Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Aumanor posted:

Does your version have the original version of the OST or the PS Vita remixes? Cause the latter are much worse in my opinion.
Some are fine or at least interesting remixes, though yeah a few are uh...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckc0LNUjF_Y

At least it's all togglable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Guess I've been listening to the Vita version this whole time. There are no words for how much I hate this track and how eager I am to get through any scene that uses it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Oh wow, that is terrible.

The "normal" version for comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJhC70dPN2Y

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wouldn't say the normal version is any better

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

then drown in your ideals and die

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nate RFB posted:

pffffffhahahaha

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Normal EoR is one of the most iconic songs on the soundtrack, remix is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's like toby fox made a joke track that intentionally replaces all subtlety and emotion in the track's flute track with blaring air horns for a fanfiction where rin summons an emiya doge.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the normal version isn't good either :classiclol:

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Stairmaster posted:

then drown in your ideals and die

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I got to the bit where Taiga switches the food labels and I have to say that she is really, really Strong.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
A friend of mine who doesn't even like Fate in general likes Taiga, that's how good she is.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/967582067956506624

important episode next week.

... or this week. sasuga february

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
double post i don't give a gently caress look at illya

https://twitter.com/eggplantnasu04/status/967241216566870016

(reads left to right)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Space Flower posted:

(reads left to right)
It also make as much sense to read from bottom right and go upward, then repeat leftward.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I finished the True End of Heaven's Feel. I don't really understand what happened but it must be really good because I was ugly-crying at a video game.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Endorph posted:

utena was a formative work for nasu so that isnt really surprising

oh is that for real? that would actually make a lot of sense. Like hey let's set up a war game and channel the power of an old mythical hero.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Cephas posted:

oh is that for real? that would actually make a lot of sense. Like hey let's set up a war game and channel the power of an old mythical hero.

Yea, there's a great interview from last year where he talks about how much of an impact shoujo manga and Ikuhara had on him.

https://wakameparadise.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/nasu-ikuhara/

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I finished the True End of Heaven's Feel. I don't really understand what happened but it must be really good because I was ugly-crying at a video game.

Transferring consciousness between containers is a type of magecraft in the setting, and Illya employs it a couple time in her Dead Ends where Shirou ends up in a plush toy or other more gruesome states.

What happens in the True End is Illya used the Third Magic to restore Shirou's soul into a not-dying state, using her body as a container, while her own soul entered the Greater Grail to close it. Shirou then spent a while like that until they found a compatible 'puppet' body to more permanently transfer his soul into. The end result is he's more or less a normal human, since good artificial bodies can accurately mimic human life both on the outside and inside, but it wasn't a body that was specifically made for him so it's a bit quirky.

Rin for her part had to explain to the Mage's Association why in the gently caress a hole to the Root, the goal of all mages, opened and then immediately closed in Fuyuki - the fact that the true purpose of the Grail War was to reach Akasha was only known to the three founding families, after all. But thanks to Zelrecht interceding on her behalf that got sorted out and now she's student at the Clocktower like she had originally planned, while Shirou and Sakura live peacefully in Fuyuki.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I really appreciate the break-down on that. I know they left sufficient hints and there was a lot of explanation, my eyes were just really glazing over because I was making myself play late to finish the story.

I enjoyed it a lot, and I'm really looking forward to playing Hollow Ataraxia. Gotta get all the Tiger Dojos and check out Normal Ending 2 first, though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incidentally, a bunch of trailers for Extella Link have been coming out, and it honestly looks like a significant improvement - the graphics are cleaner, Extella Manoeuvres aren’t a thing any more (and their big special attacks have been incorporated into the characters’ regular movesets, and a bunch of characters have had their movesets tweaked to become faster, snappier, and more devastating. Article (and links to other articles) here.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/gravitypriest/status/973256311742914560

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Ah that explains that one comic where Shirou is in Illya's body.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

taser rates posted:

Yea, there's a great interview from last year where he talks about how much of an impact shoujo manga and Ikuhara had on him.

https://wakameparadise.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/nasu-ikuhara/

This is excellent and I'm glad to know that Nasu has good taste

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Raenir Salazar posted:

Ah that explains that one comic where Shirou is in Illya's body.

Post it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it's an old comedy doujin series

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Oh I’ve read it but god gave us img tags for an important reason

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Space Flower posted:

I actually can't find it anymore. :(

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lol

quote:

Since I’m a man, the fact of the heroine who had protected her chastity up until that point suddenly having sex with Akio-san—didn’t inspire much of an unpleasant feeling in me, actually.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!

Space Flower posted:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

utena was a formative work for nasu so that isnt really surprising

... holy gently caress this explains so much

nasu's been basically doing "manime" versions of Utena over and over again and it rules

e: like, Utena + extremely badass people beating the poo poo out of each other and screaming a lot = :fsn: basically

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

what an awful post you've made

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
That's a ridiculous oversimplification at best, if not outright wrong.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

taser rates posted:

That's a ridiculous oversimplification at best, if not outright wrong.

i will absolutely admit it's the former

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

saber is the epitome of manliness

*retches*

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aurora posted:

saber is the epitome of manliness

*retches*

there's a reason i edited my post :v:

like obviously saber is not a giant buff motherfucker, i'm not goddamn blind. "manime" is a catchall term that i've started seeing weebs use for over-the-top action anime, usually with insane amounts of toxic masculinity and people beating each other up; Black Lagoon tends to get filed in that category, for example, despite the term being about as ridiculous to apply to Revy, because it is a series primarily about poo poo blowing up, people getting shot, and people being badasses at each other.

e: regardless of Fate having a better gender balance than most stuff in that category (the only series that I usually see filed there that really come close are Hellsing and the aforementioned Black Lagoon) I don't think it's a huge stretch to put it in that category, at least somewhat; a huge part of the franchise is insanely over-the-top hype action. like, let's be real here, we're not excited for the HF movies because of the talky parts, we're excited because we want to see Nine Bullet Revolver and the True Ending fight and (if we're extremely lucky) Sparks Liner High and all the other completely wild-rear end poo poo from that route animated.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 13, 2018

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yes, fate, the series known for toxic masculinity

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Actually no, it's just flat out wrong on second thought. The influence is there, but only so explicitly and structurally in Last Encore (and CCC from what I've read of it), his other stuff is far too varied to even try and pigeonhole it like that.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

really loved all the masculinity shiki shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aurora posted:

yes, fate, the series known for toxic masculinity

seriously how did you forget this motherfucker

(there's also Shirou being a weirdo in Fate, but I think that's justified sufficiently well if you're reading the VN, and Kiri being kind of a complete jackass to Iri in Zero, but you're... kind of supposed to see that as a character flaw. honestly the Fate franchise being kind of flawed here is a pretty cold take)