Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nobody wants to see Cena/Undertaker, the match that got the only big reaction on an otherwise dead show when it was teased a few weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Do it ironically posted:

i'm hoping the undertaker match doesn't happen because he looks loving awful, nobody wants to see that match on an already bloated lovely card

i mean, it's going to happen or Cena wouldn't have cut that promo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
you know, it occurred to me that the model I have found to finally enjoy WWE again is to only watch the PPVs

The weekly shows are basically pointless

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

boar guy posted:

What happens if Taker can't pass medical? Does WWE just pay them off?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The medical test requirement is entirely their own choice, they can just waive it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

What happens if Taker can't pass medical? Does WWE just pay them off?

If Rock could do two wrestlemanias pissing hot enough to melt the glass, Taker will be fine

I almost guarantee they don't give a poo poo for a one match performer

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

boar guy posted:

taker could easily get injured have you seen recent photos of him?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Do it ironically posted:

taker could easily get injured have you seen recent photos of him?

yeah, that's fair, but what i mean is that i think that the plan is definitely for those two to wrestle each other at wrestlemania

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If Taker wasn't gonna wrestle Cena they would not have even dared hint it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MotU posted:

if MRT only goes into WWE threads to say how terrible and bad it is and that you shoudlnt watch it and stays unbanned why cant RGL do the same #FreeRGL #ModBias

If saying WWE is terrible and bad was a recipe for banning everyone in this thread would be banned.

I on the other hand like Roman Reigns, making me the third most positive person in here.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If Rock could do two wrestlemanias pissing hot enough to melt the glass, Taker will be fine

I almost guarantee they don't give a poo poo for a one match performer

There's a difference between getting medically cleared and passing a drug test.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Karmine posted:

There's a difference between getting medically cleared and passing a drug test.

Well yeah but not when the company doesn't give a poo poo about either

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

If saying WWE is terrible and bad was a recipe for banning everyone in this thread would be banned.

I on the other hand like Roman Reigns, making me the third most positive person in here.

I like Roman too and feel bad for him. Nobody could get the dogshit they give him over.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/973413391531311105

Calling an audible on having nearly identical Kurt/Rousey/HHH/Steph segments every week for a month and a half is probably the right call, but lol. "nuh uh, we didn't say that"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DeepDickPizza posted:

Calling an audible on having nearly identical Kurt/Rousey/HHH/Steph segments every week for a month and a half is probably the right call, but lol. "nuh uh, we didn't say that"
If they're smart (lol) they'll do the same with naming a battle royal after Moolah

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Some of the places I go for Raw reviews really liked last night's show, and I'm utterly baffled. The power of Braun killin' dudes, I guess.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Please do not make the antiquated Undertaker get his brittle bones shattered for the Amusement of the Marks. He has done so much for you. Allow him his rest.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonzo McFee posted:

They might actually have to back down if it picks up steam or someone pesters the media.

I mean, there must be someone here who has some weird media connections and can make this happen, right?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

D.N. Nation posted:

Some of the places I go for Raw reviews really liked last night's show, and I'm utterly baffled. The power of Braun killin' dudes, I guess.

WWE frequently deserves it but this thread is frequently much more negative on RAW/PPVs than basically any other site except maybe the WON board.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fsmhunk posted:

I like Roman too and feel bad for him. Nobody could get the dogshit they give him over.

CM Punk did.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

WWE frequently deserves it but this thread is frequently much more negative on RAW/PPVs than basically any other site except maybe the WON board.

I usually give miles of slack to the product but last night just died for me. It was Raw 25 levels of why isn't anything happening?/the stuff that's happening sucks!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Aphrodite posted:

CM Punk did.

Yeah and look what happened to him!!!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
John Cena challenged the Undertaker, Roman beefed with Vince and got suspended, Braun killed all the tag teams, Nia wants to murder Alexa and threw the least intimidating tantrum in wrestling history. I certainly didn't think it was a great raw, but storylines are advancing so that's something.

Watching the Hulu cut of raw does wonders for my perception of its quality.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
braun winning is cool and all but I don't like the idea of him just going into the match 2 on 1, find another wrestler, do something fun with it, have him demand to another wrestler that he will be a part of his team or he'll get these hands or something, or have him grab someone from smackdown and then he tells angle to stop him from doing it idk

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Braun should team with a perpetually nervous Jack Gallagher

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Honestly it was a decently serviceable show that was bookended by two horrible segments. I can see how a less critical eye could like the show.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sucks that it won't be Neville if he's teaming with anyone.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is Brock scheduled for next weeks show? I'm thinking Roman might stick it to the man and attack him despite his suspension, I guess it would make more sense on the go home show tho.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

Is Brock scheduled for next weeks show? I'm thinking Roman might stick it to the man and attack him despite his suspension, I guess it would make more sense on the go home show tho.

Vince last night guaranteed Brock would be there, but that could end up being part of the angle and he still doesn't show.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the last taker - lesnar feud i was rooting for brock and marked when he legit beat the crap of the old man with ground and pound

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Korelle posted:

Presenting Brock Lesnar as a badass loner who shows up to work when he feels like it and Roman as the loyal employee who goes crying to management about it will surely get the Wrestlemania crowd firmly on the Big Dogs side.

*Brock wins the Moolah Battle Royal*

Roman: But this was a contest for women!

Heyman: Yeah, and my client beat their brains out.

Roman: Oh, I, I can't stand it any longer. This whole promotion is insane. Insane, I tell you! Daahh! Aaah! I can be lazy too! Look at me! Hi, I'm a worthless employee, just like Brock Lesnar! Give me a main event push! Ooh, I turn gross and purple at the drop of a hat, but nobody minds! I'm doing the same two moves for ten minutes straight. Give me a raise! Now I'm returning to work which means shuffling around like an idiot. But it doesn't matter, because I'm Brock Lesnar! I don't need to cut my own promos, 'cause someone else will do it for me. DANT! DANT-DA-DANT-DANT!

Brock: Hey, you okay, Leakee?

Roman: I'm better than okay. I'm Brock Lesnar.

Brock: Heh. You wish.

Roman: Oh, hi, Mr. McMahon! I'm the worst non-Khali worker in the world. Time to go home to my cabin and eat a deer. What's this? "Extremely High Voltage." Well, I don't need to sell because, because I'm Brock Lesn--

Gavok fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 13, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gavok posted:

*Brock wins the Moolah Battle Royal*

Roman: But this was a contest for women!

Heyman: Yeah, and my client beat their brains out.

Roman: Oh, I, I can't stand it any longer. This whole plant is insane. Insane, I tell you! Daahh! Aaah! I can be lazy too! Look at me! Hi, I'm a worthless employee, just like Brock Lesnar! Give me a main event push! Ooh, I turn gross and purple at the drop of a hat, but nobody minds! I'm doing the same two moves for ten minutes straight. Give me a raise! Now I'm returning to work which means shuffling around like an idiot. But it doesn't matter, because I'm Brock Lesnar! I don't need to cut my own promos, 'cause someone else will do it for me. DANT! DANT-DA-DANT-DANT!

Brock: Hey, you okay, Leakee?

Roman: I'm better than okay. I'm Brock Lesnar.

Brock: Heh. You wish.

Roman: Oh, hi, Mr. McMahon! I'm the worst non-Khali worker in the world. Time to go home to my cabin and eat a deer. What's this? "Extremely High Voltage." Well, I don't need to sell because, because I'm Brock Lesn--
I appreciate this

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Nobody wants to see Cena/Undertaker, the match that got the only big reaction on an otherwise dead show when it was teased a few weeks ago.

I popped too, until I remembered that it's not 5 years ago, the streak's dead, Cena's in his 40's, and Undertaker looks like poo poo, already had a pretty good symbolic retirement, and would probably have a heart attack and break his spine just by doing his sit up pose.

He really should have come out the night after he lost to Reigns as Mark Calloway and have a big Flair-esque send off. Now it's just sad.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

DoctorGonzo posted:

In the last taker - lesnar feud i was rooting for brock and marked when he legit beat the crap of the old man with ground and pound

That match was probably peak Lesnar in this current run.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My favorite segment last night was when a woman who used to be called a pig by the other wrestlers and a woman with a history of eating disorders made fun of another woman because she was fat.

I'm sure they loved doing it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cabbit posted:

The cuts in this are all the correct choice.

Simpler times.

Senerio posted:

My favorite segment last night was when a woman who used to be called a pig by the other wrestlers and a woman with a history of eating disorders made fun of another woman because she was fat.

I'm sure they loved doing it.

Alexis Kaufman has a history of eating disorders, Alexa Bliss does not.

Brother.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cabbit posted:

It was in their second hiac

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So apparently the writers realized that having Braun no-show every single RAW from now until Wrestlemania still isn't enough of a heat sink to make people cheer Roman, and now they've brought Vince on too in full Evil Boss mode because oh God, do something, anything to draw the boos away from precious baby Reigns.

Do they not realize how patently obvious this is? I can smell the desperation flop-sweat coming right through my TV.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Do it ironically posted:

braun winning is cool and all but I don't like the idea of him just going into the match 2 on 1, find another wrestler, do something fun with it, have him demand to another wrestler that he will be a part of his team or he'll get these hands or something, or have him grab someone from smackdown and then he tells angle to stop him from doing it idk

Oh god, Hornswoggle's coming back, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

Please do not make the antiquated Undertaker get his brittle bones shattered for the Amusement of the Marks. He has done so much for you. Allow him his rest.

Look you can't go around calling yourself a dead man if you're not willing to take that last step.

• Locked thread