Town or really good at Mafia. I have no meta. On re-read he comes off well. And I totally believed the lie.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

If you're really Confirmed Masons who have the Town wincon... I don't really get the setup "hook" in what you've claimed. Like, you have to vote each other, you have to do these arbitrary things with songs and voting each other, why even have 3 Town Masons in this setup? It would be way more interesting if there was an Unconfirmed aspect, asking you to cooperate and do things in concert to test whether you believed each other. If you're Confirmed it just doesn't... seem right.

It was to get the brutal cops. Admittedly a powerful tool, but to get them we had to out ourselves as masons without confirming it.

It's a miracle scum never killed one of us, none of us expected it. We could have done none of it and been straight masons, but we couldn't confirm it without becoming lovers and we'd have had no actions the entire game.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Lumpen posted:

That's why getting a bunch of brutal cops doesn't make much sense either, why have a little posse that can work together?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It was to get the brutal cops. Admittedly a powerful tool, but to get them we had to out ourselves as masons without confirming it.

It's a miracle scum never killed one of us, none of us expected it. We could have done none of it and been straight masons, but we couldn't confirm it without becoming lovers and we'd have had no actions the entire game.

so once you became confirmed then there's no chance of you becoming lovers?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dead Cow posted:

We were always confirmed town masons. We just had to jump through hoops to get brutal cops.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Dead Cow posted:

They claim that they are now Lovers, triggered by the act of claiming to be Confirmed Town Masons, and have always been Confirmed to each other.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

They claim that they are now Lovers, triggered by the act of claiming to be Confirmed Town Masons, and have always been Confirmed to each other.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Lumpen posted:

I'm just now even more confused.

##unvote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We had to come up with a fakeclaim for our alignments. To make the alignment picking claim sound real, we decided I would be the scummiest one they could point to being suspicious.

If we don't get voted out before Quid and genex can confirm, they'll confirm it for you.

MMMMMMM, this is tasttyyyyyy.

I'm sorry I had to lie to u, baby, but lies are hot, rite??? Especially when they're good lies ;) ;) ;)

Tobbs and Gene know my safeword and have always been real nice to me in the bedroom, wink wink. I promise you they are on the up and up. UP AND UP lol

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I want to vote RF for this.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##Vote Retro Futurist
Let's do this, I will take the risk on the Masons.
The lack of a deadline suggests this can end now.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##unvote
Nah let me do a re-read of RF first.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Yeah on re-read I am comfortable with
##Vote Retro Futurist
I can write a Case if anyone cares or needs.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I reaaaaallly hope it's not Lumpen. If it is, we're dead (the masons) and I hope you guys pull it off in LYLO.

##vote RF

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote RF let’s give it a shot I guess!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
:redhammer:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Confusion filled the air as the remaining members thought they had rid all of the humans out of the town. The day continued like every day previously and there still was the scent of evil wafting around hem. Naturally, the jester that had kept them talking funny for all of these days would be looked at as a target. He didn't think he would be chosen to die when he woke up, seeing as he thought he had already won the game with the rest of the Hosts. Wrong line of thinking, bucko.

Retro Futurist - :h: Host-aligned Emotional Manipulator/ PR Statchanger (Town) has been sent the gallows D9.

Please send in night actions.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
You awake to find no murder at night.

It is now D10.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dancer -  Human-aligned Remaker (Survivor) has been lynched in the gallows D5.

Dancer  has fulfilled their personal win condition and has won (part of) the game!However, the game does not/will not end until a winning faction survives.

This still looks weird to me. Why would Dancer flip as a Human-aligned Survivor if he could die and still win?

At this point I don't think there's a NK in the game, there has to be some alignment fuckery. Dancer was injected. I think it turns people into SURVIVORS that can only win with the scum team. That could explain why Dancer won part of the game. He doesn't fully win unless scum (or other scum-aligned survivors?) control the vote.

I know that me, GeneX, and Quid are town. I'm not gonna vote one of us under any circumstances. If there's no NK, town can't lose this game.

##vote Lumpen

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I still think it's RF

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GeneX posted:

I still think it's RF

LOL

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##Vote NoLynch
I protected myself last night. I don't think there is a kill left in the game, I think Masons need to control the vote.

I would lynch Tobbs, or we can NoLynch forever and I'd be happy to call a Town/Masons draw. We got rid of Scum and SK together.

*If there are no more nightkills available in the game I think the Town wincon is achieved. Look at the wording. If the masons can't kill, there are no more threats ~of the mentioned type~.*

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I thought there was a real possibility that Lumpen was strategically holding off on NKs and waiting until the last possible moment to reveal his true self and take the win, but now I have no idea what’s going on. Him NL right out the bat doesn’t fit with that.

This is frustrating.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

##vote Dead Cow

The alternatives are an insane waste of a framer power, the mod lying to me, the mod lying to me and Quid having a godfather, or...hmm, I guess it's theoretically possible that Lumpen is a 3p host but all the 3p/scum have flipped human-aligned so I doubt it

or the injection did a thing involving alignments but that's stupid

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

I thought there was a real possibility that Lumpen was strategically holding off on NKs and waiting until the last possible moment to reveal his true self and take the win, but now I have no idea what’s going on. Him NL right out the bat doesn’t fit with that.

This is frustrating.

It's a great move if he's scum, it caused this confusion. If he killed you guys last night, it pretty much became up to me to pick who the scum is, and I left off yesterday talking about the injection changing his alignment. This causes extra confusion, which is always good for scum.

On the flip side, if Dead Cow was the scum, I was the best choice to kill last night, since up until today, I was pretty much the only person that suspected her, and Lumpen had supposedly doc'd me the night before.

I haven't made my decision yet, but I'll say that Lumpen coming into the day still assuming it is somehow the masons that are bad here, makes me lean pretty strongly to voting him today.

Also, absent someone coming up with some other plausible scenario for what injections do, I'm assuming Lumpen has been changed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Merk wasn’t killed by my brutal cop, so it’s possible he changed because of the injection? Like, backup scum activates?

It’s also possible that DBD decided brutal cops would be fooled by the Godfather since we don’t have a traditional cop

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

Merk wasn’t killed by my brutal cop, so it’s possible he changed because of the injection? Like, backup scum activates?

It’s also possible that DBD decided brutal cops would be fooled by the Godfather since we don’t have a traditional cop

Yeah, it's a given that godfathers and framers in this game were for the brutal cops.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think the real question is would Lumpen react to an alignment switch by playing his new wincon or by angry yelling about alignment switches in thread :v:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

I think the real question is would Lumpen react to an alignment switch by playing his new wincon or by angry yelling about alignment switches in thread :v:

I mean, he'd like us to think it is the second thing he'd be doing. And who knows, in a game where it doesn't make sense flavor wise maybe he even would. But I'd like to think he'd respect the integrity of the game enough to see it through and just yell afterwards, especially since it makes sense in this game's flavor.

Also, he'd want to be able to brag about turning it around for the scum team, etc.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Wait, was merk injected? Did he lie about that? Have we had an injector flip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh, it was 50. Well, merk was clearly lying about injections then.

• Locked thread