Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I wish they let the Miz/Reigns feud go on longer

Imagine letting the Miz off his leash to talk about someone like Reigns claiming they work hard for where they are and are the underdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lol I didn't even realize they no-showed Rousey until someone mentioned it. good job wwe you're handling this well

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Any reason why Ronda wasn't there? She's got a different contract than Brock. Show run long maybe? Or did they just forget?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
it's for the best ronda no showed she's awful on the mic and i assume she'll be an awful wrestler at least to start as well

i know vince is old but he's looking old now

undertaker vs cena is going to be awful

everything about this mania is just loving awful except aj vs nakamura

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Do it ironically posted:

Vince also got that really terrible old person plastic surgery where it doesn't make you look younger as much as it makes you kind of look like a burn victim with a reconstructed face

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

Using Chyna's name like that now strikes me as scummy, but it's definitely less scummy than Moolah or Mae Young so sure, I guess.

I don't know why I ever expect anything. :/

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Do it ironically posted:

it's for the best ronda no showed she's awful on the mic and i assume she'll be an awful wrestler at least to start as well

undertaker vs cena is going to be awful

everything about this mania is just loving awful except aj vs nakamura

asuka/charlotte and braun/the bar will be good too

if the Bludgeon Brothers/New Day/Usos is a TLC match, it will also be very good

There's still lots of garbage but this mania might have some bright spots

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

fart blood posted:

Any reason why Ronda wasn't there? She's got a different contract than Brock. Show run long maybe? Or did they just forget?

they're building a storyline for roman to fight that lazy no-showing ronda

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

GrimGypsy posted:

asuka/charlotte and braun/the bar will be good too

if the Bludgeon Brothers/New Day/Usos is a TLC match, it will also be very good

There's still lots of garbage but this mania might have some bright spots

Like anything with this company, anything good is in spite of the company, not because of it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

They need to keep Ronda off TV until they teach her how to make an angry face that doesn't look like a toddler being told she has to eat her vegetables

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i forgot about asuka/charlotte that could be a good match

and im so tired of clusterfuck matches, the new day/uso/bludgeon brothers, i drunkenly ranted yesterday, can't we just have 1 person or team vs 1 person or team

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Digging into skeezy people in the entertainment industry is a hot thing right now and on the scale of Louis CK jerking it while drunk and girls laughing at him to Weinstein the turgid rape monster, Moolah is firmly toward the Weinstein end of the scale.

I really do want to know how they think they could do this at their biggest show, this year in particular, without the mainstream media raking them over the coals. Especially with the Rousey thing people are going to be paying attention to this carny bullshit more than usual.

Is this really the kind of press they want in a Wrestlemania build? In my mind I imagine Stephanie begging Vince not to name it after Moolah, and Vince shutting her down with, “Well, we could always go with Chyna...”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bloodysabbath posted:

Digging into skeezy people in the entertainment industry is a hot thing right now and on the scale of Louis CK jerking it while drunk and girls laughing at him to Weinstein the turgid rape monster, Moolah is firmly toward the Weinstein end of the scale.

I really do want to know how they think they could do this at their biggest show, this year in particular, without the mainstream media raking them over the coals. Especially with the Rousey thing people are going to be paying attention to this carny bullshit more than usual.

Is this really the kind of press they want in a Wrestlemania build? In my mind I imagine Stephanie begging Vince not to name it after Moolah, and Vince shutting her down with, “Well, we could always go with Chyna...”

They named an award after a white nationalist homophobe who wrote that drug addicts should be put to death and their fans didn't do poo poo, why shouldn't they name something after a rapist pimp? WWE fans will support them no matter what.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

They named an award after a white nationalist homophobe who wrote that drug addicts should be put to death and their fans didn't do poo poo, why shouldn't they name something after a rapist pimp? WWE fans will support them no matter what.

Warrior was a lovely guy, but Moolah committed actual crimes. She put lovely ideas into practice.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Ronda is busy researching how all the Florida teens are crisis actors, no time for wrestling

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There is no ethical consumption under the Stars and Stripes.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

bloodysabbath posted:

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this is a tipping point. The Twitter reaction was 95% negative. Dakota Kai deleted her generic "whoa *clap emotes*" response when the replies were all negative. Dunno if any others did, but hers I saw.

This one, I'm optimistic that they can't ignore, because it's been big.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

I assume it's just gonna go whooooooosh right past you and into the air once again but, I mean. Do you not get the irony about saying stuff like this when you're posting in these threads, about WWE, kind of a lot? And before you go "lol I don't watch" or "lol :filez:", you're still talkin' about it, which is still word of mouth, which is still a form of passive support.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Warrior was a lovely guy, but Moolah committed actual crimes. She put lovely ideas into practice.

Warrior tried to make a second career out of being a Nazi. Moolah is worse, but lovely guy doesn't begin to describe him.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
There’s a pretty big difference between “person with awful opinions” and “literally pimped out women.”

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

VJeff posted:

I assume it's just gonna go whooooooosh right past you and into the air once again but, I mean. Do you not get the irony about saying stuff like this when you're posting in these threads, about WWE, kind of a lot? And before you go "lol I don't watch" or "lol :filez:", you're still talkin' about it, which is still word of mouth, which is still a form of passive support.

Come on

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

There’s a pretty big difference between “person with awful opinions” and “literally pimped out women.”

and a pretty big difference between "person with awful opinions" and "straight up white nationalist"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

Saying something is awful and no one should watch it is a form of passive support, gotcha.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
It's cool that a company we all collectively try to enjoy puts all kinds of monsters on pedestals.

Celebrate diversity, friends.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Psychepath posted:

It's cool that a company we all collectively try to enjoy puts all kinds of monsters on pedestals.

Celebrate diversity, friends.

Sounds like you're not an indira Gandhi fan, huh

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Yea to be honest I do regret coming back to watching WWE really now that MRT brings it up.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Look I'm not saying we should never talk about anything bad ever again but talking about bad things in any way, shape, or form implicitly supports them!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stop implicitly supporting that poster.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

when you think about it, saying that what moolah did was bad is actually saying that what moolah did is good

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WWE's is very bad. You should not give them money

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jenkem Delivery posted:

WWE's is very bad. You should not give them money

Woah pal, enough with all the wwe support

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Fawning video packages for Moolah and Indira Gandhi, while a person who struggled with eating disorders fat-shamed Nia

Happy Women's History Month!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You probably shouldn't be watching wrestling in general if you can't enjoy the work of terrible people

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Fawning video packages for Indira Gandhi

I'm not falling for your tricks, there's no way that happened.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

I'm not falling for your tricks, there's no way that happened.

https://twitter.com/QaraKoyunlu/status/973380288804921344

In some ways this is even funnier than the Moolah thing

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Look all I'm saying is this build with Roman would make a modicum of sense if he was still a young guy about to main event his first WrestleMania. It'd be tone deaf but at least fathomable. Now it requires warping reality.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i liked cena's promo

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Even if we temporarily ignore Moolah's horrible deeds there's also the problem that as a wrestler she loving sucked and set women's wrestling back decades. It's not a complicated legacy or something like that, particularly in the history of the WWF where she was around for a few years stinking up the joint. By that time she was already this person you were told you were supposed to pay attention to but she did nothing to earn that.

Like I don't even know why they're gung ho on supporting her. You could ignore everything she did in WWE history and lose nothing.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i'm sure roman calling brock "vince's guy" will fool those notoriously easy-to-please mania fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Aphrodite posted:

There is no ethical consumption under the Stars and Stripes.

• Locked thread