Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

snaeksikn posted:

Send an email to Port and see if they will reimburse you

They'll demand that the Gold Coast do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Reminder that the Goon Golden Spoon draft is set for Saturday 17 March 2018 at 6:00 PM (AEDT) because nobody suggested a better time. If you can't be there, don't forget to set your draft order so you don't get robofucked. Also, we're still at 7 teams, we can do better than that. New goons, foreign and domestic, who want to follow along with our demented sport this year, feel free to join in, fantasy isn't nearly as hard as it looks, and half the scoring ends up being lucky choices of fringe players who come good, and players who don't get injured.

Goon Silver Spoon still only has 5 teams, but I guess people are sick of the Hun sticking more and more functionality behind the paywall, yeah?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Collingwood are cooked.

Demons confirmed Mel Hickey did her ACL yesterday

This sucks immensely, at least for the team we will hopefully have Jacobson coming back in which is as close to like for like as we could have for Hickey.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Reminder that the Goon Golden Spoon draft is set for Saturday 17 March 2018 at 6:00 PM (AEDT) because nobody suggested a better time. If you can't be there, don't forget to set your draft order so you don't get robofucked. Also, we're still at 7 teams, we can do better than that. New goons, foreign and domestic, who want to follow along with our demented sport this year, feel free to join in, fantasy isn't nearly as hard as it looks, and half the scoring ends up being lucky choices of fringe players who come good, and players who don't get injured.

Goon Silver Spoon still only has 5 teams, but I guess people are sick of the Hun sticking more and more functionality behind the paywall, yeah?

I definitely can't make it on the 17th, can do most other nights. I tried robodraft once before but it totally didn't work, so not sure how to do it properly as I'm pretty sure I set it up properly

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sounds like Princes Park will be hosting the AFLW grand final.

Makes sense, more capacity than whitten oval or casey fields, can be offered as neutral ground, cheaper to run and the afl don't want a doubleheader with the round 1 games.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thepokey posted:

I definitely can't make it on the 17th, can do most other nights. I tried robodraft once before but it totally didn't work, so not sure how to do it properly as I'm pretty sure I set it up properly

Actually, I just realised I can't do the 17th now either.

Any objections to the same time on the 18th? We can take any day up to the 21st. I've stuck the bye team back in, and given it an excellent robo draft order, so even if no one else joins we have the required even numbers.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Looks like an interesting finish to the AFLW season! Five teams technically still in the hunt, although only four are realistic chances.

GWS vs Brisbane - If GWS wins, they are in the grand final, barring a huge percentage grab by the Crows. Brisbane's only path to the GF requires a big win here and a massive Demons loss, as well as a Crows loss two days later.

Bulldogs vs Melbourne - The winner hosts the grand final. The loser is likely to miss out but not definitely. They would need Brisbane to beat GWS (and not overtake percentage, not an issue for the Dogs) and Collingwood to beat Crows for them to retain a spot in the top 2.

Adelaide vs Collingwood - If Brisbane beats GWS, the Crows just need a win to make the grand final. If GWS beats Brisbane, the Crows have to make up 11 percentage, which sounds like a lot but is technically a realistic prospect. For example if GWS beats Brisbane 20-19, the Crows winning 33-12 would do it. A moderate-size GWS win would probably put it out of reach.

Fremantle vs Carlton - Nobody cares about this match.

Draws make things interesting as well. If the Bulldogs and Melbourne draw, they're both in the GF barring a sizable Giants win (would need to win by roughly 20 points to get past Demons on percentage). Funnily enough if this happens and GWS have an absolutely enormous win (~80 points) the Giants could end up hosting the GF. Obviously, unlikely. If GWS and Brisbane draw, then a Crows win would see them in (barring a Bulldogs and Melbourne draw as well). A Crows/Collingwood draw almost certainly eliminates the Crows.

In summary, if you're a fan of the following teams, this is what you want.

Bulldogs: In your own hands. Just need to win or draw. If you lose, you need Adelaide and GWS to both lose or draw.
Melbourne: Same as Bulldogs, only with a couple of extra scenarios opened up if you get absolutely spanked.
GWS: Must beat Brisbane, then just pray that Bulldogs and Melbourne don't have a draw.
Adelaide: If GWS have already beaten Brisbane, play for percentage. If Brisbane have beaten or drawn with GWS, a win will be enough. A Bulldogs/Melbourne draw effectively ends the season.
Brisbane: Must thrash GWS, pray for a big Melbourne loss, and a Crows loss to Collingwood.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 13, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s a good thing melbourne as a club has traditionally done so well in must win situations ms. Cant help but feel that the inaccuracy in the first quarter against Freo costs us a grand final. 13 inside 50s to 1 or something for a single goal.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s a good thing melbourne as a club has traditionally done so well in must win situations ms. Cant help but feel that the inaccuracy in the first quarter against Freo costs us a grand final. 13 inside 50s to 1 or something for a single goal.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I can't help but look back at the draw against GWS and think, if only we could have scored one more point...

or if only Marinoff had been given a free for having her head taken off when GWS went on to score their final point

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bulldogs and Demons draw, GWS and Crows both win by about 500, GWS vs Crows GF.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Yeah, I know the feeling. I can't help but look back at the draw against GWS and think, if only we could have scored one more point...

or if only Marinoff had been given a free for having her head taken off when GWS went on to score their final point

Or if Cramey hadn't completely muffed that set shot 20 out straight in front

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Chairchucker posted:

Bulldogs and Demons draw, GWS and Crows both win by about 500, GWS vs Crows GF.

The worst timeline and thus almost guaranteed to happen

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sounds like the long proposed Memorial Drive tennis centre upgrade is now going to incorporate the Adelaide 36ers, who will start playing their games there under a revised upgrade plan, and on top of that some kind of formal union, merger, or takeover is going to happen between the 36ers and the Crows, giving the AFC a large say in how the redevelopment of the precinct turns out, ie post game venue, and city training base.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

Or if Cramey hadn't completely muffed that set shot 20 out straight in front

I prefer to be bitter about things that aren't entirely our own fault :(

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Whoever is running the Goon Golden Spoon - with 9 players we have a lot of active spots for a draft..
It's going to take forever picking nobodies. 27 x 9 = 243 players to be picked - maybe we should tone it down to:

4 Defenders
5 Centers
1 Ruck
4 Forwards
----
4 Emergencies, one for each position
4 Bench

What do you guys think? This will keep the free agent pool honest as well.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

That's something I can definitely do, also if we stay at 9 I'll pull the bye team out, because it has to be even numbers, or if we get to 10 it can stay in.

I'm also going to set the draft order based on how we finished last season, unless there are objections

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Usually it's just randomised right before the draft so no one knows.

e: Is it a snaking draft? Like the ninth team has picks 9 & 10? If it's not, doing a draft based on season order puts anyone new to the league at a huge disadvantage.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 14, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think once we fail to make the grand final this week I’ll finally get around to changing my avatar, the AFLX Trophy seems a likely candidate

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Rucci is now personally trolling NTRabbit by naming Matt Crouch 10th on his top 50 players list.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rucci continuing to show he has no idea what he's talking about :colbert:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

We really need to throw the kitchen sink at McGov

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

He extended his contract until the end of 2020, we should have more money to throw at him by then

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

I think once we fail to make the grand final this week I’ll finally get around to changing my avatar, the AFLX Trophy seems a likely candidate

About time, that Pauline Hanson avatar has poo poo me up the wall since you copped it from the last election.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
gently caress

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/974253725333139456

loving hell

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I've adjusted the team composition in the draft league since there was no objection.

We've got room for one more team, final call will be after I have my democracy sausage on Saturday, at which point we'll have 10 teams, or I'll boot the bye team and we'll have 8, and I'll finalise the league ahead of the Sunday afternoon draft.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jesus Christ Cow Dude is one ugly gently caress.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
You leave that beautiful camel person alone

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

snaeksikn posted:

You leave that hideous camel person alone

No, it must be beaten into submission so no one gazes upon the horror any longer.
A knee to the face and a reco should do it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/974386001224372224

yewwww beauty! 3 year extension until 2022, noice.

Also, afl fixtures and scores are finally on google, only a few years late. aflw as well.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Oh thank christ, no more time zone conversions.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Is it just me, or have there been more major injuries than normal this preseason? Seems like there's another one every other day.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ow gently caress that sounds like it would hurt like hell

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I had a dream last night we lost to the bulldogs by 90 points

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

I had a dream last night we lost to the bulldogs by 90 points

Less a dream, more a premonition

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

quote:

Footy fans attending round one matches next week are going to notice something very different about the pre-game and post-game formalities.

The AFL has decided to re-do every single club’s theme song, except for Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney whose tunes are relatively fresh.

New Richmond song
New Bulldogs song
New Collingwood song
New Essendon song
Jesus, what have they done. :smith:

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 16, 2018

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I assume they're just a once-off thing, right? They're not actually changing all the themes permanently?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/974386001224372224

yewwww beauty! 3 year extension until 2022, noice.

Also, afl fixtures and scores are finally on google, only a few years late. aflw as well.

Dunno if im liking this trend of extending draftees who havent even finished their first pre-season yet.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Not sure, as only Triple M have really said anything about it. Hopefully it's temporary because ugh, why? They were fine as they were.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
New Coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I was momentarily optimistic until they kept in the preeemiership flag bit