Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Kavak posted:

EDIT: "In the heart of the fire holds the key" Get a good look at the kiln and the woman running it.

1D: Take the bottle of water but don't drink it, figure out later if it's a trap. 2D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B with a dose of C
2. E

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
CE

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

the_steve posted:

1. B with a dose of C
2. E

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
You shoot Kind a glance, nodding slightly in Moroni’s direction, Get him talking.

“Oh I understand that,” she says. “Never want to brag about you’re hotdish before it’s finished. But, those pieces are really what attracted us to you, we have a metalworker artist, Jim Long Crow, maybe you’ve heard about him? No? Really talented kid, but he’s not really set up equipment-wise, and I have no idea how to help him..”

As she rambles on, you amble over to the kiln, looking curious. In an artist studio where all the other artist are props, the appearance of an assistant is curious, and worrying. You think back to the super and wonder how much he knows. Certainly enough to be trouble.

Daisy is bent over the kiln, digging around the inside. You glance at her, she seems human, young and trying too hard. Of course not every agent of the machine is as obvious as the Tick Tock cops. Some are far more subtle. When she sees you looking she pops up and gives you a flat stare.

“What?”

“You’re Mr. Moroni’s assistant?”

“I’m more like Aldo’s hanger on.”

“You like it?”

“Daisy!” Moroni yells from across the room.

A curse as Daisy, surprised, bumped into the hot kiln. “What?”

“When did I...when did you start?”

“October.”

“Right, so..ok.” Moroni take a moment to collect himself. Then he resumes talking to Kind. “So, normally with me, the act of creation is the art. You look around at my pieces and they all look dynamic, fluid, changing. Art is life. it’s a representation of life. Normally things don’t just ‘come to me’ like some artists. But one day in like November, I wake up and I just see these things. They are like huge crouching antenna, or like sea mines. Something just big and unnatural, juxtaposed with the river and trees and greenery. I mean I can see everything, where they are placed how they are placed, everything.”

“Aldo!” Daisy yells at him. “You’re not going over this again are you?”

“Daisy, this could help them.”

Daisy rolls her eyes and takes out her phone. “He gets worked up you know. Aldo has a medical condition, stress is bad for him. You're going to get him all worked up and sick over those drat hunks of junk. They're art, crappy crappy art, that's it."

She walks off, tapping away at her phone. You stand for a moment, looking at the kiln which seems to be a mundane peice of equipment. Worse, Daisy seems to be mundane herself. Perhaps your paranoia has gotten the better of you.

“Well, I’m not the best with metalwork, not on that scale,” Moroni is saying, running his hands through his hair. “But Daisy was helpful in that regard. So we collaborate on the project and...that’s it. Aside from me burning up a lot of goodwill with the arts commissions getting those drat things placed right. Am I missing anything Daisy?”

The assistant has gotten close to Moroni, still tapping on her phone, she pauses for a moment. “Nope, aside from the studio was like ten times as dirty.”

“Yeah, right.” Moroni shrugged. “That’s it really. Metal isn’t really my thing.” the artist stood up. “But, I have some good pieces I am working on now, lemme show you...”

“Daisy helped with the designs huh? They really are striking, our friend Long Crow was curious about etchings an--”

“Yeah about that,” Daisy says, putting her phone down. “This guy you’re talking about Jim Long Crow, he done any exhibitions? The Loft? MIA? Anything?”

Kind looks at you, “Um, I don’t remember. He’s new and, like I said not really expos-”

“Yeah but you had to hear of him somewhere, see some of his stuff? You’re not going to dump a poo poo ton of cash on an unknown right?”

“Well, no. But he worked with Ms. Pillager at--”

“Native Images right? The arts non-profit for Native Youth? The one that doesn’t exist?”

“Daisy!” Moroni exclaims.

“Listen Aldo, they’re playing us. I don’t know who they are, but nothing about anything they’re said is anywhere online.”

“We’re a new organization.” You say, stepping closer.

“New, but no facebook group? No registering with Springboard? Bullshit.”

“Why--” Moroni starts. “Why would they..”

“It doesn’t matter Aldo, just tell them to leave.”

Kind is nodding towards Moroni who is running his hands through his hair again. At this distance, and with Kind’s help, you see that what you assumed was silver hair at his temples is not silver hair. It’s silver wire. You breath catches in your throat. When humans are touched by the God Machine, when they see it’s workings on the world, they are changed mentally and physically. They are given Stigmata, brands or tells similar to Demon glitches but permanent, and often the physical representation of some mental and emotional scarring. Aldo Moroni is stigmatic, touched by the Machine.

“Tell us about the sculptures Aldo.”

“I..I why do you want to know about them? They’re just-”

“Aldo, shut it.” Daisy says.

“gently caress this,” Kind rolls her eyes and takes a handgun out of her bag, pointing it at Moroni. “Mr. Moroni. We are dangerous people, you should really answer our questions. What else do you know about those statues? Where is the goddamn Key?”

“The..Key? Yeah...yeah...I got it here. It was a small thing. I just--"

"Aldo.." Daisy said sharply.

"--too small for me to really work with. I don't do metal, and definitely couldn't make something that actually would work--"

"Aldo..stop."

"-- Daisy insisted though, and...I saw it...saw everything...."

Moroni inches towards a random pile of debris, and takes a manilla envelope from it. He turns towards Kind and steps towards her.

"Aldo!" yelled Daisy. "Batiltu."

Moroni suddenly drops, like a puppet with its strings cut, to the floor. His body make a heavy, meaty, noise.

Daisy snatches a fettling knife from the large table and points it at Kind.

"Look at what you made me do." she rasps. "You never should have come here. You have threatened the plan."

She starts to make her way around the table, getting closer to Kind. Gone was the appearance of a spunky hipster art student. Now she was fanatical madness.

"What falls may rise."

Below you, you hear the sounds of a dozen studio doors slamming open at once, and feet pounding down hallways.

Finally,” Kind says, and shoots Daisy.

1. What do we do next? Vote for all preferences. We chose to end any flight as quick as possible. And to let Kind kill some people, so she’ll murder until we stop her or join in.
A Grab the package, jump out a window to escape, leave Kind to deal with everything.
B Grab the package, head down the hall. These “artists” are’t angels, but they aren’t human either, we might be able to fight through them with a good ol’ hallway fight.
C Grab Moroni and get out as stealthy as possible.
D. Grab Moroni and fight your way out.
E. Moroni is useless, we should kill him so he doesn’t fall into enemy hands.
F. We need to examine this space, and Moroni. Hold up here with Kind, put down anything that comes in that door as quick as possible.
G. Something else?

2. How Demonic are we willing to go?
H As full Demon as we need.
I We could activate 2 Forms at most.
J Stay human no matter what.

3. We are running low on Willpower. We regain it by playing to our Virtue (Destruction) and our Vice (Precise). Which do we play to?
K. Precise. We move with precision, despite wishing for action and thus gain 1 Willpower
L. Destruction. We indulge in needless destruction, despite knowing it puts us and kind at Risk, and refill ALL Willpower.

Our game's Tone isn't pure Soft, so we get a chance to get Loud for fun.

Burned a willpower to try to get Aldo to talk, it failed.
Failed to pick up something about Daisy. Going to flip it to a Critical Failure, which means we get a Beat for something GM-related. So we check our Cipher..success. Our next question is
What category is the next Key Embed?
The Answer is Vocal.

Character Sheet

World Map

Dice Rolls

Conspiracy/Plot Board

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

F
I
K

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. AE
2. H
3.L

Start the theme music its go time!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

NinjaPete posted:

Finally,” Kind says, and shoots Daisy.

1. What do we do next? Vote for all preferences. We chose to end any flight as quick as possible. And to let Kind kill some people, so she’ll murder until we stop her or join in.

Time for a set-piece!!

F. We need to examine this space, and Moroni. Hold up here with Kind, put down anything that comes in that door as quick as possible.

Have kind get her 'murder' on while we check the space; then:

C Grab Moroni and get out as stealthy as possible.

and

A Grab the package, jump out a window to escape, leave Kind to deal with everything.

Have Kind leave as well, we don't need another casualty on our hands.

NinjaPete posted:

2. How Demonic are we willing to go?

I We could activate 2 Forms at most.

No sense in staying too quiet, The Machine knows we're here and looking into these sculptures.

NinjaPete posted:

3. We are running low on Willpower. We regain it by playing to our Virtue (Destruction) and our Vice (Precise). Which do we play to?

K. Precise. We move with precision, despite wishing for action and thus gain 1 Willpower

No full Destruction, not yet. That time will come soon enough, by the way things are going.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

JesterOfAmerica posted:

1. AE
2. H
3.L

Start the theme music its go time!

+1 secure the package.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. AE
2. H
3. K

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

ABD
H
L

Yippie kai yay, motherfucker.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
1. F
2. H
3. L

Ink has a pipe bomb with a detonator in her pocket.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

F The kiln might still be important I am not wrong
I We may be burnt, but until we're certain we don't go loud.
L Chuck the bomb at whatever crowd is coming down the hallway and click click BOOM. We should be sure it's yield isn't too extreme and is primarily an anti-personnel creation, no reason to start a fire.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh what do you know, we do indeed have a couple claymores in our satchel here if that ever becomes necessary.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1) FB. With Kind watching our back we can handle this, and leaving her behind would be against our long term interests. Let's mine this place for clues. Whatever happens make sure we leave with the key and Daisy's phone (turned off).
2) H. There's little point holding back now.
3) L. Ever fought an invisible multi-limbed demon with a grenade launcher? Destruction sounds appropriate.

Moroni might know more but he could be useless to us in his current state. Also he'd be rather inconvenient to carry around/store.

"What falls will rise" and the work started in November. These aren't the first clues that this is some sort of weather bomb. Sounds like it's been vacuuming up extra heat all winter to unload later. Making the bridge supports melt is my best guess. No clue why.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Daisy shouted "Batiltu".

It appears to be Assyrian for something along the lines of halt/stop/cease/discontinued.

I don't think it's currently clear whether that knocked Moroni unconscious or stopped his heart.

Does the GM build angels like demons to our knowledge? Like could Daisy be an angel hiding in a human suit we just broke open? Wondering if we have reason to think she wouldn't stay down. Could be that the GM just uses some sort of cultists for mundane work.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

malbogio posted:

Does the GM build angels like demons to our knowledge? Like could Daisy be an angel hiding in a human suit we just broke open? Wondering if we have reason to think she wouldn't stay down. Could be that the GM just uses some sort of cultists for mundane work.

Yes. Angels could have what is called a Mortal Mask, basically a Cover much like yours, but a lot better and taking more power. We could use Aetheric Resonance to ping and see if she (or anything else in the room) is putting out any Aether. I didn't because we're getting low. Not out yet, but we're definitely 50% empty.

The GM and its Angels also use Cultists because humans are dumb and easily manipulated.

Bonus: Should we spend an Aether to ping?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Ask Kind to do it instead.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dr Subterfuge posted:

This, gotta make sure there are no surprises.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

This is a good vote

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

malbogio posted:

1) FB. With Kind watching our back we can handle this, and leaving her behind would be against our long term interests. Let's mine this place for clues. Whatever happens make sure we leave with the key and Daisy's phone (turned off).
2) H. There's little point holding back now.
3) L. Ever fought an invisible multi-limbed demon with a grenade launcher? Destruction sounds appropriate.

Moroni might know more but he could be useless to us in his current state. Also he'd be rather inconvenient to carry around/store.

"What falls will rise" and the work started in November. These aren't the first clues that this is some sort of weather bomb. Sounds like it's been vacuuming up extra heat all winter to unload later. Making the bridge supports melt is my best guess. No clue why.

God fuel can't melt steel beams.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. B
2. I
3. L

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
24ish notice. Current standings

A 5
B 4
C 1
D 1
E 3
F 7
G 0
H 7
I 5
J 0
K 4
L 8

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Smart idea.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

NinjaPete posted:

Bonus: Should we spend an Aether to ping?

Yes, and do it ourselves; I want this data firsthand.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
F
H
L
Yes to Aether ping

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Get Kind to ping.

CourValant posted:

Yes, and do it ourselves; I want this data firsthand.

Yeah, but we also get ... something ... when we manipulate people into doing stuff for us. Trying to do everything is literally shooting ourself in the foot.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Bonus: Get Kind to Ping.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, but we also get ... something ... when we manipulate people into doing stuff for us. Trying to do everything is literally shooting ourself in the foot.

Good point, I forgot about that 'Beat' thing.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
Cue Music

“Finally,” Kind says, and shoots Daisy.

And..misses.

Daisy flinches in surprise, but recovers faster than Kind. She charges Kind and stabs her, plunging her knife into Kind’s side. Kind lets out a grunt and stumbles backwards. Daisy hold on the knife is stronger than the tool’s blade and as Kind falls away and Daisy twists around the blade shatters, leaving about four inches buried in Kind’s ribs.

Daisy spins towards you and charges. Reflexively, you grab her arm and use it as a lever, along with grabbing the waistband of her pants you lift her up over your head. For a moment it looks as if you have deadlifted the deranged girl, but gravity and momentum take over and she starts to fall. You redirect her fall, and add a little more power to it, and slam her down on the table. Like a defeated monster from a Godzilla movie, Daisy lays ruin to the small city on the table, ceramic buildings and landscapes shatter and go flying. Daisy deflates and goes still.

1. Do you kill Daisy?
A Yes, we’ll risk Compromise to take her down for good.
B No, Mabin doesn’t kill people. We’ll have to hope she stays down.

You crouch down next to Kind.

“You okay?”

“In a bit,” Kind says. “What’s the plan?”

“Can you ping the area? See if any Aether is being used?”

Kind nods and closes her eyes for a moment.

“Nothing nearby,” she says. “Not in the room at least. She’s clean. Downstairs, artists and..something big in the basement.”

You nod. “How long can you hold them off?”

“Depends if I run out of bullets,” Kind says. “I’m putting on my game face.”

That makes you freeze. “You sure?”

“My Cover has a gut wound, I can fight easier. You should too.”

You shake your head. “I don’t want to risk Mabi-”

“If we don’t get out of this quick, Mabin is compromised no matter what. At least this way we can eliminate witne--”

The door bursts open and three “artists” enter. You see very quickly they are not human. Their backs have skin, hair, clothes, everything that it takes to look like a real boy. Their fronts are smooth chrome. A pair of glowing eyes set in the head are the only detail. Everything else looks like a Ken doll dipped in chrome. Each of them is carrying a bludgeoning weapon, a piece of furniture, a chunk of rebar or pipe. They sight you and step into the room.

Kind fires three times, all three drop dead.

“I’ll hold them off as long as I can,” Kind says. “You do whatever you’re going to do.

Kind changes. Her skin and clothes go up like flash paper, revealing her true self underneath. She is a thing of coils and springs, with etches blood-red patterns swirling over her “skin”, which is constantly shifting liquid, tar given life. Every so often this skin drips off of her and falls, smoking to the floor. You have to take a step back as the heat suddenly emanating from her body become uncomfortable. From within her a red glow is starting, and you think you hear the sound of an idling jet engine when she turns her blank face towards you. The face is off putting, even the Artist Kens had eyes. The knife lodged in her ribs melts and falls to the floor in a puddle.

“We don’t have much time.”

You shift. Again your skin breaks open in a miniature hexagonal pattern, as if you are growing mirrored scaled. But the changes do not stop there. Out of the cracks in your carapace, silver fluid oozes. A thing muurcuey coating that shifts when you move but does not quite hide your form. Steel cables replace muscles as your arms separate, becoming four, and your fingers divide, flatten, and curve. Each hand is a ball of threshing blades that snicker-snack against each other. Your eyes multiply and turn a solid, glowing white, like an angelic spider.

You feel free. Though you like Mabin, and are worryingly starting to think of her as you it is good to not have to hide yourself, and you feel more intune with the world around you. You breathe deeply, drawing in miniscule amounts of Aether as you do so.

“Hold them off long enough for me to lift this place,” you tell Kind. “Then burn it down.”

Kind nods, and wheels towards the door as four more Kens appear. She puts them all down, one shot each, and starts to reload. “We have a choke point, but get to it!”

You literally zip around the room, blurring from the floor to the wall above the klin. You rip open the top and peer inside. Gears. Small ceramic, artfully made gears. They don’t look properly functional though. Eight teeth, irregularly sized, largely spaced. More like a ship wheel. Hesitantly you touch one, no reaction.

2. Do you take the gears?
C. Yes
D. No

You run along Moroni’s piles of sketches, flipping through them as quickly as possible. You pick up on two patterns. One is that gear, schematic sketches here, stylized symbol there. The other is falling bridges or ruined bridges. Different bridges, different angels and perspectives. But all falling.

You flit back to Daisy and examine her ummoving body. No weapons, no wallet. Just her phone. You note a tattoo at the nape of her neck. The gear. Kind has reloaded and drawn her second gun. She fires a volley of covering fire from the doorway and ducks back inside.

“Her phone! She was one her phone when we were here.”

You try her phone but of course it has a lock screen.

3. What do you do with the phone? (Approval Voting)
E. Take it
F. Leave it.
G. Sabotage and take it (you’ll need to find someone to repair it)

You zip to the ceiling, and look down, checking to see if you have missed anything. That is when you recognize the table. The tiny clay city Daisy has partially demolished is not some abstract or fictional place. It is the metro. You can clearly see Dayton Bluffs poking out from under Daisy’s right thigh. Looking at it, things seem..off...buildings or streets that you do not recognize. Random different colors and glazes used by Moroni. It could be artistic flavoring..but still. You look at it long enough to commit the surviving map to memory.

The temperature in the room is heating up Kind has dropped her guns and is sitting in the doorway, pulsing heat and light.

“Hurry up! Get out of the building, I’ll cover you.”

You grab the package, the supposed Key with one hand and head towards the window, you can easily slip through it, but you pause as you see Moroni, slumped over, face first on the ground. You check his pulse, still alive.

Behind you Kind swears and there is a flash of heat. You turn to look, napalm is raining throughout the room. Kind swears as some hits her, sparking against her skin. The featureless face turns towards you.

“I’ve lost control, we gotta go. I’ll burn through the building!”

4. Do you take Moroni? If Daisy is still alive, this includes her. Due to your strength and extra hands you can take them both, but it will be a little trickier. (Approval Voting)
H No, let him burn, (Will call for a Compromise check)
I. Let’s at least toss him out the window, if he lives he lives.
J Take him with us, he’ll slow us down, but we can question him when he gets up.
K Something else.

5. When you get out, where do you go?(Approval Voting)
L. Switch to Mabin, wait in Kind’s car.
M Check out the basement, there’s Aether there, we might be able to siphon some.
N Find a nearby Free Agency to crash at (This will use our I Know Some One Condition.)
O Find a nearby Home Office outpost to crash at (This will use our I Know Some One Condition.)
P Just run back to Mabin’s house as quickly as possible.
Q Fall back to the Ring’s hideout.

Kind lost to Daisy using the Down and Dirty Combat. Mabin won.
Kind activates Merciless Gunman and straight up kill the next 7 people she sees.
Kind uses Aetheric Resonance, Daisy seems human, though the Ken Dolls aren’t and there is something in the basement that is giving off Aether.
Kind went full Demonic, and failed her roll. She chose a Glitch and “Succeeded”. She has a Permanent Major Glitch. Mr. Kind cannot touch Ceramics with her bare skin.
Ink went full Demonic and succeeded after using a point of Willpower. She has a minor temporary glitch. I’ll take suggestions, otherwise use ones already made. She regains one point of Aether.
Mabin is making an extended investigation. She has 3 rolls to get 5 successes. And gets it in 2.
Kind Activates her Rain of Fire Power, but fails. Flipping it to a Dramatic Failure. The fire is out of Control and the building is gaining the Inferno Tilt.
Ink gained a beat (actually two) and made her Cipher roll. We have the name of our next Key Embed, and I’ll reveal it.....next time.

I am going to count this as “Smashing something of the Machines. So we gain a third beat, and fullfill our Short Term Aspiration. So..

6. What is our new Short Term Aspiration?

Character Sheet

World Map

Dice Rolls

Conspiracy/Plot Board

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. A
2. C
3. FG
4. I
5. LQ
6. Start the Demonic Socialists of America (Start a Cult)

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 14, 2018

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

JesterOfAmerica posted:

1. A
2. C
3. FG
4. I
5. LQ
6. Start the Demonic Socialists of America (Start a Cult)

This

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1 A She knows too much about us.
2 C I was going to say no, let them burn. But then I remembered ceramic doesn't burn. Your house can burn down and your ceramic mugs will be fine. So we should take them.
3 F We don't need the crazy lady's phone. She's a cultist, she doesn't know anything real.
4 J Take him. Maybe the authorities will think he burned down the place.
5 L Running all over town carrying an unconscious man isn't impossible, but it offers a lot of a lot of chances for bad things to happen. And we need to take Kind's car anyway, we can't leave it here to be found by the police and firemen.

6. I'll wait to see what others suggest.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

B
C
I WAS RIGHT
G What does sabotage entail?
J
N

We look kind of...oily, like we haven't washed in a while.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
1. B information. keep her alive
2. C
3.E
4.J take daisy as well
5. M curiousity - also not going to bother to put in other votes here because goons are very conservative and generally logical in their voting
6. Start cult

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kavak posted:

G What does sabotage entail?

We can break a mechanical thing instantly just by touching it. I don't think we get to control exactly how it breaks or how hard it will be to fix it though. Seems excessive to burn a power on it when we could just take out the battery.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B
C
EG
J
M

Also lol yes please found the Demonic Socialists of America.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

B
C
EG
IJ
MNO
Demonic Socialists of America

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Man that went poorly for Kind.

1. B Don't want to get compromised.
2. C Take them I guess.
3. EG Moscow Rules.
4. I See 1.
5. M This is probably the best chance to do something dicey like this, considering how fast and stealthy we are. What could possibly go wrong?
6. -

What happens after we lose our I Know Some One condition? Do we "refresh" it somehow? Get a new one?

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Dr Subterfuge posted:

What happens after we lose our I Know Some One condition? Do we "refresh" it somehow? Get a new one?

It refreshes at the end of a chapter. So in a day or so game time. Until then you don't get beats for making people do stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1) A. She's an enemy agent and the stakes are high.
2) C. One of the two sketches is of the gears, they could be very useful.
3) EG. I want that phone. If we're lucky this cultist wasn't taught proper spycraft and could have left behind multiple leads on the GM's human network in the city.
4) J. Not sure if we should bother taking him back to base with us, but Mabin isn't interested in getting civilians killed. Moroni doesn't seem to have realized how he was being used, and he doesn't seem like an ongoing threat.
5) LQNO. The building is burning down and enemy reinforcements are likely on the way. We need to get out of here. Take the car with us if we can (though Kind's current situation might make that unfeasible) and get to some sort of safehouse.

When Kind puts her human shell back on what happens? Will she be dealing with the stab wound again? Would like to make sure she extracts cleanly. If she's going to be setting everything on fire as a demon then maybe she should put her shell back on so we can get her to the car easier? Did we park on the street out front or somewhere more secluded? If the car's too close to the building then we might have to abandon it for now given the possible arrival of cops and/or not-cops.