Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
So how many weeks until they go back to the well of having Vince or Heyman say a bunch of racist poo poo about Samoans to get Roman cheered?

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Roman-HHH feud was loving awful

The Political Hit was real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Roman Reigns more like Roamin’ Pains

*fistpump*

fuckin’ nailed it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe I'm going to see the Undertaker die walking down a 3.2 mile long Wrestlemania ramp.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
so like is taker just gonna be all "nevermind I guess" about retirement?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Roman-HHH feud was loving awful

the video package for it was pretty good though

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
We also got Stephanie eating a spear out of it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

piss tape israel posted:

We also got Stephanie eating a spear out of it

Oh dip, they finally released the tape?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The rumor backstage since basically post-last Mania was he was unhappy with his performance, felt he could do better, and wasn't against coming back

Cena probably won't be able to get a better performance out of him, new hip or no

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The rumor backstage since basically post-last Mania was he was unhappy with his performance, felt he could do better, and wasn't against coming back

Cena probably won't be able to get a better performance out of him, new hip or no

I dunno, Cena is a loving master at low-impact WWE style matches

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

That Raw was so loving bad, holy poo poo. The Mania Preshow is gonna have to have like 5 matches to keep the main show from becoming a bloated pile of poo poo.

Roman/Brock
Miz/Finn/Seth
Alexa/Nia
Bar/Braun
CW Finals
Kurt & Ronda/Steph &Trips
Cena/Undertaker
AJ/Nakamura
Usos/New Day/Bludgeon Bros
Orton/Roode/Jinder
Charlotte/Asuka
Shane/Ziggler I guess?
Pimp Rapist Battle Royal
Bayley/Sasha?
Zayn/KO?

Possibly 15 matches :psyduck: WM30, also at least a 5 hour show, had a total of 8 matches, with one being on the preshow. Nothing is getting any significant amount of time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My friend got a hug from Braun yesterday. Braun has a exaggerated look of horror on his face in the picture.

At least one good thing came of WWE coming to Detroit. Haven't heard about the dark match yet.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Presenting Brock Lesnar as a badass loner who shows up to work when he feels like it and Roman as the loyal employee who goes crying to management about it will surely get the Wrestlemania crowd firmly on the Big Dogs side.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Taker also wanted Cena to be his retirement match but Vince said no.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Mel Mudkiper posted:

retirement is nice but somewhere close to 7 figures for 20 minutes of entrance and 20 minutes of quarter speed wrestling a year sounds nicer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Undertaker is nearly broke, and has almost no money as well

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

retirement is nice but somewhere close to 7 figures for 20 minutes of entrance and 20 minutes of quarter speed wrestling a year sounds nicer

I mean considering it probably takes him two months to recover from that 20 minutes it sounds less appealing

Cavauro posted:

Wait really? What happened?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Open Marriage Night posted:

At least one good thing came of WWE coming to Detroit. Haven't heard about the dark match yet.

No dark match. Braun took the mic, said he wasn't finished and then power slammed Dawson, then chased Dash up to the announce table and slammed him through the table to send the crowd home.

Also Braun should tag with Ellsworth in a team where Ellsworth just has to show up and stand in the tag corner.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean considering it probably takes him two months to recover from that 20 minutes it sounds less appealing

Too many investments in the coal industry. Taker has been spending a lot of his free time in real estate, that weekend warrior biker thing, and coal. Guess which one lost him money?

In fact, there was a youtube video that I can't find now where he was decked out in his full Ministry Undertaker garb in a coal mine talking about he is the Undertaker, he knows what goes on underneath the soil of the Earth, then he picks up a piece of coal and says two things happen. One is the future, the other is death. He does the roll eye thing and a cave in happens, which killed like four miners.

And so here we are.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Replacing your whole body bit by bit is probably very expensive to be fair.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Too many investments in the coal industry.

woooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Industry analysts mocked the Undertaker constantly for his poor investments. They called him the "Blundertaker".

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

look at who you're replying to lol

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/973375209116807168?s=19

The replies are all universally about her being a rapist pimp or asking for The Chris Benoit memorial battle Royal next.

They might actually have to back down if it picks up steam or someone pesters the media.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Braun is going to drag Elias's limp and feeble body to mania and win the tag titles isnt he

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

look at who you're replying to lol

Not sure what this means

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

There's pretty much zero chance Taker wrestles before Wrestlemania, right? There's a live show near me on March 30th, and if they were gonna have him do a shake-off-the-cobwebs match I wouldn't mind checking it out. Otherwise I'm probably gonna skip.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He hurt himself just prepping for the last match so I doubt they have him do any more than he needs to.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Getting ready for the "you can't wrestle" chants aimed at Taker.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I really want the "bet big and lost on coal" story to be true

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gonzo McFee posted:

The replies are all universally about her being a rapist pimp or asking for The Chris Benoit memorial battle Royal next.

The Chris Benoit Memorial Ladder Match.

Sponsored by Bowflex.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gonzo McFee posted:

They might actually have to back down if it picks up steam or someone pesters the media.
That whole thread of comments is amazing. I don't know how a company could be this tone deaf

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
At least they didnt name it the Indira Gandhi Battle Royale

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

Braun is going to drag Elias's limp and feeble body to mania and win the tag titles isnt he

I'd be so down for a Braun and Elias odd couple pairing

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

He also has Big Show´s desease

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
This story won’t get Roman over, it will just get Brock and Roman both booed.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bad take time: I hope no one wins the Fabulous Moolah battle royale. I feel like whoever wins it will be tainted just by having FIRST EVER FABULOUS MOOLAH BATTLE ROYALE WINNER attached to their name/entrance.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

DLC Inc posted:

I really want the "bet big and lost on coal" story to be true

Michelle McCoal

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I really want the Brain/Alexa tag team at Mania with her getting the pin after that flying drop from his shoulders.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i'm hoping the undertaker match doesn't happen because he looks loving awful, nobody wants to see that match on an already bloated lovely card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

piss tape israel posted:

That whole thread of comments is amazing. I don't know how a company could be this tone deaf

Like, Mildred Burke is in their loving Hall of Fame. Just name it after her if you don't want to do the Chyna thing. Sherri Martel. Miss Elizabeth. June Byers. ANYone.

(I doubt they'll back down because you know they've already had the trophy made.)

• Locked thread