Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like to imagine that Junko is trying her hardest to explain why them shutting down is a bad idea, while Hajime is just drowning her out by yelling Future a lot. Something like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yk7IDVzLiQo

Also, Sonia continues to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
That was the most anime death I could have imagined. Shattered by a rainbow chucking magic rabbit.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Apologies for dragging out the Looping Debate as long as I did. I had a lot of trouble deciding how I wanted to best convey the end of Trial 6 in screenshot/update form because of how things fall apart and I settled on the idea of my narration and hints breaking down when the interface exploded in Part 12 and casting my "in-LP involvement" as the hint system for the game everyone is trapped in. Since the game was breaking, so was I. And that's how we ended up in the looping debate. By graying out my Narration icon and having it spit out nothing but "..........." with each line I hoped to convey the sense that something has gone horribly wrong with the game/LP and we needed a fix. But it's kind of hard to communicate that fact when I'd decided not to make any non-update posts in the thread after the interface exploded as part of the whole meta gimmick occurring! Thankfully Chiaki was there to get through to everyone in the end and some people in the thread picked up on it.

actually I'm just gonna scapegoat Fedule because he told me to loop the debate one day longer than I'd planned. Yeah that'll work, blame him!
Thanks for posting this, I actually never thought to check what Nihil's bullet says in any of the three or four times I recorded and re-recorded the end of this trial. Neat stuff.

Tenebrais posted:

Rarity posted:

Real suggestion: quit the game
Yeah this feels a lot like a meta-game prompt so I'm gonna go with this one.
I was slightly worried that the thread was going to majority vote this as the answer because I had absolutely nothing planned for such a possibility AND I was traveling the day I posted the "tell him what to do" post. I had one idea to replace the Credits with something or record me closing the game but no time to actually do anything. In the end there weren't actually that many votes for the correct answer, but I could tell the thread was anxious to get past this point and I didn't want to drag it out longer by stalling for votes. It probably wasn't as well executed as I'd hoped it would be, but it's really hard to communicate something like this without explicitly telling people what's wrong at first AND trying to do it in screenshot format.

Ah well, if you can't have fun while making an LP, then why make one in the first place? Between looping the debate, changing my Narration icon to match the breakdown of reality in places, and figuring out how to convert an animation-heavy endgame into screenshot updates I had fun doing this whole ending sequence. And to think, I had ideas for it I ultimately scrapped, but I'll talk about them another time.

One final update comes tomorrow. Then bonus content can begin at a later date.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

To be honest, I spent some time getting mad at how conveniently this ending sidesteps the whole "horrible choice" thing that was so engaging, and how Chiaki and Usami just suddenly reappear when it's established they're super duper dead. That was until I noticed this, back in the Prologue chapter:

FPzero posted:

: But...what are you planning to do? Now that you've ended up like this, there's nothing you can do, right?
: Listen well: using people is a talent, too. It is now my turn to use that person just as they used me in the past.
: That person...
: Are you talking about Ultimate Despair!? But how? I mean, they're already...

That is to say, I'm like 95% certain this ending is Izuru double crossing Junko. Before he went under, he hacked the program and left a backdoor for himself, should Hajime notice it, that lets him totally screw over Junko and ruin her entire plan in front of her face, presumably to spite her for getting him involved in the Tragedy of Hope's Peak.

Well, that's really the only way I can make sense of the ending, so... :shrug:

Rune Full Moon
Jun 23, 2005

Jin, did you forget to buy groceries? ... Looks like air for dinner. Again.
Soooo does this mean the person who bet that everyone would survive in the dead pool was closest to being right?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
By the power of Super Duper High School Level Reserve Course Who Was Being Groomed To Be The Ultimate Super High School Level Talent I summon a pink rabbit to kill despair with technicolor rainbows and hearts and stuff.

Take that notJunko. You were destroyed with TECHNICOLOR.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Super High School Level Programmer already existed by Chihiro. If that was included in the Izuru Kamukura package, it is perfectly plausible he did some backdoor installs on the fly while Despairs were directly plugged in and had their memories reset.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

dancingbears posted:

That is to say, I'm like 95% certain this ending is Izuru double crossing Junko. Before he went under, he hacked the program and left a backdoor for himself, should Hajime notice it, that lets him totally screw over Junko and ruin her entire plan in front of her face, presumably to spite her for getting him involved in the Tragedy of Hope's Peak.

That's a fair guess. Izuru seems to have been the one to bring Junko into the simulation, so he might well have been trying to set up this whole scenario in the first place. Certainly if he could bring Junko back, he could keep the other virtual characters alive. Maybe the whole stunt was his means of reviving Hajime, for whatever purpose he might have had.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Hehe, so the game ends, and we get a Sailor Moon reference as Magical Girl Usagi defeats a giant evil woman, just as what happened there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Could you repost the last update on this page? Firefox/lpix literally refuse to load the last page.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh jeez I didn't realize it was the last post before the next page when I posted it, otherwise I'd have rolled it over to this one. Yeah, I'll repost it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

No Music.

: There won't just be hope... There will probably be a lot of despair too...

: I don't know what kind of future awaits us...

: ...But our futures are ours! I won't let anyone take them!

: ...
: ...Huh? Who the hell are you?

: I've decided...I'm done running away...

: I will fight for my future! I will fight alongside the future that everyone created for me!

: It's not for anyone else's sake but my own!

: D-Don't tell me...Izuru? Hey, what the heck is going on!? I-Is this...a serious bug or something!?

: I...am not Izuru Kamukura...

: I am Hajime Hinata!

: We have Infinite Cuts available and Junko is panicking! We've got this!

: You despair because you yearn for hope!

: You yearn for hope because you despair!

: Let's finish this already!

: There's no need for you to choose!

: Close your eyes and cover your ears!

: Just shut the hell up!

: If you do that, this game is gonna continue forever!

: If you don't want that, just turn off the game!

: Even so, I...

: You don't have to look...at the hopeless future...

: > Slice "hopeless future..." with "Future"!

: I'll never let anyone choose again!

: Junko starts at Max Tempo, but it doesn't matter to us!

: We have Infinite Bullets, no Reload and no penalty for making a mistake!

: Just pop Fever Time at the start or save it to counteract her Negative Time!

: Junko doesn't stand a chance against the Future!

: You won't be able to do it...! You won't be able to do anything!

: Wh-What the heck is wrong with you...? Why is there a bug like this...all of a sudden.../

: Everyone...let's shut this game down...!

: Huh B-But...

: D-Don't you get it...? If we start the shutdown sequence, we'll...

: There's never only one choice to make... There's no way I'll allow things to end this way. The future everyone has created for us should have more possibilities than that.

: Let's leave this place with confidence, and from there we can just create it on our own.

: ...The future that we want!

: Wh-What are you saying!? There's no way something that convenient is going to happen!

: It wouldn't be strange if a miracle happened...

: This isn't a game! We can change the future as much as we want!

: E-Even if you talk big... If you leave here...you're just gonna forget everything... Th-That goes for everyone else...!

: Um... We just have to press these two buttons at the same time, correct?

: ...Huh?

: Um...I wonder... I do not really understand it myself, but...

: I just...I just saw it.

: When my body felt so heavy that I could not move, when I felt as though I was sinking into a deep, black sea... It was at that moment, I somehow heard Hajime's voice... And though it was just a flash, I saw it. Like a lighthouse beacon shining across an ocean of darkness... A warm, yet resolute, light...
: The one who shined that light...it was probably...

: ...You saw it too, right Hajime? The future we are going to create from this moment on, it is also the future that everyone has created, right?
: Then...there is no way we can stop now!

: S-Seriously...that's a suicidal decision...

: I'm well aware it might be an act of suicide. There's no telling how this'll play out... But...

: I...I heard her voice. In fact...I think it was the first time she ever yelled at me...
: Heh, I can't stand on my own two feet if she keeps treating me like a drat kid!

: I don't like thinkin' about complicated stuff... If there's someone strong worth fightin', I'll fight. That's just who I am, y'know?

: ...That's what it means to be confident, right? Then...I'm gonna choose this!

: Man...this sure is getting annoying again... But...if you're saying you're gonna do it, there's no way I can back out now...

: If I don't have any place to go back to, I should at least protect this place no matter what!

: Y-You all...why...?

: Why...? How...how can you guys throw yourselves back into the depths of despair!?

: Because we believe...

: We believe in our future... That's what makes us different from you... We believe that if we try new things, even difficult things, that everything will turn out okay.

: We believe we can even create our own futures!

: Th-That's impossible...that can't be hope...it's not even despair...

: Wh-WH-WHAAAT IIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS THIIIIIIIS!?

: Hajime... Everyone...

: ...Thank you.

: I'm not...the one you should be thanking.

: We may be able to create our own futures, but I just can't create one where I get an A rank for the trial!

: ...Well, let's get started.

: ...I didn't think it would end this easily.

: Huh? It's not the end, right?

: This is just the beginning...right?

: First, we need to let this game world end...

: And from that point on...we're the ones who are going to create.

Music fades out.

:siren: GAME OVER FOR JUNKO :siren:

No Music.

: Gyaha...gyahahahahaha... Man, this is absolute despair... I feel despair upon despair and despair toward despair yet again... How fun.

: Once you've experienced the despair I've suffered, there's no turning back.

: Living in the shadows of past memories... That's...too sad, you know...

: Ah, but I guess...I no longer...I no longer have to...hope for despair...

: That...is...just...so...hope...l...e...s...s...

: ...What was that just now? Why did Usami appear? She should have already disappeared.
: I guess...it's just as Hajime said.
: At least...this wasn't the ending prepared for them. This was...the ending they created.
: Are you saying...they're moving toward such an uncertain future on purpose...?
: Even so...the only thing we can do now is leave it to them. This game world is going to end soon... There is nothing more we can do.
: Regardless...there's no need for us to do anything.

: Man, it's collapsing...
: You're right...
: Um...I am sorry to trouble everyone but...
: Even if we awaken in the real world and forget about what transpired here...it will still have meaning, right?
: Of course, Miss Sonia. I don't know the proper way to say this...but I-I kinda feel the same way too!
: You're so bad at explaining things... Now that it's the end, you should at least try a little harder!
: ...People can't change that easily, y'know!
: Well, whether it has meaning or not, it all depends on us now...

: Time's almost up...
: ...I'm pretty scared.
: I am...scared too...
: But it's okay, right? It makes sense to feel scared, right?
: THAT'S THE FUTURE!

: Hey! I'll never forget you guys, or the others!
: You guys better remember me too! My name is...Kazuichi Soda!

: Heh, with your colorful personalities, there's no way I'd forget you guys that easily!
: Even if I forget...I will use all might might and remember!

: If you start talkin' weird later Hajime, I'll beat you up till you turn back to normal!
: That's a relief...but make sure you hold back as much as you can.

So this is the end...

But...it's just the beginning. ...Isn't that right?

It doesn't change how scared I am... I can't help feeling scared...so scared, but...

: Thank you...
: Thank you, Chiaki...

: Phew...I finally said it.

Music fades out.

: Me too... Thank you.

: I'll..never forget about you guys... I'll never...ever forget...

: I'll be cheering for you guys from now on...from somewhere.

: Cuz...we're all friends, after all.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Now you should post that update about three or four more times until we get the right vote in, right? :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FPzero posted:

: Gyaha...gyahahahahaha... Man, this is absolute despair... I feel despair upon despair and despair toward despair yet again... How fun.

: Once you've experienced the despair I've suffered, there's no turning back.

: Living in the shadows of past memories... That's...too sad, you know...

: Ah, but I guess...I no longer...I no longer have to...hope for despair...

: That...is...just...so...hope...l...e...s...s...

Looking forward to the game where you time travel back to whatever made Junko so messed up and prevent it from happening and save the future for generations to come.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

FPzero posted:

Ah well, if you can't have fun while making an LP, then why make one in the first place? Between looping the debate, changing my Narration icon to match the breakdown of reality in places, and figuring out how to convert an animation-heavy endgame into screenshot updates I had fun doing this whole ending sequence. And to think, I had ideas for it I ultimately scrapped, but I'll talk about them another time.

One final update comes tomorrow. Then bonus content can begin at a later date.

Good screenshot choices, especially for the last update. More powerful at the end then the video, which doesn't end with the Chapter 6 card but with a "Hey, you got a Giant Cell Phone" notification (though I assume this is a joke about the Junkophone?).

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yeah, every chapter ends with a present related to who the killer was, and in this case, it was Junko's phone. I'll show it in an extra update, but I didn't feel like it was tonally right to have it there for the screenshots (should've cut it out for the video too but I forgot.) As for the update itself, I know it was really heavy on screenshots, but screenshots have impact, and this is the end of the game! May as well show off all the impact I can.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

dancingbears posted:

Pretty sure it’s this as well, Izuru finds life boring. He has every talent possible, he can do anything at all, and so life has no meaning for him. I guess he’s decided to try and become Hajime again, maybe with the talents left and maybe not.

Basically I suspect being Izuru Kamakura sucks and he decides to be someone else in the most ridiculous over the top way possible, whilst insuring the person he becomes remains confident and competent.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Looking forward to the game where you time travel back to whatever made Junko so messed up and prevent it from happening and save the future for generations to come.

Well, they could always do a sequel to Dangan Ronpa IF!

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

RareAcumen posted:

Not sure how you would save her from being really loving bored.

Gihyou
Feb 19, 2011

Oh God no the ball is gone.
I, for one, appreciate how you attempted to portray the end of this chapter, FP. It's certainly not easy to do in a screenshot format, and I liked that you tried something a little unique.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/status/973225567771176960

This isn't the update, but it totally fits what just happened.

(That account is really good, but V3 spoilers ahoy so be warned)

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/status/946825895746121730

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/status/958042601428418560

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/status/931209127044325378
https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/status/938853990833332224

Thanks for my new favorite twitter account.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/status/963101537684701184

some of these are a little on-the-nose

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch the Epilogue! :siren:

And so...the incident is coming to an end.

The incident riddled with absurdity, with nonsense, with sheer irrationality...is about to lower its curtain.

An incident smaller than Hope's Peak Academy's biggest, most tragic event... Smaller than the biggest, most awful, most tragic event in human history...

An incident so small it doesn't even have a name.

The world will never know what happened here... Not now, not in the distant future.

...As long as they remain here.

: Apparently they've finished the preparations... We can leave anytime.
: Then...I guess we should get going.
: Hey Makoto...is this really okay? You're the one who said, "Leave the questions to me," so I let you take the lead... Are they really going to be okay? Didn't they just turn back into Ultimate Despair?
: I don't think...that's the case. I mean...if they did turn back, they wouldn't have said that they'd stay on this island.
: Perhaps they're thinking about helping their sleeping friends?
: I can't really say for sure...but that's what I believe.
: Whether they know it or not, the fact that they're already clinging to that feeling shows that they're no longer who they were in the past.
: It seems that there are too many soft-hearted people here...
: But in reality...the possibility of those who are asleep waking up is close to zero.

: No, the possibility isn't a problem. Even if there's the smallest possibility... They're still trying to create that future for themselves... In their eyes, that is the future.
: The smallest possibility... You might as well call it a miracle.
: But strangely enough...I have a feeling that they'll be able to reach it. They've accepted their hopes and their despair, and they're trying to create their own future... Maybe, for people like that, miracles are inevitable, don't you think?
: Hmph, as cheesy as ever... Seriously...you haven't grown up at all...
: H-Haven't grown up...!?
: That's the main reason...we decided to come with you.
: Well, who cares...? I guess I'll respect your decision...this time. However, what comes next is going to be difficult for us.
: Leaving them on this island... If the higher-ups at HQ find out about this, it will definitely cause a scene.
: We need to work on concealing it.
: ...That's not a problem.
: And what do you intend to explain to HQ?
: U-Um... About that...I was gonna think about it while I was on the ship...
: ...Good luck. I'm not going to help you that much.
: Huh!? Wh-Why!?
: You should at least be glad that we decided to respect your decision.
: F-Fine...

: Then let's go back as well. We're not even close to finished yet...there's still a lot we must do. Besides the Future Foundation, the biggest, most awful, most tragic even in human history is not finished... We must end this once and for all, for the sake of the future.
: It seems...I must fight alongside you all for a little while longer...
: Plus, there's someone waiting for you to return.
: ...Don't make me remember something so horrifying.
: Then let's go... We...must create our own futures, too.

No Music.

And so...the ordeal has ended. And from here, our daily lives have started. Lives that are much more absurd, nonsensical, and irrational than before...

Things are...probably going to be a lot more difficult now. There's no such thing as an answered mystery... It's doubtful whether or not things will even end well.

The future isn't a path, it's like an endless sea... You can try to go anywhere...but it doesn't mean you'll get there.

Even so, I will keep on living.

I will keep on living as Hajime Hinata.

: My future...lies here.

:siren: Click here to watch the Credits! :siren:

: We've reached the end of the main game! Thank you so much for following along with the LP! I love this game a lot and I'm glad I was able to show it off to everyone.
: But we're far from over. I still have to do the leftover Free Time Events, as well show off the other Bonus Modes. Stay tuned and stick around for all the additional content I've yet to cover!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I once told Oren that the VLR LP would wrap up before the DR2 one. This wasn't how I thought that would go down.

Anyway. Good work, FP!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Dead Pool Results! :siren:

So someone in here asked about the Dead Pool in light of the end of the trial, and whether or not it meant that everyone was actually alive. I'm not going to pull any tricks on people like that. As far as we know from what the game has told/shown us, the people that died in the Neo World Program are "dead". So for our purposes, their deaths in the game are what counts for the Dead Pool. Therefore, the survivors are Hajime, Akane, Kazuichi, Sonia and Fuyuhiko. Monokuma's column doesn't really count since he wasn't a student, and I obviously wasn't going to include a Junko, Makoto, Kyoko or Real Byakuya column. With that said:

The winner of the No-Spoilers Dead Pool is Serefin99!
The winner of the Spoilers Dead Pool is SMaster777!

I'll be in touch with your avatar gift certificates at some point soon. Feel free to PM me about it or tell me another way I can deliver you the cert if you don't have DMs, such as on Discord.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Ultimate Swindler.

Really? How did they screw that up?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

These two fit so well that I have to wonder if Kodaka LARPed these Tweets.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Congratulations everyone, we have reached the Present!

I hope you brought snacks. We'll be here awhile.

Hooray for the Dead Pool winners!

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/status/938130942308347905

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Nice that Hajime found time for a haircut after waking up.

And that he didn’t change much despite it being 2 years later plus a transformation into a totally different person with evil superpowers.

Qrr fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 13, 2018

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Junko is the way that she is as a result of her Talent. The only way to prevent her from becoming what she is, is to prevent her from developing that Talent ... so basically you'd have to lobotomize her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheDavies posted:

Junko is the way that she is as a result of her Talent. The only way to prevent her from becoming what she is, is to prevent her from developing that Talent ... so basically you'd have to lobotomize her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dcmLscf3g

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Just as a reminder, DRV3 isn't the sequel/ending to this. DR3, the double anime series and the ending special, Super Danganronpa 2.5, are.

Though also as a reminder, they exist purely to crush your affection into tiny pieces and hurt you for the majority of their runs, so maybe don't rush to watch them for closure.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Also don't play Despair Girls.

Someone really should do an LP tearing into it. Would do it myself, but that would involve buying/playing the game, and gently caress that.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I actually kinda liked Despair Girls. I mean, it also existed to hurt you for the majority of its time, and it was nearly entirely ancillary, but I love Toko/Sayo, and she really shines in that game. The game play was boring at best and the game was really, really uncomfortable in large quantities, but I dunno, I feel like the relationship between Komaru and Toko was fun. DR3... not so much. I guess it has pay off, but good poo poo. Half of that series is just hard to watch emotionally, and half of it is just hard to watch because it's entirely pointless edginess.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I feel like you can get all the good parts of Despair Girls by just watching youtube videos of the Toko/Sayo interaction scenes. Everything else ranges from mediocre to :yikes:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheDavies posted:

This at least isn't true and supplementary material released as part of the game does go into this.

• Locked thread